True friendship means finding someone to have shelter in, someone to share your happy and bad moments, someone to get ridiculously drunk with, someone to have the worst fight with but also the sincerest reconciliation—it means you have someone to share your life with.
Having a BFF is similar to having a shrink—only cheaper. That person is someone you can count on every moment of your life. That person won’t care about your imperfections and quirks. You can do foolishly stupid things in front of that person and they won’t judge you ever—moreover, they will find excuses for your behavior, just to make you feel better.
Having a true BFF is like hitting the Jackpot—it’s rare, it’s unbelievable, but it’s so good.
1. You feel so comfortable around her that you would stay the night, drink a cup of coffee in the morning, and go straight to her bathroom—as if you were home.
2. You’ve made a pact that if the world is about to come to an end, you would climb on the top of the nearest hill, lay down and look into the sky, waiting for the end of everything—happy because you are together.
3. If she calls you in the middle of the night, even if you have to work tomorrow or you have school or an important exam, you will ignore everything and run to be with her—as long as she needs it. Even if she just needs you to hold her or to listen to her. Your presence is enough.
4. It can be days or even months for the two of you not to hear from each other. And when you finally meet, you just pick up where you left off—as if not a day has gone by since the last time you saw each other.
5. In your ‘party-hard’ phase, she would never leave you after you throw a party to clean up everything by yourself. She will stick around until everything is spotlessly clean.
6. For every moment in your life, no matter how insignificant to others but important to you, she will be first in line to support you. Even if you have an exhibition in some God-forsaken place with a population of one thousand people—5 of them actually attending your exhibition—she will be there—the proudest one of all.
7. God forbid someone is mean to you. They would awaken the beast. Your BF would defend you at any cost—even if it means she’s going down with you.
8. If you are mean to someone, she will make sure you’re acting like a complete b**ch for no good reason, and she will make you make amends.
9. Your BF will never let you live in ignorance. If the guy you like hates your face, she will tell you that right away—“Screw him, you’re better than him anyway”, and what’s the best is that she really means that.
10. She will never blow off your friendship. Even if you are in a relationship, she knows you’re going to have less time for her, but you would never leave her because friends are forever—unlike most relationships.
11. She will never let you embarrass yourself—at least not just yourself. If you got stupidly drunk, she will drink even more to follow you. If you do something stupid, she will join you instantly.
12. You can sit next to her for hours and you don’t need to say a thing—awkward silences don’t exist in your relationship. The two of you don’t feel obligated to fill those hushed voids.
At the end of the day, this person becomes your person—your family, more than family. This person will be by your side forever, no matter what. Never stop showing that person how much she means to you and how much you love her.