Okay! It’s time to change things up a bit. The end of the year is right around the corner. It’s time to forget the crap you’ve had in 2020 and make some challenges for yourself for 2021.
If you don’t want to be extreme and go climb a mountain or walk to another state, here are some things you could do instead; they are small but valuable challenges that could turn your 2021 around right from the start.
Are you ready? Here we go!
1. Learn to take criticism. Don’t take it personally. After all, if you gracefully accept what someone thinks you’re doing is wrong, then you’ll be able to become a better version of yourself.
2. Stay strong and stay away from toxic people. Don’t allow anyone to bully you into doing something you don’t want to. Get the toxicity out of your life!
3. When you love someone, tell them. Don’t wait for special occasions to tell someone you love them. Life is short so make the best of it. Don’t wait too long because anything can happen and you’ll regret you haven’t released your feelings out into the open sooner.
4. It’s never too late to make your plans come true. It’s okay to have plans but don’t be too hard on yourself if you don’t make your goals come true just the way you want. Thinking about it will only make you feel worse when you should be focusing on how to solve the problem and move on.
5. Don’t obsess about where you have to be in a few months or a year from now. If you keep on thinking about it, it will create enormous pressure and you won’t be able to put up with it.
6. Get away from people who only suck your energy dry. That’s the people who take and take but never give anything in return.
7. Exercise. Don’t do things that make you miserable, do something that actually makes you feel better and happier. It can be yoga, it can be meditation. It doesn’t have to be anything too hard to handle.
8. Find a hobby. Find something you always wanted to do but you never had time for. Invest in yourself and learn something you find interesting or useful.
9. Go for things you never dreamed of. If there is a job you think you’re not qualified for, try for it anyway. Maybe they will like you, maybe you are qualified but you aren’t aware of it.
10. Stop spending so much time on social media. Especially if you feel like crap doing so. If there are some things you don’t like, just don’t do them. The world is not going to stop if you don’t check your profiles for a while.
11. Own up to your mistakes. Don’t try to find someone else to blame. Don’t try to make excuses for something that is your fault. Stand behind everything you do and clean up the mess you’re responsible for.
12. You are nothing more than just a human. And to make mistakes is a humane thing to do. Don’t beat yourself up.
13. Make a plan. Make your dreams come true and do a step-by-step plan on how to do it.
14. Appreciate yourself. Your body is a sacred thing. Keep it safe and appreciate yourself. Every morning when you get up, look yourself in the mirror and be happy about yourself. Don’t make your flaws define you, make them the most beautiful things about you.
15. Tell your secret to someone. Don’t keep it bottled up because it will eat you alive. Find a friend to confide in, they will give you advice and they will be your shoulder to cry on.
16. Read a book. But read an actual paperback book. Smell the pages, snuggle on your sofa, make yourself comfortable and warm and read.
17. Stand up for yourself. If you don’t agree with someone, let them know and prove your point. But learn to do it without arguing.
18. Don’t stare at your phone. When you’re with friends, put your phone away. You’re not meeting for coffee so you can both stare at your phones. You’re meeting so you can catch up.
19. Learn to say you’re sorry. If you’ve done someone wrong, apologize. Be sincere about how you feel and say you’re sorry. You’ll make the other person happy but you’ll make yourself happy, too. There is nothing more beautiful than forgiveness.
20. Always choose kindness. We’re all in this together, help other people feel accepted.
21. Say thank you often to those who deserve it. People thrive when appreciated, always remember that.