Breaking up is always heartbreaking. If things aren’t going the way they’re supposed to and you don’t feel like breaking up face to face is something you could do, or you’re already broken up and want to send them that last message, you’ll either choose texting or social media (private message, for sure).
If you’re looking for a way to end things with a sense of conclusion, you should pick one of the lines from the list of breakup messages that applies to your situation, or even mix a few and combine it in your own little breakup letter.
Choose the most perfect lines to send to your soon-to-be ex boyfriend or girlfriend.
The best breakup text messages:
1. I just had one important priority in our relationship – YOU. The problem was that we both had the same priority.
2. You are not worth my love if you need reasons to find me worthy of yours. Goodbye.
3. Don’t be sad… Just because I am breaking up with you, doesn’t mean I hate you. Much similar to how just because you were in a relationship with me, didn’t mean that you loved me too.
4. Instead of nurturing our relationship with honesty, you smeared it with lies. Instead of using your love to paint a rainbow, you gave a dark hue to my life’s skies.
5. I still love you, I don’t deny it. But you have corroded my trust, bit by bit. Things would have been just fine if you had stopped your lies. All you needed to do was to hear my heart’s cries. We were a perfect couple, so carefree and happy. It’s a pity that the beauty of our love, you just couldn’t see. Goodbye.
6. I am breaking up with you because my heart was busy dancing to the beats of love, while yours spoiled the party by sulking in the corners of fakeness and jealousy.
7. Our breakup may be bitter but it won’t leave lasting scars. Our relationship has been an awesome ride all along. It is just unfortunate that after every party, a hangover is inevitable.
8. Walking away from our relationship is not something I wanted to do. This day would never have come if you loved me the way I have always loved you.
9. Relationships are like awesome road trips. Sit back and enjoy the beautiful views instead of complaining about the bumps and the potholes.
10. You could have been honest instead of pretending that you loved me. By walking away, I am setting your heart free. It will push a dagger right through my heart, but the pain will be worth it because you never loved me from the very start.
11. Expecting to break up without hurting someone, is like expecting yourself to fall in love without liking someone.
12. Nothing can come close to the intensity with which I loved you, except maybe the intensity with which you took me for granted. True love isn’t like this. I’m sorry, I had my heart broken and I’m moving on for good.
13. I never asked for a lot. All I ever wanted was to be liked by you for who I was and not for who you wanted me to be.
14. I still can’t understand why it didn’t work out between me and you. Maybe our love was really too good to be true.
15. The problem with our relationship was that you were busy trying to mold it according to the whims and fancies of everyone around us, while I was busy enjoying it for what it was. Goodbye.
16. Things would have never come to the point of walking away if you had not kept deceiving me with your lies every day. Goodbye.
17. I am breaking up with you because you always looked for things that were wrong, but in reality, everything was perfect all along. I thought you were my best friend, but I guess I was wrong.
18. Sometimes, justifying a breakup is as impossible as justifying love.
19. All this time, you were hell bent on counting the number of times I tried to make you happy while I was focused on counting the number of times I stopped you from feeling sad. Goodbye.
20. Even though we are breaking up, I will never hate the love that we once had. After all, it’s not love’s fault that you never embraced the good and always spotted the bad.
21. All this time my heart loved you with all its might, not knowing that the malice in yours would reduce it to a sorry plight.
22. This day wouldn’t have come if you had stopped finding faults and looked at my strengths instead. This day wouldn’t have come if you had stopped bickering about the things I hadn’t done and appreciated the things I did. This day wouldn’t have come if you had stopped listening to what others told you and listened to what my heart had to say.
23. Sometimes, breakups are the bitter pills that cure you of toxic relationships.
24. The problem with our relationship was that you kept thinking about the fights we had in the past, while I kept thinking about the smiles we would share in the future.
25. You constantly tried to make our relationship perfect, while I constantly believed that it was already perfect. Goodbye.
26. Don’t blame me for letting go now, because you let go a long time back.
27. Don’t expect me to tell you why I am breaking up with you. Just like how you never told me why you never got around to accepting me for who I am. Goodbye.
28. I always thought that our relationship was immune to all the storms life could throw at us. But I didn’t think about the biggest one – YOU. This wasn’t true love. Goodbye.
29. I will never understand what made you lie, cheat, and betray, but I’m sure not going to sacrifice the rest of my life trying to find out.
30. While you try to justify your actions by terming them as harmless white lies, I want you to put your hand on my heart and feel how you made it cry. You never bothered to feel my pain and wipe the tears from my eyes, now I have no choice but to move on and say goodbye.
