Do you know what undying love truly means? It’s so much more than what we watch on TV shows or read in romance novels and books.
I searched for its meaning in an English dictionary and it explains it as ‘having strong feelings for another person that are unlikely to change’.
Would you agree with this definition? Honestly, I can’t agree with it because for me, it’s a poor and oversimplified definition. The part ‘unlikely to change’ sounds especially wrong to me.
Undying love is constant; it’s permanent and eternal. For me, it’s a love story of two people that has no ending. It’s that special, real, true love that not even death can break.
Unfortunately, most people use and understand those two words very incorrectly nowadays.
They say it when they don’t actually mean or feel it, and that’s why it has become hard for us to believe in this kind of love today.
But, trust me, it does exist and you should never lose faith in it because one day, it’ll happen to you. One day, you’ll meet your soulmate and they’ll show you how special and beautiful that feeling truly is.
What is undying love?
Most people would say that it’s the same as true love, but I say that it’s way more than that.
You can truly love someone, and one day, your feelings can simply disappear… you can leave that person and forget about them as you never really loved them.
Well, that’s the main difference between undying and true love. When it comes to undying love, there is no forgetting.
Your feelings for the other person will never go away completely no matter what happens between you.
You’ll love them forever and even more than that. You’ll love them even if God takes them away from you.
That love will be the only constant in your life. All other things in your life can change, but your feelings for that person will always stay the same.
When we think of that undying, eternal love, two things come to our mind. The first one is the love we have for our Creator, and the second one is the love that a parent has for his or her child.
I think we would all agree that those are the purest, deepest, strongest and most powerful kinds of love, and those types of love are definitely the most real definitions of undying love.
This eternal kind of love creates a bond between two people… a strong and powerful bond that no one and nothing can ever break.
It’s when two people decide to walk through life holding hands together and promise each other they’ll never let go of each other’s hand no matter what.
This undying, eternal love means loving someone for who they truly are. It means loving someone deeply, honestly and unconditionally despite all the flaws and imperfections that person may have.
When we have that undying kind of love for someone, that person becomes your world. You’re ready to sacrifice everything to keep them by your side.
Your main goal for the rest of your life will be making that person feel respected, supported and, of course, most importantly, loved.
Now, you may be thinking about how it’s the same as loving someone unconditionally.
Yes, unconditional love is quite similar to undying love, but once again, it can also disappear while this undying type of love can’t.
And, that’s what makes it so special, so unique. That’s what makes it the purest and deepest kind of love. That’s why this eternal kind of love is the most powerful force in the entire universe.
8 Healthy ways to practice undying love in a relationship
If you promise yourself to someone by undying love, it means that you have to be committed to them and them only.
This means you have to trust them completely and show them they can trust you, too.
It means you have to accept that person for who they are and not try to change them in any way. You must embrace their flaws and imperfections and love them despite all of that.
That person should be involved in all of your plans for the future because, after all, they’re the only ones you see yourself with in your future.
Celebrate your love every day
Your love is your greatest motivator in life and it deserves to be celebrated every day. Don’t ever take your significant other for granted because they should always be on the very top of your priority list.
Find a way to show your partner every day how much you love them and how much they mean to you.
They have the most special place in your life and in your heart, and you should constantly remind them of that.
Every day is Valentine’s Day for couples who love each other in this eternal, undying kind of way.
You must keep that spark alive in your relationship because without it, you won’t be able to keep that promise of undying love.
Putting their needs equal to or above your own
When you truly love someone and you think you’ll love them forever, their needs will be equally or even more important than your own.
Undying love is unselfish. This means that you’re willing to put the happiness of another person ahead of your own.
That doesn’t mean you should be ignoring your own needs; it simply means that you’re prioritizing your love above everything else.
Spending quality time together
If you feel this type of love for someone, you’ll make that person a priority in your life. That means that you’ll always be willing to make time for them if they need you, even in your busiest schedule.
No matter how long you two are together, you’ll still be trying to get to know each other because you’ll want to know every little thing about your partner, and that will, for sure, create a strong, unbreakable bond between you.
Be their biggest fan
No matter what your partner wants to do, and even if you don’t agree with their decisions sometimes, you should always be right behind them supporting them in every step they make in life.
Always being there for your partner is true, everlasting love. Your relationship will always be a work in progress, so put the effort in it together, build it together and you’ll grow old together.
Physical love is important, too
Intimacy and physical touch also play a great role in expressing your eternal love for your SO. That’s what keeps that flame burning in your relationship.
Kiss your partner unexpectedly. Kiss their hand or kiss them on the forehead. Show your love through physical touch as it will improve the trust between you and strengthen your emotional connection, too.
Be more affectionate
Don’t be romantic and affectionate only on some special occasions. Your partner deserves to be spoiled with affection every single day.
They should be constantly reminded of how much you love and care for them. You should try to show them how much they mean to you every day.
Don’t wait for some special occasion to surprise them with a gift. Buy them a piece of jewelry or a new book just because, and add a greeting card with a beautiful romantic message in it.
