When someone mentions spiritual balance, what is the first thing that pops into your mind?
Let me guess. It’s probably your soul/spirit, right?
That’s exactly what I thought before I learned the real meaning of spiritual life and spiritual practices.
Spiritual balance doesn’t only encompass your soul, but also the following three things: your mind, body and soul.
These three elements are interconnected and by balancing them you achieve spiritual balance.
It is about being content in both your material world and spiritual world, which leads to connecting to your true self.
In a nutshell, it is about BEING YOURSELF.
Spiritual growth doesn’t happen overnight. It requires effort, patience and determination.
Being spiritual doesn’t mean you need to be psychic or have special abilities.
We all have a unique spiritual path and our divine mission is to create a balanced life that will help us connect to our true self.
Here are some helpful tips on how to achieve spiritual and life balance and some powerful, inspirational quotes that will help you make the best out of this journey called life!
8 Tips To Help You Bring Spiritual Balance To Your Life
Meditation is one of the most powerful spiritual practices that helps you dive into spiritual reality.
It is a mind-body practice, the purpose of which is to find peace within yourself.
Implement meditation sessions into your daily life and this will bring you closer to achieving spiritual balance.
Stay away from making excuses like: I don’t have time for that or I don’t know how to do it.
You do have time for a few minutes of meditating daily and you don’t need to be a pro at it (if such a thing even exists).
Just sit in the most comfortable position, focus on your breathing and feel the energy circulating through your body.
Meditating is about being in the moment, focusing on your five senses and getting rid of any baggage and toxicity.
It’s about pausing for a moment and celebrating yourself.
They say that we are what we think. Therefore, we are what we eat as well.
Taking care of your physical body is equally as important as taking care of your mind.
A healthy diet directly influences our well-being and all three main elements: our body, mind and soul.
Eating healthy food will lift our mood (it even rhymes) and prevent any potential diseases.
Both your physical appearance and mindset will flourish because you’re getting the right amount of healthy fuel (food) needed to function properly.
So, choose what you consume carefully because this influences your whole being and not only the physical aspect.
Just like meditation and healthy diet, exercise is also essential for both our mental and physical health.
Regular exercise boosts our endorphins (happy body chemicals), reduces stress, improves sleep, boosts our self-esteem – the list goes on and on.
Hit the gym, equip your personal gym (if you have the ability), or simply go out for a walk or go running instead when you don’t have much time.
The most important thing is that you stay active throughout the week.
Constantly sitting at work and driving around in cars (even when we don’t really need to) are the main ways we destroy our health and our well-being. Be the change – stay active!
Love and respect everyone and everything around you
Love and respect are the most powerful emotions in the universe because they are filled with positive vibes.
Share love with your loved ones, animals, strangers, neighbours, colleagues, and so on.
Because sharing is caring! Instead of holding grudges, forgive and move on.
Love and respect everyone and everything around you regardless of their social status, importance and other factors.
Treat everyone with the same level of respect and kindness because this means being at peace with yourself and making the world a better place.
Visualize your goals and dreams
What is it that you want to achieve in life? What are your goals and dreams?
Do you want to find a better job, reconnect with a loved one, buy a new car, find a new apartment?
Whatever it is, one surefire way of achieving all those things is through visualization.
This means imagining that you already have all those things or that you will achieve them.
This practice is connected with The Law of Attraction that claims “you will attract into your life whatever you focus on“.
So, focus on all your goals and dreams and spend a few minutes daily (or whenever you can) visualizing them.
You can also put some pictures on the walls to serve as an instant reminder.
Connect with nature
One of the biggest drawbacks of the modern era is our tendency to spend the majority of our time in the virtual world of social media.
Instead of going outside to check the temperature, we do it via our smartphones.
Instead of socializing in person, we do it via social networks.
We live in a twisted world of toxic values and that is why it is important to connect with the physical world instead of (only) the virtual one.
Connect with nature, smell beautiful flowers, breathe fresh air, get your daily dose of vitamin D from the sun and spend as much time as you can outdoors.
One thing is sure: We cannot connect with our true self in the virtual world because everything about it is fake.
We create perfect lives on our profiles even though the reality is completely different.
We refuse to acknowledge our flaws and imperfections out of fear of being judged or alienated. But, guess what?
You are beautiful and special just the way you are. So, don’t be afraid to show the world your true colors.
Don’t be afraid to be natural and connect with nature.
We live in the world where our friends turn out to be our biggest enemies and where our enemies turn out to be our friends.
There is this constant toxicity in the air and it’s really hard to know who your true friends are.
By building a healthy social circle, your spiritual center will be stronger because you will get rid of all the negativity and toxicity.
