1. If someone makes you feel less than you are or unpleasant, leave them. They don’t belong in your life. Only those who directly contribute to your happiness, health and peace of mind belong in your life. Never compromise on that.
2. Find your principles, and let them lead you through life. Choose your battles wisely, and don’t let anyone make you feel like a doormat. Some things are worth fighting for, and some simply aren’t. Learn to distinguish between the two, and never settle for less.
3. We’re all just trying to get by in this thing called ‘life’ and doing our best. Nobody really knows what they’re doing; there’s no manual for life. Some people are just good at hiding their insecurities, that’s all. Always try to do your best, and be kind. We’re all in this together.
4. More often than not, people aren’t hurting you intentionally. Everybody’s just looking out for themselves. That’s the harsh truth. If they somehow end up hurting you in any way, it doesn’t mean that was their intention. Sometimes, they didn’t even take you into account, it just happened to be that way, so don’t always take things too personally.
5. Follow your gut. Do the things that feel right for YOU. Don’t listen to anyone telling you how and what you should be doing. No one knows that but you! Everybody is going to have opinions, but it’s not your job to listen to them. Do what’s right for you, and always make sure to make the best choices for yourself without hurting anyone else in the process.
6. Listen to your body. Eat what you want to eat, not what you think you should, and drink a lot of water. Exercise if you want to strengthen your body and clear your head, and only be around those that make you feel less lonely.
Don’t do things just because everyone else is doing them, and never feel pressured to do something you’re not comfortable with. Fix things that can be fixed, and learn from your mistakes.
When you feel uninspired, break out of your comfort zone, and look for inspiration in new places. You know yourself better than anyone, so always listen to what your body and mind are telling you. You’re in this life whether you like it or not, so you might as well make the most of it.
7. Take care of yourself before you take care of someone else. Don’t put everyone else’s needs before your own, otherwise you will burn out. Be kind to yourself, and put yourself first. If you don’t, nobody else will. You matter!
8. Life is going to hit hard sometimes. Some days you’ll wake up as happy as can be, excited about what the day has to offer, and some days you’ll feel sad for no apparent reason, and nothing will motivate you to get out of bed. You will struggle with everything.
Don’t feel like there’s something wrong with you if this happens. We all go through different phases and emotions. Let yourself feel, but never let it consume you. Feel it, than let it go, by devoting your attention to something you’re passionate about to preoccupy yourself.
9. Learn to forgive. If you don’t, it will consume you and won’t let you lead the peaceful life you deserve. I know some people aren’t worth being forgiven, but think of it this way. You won’t be doing it for them. You’ll be doing it for yourself and your inner peace and happiness. You’ll feel better about yourself. Also, just because you have forgiven does not mean you will let them back into your life.
10. Everybody is going through stuff you know nothing about. Be mindful of that. We all have our own silent battles and are trying to do our best. Be open-hearted and considerate. Know that you are not privy to everything that goes on in the head of those close to you. Be a good friend, partner and parent, and think twice before saying something you might regret at a later time.
Hello everybody! I’m Tara. I have a major in English language and literature, and in my free time i love to sing and write. Kindness is my favorite quality in people. I am all about female empowerment and I’m inspired by all the strong women who have had it rough but managed to stick up for themselves. I love my family and friends, and value them above anyone else. I hope you will enjoy my work, as I hope to inspire all the women out there, with my stories that mostly come from personal experience and of those close to me.