Sometimes starting a conversation can be hard, especially if you are on an app like Tinder. You want to impress your Tinder match, but at the same time, you’re afraid of making the first move.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Tinder questions that can be great conversation starters for you. They can even help you to take your online dating relationship to the next level.
Whether you want a real relationship or are only looking for a hookup, here you’ll find the right questions to ask your Tinder date.
Tinder Icebreaker Questions
1. Hey there, how was your weekend?
2. Hi, how’s your week going?
3. Hi. How are you on this lovely day?
4. Hi. What have you been up to lately?
5. Hi, you are my new chat friend for today!
6. Hey, are you having a nice day?
7. Hi, any fun plans coming up?
7. Hey, what’s the most idiotic opening sentence you’ve ever received?
9. OK tell. What is your excuse for sitting on Tinder?
10. Hi, I hope your week is going well.
11. Hiya, how are you?
12. Just stopping by to say hello. Hello!
13. I just had to say hi to you. Hi!
14. Hi. How are things with you?
15. How’s your day going so far?
16. I hope you’re having a nice day.
17. Hi. Having a nice day?
18. Just wanted to say hi!
19. Well, hi! How are things?
20. Hope your day is going well. What have you been up to?
21. Hey, how are things going with you?
22. Hi, what are you up to right now?
23. Well, hi there. How’s life treating you?
24. Hey there, how are things in your life?
Questions To Ask Your Tinder Match
If somebody that you’re interested in swipes right on you, then he/she becomes your Tinder match. Here are some of the best Tinder questions to help you make the first move.
