When we’re feeling broken and sad, when we lose hope for better days, it’s hard to stay positive or understand why something is happening to us.
Everything happens for a reason quotes will help you find the silver lining – the positive in any situation!
There are some things in life we cannot influence no matter how much we want to.
We do everything we can and we work our hardest, but in the end, the process and the outcome is always a combination of factors we cannot sway.
But, what we can do is stay positive! Because if we stay positive, we have a shot at a silver lining.
Instead of demanding answers, we need to believe that things happen for a reason and every person we meet has a role in our life (be it big or small).
These inspirational life quotes will fill you with positive energy, hope, and understanding! They will show you that not everything is black and white, but there are millions of shades of grey waiting for you to discover them.
Everything Happens For A Reason Quotes
1. “Realize that if a door closed, it’s because what was behind it wasn’t meant for you.” – Mandy Hale
2. “I always say that things are meant to be and everything happens for a reason, so I don’t have any regrets.” – Kevin Pietersen
3. “Sometimes a ‘mistake’ can end up being the best decision you ever make.” – Mandy Hale
4. “Everything happens for a reason. That reason causes change. Sometimes the change hurts. Sometimes the change is hard. But in the end it’s all for the best.” – Ritu Ghatourey
5. “Life’s too precious, so have fun, treasure the memories, say what you want, do what you want, have no regrets and remember everything happens for a reason.” – Abhishek Tiwari
6. “Eventually all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.” – Albert Schweitzer
7. “Our strength doesn’t come from winning. It comes from struggles and hardship. Everything that you go through prepares you for the next level.” – Germany Kent
8. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
9. “There will always be a reason why you meet people. Either you need them to change your life or you’re the one that will change theirs.” – Angel Flonis Harefa
10. “Things are finally starting to calm down and be the way they’re supposed to be. I think things happen for a reason.” – Eddie Cibrian
11. “Success is not a miracle. Nor is it a matter of luck. Everything happens for a reason, good or bad, positive or negative.” – Brian Tracy
12. “Everything happens for a reason, and something better will come along for me!” – Selena Gomez
13. “I knew everything happened for a reason. I just wished the reason would hurry up and make itself known.” – Christina Lauren
14. “One of my core beliefs is that everything happens for a reason and some things just aren’t to my taste. All the things that happen in my life are divinely inspired and they happen for a purpose.” – John Assaraf
15. “I think everything happens for a reason and all the things that happened to me – good, bad – I’m glad they did. It’s made me ready for life, for adulthood.” – Freddy Adu
16. “Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.” – Harvey Mackay
17. “Just remember everything happens for a reason. We just have to pick ourselves up, and look on the bright side of life.” – Megan Smith
18. “God lets everything happen for a reason. It’s all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another.” – Mike Tyson
19. “I feel that things happen for a reason and open up new opportunities.” – Jil Sander
20. “Everything happens for a reason and a purpose, and it serves you.” – Tony Robbins
Inspirational Quotes About How Everything Happens For A Reason
21. “I trust that everything happens for a reason, even if we are not wise enough to see it.” – Oprah Winfrey
22. “Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” – John Mayer
23. “Do you believe that there are no coincidences in life? Everything happens for a reason. Every person we meet has a role in our life, either it is big or small. Some will hurt, betray and make us cry. Some will teach us lessons, not to change us, but to make us to be a better person.” – Cynthia Rusli
24. “Even seasonal situations can bring with them lessons that last a lifetime. If the love doesn’t last, it prepares you for the one that will.” – Mandy Hale
25. “I’m one of those people that thinks things happen for a reason, and you just have to look for the reason.” – Clint Black
26. “But if I’ve heard this saying once, I’ve heard it a thousand times – everything happens for a reason. And possibly it does. I just haven’t found the reason why this all happened yet.” – Jerry Lawler
27. “I don’t want to say everything happens for a reason but every day is lined up right next to the other one for a reason. The best you can do is do each day well with kindness and as a good person.” – Mayim Bialik
28. “Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.” – Walter Anderson
29. “Miracles happen every day, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” – Jon Bon Jovi
30. “Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.” – Mandy Hale
31. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
32. “Most things happen for a reason and it may take years to discover why, but this is almost always for the better.” – Ursula A. Ciller
33. “When you’re a teenager, a year can be crippling to maneuver through. Some things happen when you’re like 13. All of a sudden you go from being this really confident, no-worry little kid to having all these weird insecurities for no reason.” – Kristen Stewart
34. “Everything happens for a reason. The daily tragedies and misfortunes are all meaningful events, leading toward an ideal conclusion. With that in mind, there probably isn’t really any meaningless misfortune.” – Melchor Lim
