You should always give your best in everything you do, but there’s nothing wrong with failing the first time. Life will give you another chance and the rest is up to you.
If you are thinking about giving someone a second chance, then these second chances quotes will help you to decide and do the right thing.
We all make mistakes and sometimes you have to forgive your loved one for making one. Some people deserve another chance because they’ll make the most of it.
If you are lucky enough to get a second chance from a person you care about, then take it seriously and prove to them that they’ve made the right choice.
Check out our collection of inspirational quotes that will help you understand the true importance of second chances.
Second chance motivational quotes
1. “If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
2. “In case you never get a second chance: don’t be afraid! And what if you do get a second chance? You take it!” – C. JoyBell C.
3. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. “Not everyone gets a second chance. If you do get one, take advantage of it because it’s a gift, and it may be something better than you had before!” – Nishan Panwar
5. “You can always befriend an enemy if you stay kind, give them a second chance, and make them understand why you did it. Be trustful, but not naïve.” ― Tamuna Tsertsvadze
6. “Opportunity dances with those who are already on the dance floor.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
7. “Opportunity rarely knocks on your door. Knock rather on opportunity’s door if you ardently wish to enter.” – B. C. Forbes
8. “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore
9. “Miracles were just second chances if you really thought about it–second chances when all hope was lost.” – Kaya McLaren
10. “It has been said that sometimes the greatest hope in our lives is just a second chance to do what we should have done right in the first place.” ― Richard Paul Evans, Lost December
11. “There’s nothing as exciting as a comeback–seeing someone with dreams, watching them fail, and then getting a second chance.” – Rachel Griffiths
12. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
13. “A second chance doesn’t mean you’re in the clear. In many ways, it is the more difficult thing. Because a second chance means that you have to try harder. You must rise to the challenge without the blind optimism of ignorance.” ― Ling Ma
14. “Whatever problems we had back then don’t exist anymore. It’s why we have this second chance, and we can’t throw it away.” – Michelle Maddow
15. “I have become convinced that God thoroughly enjoys fixing and saving things that are broken. That means that no matter how hurt and defeated you feel, no matter how badly you have been damaged, God can repair you. God can give anyone a second chance.” – Melody Carlson
16. “Every second we have a second chance to do something we haven’t done yet. That’s why it’s called a second and not a first.” – Robert J. Braathe
17.“I want the world to know that everybody deserves a second chance.” – El Debarge
18. “Let tomorrow be your second chance to prove that you are better than today and yesterday.” – Ritu Ghatourey
19. “Second chances do come your way. Like trains, they arrive and depart regularly. Recognizing the ones that matter is the trick.” – Jill A. Davis
20. “To take that second chance, we need to notice where we are and be open to the possibility of growing.” – Holly Elissa Bruno
21. “At some point, you have to love yourself enough to let the last chance be the last chance. You can’t keep holding on to what used to be, praying a person’s potential somehow develops into what you thought it would. You can love a person with everything in you but if the timing isn’t right, it just won’t work. You can’t force it and you shouldn’t have to. The love is still there… It’s just gotta be from a distance now.” – Unknown
22. “Without failing at one thing, there won’t be an opportunity to try again, learn and grow. Life isn’t static but dynamic. Learn to embrace whatever situation you may face and strive to overcome. Believe in yourself, knowing your best is yet to come.” – Kemi Sogunle
23. “We can’t run out of second chances…only time.” – Robin Jones Gunn
24. “Because this is what I believe – that second chances are stronger than secrets. You can let secrets go. But a second chance? You don’t let that pass you by.” – Daisy Whitney
25. “Take chances, take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel, always. Be you, and be okay with it.” – Unknown
26. “Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.” – Ovid
27. “Having a second chance makes you want to work even harder.” – Tia Mowry
28. “Sometimes, there might be a second chance. Cause maybe time wasn’t ready for the first one.” – Unknown
29. “I will forever believe in second chances and forgiveness, because if it weren’t for those two things I would and should be dead.” – Dedrick D. L. Pitter
30. “People aren’t always what you want them to be. Sometimes they disappoint you or let you down, but you have to give them a chance first. You can’t just meet someone and expect them to be everything you’re looking for and then be angry when they’re not every hope and aspiration you projected onto them. It’s foolish to believe that someone will be what you imagine them to be. And sometimes, when you give them a chance, they turn out to be better than you imagined. Different, but better.” – Chloe Rattray
31. “People do make mistakes and I think they should be punished. But they should be forgiven and given the opportunity for a second chance. We are human beings.” – David Millar
32. “Thank God you are still alive for many have died and are dying as I speak. You still have the opportunity to change and make things right whilst those that have died wish for that second chance.” – Aleksandr Sebryakov
33. “We all deserve second chances, but not for the same mistake.” – Thabiso Olwethu Xabanisa
34. “We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.” – Harrison Ford
35. “Sometimes goodbye is a second chance.” – Shinedown
36. “Sometimes in life, you’re not always given a second chance, but if you do, take advantage of it, and go out with a bang!” – Aquaria
37. “Second chances are not given to make things right. But are given to prove that we could be better even after we fall.” – Unknown
38. “It’s easy enough to keep something moving, but getting it going in the first place is hard. That’s the thing about second chances and fresh starts. It’s a (re)start. You gotta get things moving all over again, the second time around.” ― Wildbow
39. “We get a second chance at everything, including our mistakes.” ― Christopher X. Shade
40. “Sometimes, some people and some situations deserve a second chance.” ― Germany Kent