25. What’s the best present you’ve ever gotten?
26. What’s the best present that you ever gave?
27. Do you have any nicknames?
28. Do you have any siblings?
29. How tall are you?
30. How long have you lived around here?
31. If you moved here, where did you move from?
32. Do you like it here?
33. What is your ideal town or city like?
34. Would you ever get a tattoo? What of?
35. What’s the best thing you’ve got going on in your life at the moment?
36. What incredibly common thing have you never done?
37. What has taken you the longest to get good or decent at?
38. What food do you love that a lot of people might find a little odd?
39. If you could start a charity, what would it be for?
40. What was the funniest thing you’ve seen recently online?
41. What are some of your favorite games to play?
42. Would you ever get a piercing? Where?
43. What was your first ever job?
44. What was your first job out of school?
45. Where is the last place that you traveled to?
46. Do you believe in aliens?
47. Do you like to cook?
48. What is your favorite sport?
49. Have you used other dating sites or dating apps?
50. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
51. What takes a lot of time but is totally worth it?
52. What is the most amazing fact you know?
53. What website or app doesn’t exist, but you really wish it did?
54. What’s your favorite type of day? (weather, temp, etc.)
55. What is the cleverest or funniest piece of advertising you’ve seen?
56. How into self-improvement are you?
57. When someone finds out what you do or where you’re from, what question do they always ask you?
58. Do you prefer something spicy or sweet?
59. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
60. What was your favorite subject in school?
61. If you could have a drink right now, what would it be?
62. What topic could you give a 20-minute presentation on without any preparation?
63. What’s something that a lot of people are missing out on because they don’t know about it?
64. What are some of your guilty pleasures?
65. Who is the most interesting person you’ve met and talked with?
66. What has really taken a toll on you?
67. How did you spend the money from your very first job?
68. What do you wish someone taught you a long time ago?
69. Do you think you rely too heavily on your phone? Why or why not?
70. What do you like to do on a night out?
71. What’s the worst movie that you’ve ever seen?
72. What’s something that you’d want to be famous for?
73. Do you live by yourself?
74. What rule do you wish they’d introduce into your favorite sport?
75. What kind of challenges are you facing these days?
76. What do you highly recommend to most people you meet?
77. Do you think you have a pretty good work-life balance? Why or why not?
78. What was the last thing you were really excited about?
79. What’s your best “my coworkers are crazy” story?
80. What does your perfect breakfast look like?
81. What are some of your favorite holiday traditions that you did while growing up?
82. If you could choose your dreams, what would you prefer to dream about?
83. What is your life story in four sentences?
84. What’s something you’ve always wanted to do?
85. Do you have any pets?
86. What do you usually do on a Saturday night?
87. What kind of food do you like to eat?
88. How do you feel about Mondays?
89. Do you have a favorite day of the week?
90. Would you ride in a zeppelin if given a chance?
91. What’s something that was once important but is now becoming less and less relevant?
92. What tells you the most about a person?
93. When is the most interesting period in history?
94. What’s the best pair of shoes you have owned?
95. What book had the most significant impact on you?
96. Where’s your favorite place to nap?
97. What is the best event you’ve attended?
98. What do you buy way more than most people?
99. What do you rebel against?
100. What well-known person does the most good for the world?
101. What’s your zodiac sign?
102. Do you play board games?
103. What’s your worst habit?
104. Who would you say knows you the best?
105. What’s the weirdest way you have met someone?
106. What’s the most amazing natural occurrence you’ve witnessed?
107. How did you get that scar of yours?
108. What do you wish was illegal?
109. If someone came up to you and said “Hey, do that thing you do!” what thing would pop into your head first?
110. Who’s the most intelligent or creative person you know?
111. What wastes the most time in your day-to-day life?
112. What’s the last TV show that you really enjoyed watching?
113. So far in your life, what’s been your favorite age?
114. What’s a piece of advice you would give to the younger version of yourself?
115. Would you rather have love or unlimited money?
116. What is the song that you have probably listened to the most?
117. What is the worst age that you have been so far?
118. Who is one person that you’d like to have dinner with who’s dead?
119. Do you stay up to date with the news?
120. If you were the opposite sex for one day, what’s the first thing you’d do?
121. What’s the nicest thing that someone has ever said about you?
122. What problem do you have that might be entirely unique to you?
123. What company or brand did you love until they betrayed your trust?
124. Would you ever try space tourism if you had the money for it?
125. What’s the most annoying machine you must deal with regularly?
126. What are you grateful for?
127. What’s been the best thing about your year so far?
128. What was your favorite class in college?
129. Were you in any clubs in college?
130. What’s your favorite mode of transportation?
131. Do you believe in ghosts?
132. Do you think magic is real?
133. Do you have any phobias?
134. What’s the latest that you have ever stayed up?
135. Have you ever pulled an all-nighter? Why?
136. Would you rather have a baby from the last person you were with or never be able to have kids?
137. What’s the best or worst prank you’ve played on someone?
138. What motivates you?
139. Where are five places you really want to visit before you die?
140. What’s the best location to fully enjoy a good cup of coffee?
141. How handy are you when it comes to fixing things?
142. What instrument do you wish you could play?
143. What’s the one misconception that people often have about you?
144. What’s the worst thing someone could say about you?
145. Do you tend to be late, right on time, or early to things?
146. What weird thing do you have nostalgia for?
147. What works of art have really made an impression on you?
148. What culture would you like to learn more about?
149. If you were featured on the local news, what would you most likely be on there for?
150. What do you wish your phone could do?
151. What’s your favorite international food?
152. What workers have the worst jobs?
153. What kind of physical activities do you like doing?
154. Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
155. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
156. Who’s your biggest role model?
157. Do you prefer beer, wine, or cocktails?
158. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
159. What big problem do you think technology will solve next?
160. What fashion trend needs to be brought back?
161. How do you think you will be/act when you are old?
162. What’s your favorite way to waste time online?
163. What’s the longest trip you’ve been on?
164. What was something you thought would be easy until you tried it?
165. What, in your opinion, is the most amazing animal?
166. Do you like your job?
167. Do you speak any other languages?
168. What were you like in high school?
169. What’s the next place on your travel list?
170. How long was your longest relationship?
171. How did your last Tinder date go?
172. What part of my profile made you want to talk to me?
173. What are your friends like?
174. When was your last relationship?
175. How did your last relationship end?
176. Which TV character do you relate to?
177. Which 3 fictional characters describe you?
178. What do you want to do when you retire?
179. What do you do to unwind after a hard day?
180. How have you changed since high school?
181. Would you rather spend time with other people or at home alone?
182. What’s your idea of a great party?
183. What was your worst haircut experience?
184. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what’s on it?