35. “The pessimist reason that things just happen, where the optimist believes that things happen for a reason.” – Anthony Liccione
36. “Everything that happens happens as it should, and if you observe carefully, you will find this to be so.” – Marcus Aurelius
37. “Things happen the way they’re meant to. There’s a pattern and a shape to everything… Nothing happens without a reason… Nothing is impossible.” – Rosamunde Pilcher
38. “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
39. “On one hand, we know that everything happens for a reason, and there are no mistakes or coincidences. On the other hand, we learn that we can never give up, knowing that with the right tools and energy, we can reverse any decree or karma. So, which is it? Let the Light decide, or never give up? The answer is: both.” – Yehuda Berg
40. “Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time.” – Paulo Coelho
Motivational Quotes On Everything Happens For A Reason
41. “I personally believe in some sort of divine order – or energy. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. I do think that when something bad happens to someone it’s with the purpose of awakening them. I do think there is some force behind that. I don’t think there are accidents.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
42. “The Universe doesn’t make mistakes. Everything is happening just as it should. It’s only our perception of difficulties that causes us the distress and the difficulty we experience. Not only that, but when we label events as ‘bad,’ we fail to perceive the benefit that is waiting for us.” – Chris Prentiss
43. “When awareness expands, events that seem random actually aren’t. A larger purpose is trying to unfold through you. When you become aware of that purpose – which is unique for each person – you become like an architect who has been handed the blueprint.” – Deepak Chopra
44. “If I was able to have the game I have and shoot 80% from the line, I’d probably be an arrogant person rather than a humble one. Everything happens for a reason.” – Shaquille O’Neal
45. “Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn’t happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?” – Elizabeth Scott
46. “It is often said that everything happens for a reason, but you must embrace the perspective that it’s never a reason that is predetermined or out of your control. It is always your responsibility to choose the most empowering reasons for the occurrences of your life.” – Hal Elrod
47. “When you realize that the laws of nature must be incredibly finely tuned to produce the universe we see, that conspires to plant the idea that the universe did not just happen, but that there must be a purpose behind it.” – John Polkinghorne
48. “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore
49. “The worst thing you can do is try to manipulate or control perceptions. It’s impossible, and when you are found out the result is disastrous. Better to be transparent and play well with others so that when bad things happen you have a reservoir of goodwill to bank on.” – John Gerzema
50. “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen.” – Deep Roy
51. “I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. So you asked, ‘When things get really, really difficult in your life, what keeps you going?’ For me, it’s always that the most difficult moments in my life, the moments in which I believe I’ve completely failed or hit bottom, I can actually directly link them to something later that is either a true success or a dream come true. So, I do believe that if you can maintain that everything happens for a reason, you can find the strength and the lesson in those difficult moments and grow stronger.” – Troian Bellisario
52. “In the final analysis, the questions of why bad things happen to good people transmutes itself into some very different questions, no longer asking why something happened, but asking how we will respond, what we intend to do now that it happened.” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
53. “Remember that everything that is happening around you, good or bad, is in some way conspiring to help you.” – Debasish Mridha
54. “Thank life for happening, Thank every twist and turn, There is a reason for every single thing, there is a reason for every worry and concern.” – Dante Jannicelli
55. “I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I think it’s important to seek out that reason; that’s how we learn.” – Drew Barrymore
56. “All is grace. Nothing happens by chance, everything happens for a reason. Life is beautiful!” – Joel Randymar
57. “Everything happens for a reason, everything is part of a puzzle that, even at the time, if we don’t understand the bigger picture, everything has a significant role in what’s to come in the future.” – Jon Connor
58. “Live life and take chances. Believe that everything happens for a reason and don’t regret. Love to the fullest and you will find true happiness in life. Realize that things go wrong and people change, but things do go on. Sometimes things weren’t meant to be. What is supposed to happen will work its way out.” – Oprah Winfrey
Everything happens for a reason – all you need to do is believe!
Instead of worrying about what will happen tomorrow, focus on what’s happening now. Enjoy your life to the fullest, work your hardest, and don’t lose hope.
Remember that things happen when you least expect them and they always happen for a reason.
And whenever you’re feeling lost or disappointed let the above Everything happens for a reason quotes be your silver lining reminder!
See also: 180 Best Heart – Touching Quotes About Life To Inspire You