Plan a romantic weekend getaway for just the two of you. Be silly and flirty around each other, and no matter how long you are together, you should always behave like two ‘crazy in love’ teenagers.
Little things matter the most
The true story is that little things matter the most when it comes to this undying, eternal kind of love.
This is how you interact and behave with your partner every day. It’s that good night kiss you give to them every night before bedtime just to wish them sweet dreams.
It’s when you text them in the middle of the day just to say you miss them or to see how they are.
It’s when you give them a little back massage after they have had an exhausting day at work or the little love notes you leave in their lunch box or around the house.
That’s also when you surprise them with a gift without any reason or when you cook their favorite meal and surprise them with a romantic dinner.
Those are some little things we can do every day for our loved ones, and those things matter the most because they are actually the greatest indicator of undying love.
Undying love quotes
The true meaning of undying love can also be explained simply through these following quotes, so it’s definitely important to check them out, too.
Also, I spoke about those little things that matter the most in a relationship, well, this is your chance to be romantic and show your SO how much you love them.
1. “Loyalty ignites undying love.” – Shubha Vilas
2. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning, a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” – Bruce Lee
3. “Then, I smile, and in haste . . . I can’t help it! I worship your silhouette. How I gaze and can’t help but stare. I place my hands in your red hair. It is wonderful knowing you have found my undying love. But, now I’ll end this and say goodnight and await the day to be with you through the night and wake with you in my arms underneath the morning light.” – Hazel Cartwright
4. “Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns calls me on and on across the universe.” – John Lennon
5. “A man who had never spoken love to me, who had never needed to, for I knew he loved me as surely as I knew I lived. For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary. It is all. It is undying. And, it is enough.” – Diana Gabaldon
6. “The three ingredients of a successful union between two… humor, commitment and undying love.” – Bill Cosby
7. “Undying love, attention and sacrifice is an essential fuel for relations.” – Alok Jagawat
8. “I have nothing to offer you other than the undying love of my broken heart.” – Angivel of Zanarcadia
9. “Love, for some people, is undying even if one lost the partner.” – Diana Palmer
10. “Love is undying, of that I feel certain. I mean deep, abiding, cherishing love. The love that gives protection even as you, my guardian angel, gave me protection long after you had gone, and continue to give this very day… A love beyond Death – a love that makes Life alive!” – Ruskin Bond
11. “The lesson learned: never take your loved ones for granted. And, if you’re ever lucky enough to find that one person in life who makes you love more than any other person could possibly make you love, you treat every day together as if it were your last. You cherish every moment.” – Sebastian Cole, Sand Dollar: A Story of Undying Love
12. “If she loves you back, no woman is going to complain about the hour if a man calls her to proclaim his undying love.” – Linda Kage
13. “You might never comprehend my madness, but it stands behind my undying love for you. You’re the object of my everything. I’m sorry I’ve been stupid lately.” – Crystal Woods, Write like no one is reading 2
14. “Before you pledge your undying love to someone, make them promise they won’t die.” – Robert Breault
15. “Do not think of this as the end. Think of this as the beginning of eternity together. I have always loved you, I will always love you. Heaven will not stand between us and Hell hath no fury that can burn bright enough to keep me from you.” – Grace Willows, The Write To Love
16. “Did she still love him like she said she always would? Time changes people, and even those who claim undying love have a change of heart when they’re hurt.” – Ella Dominguez
17. “Papa loves you with a dying and infernal love,” the youngest girl said. “Undying,” the eldest girl corrected. “And eternal.” – Martine Leavitt
18. “I loved him. I hated him. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to strangle him. I was a walking, talking contradiction. There were days I was so torn by my conflicting emotions that I thought I would be ripped in half. Staring at my best friend and secret object of my undying love, I wondered if I would ever get off this crazy train of emotions swirling around inside me. I didn’t like feeling this way, but the truth was I couldn’t remember a time I didn’t feel this aching need to completely immerse myself in all things Daniel Lowe.” – A. Meredith Walters
19. “One day, you will be old and wrinkled and I will still love you.” – V.E. Schwab
20. “Undying love is the key to many locks.” – Alok Jagawat
Undying love is the purest, the most beautiful, and the most honest kind of love. But, unfortunately, it’s very rare today.
It got lost somewhere in this bad, very damaged world. It just couldn’t survive in these bad times because it’s so pure and honest. Nowadays, love, in general, has become a simple word for some people.
You can’t believe when someone says that the love they feel for you is eternal because that’s too strong of a feeling to believe from someone just like that.
If you have someone who has proved they love you honestly and unconditionally, then I honestly advise you to take care of that person and reciprocate those feelings in the same way.
It’s truly very rare today to meet someone who’ll love you that way, so if you’re such a lucky person, hold on to that person and don’t ever let them go.
If you’ve met that kind of love, don’t you ever do something to jeopardize it, and be thankful to God every second of your life for Him giving you the opportunity and sending you the person who has changed your entire thinking about true, undying love.