Some of us feel much better when we are single than being in a relationship. Maybe we had some awful experiences from the past or we just feel okay being single. Whatever the reason is, there are some obvious signs that can tell whether we are ready for a relationship or not. If you wonder how to find it out, I suggest you to keep reading!
1. I have a lot of friends – Having a lot of friends and spending some quality time with them can totally make you forget about finding your soulmate. If you and your friend go out every evening and spend some great time together you will not think about finding love any time soon. That can be good because you will make a strong bond with your friends and you will be able to be there for them all the time. On the other hand, maybe sometimes you will not feel good seeing your friends kissing next to you. In moments like that you would want to have date as well. The bottom line is that you should just listen to your heart. Only your heart can tell you when is the right time to fall in love, so listen carefully!
2. I feel damn good for being alone – There are certain things that can make you feel good. Some of us are fulfilled with their career or kids while others constantly need a support of their partner. I think being independent is essential. If you are looking for someone to be with you all the time and be your support it means you won’t be able to solve your problems alone. There are many reasons why people like to be single. One of them is that they suffered an abusive relationship in the past and now they don’t trust to anybody. On the other hand there are people who are still very young so going out every night with a new girl is something that keeps them moving!
3. You had many bad experiences – If you suffered too much in a bad relationship there are big chances that you won’t be ready for a new one any time soon. If some things never happened to you, it doesn’t mean they are not happening to other people around you. Things like arguing all day long or saying bad things and even hitting their partner can happen in relationships. The most important thing is that you should never stay in a toxic relationship. Whenever you see that things are getting worse it is time for an important conversation. If things are not good after the conversation they won’t be good at all. So give your best and try to make it work. If you don’t succeed at least you will know it is not your fault!
4. You don’t like men of your age – It is possible that you don’t like guys of your age. Maybe they act like kids or are spoiled so you are attracted to older guys with some life experience. I have a friend who is in her 30-ies and still haven’t found Mr. Right. When I ask her what the problem is, she says that boys of our age are not serious at all. They only want to get laid and that’s all. Having a one night stand is more important than a quality relationship. I just wonder where did all those gentleman hide. Why they don’t show up when we need them? But it comforts me to know that one can’t escape their destiny. If you are supposed to be with someone, that is going to happen sooner or later!
5. You have „friends with benefits“– Having friends with benefits is some kind of trend nowadays. There are a lot of people having friends during the day and lovers during the night. I don’t think it is good choice but for some people that’s the best one they have. If you have sex regularly you won’t miss it. It is good because you have friend and lover at the same time. But be careful if you are doing that because things can get complicated. You may risk to lose your best friend and things will never be the same they were before. So think twice before you start this kind of game and think whether you are ready for it!
6. You don’t feel free when being in a relationship – Some people don’t feel free when they are being in a relationship. Maybe their partner wants them to behave in certain way or they are just bored with guys. One of the most important things in a relationship is to be yourself. Don’t act you are something just because your partner likes it. Say what you want and what you think. Expressing your opinion is essential part of every relationship. So don’t hold your tongue!
7. You hate sharing space with someone – There will be time when two of you will get marry and live in the same house. If you are not a morning person, all those noises when he is showering will definitely make you crazy. It is not easy to let someone in your life and in your home. You need to be fully prepared for that decision and you can’t regret it later. If you don’t feel like living with someone you can wait until you are ready. Otherwise it doesn’t make any sense!
Some of these things are very common worldwide. There are people who feel much better when they are single than being in a relationship. The catch is you need to listen to your heart when making a decision like this. Don’t let anyone force you to make a wrong decision.
The bottom line is that YOU will end up living with that person and not your friends. People reveal their real face when they share space so if you are not ready for the worst version of himself, don’t let him into your life – nor into your house!