“The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don’t wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.”―Jellal Fernandes
This heartfelt quote from Fernandes, antagonist turned protagonist from a famous manga/anime series Fairy Tale, raises a lot of questions about the behavior of sad and lonely people.
Heartbreak changes a person.
People have a tendency to heal, but do we have the ability? Is complete recovery truly possible?
It is often said that time helps the process of healing and makes recovery possible. Does it though?
There are things we do when we feel like there’s a huge burden hanging over our emotions that make us unable to continue living our lives.
Every person will do something different to shake this exhausting feeling off and improve their lives.
Still, being acquainted with loss, pain, abuse, or feeling left out and spiritually broken seems to leave the strong ones wiser and kinder.
Why is that?
Jellal Fernandes says that such a thing happens because those who’ve been hurt try to avoid hurting others. This can, in fact, be very true.
People who go through heartbreak themselves know exactly how terrifying and desperate it feels to be at rock bottom and would do a lot to stop others from going down that same road.
So, does being hurt make you a nice person? It definitely can. A broken heart can get softer and kinder.
Are the loneliest people always the kindest though?
Sometimes though, this story can go completely differently. A person who suffered a heartbreak can become closed off, hiding behind walls made to protect them from getting hurt ever again.
Those people will purposely drive their loved ones away because they simply can’t risk experiencing any more pain.
Unconsciously, instead of leading themselves to recovery by offering others more kindness and acceptance, they hurt the people who love them.
They hide in their loneliness and can’t seem to continue living a fulfilling life anymore. Heartbreak, sadness, and loneliness make them lose their trust and their belief that true love exists.
We’ve put together a collection of some really well-put quotes that explore themes of love, loneliness, and kindness.
We hope they help those who feel like there’s no way to enjoy their life any more realize that they’re one step away from bliss.
That step is understanding and accepting their sadness and transforming it into beauty.
Positive Quotes About The Power And Beauty Of Being On Your Own:
Incredible beauty and inspiration can be found in being on your own if you just dare to explore it to its deepest depths. These quotes talk about how lovely solitude can be.
1. “Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self.”―May Sarton, Journal of a Solitude
2. “Fall in love with your solitude.”―Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey
3. “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”―Arthur Schopenhauer, Essays and Aphorisms
4. “I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.”―Henry David Thoreau, Walden.
5. “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.“―Orson Welles
6. “If you want to be happy, learn to be alone without being lonely. Learn that being alone does not mean being unhappy. The world is full of plenty of interesting and enjoyable things to do and people who can enrich your life.“―Michael Josephson
Motivational Quotes To Make You Appreciate The Benefits Of Solitude:
The people who said these words obviously understand what it means to be alone and found a way to benefit from the whole experience by improving themselves and their lives.
1. “Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.”―Robert Tew
2. “Your solitude will be a support and a home for you, even in the midst of very unfamiliar circumstances, and from it you will find all your paths.”―Rainer Maria Rilke
3. “But many of us seek community solely to escape the fear of being alone. Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape.”―bell hooks
4. “In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.”―Rollo May, Man’s Search for Himself
5. “The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.”―Aldous Huxley
6. “My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.”―Warsan Shire
7. “Nobody is ever going to be able to fill your you shaped hole for you…The gaping hole we all have inside that deeply craves validation, love and comfort.”―Chidere Eggerue
Inspirational Quotes: Quotes Of The Day About Acceptance Of Loneliness
These are inspirational quotes about accepting loneliness as something that can change the way you see the world and relationships.
Being lonely can mean living an incredibly inspired, artistic and creative life.
1. “All great and precious things are lonely.”―John Steinbeck
2. “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.”―Henry Rollins
3. “Loneliness is not a lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.”―Guillermo Maldonado
4. “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.”―Bobcat Goldthwait
5. “A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.”—Mandy Hale
6. “People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world.”―Kim Culbertson
7. “It is better to be lonely than allow people who are not going anywhere keep you from your destiny.”―Joel Osteen
8. “It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts.”―K.T. Jong
9. “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”―Hafiz
Life Quotes For Loners: Being Alone Can Be Incredible:
The saddest people truly can shine brightest, if they learn how much beauty can be found in their life.
1. “Being alone & actually sitting with our own thoughts can lead to such growth and realizations that are rare in our everyday busy lives.”―Kourtney Kardashian
2. “What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.”―Ellen Burstyn
3. “As I get older I’m more and more comfortable being alone.”―Sienna Miller
4. “The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.”―Justin Timberlake
5. “If you smile when you are alone then you really mean it.”―Andy Rooney
6. “Sometimes I think that my own company is more suitable for me than if I were around others. Because of the person that I am.”―Kyle Labe
7. “Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness.”―Mandy Hale
Funny Quotes To Help You Stop Feeling Sad:
Sometimes, cracking a laugh about something completely random can help you break the cycle of sadness. Let’s give it a try with these funny quotes.
1. “I hate it when people ask me what I did yesterday. I don’t know. I breathed a lot. Probably got mad at something … Sighed heavily. The list goes on.”—Anonymous
2. “Well, apparently rock bottom has a basement.”—Anonymous
3. “I wanna be 14 again and ruin my life differently. I have new ideas.”—Anonymous
4. “Honestly, I don’t even play an active role in my life anymore … Things just happen & I’m like ‘Oh, is this what we’re doing now? OK.'”—Anonymous
5. “Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”—Albert Camus
Kindness & Love Quotes: They Aren’t Overrated, They Are Underused
1. “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.”―Andrew Iskander
2. “My life’s message is my kindness and love.”―Debasish Mridha
3. “Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they are nice, but because you are.”―Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
4. “Life becomes easier and more beautiful when we can see the good in other people.”―Roy T. Bennett
5. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.”―Barbara De Angelis
6. “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?”―Jean-Jacques Rousseau
7. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”―Plato
8. “Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.”―Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
We hope that our story and quotes gave you a new understanding of loneliness and kindness.
Always remember that the strongest people are those who manage to use the lemons life gives them to make lemonade.
Being powerful enough to use your misfortunes to create something beautiful is a blessing.