A healthy relationship is a relationship in which both partners share honest and deep feelings for each other, and they’re each other’s biggest supporters in life. These healthy relationship quotes indeed prove this.
If both partners want their romantic relationship to succeed, both of them will have to put some effort into making it work. It’s the first rule for a healthy and good relationship.
Don’t strive for perfection because there is no such thing as a perfect relationship.
There will always be some differences and disagreements between you and your partner, but the important thing is to find a way to deal with them in a healthy way.
The only thing that must be perfect is the love you have for each other. All other things can be fixed and improved upon. And these love quotes below confirm this.
Healthy relationships quotes
A relationship can significantly affect your mental health. If one partner is toxic or a partner is codependent in a relationship, the relationship will become toxic and unhealthy too.
However, if both partners want to save their relationship, codependency can be fixed.
No obstacle is too great to overcome if you truly love each other and want to fight for your relationship.
The best relationship advice for a healthy relationship is to give each other space but to always be there for each other and be each other’s biggest fan.
These inspirational quotes below will show you how a good relationship should look.
1. “A healthy relationship is a feast of affection/giving for both people; not one receiving crumbs and trying to convince themselves it’s enough.” – Shannon Thomas
2. “In a healthy relationship, vulnerability is wonderful. It leads to increased intimacy and closer bonds. When a healthy person realizes that he or she hurt you, they feel remorse, and they make amends. It’s safe to be honest. In an abusive system, vulnerability is dangerous. It’s considered a weakness, which acts as an invitation for more mistreatment. Abusive people feel a surge of power when they discover a weakness. They exploit it, using it to gain more power. Crying or complaining confirms that they’ve poked you in the right spot.” – Christina Enevoldsen
3. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Epicurus
4. “Be aware that healthy relationships are built on trust, and that trust takes time to develop. It may be unwise to share too much of yourself and about yourself too quickly.” – Brian Lee
5. “A healthy relationship is a feast of affection/giving for both people; not one receiving crumbs and trying to convince themselves it’s enough.” – Shannon Thomas
6. “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself – to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
7. “People should accept being single because those are the moments you can really focus on yourself, and learning who you are. Then when you get in a relationship, you will be stronger and have a little bit more self-awareness, self-love, and the other ingredients for a healthy relationship.” – Lauren London
8. “You can’t just give up on someone because the situation is not ideal. Great relationships are not great because they have no problems. They are great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work.” – Unknown
9. “Every good relationship, especially marriage, is based on respect. If it’s not based on respect, nothing that appears to be good will last very long.” – Amy Grant
10. “Apologizing does not mean that you’re wrong, and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.” – Mark Matthews
11. “A healthy relationship keeps the doors and windows wide open. Plenty of air is circulating, and no one feels trapped. Relationships thrive in this environment. Keep your doors and windows open. If the person is meant to be in your life, all the open doors and windows in the world will not make them leave. Trust the truth.” – Unknown
12. “A great relationship doesn’t happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building love until the end.” – Unknown
13. “A healthy relationship is a feast of affection/giving for both people; not one receiving crumbs and trying to convince themselves it’s enough.” – Shannon Thomas
14. “Relationships include: fights, jealousy, arguments, faith, tears, disagreements, but a real relationship fights through all that with love.” – Unknown
15. “Money gives you options, hard work gives you success, healthy relationships give you a long life, but faith gives you everything!” – Farshad Asl
16. “…good relationships are based on kindness. On putting the person you love before yourself. On thinking of what you can do to make that person happy. Good relationships require kindness, commitment, and appreciation.” – Jane Green
17. “A true soulmate relationship is like an exquisitely beautiful flower that only grows in a well-cared-for and protected place. This flower has a wonderfully delicate scent that will enchant anyone who comes near.” – Tara Springett
18. “The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness.” – Neale Donald Walsch
19. “If the only thing that you have to offer in a relationship or marriage is your physical appearance, then you are definitely walking on a very thin line. It takes more than physical beauty to sustain a healthy relationship or marriage.” – Edmond Mbiaka
20. “We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West
21. “Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don’t over-analyze your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
22. “No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater.” – Sarah Dessen
23. “Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” – Anthony Robbins
24. “Every couple needs to argue now and then. Just to prove that the relationship is strong enough to survive. Long-term relationships, the ones that matter, are all about weathering the peaks and the valleys.” – Nicholas Sparks
25. “Anyone can love a thing because. That’s as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.” – Patrick Rothfuss
26. “Don’t give up at the first signs of friction: only through clear communication, flexibility and willingness to adapt can you find a relationship that will weather the storms of life.” – Tom Miles
27. “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” – Thomas Merton
28. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah
29. “Trust in a relationship is very crucial. Without trust, a relationship cannot last as a healthy and happy bond.” – Alana Johnson
30. “My primary relationship is with myself – all others are mirrors of it. As I learn to love myself, I automatically receive the love and appreciation that I desire from others. If I am committed to myself and to living my truth, I will attract others with equal commitment. My willingness to be intimate with my own deep feelings creates the space for intimacy with another. As I learn to love myself, I receive the love I desire from others.” – Shakti Gawain
31. “‘I Trust You’ is a better compliment than ‘I Love You.’ Because you may not always trust the person you love, but you can always love the person you trust.” – Unknown
Healthy relationship short quotes
Here are also some short love life quotes that are true definitions of a healthy romantic relationship.
