During adolescence, we go through many changes. Emotional changes are the most difficult to deal with. Teenagers start showing strong feelings and intense emotions during puberty.
It’s the time when we meet love for the first time and we deal with a whole range of feelings.
Teen love quotes will help you to cope with your pubescent roller-coaster of emotions and better understand that cute teenage love you’re feeling.
Some people say that teenage love is the purest, most honest love of all. But, it’s also a love that may leave you with your first broken heart.
Teen-hood can really be tough for some, and you may get overwhelmed with all those new feelings. At some point you may even feel anxious or depressed.
That’s why it’s important to open up to your close ones – trust me, you’re going to need all the help you can get! They’ve all gone through it and know how confusing and overwhelming this time can be.
Below are some of the most famous teenage love sayings and quotes for all teenagers in love.
Teenage Love Quotes
1. “Parents have this twisted belief that anyone under the age of about twenty simply can’t know what love is, like the age to love is assessed in the same way the law assesses the legal age to drink. They think that the ‘emotional growth’ of a teenager’s mind is too underdeveloped to understand love, to know if it’s ‘real’ or not. That’s completely asinine. The truth is that adults love in different ways, not the only way.” – J. A. Redmerski, “The Edge of Never”
2. “That was our mistake, I think. One of many mistakes. To believe that boys were acting with a logic that we could someday understand. To believe that their actions had any meaning beyond thoughtless impulse. We were like conspiracy theorists, seeing portent and intention in every detail, wishing desperately that we mattered enough to be the object of planning and speculation. But they were just boys. Silly and young and straightforward; they weren’t hiding anything.” – Emma Cline, “The Girls”
3. “First love, with its frantic haughty imagination, swings its object clear of the every day, over the rut of living, making him all looks, silences, gestures, attitudes, a burning phrase with no context.” – Elizabeth Bowen
4. “Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable.” – Henry Ward Beecher
5. “The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end.” – Benjamin Disraeli
6. “If you make a girl laugh, she likes you. If you make a girl cry, she loves you.” – Melchor Lim
7. “For the record, I would like to point out that it is NOT being obsessive to memorize a boy’s schedule so that you can accidentally bump into him. It is called being efficient.” – Jess Rothenberg
8. “The young habitually mistake lust for love, they’re infested with idealism of all kinds.” – Margaret Atwood
9. “No, this trick won’t work… How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” – Albert Einstein
10. “Every man is thoroughly happy twice in his life: just after he has met his first love, and just after he has left his last one.” – Henry Louis Mencken
11. “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Jalal Ad-Din Rumi
12. “I maybe had a first love and had my heart broken, but reflecting on it, I don’t think that was love. I think as I’m getting older and having more in-depth relationships, maybe I’ll experience it. At the moment, I don’t know, exactly, if I’ve been in love.” – Selena Gomez
13. “Talk not of wasted affection; affection never was wasted.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
14. “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” – Unknown
15. “People – not just in their teenage years – hold on to this fantasy of love when they’re not ready to have a real relationship.” – Keri Russell
16. “No boy is worth your teenage years!” – Hayley Williams
17. “My first love, I’ll never forget, and it’s such a big part of who I am, and in so many ways, we could never be together, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not forever. Because it is forever.” – Rashida Jones
18. “Love makes those young whom age doth chill, and whom he finds young keeps young still.” – William Cartwright
19. “A man always remembers his first love with special tenderness, but after that he begins to bunch them.” – H. L. Mencken
20. “First love is a kind of vaccination which saves a man from catching the complaint the second time.” – Honore de Balzac
21. “First love is ravaging – it just guts you in the most wonderful way, if you can see through it.” – Noah Centineo
22. “Love is when you can’t pay attention in class because you are forever writing your first name with his last.” – Unknown
23. “Many a young lady does not realize just how strong her love for a young man is until he fails to pass the approval test with her parents.” – Anonymous
24. “We are teenagers. We don’t have a manual or a written guide that tells us how to fall in love. We don’t even have experience of what love really is, so don’t judge us. We are what we are.” – Unknown
25. “They say we’re too young to love but maybe they’re too old to remember.” – Wiz Khalifa
26. “Lucky are those whose first love doesn’t teach them the lesson of ‘Moving on’…” – Unknown