So, choose carefully with whom you are spending your time.
If their presence doesn’t add any value to your life, consider re-evaluating your decision to hang out with them in the first place.
Surrounding yourself with inspiring and positive people will help you find spiritual balance and become the best version of yourself.
Expressing yourself means doing what makes you happy and it can be just about anything: journaling, drawing, dancing, singing, cooking, writing etc.
By doing all those things, you are expressing your passions which helps evoke a spiritual awakening.
You are giving a part of yourself and turning it into something palpable and meaningful.
There is nothing more powerful than that.
31 Inspirational Spiritual Balance Quotes
1. “Spiritual balance is the principle that allows the mind to be still. You cannot expect the world to settle down, everything to work out, in order for you to be happy. You have to get control of your mind.” – Frederick Lenz
2. “Fortunate, indeed, is the man who takes exactly the right measure of himself and holds a just balance between what he can acquire and what he can use.” – Peter Latham
3. “Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life – learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.” – Robert Fulgham
4. “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony.” – Thomas Merton
5. “Spiritual balance is tai chi. It is the center of things. It is the place where yin and yang meet. In the chakras, it is considered the heart chakra, anahata.” – Frederick Lenz
6. “Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them.” – Thomas Kinkade
7. “The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.” – Euripides
8. “Problems arise in that one has to find a balance between what people need from you and what you need for yourself.” – Jessye Norman
9. “A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.” – William Arthur Ward
10. “We come into this world head first and go out feet first; in between, it is all a matter of balance.” – Paul Boese
11. “The calm and balanced mind is the strong and great mind; the hurried and agitated mind is the weak one.” – Wallace D. Wattles
12. “Next to love, balance is the most important thing.” – John Wooden
13. “In all aspects of our lives balance is key. Doing one thing too much can cause upset, like the old saying goes, everything in moderation is the secret!” – Catherine Pulsifer
14. “The problem is that technology has become an extra limb for some of us. It’s important to utilize this technology, but at the same time it’s important to know when to take a break from it.” – Alex Broches, Start Living…Now!
15. “Spiritual balance is the ability to remain happy, to not be hostile to your neighbor when they are being hostile, and not to get caught up in the trivia.” – Frederick Lenz
16. “Like with anything in life, find the balance between too much work and being too lazy; between spending too much and being a scrooge; between being gone all the time and being in each other’s way; between talking each other’s ears off and dead silence.” – Christian Olsen, Marriage Tips
17. “The consistency in your person from home to work is vitally important so that you are in total balance at all times. Being out of balance means that your true self will start to be confused with what you pretend to be.” – Catherine Pulsifer
18. “While it is important to love others unselfishly, it is crucial to find a balance. When we compromise our needs and martyr ourselves to the point of depleting ourselves and neglecting our needs, we become out of balance.” – Jessica Minty, Codependency: Self Confidence
19. “Moderate activity can return us to fitness and continuous training will bring all the forces back in balance.” – Lorena Katz, Productivity: How To Be Productive
20. “As time progresses, increase the amount of time spent for self-improvement, and less time on the mental junk food. Create a healthy balance, it’s no different than indulging in some cake here and there. Moderation, moderation, moderation!” – Curt Hinson, Sleeping Giant No More
21. “Take some time to learn which opinions you need to value and which ones you simply need to stop listening to. Once you find the balance, you are one step closer to finding that confidence that you long for.” – Frankie Robinson
22. “Happiness depends on how you balance your life’s equations between positive and negative experiences and attitudes.” – Kall
23. “You need a balance in life between dealing with what’s going on inside and not being so absorbed in yourself that it takes over. – Nigella Lawson
24. “Balance is not something you find, it’s something you create.” – Jana Kingsford
25. “Balance your thoughts with action. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
26. “Achieve balance through the combined conscious states of the heart and mind.” – Steven Redhead
27. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” – Lalah Delia
28. “It’s always about finding the right balance between answering some questions and raising new ones to keep your story going.” – Oren Peli
29. “Joy lifts us up into the heavens, while grief pulls us down into the earth, and in this way they both help us maintain our emotional balance.” – Jessica Moore
30. “Nature does not take sides, it is just maintaining or restoring the balance.” – Mihail Militaru
31. “Spiritual balance is the obvious answer to the obsession that sometimes accompanies religious practice, occult practice, philosophical understandings – the assertion that one is right – that something that you’re doing is better than something somebody else is doing, the way you’re doing it is better than the way someone else is doing it.” – Frederick Lenz
Taking care of your mind, body and soul will help you unlock your true potential and achieve spiritual and life balance.
Remember that you have your own unique path which is not meant to be perfect and neither are you. You are meant to be YOU!