When you think of unconditional love, what’s the first thing that pops into your head? For me, it’s the love a parent has for their child. What’s more genuine and deeper than that?
Only the love between family members can truly be described as the purest love of all.
Some of the best unconditional love quotes are precisely those about the intense love within close-knit families.
And here, you’ll find the most meaningful sayings for all of your family members including children and your cherished loved ones!
What is the meaning of unconditional love?
The meaning hides in the (seemingly) little things. Loving your child through thick and thin. Appreciating your partner for who they are and never trying to change their flaws.
Understanding that love means being there for the good days as well as the bad ones.
It’s the comfortable feeling you have around a person, knowing that their love is not going anywhere. Knowing that no matter how stormy it gets, they’re going to weather it with you.
Be it your mother, your father, a child or your partner, the gift of unconditional love is felt and requires no explanation.
Here is a collection of truly inspirational quotes about love that you can share with those you cherish with the strongest of intentions.
See also: 150 Creative Ways To Say ‘I Love You‘ To Your Special Someone
Family Unconditional Love Quotes
Family members share a bond that’s unlike any other. You love them, hate them, get annoyed at them but at the end of the day, life without them would simply be unbearable.
Here are the best quotes that describe just that! If you have a family who can get on your nerves but you still love them unconditionally, these are for you.
1. “Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” — Bob Marley
2. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” — William Shakespeare.
3. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.”— Mitch Albom
4. “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return.” — Madonna
5. “Once you learn to accept and love them for who they are, you subconsciously learn to love yourself unconditionally.” — Yvonne Pierre
6. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car but because they sing a song only you can hear.” — Unknown
7. “If you just believe in me, I will love you endlessly.” — Mariah Carey8. “As we grow older together, as we continue to change with age, there is one thing that will never change. I will always keep falling in love with you.” — Karen Clodfelder
8. “If someone is facing a difficult time, one of the kindest things you can do for him or her is to say, ‘I’m going to love you through this.'” — Molly Friedenfeld
9. “If a dog can love us unconditionally, why can’t we love each other the same way?” — Carol McKibben
10. “I love you without knowing how or when or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride.” — Pablo Neruda
11. “The only way love can last a lifetime is if it’s unconditional.” — Stephen Kendrick
12. “Just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.” — Unknown
13. “Love me without restriction. Trust me without fear. Want me without a demand. Accept me for who I am.” — Unknown
14. “I do not want to change anything in you. I love you the way you are.” — Unknown
15. “I don’t want someone who sees the good in me. I want someone who sees the bad and still loves me.” — Unknown
16. “Actual love, as in unconditional love, doesn’t mean you love everything about the person. It means you don’t need them to be different than they are for you to be happy.” — Unknown
17. “The most memorable people in life will be the friends who loved you when you weren’t very lovable.” — Unknown
18. “Find a heart that will love you at your worst and arms that will hold you at your weakest.” — Unknown
19. “When someone else’s happiness is your happiness, that is love.” — Lana Del Rey
See also: Lightworker: 22 Foolproof Signs You’re One Of The ‘Earth Angels’
Unconditional Love Quotes For A Child
A parent’s love for their child knows no bounds. It’s difficult to comprehend yet so profound to experience.
Here are some uniquely inspirational quotes on unconditional love—the deepest one of them all. Hopefully, you will recognize yourselves in these quotes.
1. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” ― Mitch Albom
2. “God, he suddenly understood, was love in its purest form, and in these last months with his children, he had felt His touch as surely as he had heard the music spilling from Ronnie’s hands.” ― Nicholas Sparks
3. “You don’t know what unconditional love is. You may say you do, but if you do not have a child, you do not know what that is. But when you experience it, it is the most fulfilling ever.” ― Regina King
4. “The greatest thing a father can do for his children is to respect the woman that gave birth to his children. It is because of her that you have the greatest treasures in your life. You may have moved on, but your children have not. If you cannot be her soulmate, then at least be thoughtful.” ― Shannon L. Alder
5. “Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.” ― H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
6. “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Whom your children love should always be someone that you acknowledge with kindness. Your children notice everything and will follow your example.” ― Shannon L. Alder
8. “Accept the children the way we accept trees—with gratitude because they are a blessing—but do not have expectations or desires. You do not expect trees to change, you love them as they are.” ― Isabel Allende
9. “You can only have one first born child. You might love all your children deeply with passion, but there is always something unique about the first one.” ― Raymond E. Feist
10. “That’s the way it is with firstborns. Mom and Dad may think they are in charge, but the firstborn knows better, and so does the youngest sibling.” ― Kevin Leman
11. “The right of the firstborn gives the man the right to yield seed.” ― Sunday Adelaja
12. “Having a child, particularly your first child is such a life-changing moment. Nothing can really prepare you for that.” ― Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge
13. “In a big family, the first child is kind of like the first pancake. If it’s not perfect, that’s okay, there are a lot more coming along.” ― Antonin Scalia
14. “My first child is going to be the oldest sibling to the next kid, and that may change with each and every year. I’m looking forward to how one baby influences the other, and to my family as a whole, to every single chapter.” ― Blake Lively
15. “Being a parent is not for the faint of heart. I may joke about knowing fear, but the fact is, the first time I ever knew real fear was the day Charlotte, my first child, was born. Suddenly there is someone in the world you care about more than anything.” ― Harlan Coben
16. “Unconditional love is loving someone beyond their limits and yours.” ― Unknown
17. “Unconditional love really exists in each of us. It is part of our deep inner being. It is not so much an active emotion as a state of being.” – Ram Dass
18. “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves.” ― Thomas Merton
19. ”To give and not expect return, that is what lies at the heart of love.” ― Oscar Wilde
20. ”The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.” ― Brian Tracy
See also: Why Can’t I Find Love? 10 Issues Stopping You From Finding The One
Unconditional Love Quotes For Him And Her
What would life be like without the person who makes all of your worries disappear by just appearing in front of your eyes? Empty.
