How to tell someone how much they mean to you in words? Telling someone how much they mean to you is not an easy task but worry not! From random acts of affection to powerful quotes, below you’ll find the best ways to express your appreciation for your special someone!
Some of us don’t have any problem with saying the actual words, “I love you” or, “You mean the world to me,” for instance.
Others have a harder time expressing their feelings regardless of whether it is with words or actions which is completely understandable.
They might feel a lot, they just don’t know how to express it. So oftentimes they get judged as cold-hearted or emotionless.
It’s especially hard when you are in a romantic relationship and your partner keeps telling you all these sweet little things that make your heart melt but you are unable to reciprocate.
If you have a hard time saying the actual words out loud, you can show it in lots of different ways.
Find the best possible words to deepen your bond with THIS AMAZING GUIDE.
You can do wonders with all kinds of sentences that will show them how much you care but won’t make you feel uncomfortable.
You can also express it with small gestures which will reveal more about your feelings than empty words that some people use ever will.
Also, if you are unsure of what your partner feels, pay attention to what they do. It will tell you more than enough.
It’s not for nothing that people say, “Actions speak louder than words.” With all that being said, below you’ll find the best ways on how to tell someone how much they mean to you in words, so stay tuned!
How To Tell Someone How Much They Mean To You In Words
“Text me when you get home.”
It’s a great way to show genuine concern as it expresses a wish for somebody to arrive home safely. When you get an, “I am home. Sweet dreams,” only then will you be able to sleep properly.
I’m sure this one resonates with every parent out there (including mine). After all, it’s a universal way of expressing affection and deep care for your loved ones be it your best friend, family member, or partner.
“I understand how you feel.”
It shows that you’ve been listening closely and that this is something you can relate to. I understand how you feel is another way to say I love you.
However, you shouldn’t say this when you actually don’t understand how your special person feels because it’s not genuine. Sometimes the best thing you can do is listen and offer support.
“You always make me smile.”
You can say it or you can just smile without holding back. If a person makes you happy, a smile will inevitably be on your face all the time.
When you say the words it gives it that something extra that shows your affection and gratitude for their effort in making you laugh. It’s also another way of complimenting their sense of humor.
“I feel like I’ve known you forever.”
It expresses the closeness you feel to someone you don’t quite know yet.
When you feel like you’ve known someone forever, it means you are comfortable around them and you find it easy to open up to them.
By saying this, they will know how much their presence means to you and that they are the first person you would call if something happens.
“I can be me when I am with you.”
It’s priceless to feel so relaxed and comfortable around someone you care about.
When you feel accepted by someone with all your flaws and your blessings and strong points, you know you are loved in the right way.
“You inspire me each and every day.”
Telling your special someone that they are your Muse is one of the nicest things you could say to them. Knowing that they are your biggest inspiration will make them truly happy.
How Do You Tell Someone How Much You Appreciate Them?
If you want to tell someone how much you appreciate them, focus on accentuating the value they add to your life and expressing gratefulness for that.
Speaking face-to-face and from the heart is one of the most powerful ways of expressing your appreciation for another human being.
- “I value everything you’ve taught me.”
- “You are special to me.”
- “I accept you as you are.”
- “I lose all concept of time when I am with you.”
- “You are one of the most amazing gifts I have ever received.”
- “I feel amazing when I spend time with you.”
- “The world is less scary when I am with you.”
- “I will never forget how you…”
- “Your wisdom has saved me.”
- “I want to keep you in my past, present, and future.”
- “I’m thankful to have you in my life.”
- “I trust you.”
- “I feel connected to you even when I cannot see you.”
- “Your smile makes me smile.”
- “I feel refreshed and renewed around you.”
- “I love how you … whenever I need to …”
How Do You Tell Someone How Much You Love Them?
There are many different ways to say “I love you” and every single one of them is the right way if it comes from the heart. Here are some heartwarming examples in which you can express your love for your loved one.
- “Sometimes I look at you and wonder how I got so lucky.”
- “I miss you when you’re not here. You make my day complete.”
- “I love you to the moon and back again.”
- “Your voice is my favorite sound.”
- “You complete me.”
- “You make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.”
- “You take my breath away.”
- “I just called to hear your voice.”
- “You are my soulmate.”
- “You are a beautiful person inside and out.”
- “I cannot imagine my life without you being a part of it.”
- “You’re my dream come true.”
- “You’re my partner in crime.”
- “You look great today and every day.”
- “I’ve always got your back.”
- “Since you’ve been around I smile a lot more than I used to.”
- “I had a bad day, but as soon as I saw you, I cheered right up.”
- “You always know the right thing to say to make me smile.”
- “Every day I’m with you, my love for you gets stronger. I can’t wait until tomorrow.”
How To Tell Someone How Much They Mean To You In Words Quotes
Wondering how to tell someone how much they mean to you? One of the best ways to do so is with the help of powerful love quotes!
