If you’re looking for responsibility quotes that will help you improve your personal development, look no more! Make yourself at home (I know it sounds weird) and don’t forget to enjoy it!
Recently, I spoke to someone about the recipe for true happiness. The first thing that came to my mind was the following: Taking responsibility for your actions and choices in life.
I’ve realized that the secret ingredient for said desired happiness lies in the above statement and do you know why? Because the only thing you can control is YOURSELF.
We often forget that. When something goes south in our lives, we tend to blame others or the universe for it.
By not taking full responsibility for our actions, we block ourselves in one important department and that is self-improvement.
Taking responsibility means accepting consequences, learning valuable lessons, finding new methods and opportunities and working on achieving our goals.
All of this leads us to opening the doors to infinite happiness and abundance.
The only way you can open these doors is by making an effort and being persistent instead of making excuses or giving up at the first obstacle.
Once you learn to take complete responsibility for your life, you’ll find true happiness!
Let these quotes be your motivation for starting your life-changing journey:
Taking Responsibility Quotes
1. “When you think everything is someone else’s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy.” – Dalai Lama
2. “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “It is only when you take responsibility for your life that you discover how powerful you truly are.” – Allanah Hunt
4. “The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you can change anything in your life.” – Hal Elrod
5. “Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
6. “Eventually we all have to accept full and total responsibility for our actions, everything we have done, and have not done.” – Hubert Selby Jr., Requiem for a Dream
7. “There is always an alternative to the present urgency – and it’s not a vacation, it’s acknowledging deeper responsibility.” – Stewart Brand
8. “The greatest people are ‘great’ because they’re willing to admit their greatest faults.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
9. “Character – the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life – is the source from which self-respect springs.” – Joan Didion, On Self-Respect
10. “Taking responsibility for oneself is by definition an act of kindness.” – Sharon Salzberg
11. “You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, but not for what you think. The truth is that you are responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level that you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what you think.” – Marianne Williamson, Return to Love
12. “All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you.” – Wayne Dyer
Inspirational Quotes On Responsibility
13. “Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.” – Sigmund Freud
14. “Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
15. “We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.” – George Bernard Shaw
16. “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
17. “Taking personal accountability is a beautiful thing because it gives us complete control of our destinies.” – Heather Schuck
18. “Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.” – General Colin Powell
19. “In dreams begin responsibilities.” – W.B. Yeats
20. “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” – George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
21. “When we have begun to take charge of our lives, to own ourselves, there is no longer any need to ask permission of someone.” – George O’Neil
22. “Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
23. “The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill
24. “A sign of wisdom and maturity is when you come to terms with the realization that your decisions cause your rewards and consequences. You are responsible for your life, and your ultimate success depends on the choices you make.” – Denis Waitley
Personal Responsibility Quotes
25. “The secret ingredients to true happiness? Decisive optimism and personal responsibility.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
26. “Personal responsibility leads to national transformation.” – Sunday Adelaja
27. “Accepting personal responsibility for your life frees you from outside influences – increases your self-esteem – boosts confidence in your ability to make decisions – and ultimately leads to success in life.” – Roy T. Bennett
28. “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” – Jim Rohn
29. “Take responsibility – it’s where your powers live.” – Will Craig
30. “Adulthood is defined by the willingness to accept full responsibility for where you are at in life; no longer blaming others or circumstances.” – Joe Westbrook
31. “The final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
32. “There’s not a chance we’ll reach our full potential until we stop blaming each other and start practicing personal accountability.” – John G. Miller
33. “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
34. “By taking responsibility for yourself, you can stop relying on others to take responsibility for you.” – Vironika Tugaleva, The Art of Talking to Yourself
35. “The victim mindset dilutes the human potential. By not accepting personal responsibility for our circumstances, we greatly reduce our power to change them.” – Steve Maraboli
36. “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” – Denis Waitley
37. “If you own this story you get to write the ending.” – Brené Brown
38. “Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.” – Adrienne Rich
Responsibility Quotes For Kids
39. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” – Dalai Lama
40.“The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
41. “When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.” – Louis Nizer
42. “Be the change that you want to see in the world.” – Mohandas Gandhi
43. “Though I am not always responsible for what happens to me, I am responsible for how I handle what happens to me.” – Zig Ziglar
44. “You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for his own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful.” – Marie Curie
45. “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.” – Bob Dylan
46. “It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible, but also for what we do not do.” – Moliere
47. “Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.” – Audrey Hepburn
48. “Every person who has changed the world has taken responsibility for something that mattered not just to them, but to mankind.” – Mike Stutman
49. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
Responsibility Quotes For Parents