To celebrate the unconditional love you share with your loving partner, here are the best quotes that represent your bond better than anything you’ve ever heard before.
1. ‘’The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.’’ ― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
2. ‘’Unconditional love is an illogical notion, but such a great and powerful one.’’ ― A.J. Jacobs
3. ‘’The unconditional love of God leads to a life of freedom and transforms each day into a potentially wild adventure.’’ ― Randy Elrod
4. ‘’True unconditional love starts from you to you. Stop waiting on others to give it to you.’’ ― Edmond Mbiaka
5. ‘’Unconditional love is the greatest gift of all.’’ ― Sylvia Massara
RELATED: 90 Romantic ‘Thinking Of You’ Messages For Your Loved One
6. ‘’The only way love can last a lifetime is if it’s unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.’’ ― Stephen Kendrick
7. ‘’Unconditional Love is the outer expression of Inner Peace.’’ ― Alaric Hutchinson
8. ‘’Unconditional love is hard to compete with.’’ — Abbi Glines
9. ‘’What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.‘’ ― Nicholas Sparks
10. ‘’When we make the choice to fill our heart space with unconditional love, our worlds blossom into a beauty far greater than we have known.’’ ― Rio Godfrey
11. ‘’Remember, in our inmost being, we are all completely lovable because spirit is love. Beyond what anyone can make you think or feel about yourself, your unconditioned spirit stands, shining with a love nothing can tarnish.’’ ― Deepak Chopra
12. ‘’Love expects no reward. Love knows no fear. Love Divine gives – does not demand. Love thinks no evil; imputes no motive. To Love is to share and serve.’’ ― Swami Sivananda
13. ‘’Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.’’ ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
14. ‘’Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.’’ ― H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
15. ‘’One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.’’ ― Paulo Coelho
16. ‘’Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.’’ ― Maya Angelou
17. ‘’Intense love does not measure, it just gives.’’ ― Mother Teresa
18. ‘’Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.’’ ― Wayne Dyer
19. ‘’Don’t do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul.’’ ― Henry Rollins
20. ‘’We all want to be in love and find that person who is going to love us no matter how our feet smell, no matter how angry we get one day, no matter the things we say that we don’t mean.’’ ― Will Smith
21. ‘’We do not judge the people we love.’’ ― Jean-Paul Sartre
22. “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.’’ ― Julia Roberts
23. “Love is all, it gives all, and it takes all.’’ ― Soren Kierkegaard
24. “My love for you overflows like a stream of waterfall. You may make mistakes and we may fight but I will always love you unconditionally, just as you are.’’ ― Tanisha Lakes
25. “Accepting someone with all their faults and failings without expecting anything in return is hard. But that is what true love is all about.’’ ― Allison Maine
26. “Anyone can love according to their convenience. True love is tested when you have to love someone even when they do not love you back in the same way.’’ ― Unknown
27. ‘’There are people who wish to love more and give more of themselves. They find out that the highest form of love is unconditional.’’ ― Unknown
28. “The only love worthy of a name is unconditional.’’ ― John Powell
29. “Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means.’’ ― Leo Buscaglia
30. “Unconditional love never imposes, never tries to change the other person.” ― Thomas Merton
See also: Topics To Talk About With A Guy: The Ultimate List Of 35 Conversation Starters
Whether you’re deeply in love and wish to express your emotions to your partner or if you’re a parent who loves their child endlessly, these unconditional love quotes perfectly describe all that this intense feeling entails.
Sometimes, love can be difficult to explain with words but I believe that these quotes perfectly encapsulate how deep and pure it can be!
I hope you enjoyed these quotes, as well as the bond you share with your nearest and dearest.
Life is too short to keep your emotions hidden. If you love, do it with intention and don’t stop until your very last breath.
True love is what makes all of life’s ups and downs well worth it!
See also: 10 Crucial Differences Between Love And Infatuation