As we are nearing the end of December, which is the month when people usually start reflecting on their year and their choices, it is inevitable that you will start asking yourself what you have accomplished this year and if it brought you any joy.
Use this time to reflect on your dreams and aspirations in life. If you are not pleased with how 2018 played out, make an even bigger effort to make 2019 your best year yet!
Do you feel weighed down by certain people or circumstances? Cut that shit out of your life and move into the New Year with nothing but genuine thoughts and people! Don’t let anything unhealthy linger for too long!
This is the perfect time to make a conscious decision to let go of anything that doesn’t serve you anymore and move forward with clear ideas of the future you want for yourself!
Don’t worry about things that went wrong but rather focus on those that went right! Set a clear goal to go onward down that path and don’t let anything stop you from making your dreams happen.
In the spirit of welcoming the year ahead with a positive outlook and letting go of the past year, here are 10 things to let go of as this year nears its end!
1. Let go of those unhealthy thoughts in your head that are telling you that you’re not where you’re supposed to be! You’re here, you’re alive and you’ve survived every hardship life had to offer. And you wouldn’t be the person you are without it! Stand proud of the woman you are and never doubt your journey.
2. Start telling yourself a more positive narrative in your head. You are what you think! Don’t poison your mind with negative thoughts about yourself but rather lift yourself up and hold yourself high, knowing that you are doing amazing and what awaits is better than what’s gone!
3. Release the idea that your hardships are here to stay. No, they’re not! Just like everything so far, this too shall pass! It is only here to make you stronger and make you see how much you can endure! Good things await when you start believing in yourself.
4. Don’t feel the need to control everything. Let life surprise you sometimes. There are things in life that you just cannot control. And when you are able to accept that, then you will be able to grow from it. What you can control, you will know, and what you cannot, let go and let God!
5. Understand that things are better than they seem right now. Whatever may be troubling you, it is always much worse in your head than in reality. Let yourself feel but let yourself be happy as well! Focus on things that bring you peace and happiness and don’t hold on to negativity.
6. Stop asking why things are happening to you but rather ask what you can learn from this. When you learn to see things from a healthy perspective, you will always find a way to learn from it. Never ask why something is happening and always seek what it is meant to teach you.
7. Let go of the need to control the outcome. You won’t always get what you want in life and especially not when you want it. But you will always get what you need and when you need it. Learn to trust the process and accept what it teaches you on your journey to self-discovery.
8. Stop thinking that your mistakes define you. They don’t! Your mistakes are what made you come this far, they made you learn what you didn’t know and now you know better. Be thankful for your mistakes and move forward with grace.
9. You don’t always have to be right. When you are confident in the choices you make, you don’t need to prove anything to anyone. Accept when you’re wrong and be humble when you’re right.
10. It’s never too late for you! Achieve your dreams! Make things happen for yourself. If you don’t, nobody will! It’s never too late to live. Make the best of this year and this life. After all, it’s the only one you’ve got.