50. “Force your kids to pursue success and they shall be drowned into the abyss of characterlessness, but let them pursue excellence and they shall rise as glorious Gods.” – Abhijit Naskar, Human Making is Our Mission: A Treatise on Parenting
51. “Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be.” – David Bly
52. “When you hold your baby in your arms the first time, and you think of all the things you can say and do to influence him, it’s a tremendous responsibility. What you do with him can influence not only him but everyone he meets and not for a day or a month or a year but for time and eternity.” – Rose Kennedy
53. “Some parents whenever their children have an independent thought they wrap them up in warm ignorance and send them to bed.” – Rassool Jibraeel Snyman
54. “The best thing you can spend on your kid is time.” – Arnold Glasgow
55. “Do not raise creepy crawlers my dear braveheart parents. Raise mighty humans with Himalayan strength in their veins. Give them the voice that has gone extinct in today’s society. And if there is only one thing you could give to your children, then give them courage – courage to pursue their passion – courage to trample every obstacle in their path – courage to keep walking even when their heart bleeds in agony.” – Abhijit Naskar, Human Making is Our Mission: A Treatise on Parenting
56. “We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
57. “Feed your child ideas of peace, harmony and compassion but at the same time give them courage to defend their identity and dignity.” – Abhijit Naskar, Human Making is Our Mission: A Treatise on Parenting
58. “Everything depends on upbringing.” – Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Social Responsibility Quotes
59. “In a world of lies and liars, an honest work of art is always an act of social responsibility.” – Robert McKee
60. “The world howls for social justice, but when it comes to social responsibility, you sometimes can’t even hear crickets chirping.” – Dean Koontz, Deeply Odd
61. “We all have a social responsibility and have to be mindful of what we do and say.” – Aja Brown
62. “If you feel a sense of social responsibility, first of all keep working on yourself. Being peaceful yourself is the first step if you want to live in a peaceful universe.” – Ram Dass
63. “Social responsibility above the level of family, or at most of tribe, requires imagination – devotion, loyalty, all the higher virtues – which a man must develop himself; if he has them forced down him, he will vomit them out.” – Robert A. Heinlein
64. “There is a social responsibility to take care of vulnerable people. It seems that a sensible social responsibility is obligatory education, but also decent education, and that is not happening.” – Noam Chomsky
65. “I believe social responsibility begins with a strong, competitive company. Only a healthy enterprise can improve and enrich the lives of people and their communities.” – Jack Welch
66. “A tremendous social responsibility comes with being a successful public performer.” – A. Bartlett Giamatti
Accepting Responsibility Quotes
67. “When you start to accept responsibility for the results you get in life, you also take back the power to change your future outcome.” – Kevin Ngo
68. “Success on any major scale requires you to accept responsibility… in the final analysis, the one quality that all successful people have is the ability to take on responsibility.” – Michael Korda
69. “Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.” – Roy T. Bennett
70. “There is an expiry date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction; the moment you are old enough to take the wheel, responsibility lies with you.” – J.K. Rowling
71. “Making someone responsible for your misery also makes them responsible for your happiness. Why give that power to anyone but yourself?” – Scott Stabile
72. “When you choose freedom, you also choose responsibility.” – Richie Norton
73. “Take responsibility for your own happiness, do not expect people or things to bring you happiness, or you could be disappointed.” – Rodolfo Costa
74. “Stop pointing fingers and placing blame on others. Your life can only change to the degree that you accept responsibility for it.” – Steve Maraboli
75. “Concern yourself more with accepting responsibility than with assigning blame. Let the possibilities inspire you more than the obstacles discourage you.” – Ralph Marston
76. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
77. “Being responsible is an enormous privilege… It’s what marks anyone a fully grown human.” – Barack Obama
78. “Accepting complete responsibility for your life means that you refuse to make excuses or blame others for anything in your life that you’re not happy about.” – Brian Tracy, Focal Point
79. “The key is taking responsibility and initiative, deciding what your life is about and prioritizing your life around the most important things.” – Stephen Covey
Quotes On Responsibility And Accountability
80. “Until you accept responsibility for your life, someone else runs your life.” – Orrin Woodward
81. “Responsibility is a grace we give ourselves. It is not something imposed from outside of us. We have a say in how our life goes.” – Kristen Moeller, Waiting for Jack
82. “Blame is the coward’s solution to his fear of accountability.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
83. “The game is my life. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.” – Michael Jordan
84. “If it’s never our fault, we can’t take responsibility for it. If we can’t take responsibility for it, we’ll always be its victim.” – Richard Bach
85. “Big pay and little responsibility are circumstances seldom found together.” – Napoleon Hill
86. “The responsibility of tolerance lies with those who have the wider vision.” – George Eliot
87. “Accountability, is the state or condition of being accountable or responsible. That is right. We are responsible for what goes on in our heads.” – John Vaulkner, Accountability at a Moment’s Notice
88. “Responsibility is a grace you give yourself not an obligation.” – Dan Millman
89. “With great power comes great responsibility.” – Voltaire
Responsibility is one of the crucial ingredients of true happiness!
Remember that happiness lies in your own hands and you can choose to be happy today by taking full responsibility for your dreams, actions, and choices.
No matter how difficult things are at the moment, choose to never give up.
Also, learn to accept the things you cannot change. Once you master this, you will never blame others or make excuses, but you will be a legit, mature adult who is fully responsible for their own happiness.
Whenever you need some words of encouragement and inspiration to help you keep going, read these motivational responsibility quotes and let them be your personal muse!