Second chance quotes about love
41.“That’s the thing about life. You don’t always get a second chance and there are no guarantees. Love is the only thing that really matters.” – Linda Becker
42. “They say everyone needs a second chance. I am willing to give you one provided you are ready to accept it.” – Nidhi Saini
43. “Never give up on love, you never know when you might get a second chance.” – Unknown
44. “Sometimes when we least expect it, love gives us a second chance.” ― Jacqueline Simon Gunn
45. “I’ve been with my husband for seven years. With my husband and my son, I get my second chance in life to be loved and be happy.” — Tonya Harding
Second chance quotes about relationships
46. “If somebody is gracious enough to give me a second chance, I won’t need a third.” – Pete Rose
47. “A second chance doesn’t mean anything if you didn’t learn from your first.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
48. “Everyone needs a second chance! If she’s begging you for one give it to her. You never know when you’ll need one from her.” – Unknown
49. “You can give them another chance, or you can forgive, let go, and give yourself a better chance.” – Unknown
50. “Sometimes things make more sense the second time around. People change, you change and the universe changes, if we keep ourselves confined to first chances only, we will truly miss out on some of the most beautiful things in life.” – Rania Naim
51. “Second chances don’t always mean a happy ending. Sometimes, it’s just another shot to end things right.” – Unknown
52. “Do you ever wish you had a second chance to meet someone again for the first time?” – Unknown
53. “The best thing you can give someone is a chance.” – Unknown
54. “I mean we all need a second chance sometimes.” – Joel Osteen
55. “If I could do it all over again… I would know what it felt like to lose you, if you give me just one more chance I promise, I will do everything in my power to keep you.” – Unknown
56. “Stop giving so many second chances. Wishing someone would be something they’re not is a waste of time and messes with your head. Truth hurts a lot sometimes… and I hate to be the one to break it to you, but in reality, you’re stressing and agonizing about ending a relationship they left a while ago.” – Steve Maraboli
Second chance quotes about life
57. “Every moment of your life is a second chance.” – Rick Price
58. “If you are still breathing, you have a second chance.” – Oprah Winfrey
59. “I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as making a life. I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back.” – Maya Angelou
60. “Life always offers us a second chance. It’s called tomorrow. So don’t give up against adverse circumstances and keep fighting.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
61. “Tomorrow when I awaken, the slate will be clean, and a new day will stretch before me. God’s mercies are new every morning.” – Lori Hatcher
62. “We’re given second chances every day of our life. We don’t usually take them, but they’re there for the taking.” – Andrew M. Greeley
63. “Don’t think there are no second chances. Life always offers you a SECOND CHANCE… It’s called TOMORROW.” – Nicholas Sparks
64. “If she gives you a second chance she’s a real keeper. Now be a man and show her why she should keep you.” – Unknown
65. “Every second a seeker can start over, for his life’s mistakes are initial drafts and not the final version.” – Sri Chinmoy
66. “God always offers us a second chance in life.” – Paulo Coelho
67. “If you ever get a second chance in life for something, you’ve got to go all the way.” – Lance Armstrong
68. “Sometimes life gives you a second chance, or even two! Not always, but sometimes. It’s what you do with those second chances that counts.” – Dave Wilson
69. “Hearts will break and people will hurt you, darling.” Her mother said. “But when you let those people control your outlook on life, you only allow them to have a greater hold on your happiness. Once you accept the fact that every day is a new day to begin again, life becomes a much easier path to walk.” – Courtney Giardina
70. “That is what life is about. We do not get redos, but we do get second chances.” – Jeffrey Fry
71. “Or were we like people who have died before their time and are given a second chance by some minor deity, but with so many provisos that the new life feels like a deferred death?” – André Aciman
72. “The thing about roads is sometimes you happen upon them again. Sometimes you get another chance to travel down the same path.” – Jill Santopolo
73. “In life, there isn’t always a second chance for many things. If there is then make the most of it.” – Raja Shakeel Mushtaque
74. “The best gift in life is a second chance.” – Unknown
Don’t give second chance quotes
Some mistakes are truly unforgivable. If you think that some people don’t deserve another chance in life or your relationship after all, then you’ll find these to be the most appropriate and the best quotes for you.
75. “I don’t buy the idea of a second chance. With hope we make a lot of chances.” – Toba Beta
76.“There is no going back in life, no return, no second chance. I cannot call back the spoken word or the accomplished deed.” – Daphne Du Maurier
77. “There are no second chances in life, except to feel remorse.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
78. “Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them an extra bullet for their gun.. cause they missed you the first time.” – Unknown
79. “When you’re on the road, there’s no time for second chances and messing yourself up.” – Shaun Alexander
80. “All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.” – Mae West
81. “A lifetime isn’t forever, so take the first chance, don’t wait for the second one! Because sometimes, there aren’t second chances! And if it turns out to be a mistake? So what! This is life! A whole bunch of mistakes! But if you never get a second chance at something you didn’t take a first chance at? That’s true failure.” – C. JoyBell C.
82. “There’s no second chance on stage, and I was trained to make the most of my first chance.” – Kate Smith
83. “You had your chance. You blew it. No second chances.” – Unknown
84. “[…] you’re willing to look past things and to give people second chances. But the thing is, Rose, some people don’t deserve them.” – Rebecca Serle
If someone gives you another chance, you should show them they did the right thing. Don’t take it for granted. Maybe they won’t be so gracious the next time.
Hopefully, these second chance quotes will inspire you to be more thankful and appreciate new opportunities in life.
However, be always careful to whom you give another chance because sometimes, no matter how hurtful it is, letting go is the best option you have.