Do you know what speed dating is? Have you ever experienced it? If not, I am sure you’ve seen a few speed dating events in the movies.
Well, speed dating is actually pretty popular in modern culture. You live a busy life and you simply don’t have enough time to go on long dates or to waste your energy on many wrong people while trying to find the right person.
All of this makes speed dating the best choice for you! It is a dating event which gives you the chance to meet new people and to presumably find your potential partner. But there is a catch—you only have a few minutes to talk to each one of these people and to decide whether you like them or not.
Even though speed dating is a great opportunity to meet many new people in one place and in a short period of time, it can often make you feel lost and tongue-tied.
After all, you are trying to present yourself in the best possible way, you are trying to find out as much as possible about the person sitting next to you and you are trying to determine if there is some chemistry between the two of you. And you are doing all of this simultaneously, in a time-limited frame.
Naturally, you wonder what you might do to avoid feeling pressured, nervous or awkward and how to leave an amazing first impression. You are looking for ways to stand out from the crowd but you simply don’t know how to do so.
Well, you’ve come to the right place because you are about to find out the secrets of speed dating. Our dating expert claims that the key to successful speed dating is in preparing the right questions to ask your date.
Yes, these questions should be witty and interesting. But they should also be direct and straightforward because that is the only way to get your date talking and to find out if you’d like to get to know them better.
So, here are the top 40 speed dating questions you must ask someone if you want to get to know them as fast as possible.
Breaking the ice:
1. Is this your first time here?
2. What is the one thing you would like to tell me about yourself?
3. What are you looking for in a partner?
4. How was your day?
5. What did you think of me at first sight?
Getting to know them:
1. What do you do for a living?
2. When is your birthday?
3. Where are you from?
4. How old are you?
5. What do you like to do for fun?
6. What is your idea of a perfect date?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
9. What is your favorite movie?
10. What is your zodiac sign?
11. What do you like to do in your free time?
22 Are you close to your family?
23. Who is your best friend? Tell me more about them!
24. What is your favorite sport?
25. Do you read, what is your favorite book and who is your favorite author and book character?
1. How do you feel about being single?
2. Do you think you are ready to have a committed relationship at this point in your life and do you want a real, committed relationship?
3. Do you believe in love?
4. What is your idea of a perfect boyfriend/girlfriend?
5. What did your previous relationships teach you?
6. What is your idea of a perfect relationship?
7. What are your most important deal-breakers and what are the things you would never accept in a relationship?
8. Do you believe in marriage and do you want to get married?
9. What do you think of having kids and do you wish to start a family someday?
10. Do you allow your heart to guide you or do you try to follow your reason more?
Exploring their mind:
1. What is your dream job?
2. If you could choose to spend the rest of your life anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be?
4. Have you become the person you wanted to become when you were a child?
5. Where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
6. If you had the ability to change one thing in the world, what would it be?
7. What makes you happy and what is your passion?
8. What do you do when you are feeling down?
9. If you could live a day as a TV or movie character, who would you be?
10. Are you a morning or a night person?