1. “A healthy relationship is not about two people who share interests, but it’s about two people who share priorities.” – Unknown
2. “No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together.” – Unknown
3. “A healthy relationship always has more comedy than drama.” – Unknown
4. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
5. “Don’t talk, just act. Don’t say, just show. Don’t promise, just prove.” – Unknown
6. “The best sign of a healthy relationship is no sign of it on Facebook.” – J. Bertrand
7. “For a healthy relationship, don’t argue like it’s you versus your partner, but argue like it’s you both versus the issue.” – Unknown
8. “True love is not a hide-and-seek game; in true love, both lovers seek each other.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
9. “To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.” – Doménico Cieri Estrada
10. “The rules for a healthy relationship is communication, cooperation, and determination.” – Marquis Heath
11. “The foundations of a harmonious relationship: Honesty, Character, Integrity, Trust, Faith, Love & Loyalty.” – Unknown
12. “A healthy relationship is built on unwavering trust.” – Beau Mirchoff
13. “The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.” – Alexandra Penney
14. “A healthy relationship is one where two independent people make a deal that they will help make the other person the best version of themselves.” – Unknown
15. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
16. “A healthy relationship doesn’t drag you down. It inspires you to be better.” – Mandy Hale
17. “A good relationship is when someone accepts your past, supports your present, and encourages your future.” – Unknown
18. “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” – Donald Miller
19. “The best relationship is when you can act like lovers and best friends at the same time.” – Ben Orchard
20. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” – Oprah
21. “Whether it is a friendship or a relationship, all bonds are built on trust. Without it, you have nothing.” – Unknown
22. “Don’t just be a taker; healthy relationships require balance. Give with your words and be extra generous with your deeds.” – Steve Maraboli
23. “To be fully seen by somebody… and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
24. “Healthy relationships should always begin at the spiritual and intellectual levels – the levels of purpose, motivation, interests, dreams, and personality.” – Myles Munroe
25. “A perfect relationship is not perfect; it’s just that both people never gave up.” – Unknown
26. “We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.” – Joyce Meyer
27. “Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.” – Carroll Bryant
28. “A relationship requires a lot of work and commitment.” – Greta Scacchi
29. “A healthy relationship will never require you to sacrifice your friends, your dreams, or your dignity.” – Dinkar Kalotra
30. “There’s no perfect relationship. All relationships are work. If you put in the work, you’ll reap the rewards.” – Jesse Metcalfe
31. “You cannot have a healthy relationship with people who are wearing a mask.” – Unknown
32. “As you remove toxic people from your life, you free up space and emotional energy for positive, healthy relationships.” – John Mark Green
33. “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus
34. “Forgiveness is the oil of all relationships.” – Unknown
35. “A strong relationship requires choosing to love each other even in those moments when you struggle to like each other.” – Unknown
36. “Do what you did in the beginning of the relationship, and there won’t be an end.” – Anthony Robbins
37. “A healthy relationship is one in which love enriches you; not imprisons you.” – Steve Maraboli
38. “Honesty is the key to Trust; Trust is the door to healthy relationships.” – J.R. Incer
39. “I think the greatest gifts we can give each other in a relationship are the gifts of kindness and communication.” – Jane Green, Falling
40. “What love we’ve given, we’ll have forever. What love we fail to give will be lost for all eternity.” – Leo Buscaglia
41. “Your relationship should be a safe haven, not a battlefield. The world is hard enough already.” – Unknown
42. “Healthy Relationships… Don’t let outside circumstances diminish your inner fire. Adapt, adjust, and keep the romance alive.” – Steve Maraboli
43. “Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.” – Gloria Steinem
44. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” – C. JoyBell C.
45. “Love is supposed to lift you up, not hold you down. It is supposed to push you forward, not hold you back.” – Suzy Kassem
Unhealthy relationship quotes
Unfortunately, sometimes, no matter how much you try, you can’t fix a damaged relationship if the other person doesn’t even want to try to save it.
Setting some healthy boundaries in your relationship is a must. If a relationship lacks healthy boundaries, it is less likely to succeed.
Here are some motivational quotes that will help you realize if you’re in a toxic relationship and also help you end it and move on.
1. “… to be in any sort of relationship where you do not express yourself, simply to keep the peace, is a relationship ruled by one person and will never be balanced or healthy.” – Bronnie Ware
2. “A bad relationship can do that, can make you doubt everything good you ever felt about yourself.” – Dionne Warwick
3. “A wrong relationship will make you feel more alone than when you were single.” – Unknown
4. “Walking away from someone you love is not an immoral thing. If that person isn’t good for your wellbeing in any way, it’s important to step away from that relationship.” – Arien Smith
5. “Staying in an unhealthy relationship that robs you of peace of mind, is not being loyal. It is choosing to hurt yourself mentally, emotionally and sometimes, physically.” – Kemi Sogunle
6. “If you’re giving love and not receiving it, you’re not in the right relationship. If you’re receiving it and not giving it, then you are taking advantage of the other person.” – Patti Stanger
7. “Bad relationships are like a bad investment. No matter how much you put into it, you’ll never get anything out of it. Find someone that’s worth investing in.” – Sonya Parker
8. “Unhealthy relationships keep our self-esteem low.” – Sam Owen
9. “If your partner makes you lose your friends, family, self-esteem, happiness, and confidence, then you should lose him.” – Unknown
10. “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.” – Henry Winkler
11. “When we fail to set boundaries and hold people accountable, we feel used and mistreated. This is why we sometimes attack who they are, which is far more hurtful than addressing a behavior or a choice.” – Brené Brown
12. “A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass; if you stay, you will keep hurting. If you walk away, you will hurt, but eventually, you will heal.” – Autumn Kohler
13. “A toxic lover is someone damaged beyond repair.” – Unknown
14. “Just say NO to complicated, dead-end, unhealthy, and toxic relationships.” – Stephanie Lahart
15. “Being addictive to a toxic person is purely suicidal.” – Unknown
16. “No partner in a love relationship…should feel that he has to give up an essential part of himself to make it viable.” – May Sarton