31. I don’t regret asking you out. The only thing that I do regret is believing that you would like me as much as I liked you.
32. True love comes in all shapes and sizes except one – yours. Goodbye.
33. It was easy for you to pretend that you were in love with me. But it won’t be easy for me to pretend that I am not heartbroken.
Honest breakup messages for boyfriend:
1. A breakup is not something I had on my mind but I still want it – just like how love was not on yours but you still pretended it was.
2. Our relationship was not a mistake but it is definitely something I would not want to do again. We are too different and being in love causes us both so much pain. We should both be moving on now.
3. What really hurts, isn’t how you make me feel like a loser today, but the memories of how you made me feel special before. Yes, this is a breakup message. I’m moving on and so should you.
4. I never meant to break your heart but you never bothered to understand mine. Goodbye.
5. Breaking up will hurt me more than it will hurt you – just like how being together gave me more joy than it did to you.
6. As painful as it is, tolerating heartbreak is still better than tolerating your lies. Goodbye.
7. I am breaking up with you… Maybe I’ll regret this, maybe I won’t. But it doesn’t matter, because I know you won’t.
8. I will never deny that I loved you. But someone has rightly said that with time, things change… and so did you. Goodbye.
9. I want to break up with you. It’s not that I have begun to hate you but it’s because my heart has stopped loving you.
10. Breaking up with you is not my choice but I don’t have any other option – just like how loving me was a choice but you did it as if you had no other option. I’m moving on.
11. Our breakup will hurt me as much as it will you, but it is something that we must do. Our fights and arguments have ripped our love to shreds. There’s no point in trying to revive something that is already dead.
12. This is the last time I’m writing to you. I never thought that my feelings for you would change, but then again, I never thought that you would change either. Goodbye.
13. I am the same girl who gave you my heart to love it. Instead you chose to corrode it with malice, bit by bit. Goodbye.
14. I walked away because you were busy finding faults in me, while I was busy overlooking yours.
15. Our breakup will hurt me a lot, but I’d rather mend a broken heart than suffocate in a toxic relationship. Goodbye.
16. This is my last message to you. I am breaking up with you because I am sick of being a second priority to the person who has always been my priority number one.
17. You treated our relationship like a Facebook status update that you could conveniently change every day. I am sorry, but I refuse to be treated this way. Good luck to you, bye.
18. EVERYTHING is the only thing I regret about being with you. Goodbye.
19. You will never be the guy my heart sees and I will never be the girl you want me to be. Goodbye.
20. Heartbreak is something that I never wanted to give to you. My decision to dump you is going to hurt me too. But I don’t expect you to understand any of this, your concern for our relationship has always been remiss.
21. It has been quite a while since you’ve known that I want to break up with you. Today is the fateful day that I am firm on my decision. I hope we can part without any complications.
22. I never imagined that the guy of my dreams would give me nightmares too. The way you have changed is why I am breaking up with you.
23. The coldest of hugs and soulless kisses, shallow lies and a barrage of false promises. Total disrespect and an obvious lack of care, absence of love and virtually nothing to share. You have left me with no option but to hold back my tears and break up with you.
24. We both knew what it was going to take to make our relationship work. The only difference is that I looked forward to doing those things while you looked away. Goodbye.
25. I never wanted to break up with you, but fate had something else in store. All the jealousy and possessiveness have made our connection sore. I don’t harbor bad feelings for you in my heart, but I think it’s time for a new start.
26. As my last message to you, I’m telling you this: It’s not that I don’t deserve someone’s love. It’s just that you don’t deserve mine.
27. Our relationship was my whole world, while yours was outside it. Goodbye.
28. Before you ask me why I want to break up with you, ask your heart why it did not love me like it was supposed to.
29. Breaking up with you is the only thing in my life that sounds terribly wrong but feels soulfully right. Goodbye.
Best breakup quotes:
1. May the bridges I burn, light the way. – Dylan McKay
2. If you have to beg someone to be in your life then they don’t belong there. – Mandy Hale
3. There will always be a place for you in my life, just not in my heart. – Unknown
4. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. – Marilyn Monroe
5. How I felt about you hasn’t changed, but you have. – Unknown
6. You’re not worth my love if you need reasons to find me worthy of yours. – Unknown
7. You don’t lose a good man, you lose a man who’s not good for you. – Steve Harvey
8. Not everyone you lose is a loss. – Unknown
9. There are times when sorry seems the only truth. – Oscar Wilde
10. I know that’s what people say – you’ll get over it. I’d say it, too. But I know it’s not true. Oh, you’ll be happy again, never fear.
