If you’re looking for ways to strengthen your relationship and improve the emotional connection, these intimacy quotes are sure to help you!
Truth be told, when someone mentions the word “intimacy,” the majority of us instantly think of the physical aspect of it. Well, real intimacy is so much more than just that!
It is about feeling a deep emotional and spiritual connection with your partner. It is about praising each other’s quirks, flaws, and imperfections.
True intimacy consists of ultimate trust, devotion, caring, vulnerability, acceptance, and different ways to say I love you. And it is not something that can be achieved in a day or two.
It is an everlasting process of two individuals striving to become the best versions of themselves and making the best of their relationship.
A powerful emotional connection can also make you feel telepathically linked with another human being.
Applying these inspirational quotes in your relationship will allow you to both experience telepathy in love and enjoy a powerful bond with your partner!
Deep Intimacy Quotes
1. “They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise
2. “The whole point of intimacy is to serve each other in growth and love, hopefully in better ways than we can serve ourselves. Otherwise, why engage in intimacy if your growth and love are served more by living alone? Intimacy is about growing more than you could by yourself, through the art of mutual gifting.” – David Deida, The Way of the Superior Man
3. “I wonder if this is how people always get close: They heal each other’s wounds; they repair the broken skin.” – Lauren Oliver, Pandemonium
4. “Real intimacy is a sacred experience. It never exposes its secret trust and belonging to the voyeuristic eye of a neon culture. Real intimacy is of the soul, and the soul is reserved.” – John O’Donohue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom
5. “Passion is the quickest to develop, and the quickest to fade. Intimacy develops more slowly, and commitment more gradually still.” – Robert Sternberg, Marriages, Families, and Relationships: Making Choices in a Diverse Society
6. “The more spiritually connected we become, the more we may intuitively sense that finding our soul mate or twin flame is not only important, but it is actually part of our life purpose. We may understand that on a deep level, our soul seeks expansion, and the best way to do that is within the loving container of a relationship.” – Aletheia Luna, Twin Flames and Soul Mates: How to Find, Create, and Sustain Awakened Relationships
7. “For a dinner date, I eat light all day to save room, then I go all in: I choose this meal and this order, and I choose you, the person across from me, to share it with. There’s a beautiful intimacy in a meal like that.” – Anthony Bourdain
8. “Perhaps there was an intimacy which did not need words.” – Iris Murdoch, The Message to the Planet
9. “If fear is the great enemy of intimacy, love is its true friend.” – Henri Nouwen, Lifesigns
10. “It’s funny; in this era of e-mail and voice mail and all those things that even I did not grow up with, a plain old paper letter takes on amazing intimacy.” – Elizabeth Kostova, The Swan Thieves
Inspirational Quotes On Intimacy
11. “True intimacy is a human constant. People of all types find it equally hard to achieve, equally precious to hold. Age, education, social status, make little difference here; even genius does not presuppose the talent to reveal one’s self completely and completely absorb one’s self in another personality. Intimacy is to love what concentration is to work: a simultaneous drawing together to attention and release of energy.” – Robert Grudin, Time and the Art of Living
12. “…you can’t be intimate unless you’re sensitive…” – John Geddes, A Familiar Rain
13. “It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.” – John Joseph Powell, The Secret of Staying in Love
14. “The intimacy that arises in listening and speaking truth is only possible if we can open to the vulnerability of our own hearts. Breathing in, contacting the life that is right here, is our first step. Once we have held ourselves with kindness, we can touch others in a vital and healing way.” – Tara Brach, True Refuge: Finding Peace and Freedom in Your Own Awakened Heart
15. “It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy. It is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others.” – Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
16. “To have someone understand your mind is a different kind of intimacy altogether.” – Faraaz Kazi, More Than Just Friends
17. “Happiness requires love, being in a relationship, compassion, intimacy as well as freedom. Every relationship binds you with others, thereby reducing your freedom to some extent. There is no possibility of absolute freedom for man. However, it is possible to increase our freedom to maximise our happiness.” – Awdhesh Singh, 31 Ways to Happiness
18. “There’s nothing more intimate in life than simply being understood. And understanding someone else.” – Brad Meltzer, The Inner Circle
19. “Intimacy requires courage because risk is inescapable.” – Rollo May, The Courage to Create
See also: 121 Cute Crush Quotes That Will Multiply The Butterflies In Your Stomach
Emotional Intimacy Quotes
20. “Physical intimacy isn’t and can never be an effective substitute for emotional intimacy.” – John Green
21. “Commit to a partner who sparks you physically, but also makes you lust for them mentally.” – Chris Marvel, Love Laws: Rules of Love & Relationships in the 21st Century
22. “There is no greater intimacy than sitting with someone traversing that tenuous boundary between worlds, sitting vigil with a spirit trembling on the border, reaching toward the new and releasing the old.” – Shannon Huffman Polson, North of Hope: A Daughter’s Arctic Journey
