There are days when we don’t feel like getting out of the bed and just opening our eyes feels like climbing bloody Mt. Everest. There are days when we have all the happiness of the world in our hands, but we just can’t seem to grasp it, and the void inside of us is echoing with sadness and memories from the past. That echo is deafening and we can’t seem to snap out of it no matter how hard we try. No matter what we do, we are still stuck in the same place.
And then, there are days when motivation seems like some mythological being. Something our ancestors made up, just to have something to rub our noses in when we feel like the biggest failures. Days when the will to live, to work and to make it happen seems so far away from us, it might as well be in a different timeline.
Days when we feel broken. Days when we feel bruised. Days when we feel beaten down by the time, by the failure, people and ourselves.
Those days can turn into weeks. Weeks can turn into months. And every second of it feels like eternity. But you are not alone. I am not alone. We are not alone. Everyone is struggling, everyone is losing and winning. Everyone is trying to find a way to make it through the day alive. And so did these amazing people whose quotes you can read below:
1. I never dreamed about success. I worked for it. ― Estee Lauder
2. I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass. — Maya Angelou
3. The question isn’t who is going to let me, it’s who is going to stop me. — Ayn Rand
4. Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness. – Oprah Winfrey
5. Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. – Martin Luther King Jr.
6. Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then. – Diana Ross
7. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on. – Robert Frost
8. Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it’s all the same day. –Janis Joplin
9. I have come to realize making yourself happy is most important. Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion you want and do what makes you happy. That’s my life motto. — Demi Lovato
10. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. – Maya Angelou
11. Keep your heels, your head and your standards high! – Coco Chanel
12. Here’s to strong women: may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them. – Unknown
13. Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim. – Nora Ephron
14. The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it… – Roseanne Barr
15. One is not born, but rather becomes a woman. – Simone de Beauvoir
16. A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done. — Marge Piercy
17. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. – Will Rogers
18. It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up. – Vince Lombardi
19. If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. — Margaret Thatcher
20. Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you. — Hillary Clinton