1. “You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “You don’t just mean the world to me, you are my world.” – Dedrick D. L. Pitter
3. “There are times when we’re together, we’ll be out at a restaurant or maybe just at home, sitting on the couch or going about our days, and I’ll look over at you and I’m struck by how much I love you. It’s just like the first time. I see you and it hits me. Only now, unlike the first time, I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have you.” – Unknown
4. “I just wanted to let you know that I feel very lucky to have you in my life.” – Ann Lynn
5. “You are special. You’re the most special person in the world to me.” – R.K. Lilley
6. “I can’t imagine how life would be without you. You make the world complete. You mean the world to me. I can’t live without you.” – Babee Star
7. “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.” – Unknown
8. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
9. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
10. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
11. “The water shines only by the sun. And it is you who are my sun.” – Charles de Leusse
12. “You are the last thought in my mind before I drift off to sleep and the first thought when I wake up each morning.” – Unknown13. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
14. “Do you know I never ever feel bored, never ever feel lonely, because you are always in my thoughts, morning, afternoon and night.” – Mitch Cuento
15. “You will never know how much I care. You are my best friend, my soulmate and my everything. You mean the world to me and I never want that to end. Me without you is like Adam without Eve. It is just unnatural. You might just be my best friend and I might not be anything to you. But I do love you with all my heart.” – Sharon O’Carlin
16. “When I think of you, I think of kindness, wisdom and love. Thanks for being you.” – Sam Crow
17. “Thoughts of you warm my heart like the sun’s rays on a cold winter morning.” – Unknown
18. “My dear love, I’m so grateful you’re in my life. Thank you for being my best friend, and for being a caring and trustworthy partner!” – Unknown
19. “I never feel so scared than waking up one day and find you no more beside me. I feel no sadness like opening my eyes and realizing you are far away from my reach. Now and for the rest of my life; your love will remain in my heart. You mean the world to me.” – Unknown
20. “Thank you for being the reason I smile.” – Unknown
21. “You have influenced my life in such a positive way words cannot express my appreciation, you are truly an inspiration.” – Catherine Pulsifer
22. “If the world had more people like you it would be a better place. You do make a difference.” – Catherine Pulsifer
23. “If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then would you realize how special you are to me.” – Frida Kahlo
24. “I’d like to say I’m grateful for the bond that we have found, the happiness that comes from simply having you around. Knowing you makes my life the best that it could be, and all I want to say is that you mean the world to me.” – Unknown
25. “I promise to be there for you when you need me, I promise to hug you tight when you’re lonely, I promise to keep you, not for the rest of my life but for the rest of yours because you are my everything.” – Unknown
How Do You Show Someone They Mean The World To You?
You show someone they mean the world to you by being an active participant in their life. You do it by showing interest in their hobbies, their passions, and work.
You do it by cherishing them for who they are and showing understanding and appreciation even when their opinions don’t match yours.
You could simply say to them “You mean the world to me” but this won’t mean much if you don’t prove it with your actions. Here are a few ideas:
Checking if you are all tucked in before you both fall asleep
If this doesn’t scream, “I care for you so much,” I don’t know what does. It’s one of the most sentimental gestures. It’s one of those cute things that never get old!
The last time my partner checked if I’m all tucked in, I didn’t know how to deal with this amount of cuteness. My heart melted on the spot.
Sending a cute emoji in the middle of the day
Something as simple as sending an emoji, #kiss or #hug is enough to make anyone’s day. Ask anyone and they’ll tell you that.
It means that even when you are too busy to think, you still want to let someone know they mean a lot to you and that you are thinking of them.
Silence feels good when you are together
You are so comfortable with each other that there are no awkward silences (or silent treatments). Your souls understand each other perfectly and they can speak without using words.
Sometimes just being close to someone is enough. And sometimes a hug says more than words ever will.
Noticing small changes, like when someone gets a new haircut or when they have some new clothes, is just a way of saying you are paying attention.
The deeper level is noticing someone’s changes in behavior, which shows a better understanding between the two of you and that you are able to notice when something is off.
Introducing family and friends
Making room for you in their life really says, “I’m in love with you”, “You are the love of my life” and, “You mean so much,” without using actual words.
They want you to have a place among the people they care about the most. They consider you as an important part of their present and future life.
Including you in their life
Sharing things that are a part of your daily routine is a nice way of strengthening your bond. It means you want to know about somebody’s day and you would like them to know more about yours.
Kissing is the sweetest form of expressing affection. It makes all the sparks go off. There’s nothing better than a tender kiss to show endearment.
Kissing someone on their forehead, cheek, face, lips and everywhere, shows you are shouting out with action that you love everything about them.
Remembering something you said a long time ago
People often underestimate the power of truly listening. It’s amazing to have someone who can remember something cute, important or deep that you shared with them ages ago.
Paying attention is more than enough to say, “You mean the world to me.”