23. “Can the purpose of a relationship be to trigger our wounds? In a way, yes, because that is how healing happens – darkness must be exposed before it can be transformed. The purpose of an intimate relationship is not that it be a place where we can hide from our weaknesses, but rather where we can safely let them go. It takes strength of character to truly delve into the mystery of an intimate relationship because it takes strength to endure a kind of psychic surgery, an emotional and psychological and even spiritual initiation into the higher self. Only then can we know an enchantment that lasts” – Marianne Williamson, Enchanted Love: The Mystical Power Of Intimate Relationships
24. “Emotional intimacy is most meaningful and profoundly felt when we share our true selves with our partner and when we create a loving space for our partner to do the same.” – Elaina Marie, Happiness is Overrated – Live the Inspired Life Instead
25. “Each bump or challenge in our intimate connections offers us a perfect opportunity to deepen our level of intimacy, while allowing us to grow and evolve both individually and together.” – Tracie Sage, The Missing Manual to Love, Marriage and Intimacy: A Proactive Path to Happily Ever After
26. “It wasn’t a thing I had consciously missed, but having it now reminded me of the joy of it; that drowsy intimacy in which a man’s body is accessible to you as your own, the strange shapes and textures of it like a sudden extension of your own limbs.” – Diana Gabaldon, Voyager
27. “See, don’t just look. Your partner is so much more than their appearance. It’s how kind their heart is, how lovely they smile, how much they care and have compassion, how generous and giving they are which becomes much more attractive.” – Suzan Battah, Five Senses of Romance A Self Help Guide for Gentlemen and Ladies, Both Single and Taken
28. “Every intimacy carries secreted somewhere below its initial lovely surfaces, the ever-coiled makings of complete catastrophe.” – Elizabeth Gilbert, Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
See also: Life Quotes: 150+ Amazing Sayings To Inspire And Motivate You
Intimacy Love Quotes
29. “In the end, the feminine search for love and the masculine search for freedom reach the same destination: the unbounded and infinite ground of being who you are, which is both absolute love and freedom.” – David Deida, The Way of the Superior Man
30. “If you love a person and live the whole life with him or with her, a great intimacy will grow and love will have deeper and deeper revelations to make to you. It is not possible if you go on changing partners very often. It is as if you go on changing a tree from one place to another, then another; then it never grows roots anywhere. To grow roots, a tree needs to remain in one place. Then it goes deeper; then it becomes stronger. Intimacy is good, and to remain in one commitment is beautiful, but the basic necessity is love. If a tree is rooted in a place where there are only rocks and they are killing the tree, then it is better to remove it. Then don’t insist that it should remain in that one place. Remain true to life – remove the tree, because now it is going against life.” – Osho, Yoga: The Supreme Science
31. “True love is not a hide and seek game: in true love, both lovers seek each other.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
32. “Anyone who is in love is making love the whole time, even when they’re not. When two bodies meet, it is just the cup overflowing. They can stay together for hours, even days. They begin the dance one day and finish it the next, or – such is the pleasure they experience – they may never finish it. No eleven minutes for them.” – Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes
33. “The trick…is to find the balance between the bright colors of humor and the serious issues of identity, self-loathing, and the possibility for intimacy and love when it seems no longer possible or, sadder yet, no longer necessary.” – Wendy Wasserstein
34. “Most people are slow to champion love because they fear the transformation it brings into their lives. And make no mistake about it: love does take over and transform the schemes and operations of our egos in a very mighty way.” – Aberjhani, Journey through the Power of the Rainbow: Quotations from a Life Made Out of Poetry
Intimacy Quotes For Him
35. “That night we push our cots just a little closer together, and look into each other’s eyes in the moments before we fall asleep. When he finally drifts off, our fingers are twisted together in the space between the beds. I smile a little, and let myself go.” – Veronica Roth, Allegiant
36. “His yellow eyes gazed at me possessively – I wondered if he realized that the way he looked at me was far more intimate than copping a feel could ever be.” – Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver
37. “His hand lay across my stomach as he slept soundly. I entwined my fingers with his and breathed through the warmth that seeped through my chest. Such a simple, sweet thing to do, yet holding hands in bed was incredibly intimate.” – N. R. Walker, Spencer Cohen, Book Three
38. “I loved being near you. Even though I felt that bubble you had around you, even though I never quite knew what you were thinking, damn, did I love being near you. Somehow, I knew you would rip me apart and drown me. Somehow, I knew we wouldn’t last. It didn’t matter. You were my sun. I loved feeling you upon me, around me, between me. Even though you could only love me from a distance, I didn’t care. I never felt more warmth inside of me than when you were against me.” – Jacqueline Simon Gunn
39. “I loved the way I could feel him deep in my soul.” – Jacqueline Simon Gunn, Chasing Kat
40. “A kiss is more than a kiss.