185. What would your dream house be like?
186. What is an expensive thing that is worth it to you?
187. When do you feel most out of place?
188. What did you do last summer?
189. When was the last time you sang with someone else in the room?
190. Do you sing in the shower?
191. Do you watch any reality TV shows?
192. When is the last time that you walked for more than an hour?
193. How many countries have you been to?
194. What habit would you like to get into but haven’t done yet?
195. Can you leave your home without your phone?
196. What kind of drink do you tend to order when you’re on a night out?
197. What did you like about my profile?
198. What do you usually do on a Sunday morning?
199. Do you sleep in on the weekends?
200. What is your perfect first date?
201. Do you like to celebrate the holidays?
202. Do you dress up for Halloween?
203. What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve worn?
204. Do you go to bed early or late at night?
205. Where did you grow up?
206. What is the worst purchase you ever made?
207. What is the best purchase you ever made?
208. Do you like to dance?
209. Do you believe in aliens?
210. Do you drink a lot?
211. What would you do with a million dollars?
212. Do you smoke?
213. What did you give your best friend (or sibling, parent, etc.) for his/her birthday?
214. If you could only eat one type of donut for the rest of your life, what would it be?
215. What three things do you think we have in common?
216. What are you most grateful for?
217. What would constitute a perfect day for you?
218. What one thing is important for me to know about you?
219. What’s something you like about me already?
220. How did you meet your best friend?
221. Have you ever tried online dating?
222. Do you think the guy or the girl should make the first move?
This-Or-That Good Questions To Ask On Tinder
Make your Tinder conversation more interesting using these random questions. They might seem silly, but they can reveal more than you think about a person’s character.
223. Phone calls or texting?
224. Sweet potato fries or onion rings?
225. Cookies or donuts?
226. Ice cream or cake?
227. Facebook or Instagram?
228. Car or truck?
229. Coffee or tea?
230. Iced coffee or hot coffee?
231. Winter or summer?
232. TV or books?
233. Books or eBooks?
234. TV shows or movies?
235. Netflix or YouTube?
236. iOS or Android?
237. Cake or pie?
238. Swimming or sunbathing?
239. Big party or small gathering?
240. Football or basketball?
241. Sneakers or sandals?
242. Online shopping or shopping in a store?
243. Coke or pepsi?
244. Meat or veg?
245. Horror or comedy?
246. City or countryside?
247. Shower or bath?
248. Mac or PC?
Fun Opening Tinder Questions
Humor is one of the best ways to attract someone. Make your convo interesting and light-hearted with one of these opening questions and one-liners.
249. Hey, I hope you have more to offer than just a nice head.
250. Hello, I really thought you were the nicest girl I met in the last five minutes.
251. Hi, I want to make one thing clear: I don’t send a nudie in the first 20 messages.
252. What’s something that everyone looks stupid doing?
253. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
254. How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?
255. What used to be considered trashy but now is very classy?
256. If peanut butter wasn’t called peanut butter, what would it be called?
257. What would be the worst “buy one get one free” sale of all time?
258. What would be the coolest animal to scale up to the size of a horse?
259. What two totally normal things become really weird if you do them back to back?
260. What set of items could you buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?
261. What’s the creepiest thing you could say while passing a stranger on the street?
262. What’s something you just recently realized that you are embarrassed you didn’t realize earlier?
263. Have you ever caught something on fire while cooking?
264. What’s something that’s really popular now, but in 5 years everyone will look back on and be embarrassed by?
265. What is your most embarrassing moment from high school?
266. What’s something you refuse to share?
267. What would be the hat to end all hats? What could you wear on your head that would make people stop what they’re doing and stare in awe and amazement?
268. If you had to give up either brushing your teeth or brushing your hair every day, which one would you choose?
Flirty Tinder Questions
If you want to win your Tinder match over with your charm, here are some flirty questions and compliments that might just help you.
269. There’s just something about you. I haven’t figured out what it is yet. Do you know?
270. Can I buy you a drink?
271. How is someone like you single?
272. What pickup line has worked for you in the past?
273. Do you consider yourself to be romantic?
274. Do you fall in love easily?
275. Do you prefer to keep things casual? Or do you just want something fun?
276. How long do you think two people should wait before they go all the way?
277. If we could spend one day together, where would you want to go? You can choose any place in the entire world.
278. Do you like romantic gestures? If yes, then what kind of gestures do you like the most?
279. Do you believe in love at first sight?
280. What’s behind that smile of yours, I wonder?
281. Is it too early to tell you how amazing I feel around you?
282. Can you name three things that always make you smile?
283. Was that an earthquake, or was it you who just rocked my world?
284. Hello, I’m currently writing a phone book. Can I have your number?
285. Did the sun come out, or did you just smile at me?
286. I’m learning about important dates in history. Wanna be one of them?
287. Is there an airport close by, or is it just my heart taking off?
288. Could you please tell me A LOT about yourself?
289. I need some quick answers for my math homework. What’s your number?
290. My parents told me never to talk to strangers. So, how about we become friends?
291. Will you allow me to take a picture of you so that I can prove to my friends that angels really exist?
292. Aside from a kiss, what else can I steal from you?
To wrap up
We hope you’ll find some questions here that will help you with your online dating game or inspire you to write your own.
With these Tinder questions, you just can’t go wrong. Pick the one that you think will work for you and witness the magic. Your Tinder match will go crazy about you. Now, start swiping!