Doing nice things you know they would like is a great thing to do, so make a surprise romantic dinner for just the two of you. Clean the house. Run an errand they would hate to do.
Surprise them with movie or concert tickets for something that you know they are dying to see. It’s all about that small things that show you’ve been paying attention.
You don’t have to spend your time going on and on about how amazing they are but a little compliment now and then can go far.
Tell them something that you love about them, like their cute face when they wake up in the morning or the dimple on their face when they laugh, anything that you find fascinating about them.
Making future plans
When somebody is making plans with you for the future, it means that they can’t imagine life without you there by their side. It’s a strong sign of deep affection and unconditional love.
Being there for better or for worse
If you have someone who will be there through raging storms and sunshine days, you have something invaluable.
You have somebody who knows that romantic love is constant and unchanging no matter what. Doing this means more than any word ever said. That’s what true love is all about.
Here are more ways in which you can show someone special that they mean the world to you:
- Be there for them when they feel worried or scared.
- Show interest in their life and everything they do.
- Accept them with all their flaws and cherish them for who they are.
- Try to put yourself in their shoes.
- Show understanding and be patient.
- Help them reach their full potential.
- Don’t criticize them.
- Show you’re happy for them.
- Help them with their tasks.
- Express gratitude.
If you want to show someone that they mean the world to you, you need to make them feel like they’re the only guy/girl in the world. You need to let them know that you’ll always have their back and they are appreciated and loved.
How To Tell Someone How Much They Mean To You In A Letter
You don’t need to be a professional writer in order to write a heartwarming letter to your special one. All you need is will and a little bit of creativity.
Now, if you’re in doubt why you should even write love letters, here’s one valid reason: Thoughtful words and actions have the power to improve our self-esteem and mental health in general. (Every relationship expert will tell you that).
A love letter is one of the most emotional gestures and it’s a worthy reminder of your unconditional love for them. If you don’t need more convincing, here’s how to write one. (Also, below you’ll find an example of a love letter.)
Think about what they bring to your life
Before you write anything in your love letter, think about what that person brings to your life physically, emotionally, spiritually? How do you feel when you’re spending time with them?
This will help you express your feelings in the most genuine way. Here are some examples:
- “Thank you for helping me turn my dreams into a reality and encouraging me to keep pushing harder and never give up no matter what.”
- “You have helped me become the best version of myself and I am thankful for that.”
Imagine that you read a book that had no details whatsoever. It would be really hard to understand the plot and connect with characters in the book, right?
The same thing applies to letters. When you write emotional love letters (or any letter), you need to focus on details.
Describe your feelings for them in a sentimental way, mention some special moments you had together. Here are some examples:
- “I still remember our first kiss. It was winter and my lips and hands were freezing but once we kissed, it felt like summer. From that moment I knew I would be kissing you for years to come.”
- “Do you remember that one time you couldn’t fall asleep and you asked me if you could borrow me as your teddy bear for the night? That was just TOO cute to bear. (Pun intended).”
Think about all the things you love about them
What are the things you love about them? What makes them so special? What do you love about their mindset, their lifestyle and their overall personality?
Now it’s time to convert all your deepest thoughts into the right words. Here are a few examples of what you might write:
- “I love your ambition and determination. I’m pretty sure that you can achieve anything you put your mind to only if you want to. You’re a true inspiration to me and everyone else.”
- “I love how humble you are about everything. Your humble nature keeps me grounded and I truly appreciate that.”
- “You are simply the most inspiring, funniest and most caring person I have ever known. Thank you for being your true self. The world needs more people like you.”
Include some plans for the future
You can finish your letter with this “future element” or you can mention it wherever it suits you in a letter. Let your special person know that you’re in the relationship for the long haul.
You can mention a road trip or whatever comes to your mind. Whatever it is, I’m sure they’ll be more than excited about it the same way you are.
Now that we’re done with the ‘love letter theory’, here’s one example that might help you write your own.
Love letter example
Dearest (their name),
“Every word you confide in me, every wonderful and terrible moment you share with me, melts me inside. You let yourself be vulnerable with me and trust me beyond my comprehension.
I never imagined I would truly find another who I would want to spend so much time with, who could truly touch my life the way you have, even without trying. I look forward to many more special moments together. When I see you, I see my future.
This is not just random talking. It truly comes from the heart.
I am consumed by the desire to be with you, to talk to you and to feel you near me.
I want to hold you, talk to you, laugh with you, cry with you.
I want to play, walk, dance and just be one with you. I think you could become my everything. I know I want to be everything to you.
When we are together, I see the love in your eyes.
When you envision your future, do you see me in it, waiting with open arms?
I love you truly, madly, deeply, and I anxiously await your response.”
“The simple act of caring is heroic.” – Edward Albert
I hope these sweet tips and examples have helped you master the art of how to tell someone how much they mean to you.
The simple act of caring won’t take much of your time but it will mean the world to another person. So, choose your words carefully and keep in mind that little things are what matter the most!