If you have my lips, you have my thoughts,
My presence, questions, lessons I was taught.
That in my closed-eyed kisses with you,
Contained all my art, my lonely, my childhood too.
A kiss, I fear, is more than a kiss.” – Karl Kristian Flores, Can I Tell You Something?
See also: Inspiring Long-Distance Relationship Quotes To Melt Your Heart
Intimacy Quotes For Her
41. “I wanted to keep him there to hold me up, to rely on, to remind me that there were places we found in other people that were safer than any walls could keep us.” – Jacqueline Simon Gunn, Love’s Remains
42. “Her definition of romance was absentminded intimacy, the way someone else’s hand stray to your plate of food. I replied: no, that’s just friendship; romance is always knowing exactly where that someone else’s hands are. She smiled and said, there was a time I thought that way, too. But at the heart of the romance is the knowledge that those hands may wander off elsewhere, but somehow through luck or destiny or plain blind groping they’ll find a way back to you, and maybe you’ll be smart enough then to be grateful for everything that’s still possible, in spite of your own weaknesses – and his.” – Kamila Shamsie, Kartography
43. “My skin will never work like that again, so aware of the other person that I’m unsure where she ends and I begin. Never again. Never again will my skin be a thing that can so perfectly communicate; in losing my skin to the fire, I also lost the opportunity to make it disappear with another person.” – Andrew Davidson, The Gargoyle
44. “Her gaze unsettles him like it used to, like looking into a mirror, seeing something that has no secrets from you.” – Sally Rooney, Normal People
45. “He wanted to take her in his arms, he wanted to be utterly revealed to her, he wanted her to understand.” – Iris Murdoch, The Nice and the Good
Lack Of Intimacy Quotes
46. “There is nothing lonelier than sitting in the same room with someone and having absolutely nothing to talk about. The lack of affection can be tolerated but to feel invisible is well painful.” – Unknown
47. “Relationships are harder now because conversations become texting, arguments become phone calls, and feelings become statuses and tweets.” – Unknown
48. “Without trust, our relationships lack an essential ingredient for emotional intimacy. We need to be able to totally trust our partner with our deepest thoughts, dreams, fears, and secrets.” – Cathy Burnham Martin, The Bimbo Has Brains: And Other Freaky Facts
49. “I’ve often thought that my lack of intimacy with those around me is the fault of those around me.” – Luke Ford
50. “It’s not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Soul Intimacy Quotes
51. “Just because lips have met doesn’t mean hearts have joined. And just because two bodies are drawn to each other doesn’t mean two people are right for each other. A physical relationship does not equal love.” – Joshua Harris, I Kissed Dating Goodbye Study Guide
52. “Intimacy is never separated from external elements, without which it could not be signified. Where we think we have caught hold of the Grail, we have only grasped a thing, and what is left in our hands is only a cooking pot.” – Georges Bataille, The Accursed Share: An Essay on General Economy, Volume I: Consumption
53. “Intimacy requires accommodation and gentleness at its core, and does with phrases like ‘If it bothers you I won’t do it,’ and ‘Now I understand.’ And ‘Thank you for telling me that. I hadn’t seen it in that light.’ And ‘I appreciate you taking the time to get through my defences. I am sorry I put up such a fight.’ You’d be surprised how much power there is in respect, and how much respect comes back, and how much intimacy there is when you empower someone instead of overpower them, and how much more love.” – Merle Shain, Courage My Love
54. “Real intimacy was a delicate cloth of shared experiences stitched together by tiny accretions of time, mutual trust and support. It wasn’t something that could be folded, put away and shaken out when the need presented itself.” – Hannah Rothschild, House of Trelawney
55. “Soul mates are people in our lives whom we connect to on a deep level. As the name implies, soul mates are primarily friends of the soul. If you have found your soul mate they will likely be the best, and truest friend, you will ever have. You’ll be able to share everything with your soul mate, from your wildest dreams to your most shameful secrets. Nothing is off limits.” – Mateo Sol, Twin Flames and Soul Mates: How to Find, Create, and Sustain Awakened Relationships
Real intimacy is about two souls becoming one!
I hope you fell in love with these inspiring intimacy quotes and that they will help you improve your relationship.
Remember that true intimacy is about constant effort and willingness to understand each other, share your fears, and connect your two souls into one.
It is about not forgetting to say Good night, my love, hugging your loved one, and always being there for them.
Real intimacy is a promise that you’ll never give up on each other no matter what.
The Ultimate List Of Timeless Falling In Love Quotes For Him And Her