11. But you won’t forget. Every time you fall in love it will be because something in the man reminds you of him. – Betty Smith
12. I walked away because you were busy finding faults in me, and I was busy overlooking yours. – Unknown
13. Before something great happens, everything falls apart. – Unknown
14. Some things can be fixed. Some things are just too broken. – Susan Vaught
15. When someone walks away from you, it’s not the end of your story. It’s just the end of their time in your story. – Unknown
16. I want to be in a relationship that feels good on the inside, and doesn’t just look good on the outside. – Unknown
17. Sometimes people cry not because they’re weak, but because they’ve been strong for too long. – Unknown
18. And now you’ve lost the only thing that ever made you feel alive. – Keith Urban
19. Trust is like a glass, once broken it will never be the same again. – Unknown
20. I may have lost someone who didn’t love me, but you lost someone who truly loved you. – Unknown
21. So I would choose to be with you. That’s if the choice were mine to make. But you can make decisions too, and you can have this heart to break. – Billy Joel
22. A lesson hurts before it teaches. – Unknown
23. Love is worth fighting for, but not if you’re the only one fighting. – Unknown
24. Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck. – Dalai lama
25. Never love anybody who treats you like you’re ordinary. – Oscar Wilde
26. It’s okay to be alone, that’s when you find yourself. – Unknown
27. I will survive and be the one who’s stronger. I will not beg you to stay. I will move on and you should know I mean it. Wild horses run in me. – Birdy
28. I don’t hate you, I just lost respect for you. – Unknown
The toughest part of letting go is realizing the other person already did. – Unknown
29. You can’t choose what stays and what fades away. And I’d do anything to make you stay. – Florence + the Machine
30. Sometimes the best revenge is to smile and move on. – Unknown
31. He needs space and time, as if this were physics and not a human relationship. – Kathryn Stockett
32. I’m tired of fighting. For once I want to be fought for. – Unknown
33. It’s really over, you made your stand. You got me crying, as was your plan. But when my loneliness is through, I’m gonna find another you. – John Mayer
34. Now I see things for what they are, not what I want them to be. – Unknown
35. I never stopped loving you, I just stopped showing it. – Unknown
36. A pain stabbed my heart, as it did every time I saw a girl I loved who was going the opposite direction in this too-big world. – Jack Kerouac
37. He broke my heart. You merely broke my life. – Vladimir Nabokov
38. Hatred would have been easier. With hatred, I would have known what to do. Hatred is clear, metallic, one-handed, unwavering; unlike love. – Margaret Atwood
39. In time I will fade away. In time I won’t hear what you say. In time, but time takes time you know. – Ben Folds
40. What happens to people that love each other? I suppose they have whatever they have, and they are more fortunate than others.
41. Then one of them gets the emptiness forever. – Ernest Hemingway
42. I’m not leaving you for making mistakes, I’m leaving you for making the same mistakes too many times. – Unknown
43. I miss your smile, but I miss mine even more. – Kid Cudi
44. Lies don’t end relationships, the truth does. – Unknown
45. I miss the time when I actually meant something to you. – Unknown
46. We broke up, but my feelings didn’t. – Unknown
47. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain. – Vivian Greene
48. There will always be a place for you in my life, just not in my heart. – Unknown
49. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. – C.S. Lewis
50. Love is like quicksand, the further you fall in the harder it is to get out. – Unknown
51. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
52. He brought out the worst in me and was the best thing that ever happened to me. – Coco J. Ginger
53. Only time can heal a broken heart, only time can heal his broken arms and legs. – Miss Piggy
54. If they’re stupid enough to walk away, be smart enough to let them go. – Unknown
55. Don’t cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won’t let you see the starts. – Violeta Para
56. Missing you isn’t what hurts, it’s knowing that I had you that’s killing me. – Unknown
57. Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger. – Sarah Evans
58. One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones. – Turcois Ominek
59. Your absence is teaching me things your presence never could. – Unknown
60. Breaking up is a natural evolution when you try to figure out what you want in life. – Usher
We hope you’ve found the breakup messages that express just how you feel by ending your relationship. It’s time to move on to the better things that await you!
Ghosting After First Date: Why It Happens And How To Handle It
Thursday 1st of December 2022
[…] whether you like it or not, you’ll never get the closure you’re craving. You’ll never find out what happened, and you just have to live with […]
98 Best Last Words To Say To An Ex (No Matter The Situation)
Sunday 30th of October 2022
[…] you’ll find the best last words to say to an ex according to how you feel about them and the whole situation. So, let’s […]