27. “The loss of young first love is so painful that it borders on the ludicrous.” – Maya Angelou
28. “I don’t think boys understand that girls take everything they say to heart, whether it’s making fun of something they’ve said or a simple ‘you look nice today.’ Everything that is spoken or texted, even every smile spread in their direction is remembered. Girls have this weird sense of memory; we can’t remember where our hairbrush is, but God can we remember that half smirk that boy made when I spilled my water on my pants. And the fact that some boys aren’t aware of the little things we notice and take for granted is what really hurts. ” – Unknown
Cute Quotes About Teenage Love
29. “First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity.” – George Bernard Shaw
30. “I told him that I would love him with everything I had in me until the very end of everything, and I meant it.” – Sarah Ockler
31. “That amazing moment when your crush has a crush on you. It’s a wonderful feeling knowing that the person who you want to be in a relationship with likes or loves you back.” – Morgan Pierce
32. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
33. “Falling in love in your first teenage years is so exciting. That kinda love can never have a comparison and can never be matched again in your life, ever.” – Rock Tailor
34. “I’m so in love, every time I look at you my soul gets dizzy.” – Jaesse Tyler
35. “Just thinking about you brings a smile to face, a twinkle to my eye, and a skipped beat to my heart.” – Ash Sweeney
36. “The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.” – J. Krishnamurti
37. “High school is only four years, then I’ll love you for four more. Once we get married, I’ll love you a lifetime more.” – Unknown
38. “You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well.” – Unknown
39. “I want you to continue being the absolute best part of my life.” – Unknown
40. “You are my favorite notification.” – Unknown
41. “I love you. You annoy me more than I ever thought possible. But I want to spend every irritating minute with you.” – Unknown
42. “I’m not perfect. I’ll annoy you, piss you off, say stupid things, then take it all back. But put that all aside and you’ll never find a person who cares or loves you more than me.” – Unknown
43. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne, “Winnie the Pooh”
44. “Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” – Anna (Julia Roberts) to William (Hugh Grant), “Notting Hill”
Motivational Love Quotes For Teens
Relationships can be hard for teenagers. In your teen years, every person and every relationship can affect your self-esteem and self-confidence.
One thing you should know about true love: Love is never going to hurt you; loving the wrong person will. That’s why you should always be careful who you give your heart to.
These inspirational quotes can help you to understand the real meaning of true love.
45. “Love is like playing the piano. First, you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.” – Tyne Daly
46. “Love is as strict as acting. If you want to love somebody, stand there and do it. If you don’t, don’t. There are no other choices.” – William Wordsworth
47. “The little-unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person’s life.” – Unknown
48. “Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.” – Mark Overby
49. “Age does not protect you from love, but love, to some extent, protects you from age.” – Anais Nin
50. “In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything and two minus one equals nothing. No one can tell anyone what love is; you will simply know it when you feel nothing else. Love can happen anywhere at any time and almost always, when we least expect it.” – Unknown
51. “Love is indescribable and unconditional. I could tell you a thousand things that it is not, but not one that it is.” – Duke Ellington
52. “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
53. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Harry (Billy Crystal), “When Harry Met Sally”
54. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” – Nicholas Sparks, “The Notebook”
55. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
56. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” – Jodi Picoult, “My Sister’s Keeper”
57. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao-Tzu
58. “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” – Julia Roberts
59. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.” – Nat King Cole, “Nature Boy”
60. “And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.” – Sir Paul McCartney (The Beatles), “The End”
61. “Someone who really loves you sees what a mess you can be, how moody you can get, how hard you are to handle, but still wants you.” – Unknown
62. “Real love doesn’t meet you at your best. It meets you in your mess.” – Unknown
63. “Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all.” – Ernest Hemingway
64. “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” – Paulo Coelho
65. “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” – Andre Breton
66. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein