Water. Without it, there would be no life on earth.
And along that vein, here is a list of beautiful water quotes and sayings that will make us a little bit wiser and inspire us to appreciate this liquid substance a little bit more!
Water is a driving force and has the power of carving its own way through anything.
That is why it should be our biggest role model when it comes to life challenges.
Every day, we use water as our fuel and it is our companion in all kinds of tasks, from watering our plants to washing away the dirt.
We rarely say thank you, even though water never stops giving.
And that is what makes it so powerful and humble at the same time!
As a sign of appreciation for its selflessness, today we will indulge in the ultimate list of beautiful water quotes, sayings depicting different sources of water and uses of water, river quotes, quotes and slogans on water conservation, water reflection quotes, and many others that will teach us empowering life lessons and inspire us to become the best version of ourselves!
WATER QUOTES & SAYINGS – 135 INSPIRING WORDS OF WISDOM
Interesting Quotes About Water And Life
1. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.” – Kahlil Gibran
2. “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim, you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do, you will sink and drown, instead, you relax, and float.” – Alan Watts
3. “Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.” – Lao Tzu
4. “A drop of water, if it could write out its own history, would explain the universe to us.” – Lucy Larcom
5. “Where the waters do agree, it is quite wonderful the relief they give.” – Jane Austen
6. “The fall of dropping water wears away the stone.” – Lucretius
7. “A lake carries you into recesses of feeling otherwise impenetrable.” – William Wordsworth
8. “Water is sufficient… the spirit moves over water.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
9. “This life is like a swimming pool. You dive into the water, but you can’t see how deep it is.” – Dennis Rodman
10. “When life places stones in your path, be the water. A persistent drop of water will wear away even the hardest stone.” – Autumn Morning Star
11. “Do not feel sad for your tears as rocks never regret the waterfalls” – Munia Khan
12. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
13. “Water is fluid, soft and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is soft is strong.” – Lau Tzu
14. “A drop of water, if it could write out its own history, would explain the universe to us.” – Lucy Larcom
15. “Ocean, n. A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man – who has no gills.” – Ambrose Bierce
16. “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” – Nicholas Sparks
Quotes On Water Conservation
17. “No water. No life. No blue. No green.” – Sylvia Earle
18. “Whenever they are given the choice, some people choose a bath over a shower; they, too, would like to do their bit to waste water.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
19. “Clean water is inestimably precious to waste!” – Mohith Agadi
20. “Thousands have lived without love, not one without water.” – W. H. Auden
21. “Pure water is the world’s first and foremost medicine.” – Slovakian Proverb
22. “Water is life and clean water means health.” – Audrey Hepburn
23. “Water is the driving force of all nature.” – Leonardo da Vinci
24. “There is no small pleasure in pure water.” – Ovid
25. “When the well is dry, we’ll know the worth of water.” – Benjamin Franklin
26. “Water is the driver of nature.” – Leonardo da Vinci
27. “Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children’s lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land.” – Luna Leopold
28. “Anyone who can solve the problems of water will be worthy of two Nobel prizes – one for peace and one for science.” – John F. Kennedy
Water Reflection Quotes
29. “Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” – Bruce Lee
30. “As social beings we live with our eyes upon our reflection but have no assurance of the tranquility of the waters in which we see it.” – Charles Horton Cooley
31.“Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed.” – Indra Devi
32. “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” – Bruce Lee
33. “The human heart is like the reflection on the water’s surface. The mouth says things opposite to what the heart really feels.” – Masashi Kishimoto
34. “In order to reflect, think and plan, you must quiet yourself. You can’t see your reflection in churning waters. Water must be still to see your reflection.” – Karen Hantze Susman
35. “Realization doesn’t destroy the individual any more than the reflection of the moon breaks a drop of water. A drop of water can reflect the whole sky.” – Dogen
36. “The water is always deeper than what it reflects.” – Marty Rubin
37. “Always be like water. Float in the times of pain or dance like waves along the wind which touches its surface.” – Santosh Kalwar
38. “I am like the water that runs over me, immune to permanence, recycling endlessly. I am water; I am life. The form may change, but the substance stays the same. Strike me down and I will rise again. Vincit qui patitur.” – Rick Yancey
39. “Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth. This shows clearly the principle of softness overcoming hardness.” – Lao Tzu
40. “So let the mind flow like water. Face life with a calm and quiet mind and everything in life will be calm and quiet.” – Thich Thien-An
41. “Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive but adjust to the object and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.” – Bruce Lee
42. “You can’t see your reflection in boiling water. Similarly, you can’t see the truths in your life a state of anger.” – Unknown
43. “One cannot reflect in streaming water. Only those who know internal peace can give it to others.” – Lao Tzu
44. “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.” – Norman Maclean
45. “A river doesn’t just carry water, it carries life.” – Amit Kalantri
46. “If the earth is a mother then rivers are her veins.” – Amit Kalantri
47. “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” – Mikhail Lermontov
48. “In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time.” – Leonardo da Vinci
49. “You swam in a river of chance and coincidence. You clung to the happiest accidents—the rest you let float by.” – David Wroblewski
50. “River is time in water; as it came, still so it flows, yet never is the same.” – Barten Holyday
51. “A river cuts through rock not because of its power but because of its persistence.” – Jim Watkins
52. “Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle.” – Crystal Middlemas
53. “I would love to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding.” – John O’Donohue
54. “A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.” – Maya Angelou
55. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” – A. A. Milne
56. “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” – Heraclitus
Drinking Water Quotes
57. “Drinking water is like washing out your insides. The water will cleanse the system, fill you up, decrease your caloric load and improve the function of all your tissues.” – Kevin R. Stone
58. “I want my children and my grandchildren to live in a world with clean air, pure drinking water, and an abundance of wildlife, so I’ve chosen to dedicate my life to wildlife conservation so I can make the world just a little bit better.” – Bindi Irwin
59. “After a natural disaster, safe drinking water is a priority. Humans can live longer without food than water, so communication about clean water is essential to help avoid the risk of cholera, dysentery, malnutrition, famine, and death.” – Tae Yoo
60. “I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man.” – Henry David Thoreau
61. “By polluting clear water with slime you will never find good drinking water.” – Aeschylus
62. “When someone is bothered by someone claiming lack of drinking water, lack of medicine for the sick, and lack of food for the hungry, that person has problems too deep to be explained in an interview.” – Carmen Yulin Cruz
63. “There are billions of people in the world who deserve the better quality of life that products such as soap, shampoo, and clean drinking water can provide.” – Paul Polman
64. “I have generally and will always fight for clean air and safe drinking water laws.” – Sherrod Brown
65. “If you have forest, if you have green forest, the water table goes up. What happens with deforestation is the water level goes down and we all know how much importance drinking water has.” – MS Dhoni
Slogans On Water
66. Pure water runs life!
67. Without water, everything withers.
68. Water is our friend.
69. Without water, survival is impossible.
70. Water – beauty of nature.
71. Life starts with water.
72. The best gift you can give to coming generation is water.
73. The choice is yours – Save it or waste it.
74. The water we have today is all that we could ever have!
75. There are number of ways to save water. And, they all start with you.
76. There is a thin line between using water and wasting water.
77. Think outside the sink!
78. Go green and drink clean.
79. Water is life, treat it right!
80. Water is not the source of life, it is life.
81. WATER – the DNA of life.
82. There is a thin line between using water and wasting water.
83. Keep calm & love water.
84. Life is impossible without water.
85. Go to a desert to know the importance of water.
86. Water: The original NO calorie drink.
Slogans On Water Conservation
87. Save water, it will save you later!
88. Don’t flush our planet’s most valuable resource.
89. Don’t let the water run when you brush your teeth.
90. A drop of water is worth more than a sack of gold to a thirsty man.
91. If you don’t want mental hydration then think about water conservation.
92. Water is precious. Conserve when you do dishes.
93. Don’t let the water run in the sink, our life’s on the brink.
94. Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children’s lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land.
95. No matter how rich you are, you can’t live without water.
96. Four million people die each year due to water-borne disease.
97. Life depends on water, the reservoir depends on you.
98. Don’t let your children blame you one day for leaving them without clean water.
99. Don’t be a fool, cover your pool.
100. Don’t drop out to save the drop.
101. Save water, the world is in your hands!
102. Don’t let life slip down the drain.
103. Don’t let the water run in the sink, our life’s on the brink!
104. Don’t let water scarcity be a reality!
105. You are 60% water. Save 60% of YOURSELF.
106. Don’t spend water at a rate more than it could be replenished.
107. Don’t waste water – conserve it for future generations.
108. Don’t waste it, just taste it!
109. Either rich or poor; everyone needs water.
110. Every drop counts!
Slogans On Save Water
111. Save water, save life.
112. You never know the worth of water until the well runs dry.
113. Save water, and it will save you.
114. Start water conservation to prevent future dehydration.
115. How many drops make up an ocean? Conserve water; every drop counts.
116. Water = Life, Conservation = Future!
117. It takes a lot of blue to stay green.
118. If we don’t learn to conserve, we’ll all be fish out of water.
119. Water, water everywhere but not a drop to drink.
120. A small trick: Displace water in your flush tank with a brick!
121. A thirsty man will pay in gold for water.
122. Ask the worth of water to a thirsty man.
123. Avoid baths and take shower; save water for the flower.
124. Be a smart user. Use wisely! Conserve Water!
125. Be green like a pro, by conserving H20.
126. Water gives blood its ability to flow.
127. Don’t be mean, keep it clean.
128. Keep calm & take care of open water.
129. Behave responsibly or die thirsty! It’s your choice!
130. By polluting our own rivers and lakes; we put future generations at stake.
131. By wasting water you are digging your own grave!
132. Check the faucets before going to sleep; make your future safe and cheap.
133. Collect rainwater to save ground water.
134. Conserve water and protect its sources.
135. Conserve water to ensure its availability for future.