Life takes its turns, people come and go, relationships end, but a true friend is someone who will be by your side forever.
Friendships, the ones that are true and genuine at least, are not something that you can find easily these days.
The world is filled with people who have higher agendas, who are there until you benefit them and after that, they are nowhere to be found.
They will be there when everything is good, when you are happy, but in your time of need, they disappear. Instead of being there, they turn their back.
To have someone who knows you deep inside, someone who loves you unconditionally and someone who will always be sincere and honest with you, is something to be valued.
It’s time to take a moment and send that ‘Thank you for being my friend’ text to your friend. We get so caught up with life that we forget to say to our friends just how much they mean to us.
Thank you for being my friend quotes:
1. “In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips.” Unknown
2. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” William Shakespeare
3. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” Walter Winchell
4. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” Helen Keller
5. “Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.” Octavia Butler
6. “You are my best friend, my human diary, and my other half. You mean the world to me and I love you.” Unknown
7. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.” Unknown
9. “Friends are like guardian angels who lift you up when your wings have forgotten how to fly.” Unknown
10. “If you have one true friend you have more than your share.” Thomas Fuller
11. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” Oprah Winfrey
12. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” Irish Proverb
13. “A best friend is someone who tells you the truth even when you don’t want to hear it.” Unknown
14. “Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives. Alexandre Dumas
15. “Friendship is what gets you through the bad times and helps you enjoy the good times.” Unknown
16. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.” Jane Austen
17. “Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend.” Bill Watterson
18. “Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for your part in my journey.” Unknown
19. “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” Albert Camus
20. “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest, it’s about who walked into your life, said ‘I’m here for you,’ and proved it.” Unknown
21. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” Elie Wiesel
22. “It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters.” Unknown
23. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself—and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them.” Jim Morrison
24. “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.” N. R. Hart
25. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” Marlene Dietrich
27. “True friends don’t judge each other, they judge other people together.” Unknown
28. “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them. Anna Taylor
29. “The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life and make you see sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too. The people that love yours simply for being you. The once in a lifetime kind of people.” Unknown
30. “The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends. Gwyneth Paltrow
Thank you for being my friend texts:
1. Thank you for being grounded enough to pray for me, hope for me, and laugh with me. That’s what matters. That’s what friendship is all about.
2. Thank you for being brutally honest. I can count on you to give it to me straight. I know that even when your tongue is sharpest, you are just completely honest and have my happiness and best interests at heart.
3. You were someone who came into my life by accident. I didn’t expect we would get along this incredibly well. But it turned out you were a blessing in disguise. Thank you for showing me what having a best friend really means.
4. Like many amazing things in life, our friendship came unexpectedly and I hope it’s here to stay until the end of our days.
5. It’s amazing to have someone in your life who makes you laugh so hard your stomach aches. What’s even more amazing is that the same person is there to wipe your tears and listen to your life’s drama over and over again. Thank you for being my friend.
6. If you weren’t stuck by my side through thick and thin, I don’t know where I would be now. Thank you for being there. Thank you for love. Thank you for friendship.
7. You know that something’s going on in my life before I even tell you. It’s like you have a sixth sense and know when to text me. I am so happy to have a friend I am so close to. You truly are my soulmate.
8. I must have done something right in my life to have you as a friend.
9. Thank you for the ears that listen to my pointless dramas over and over again. Thank you for tons of laughter. Thank you for being someone I can lean on at all times. Thank you for being you.
10. You know it’s true what they say—friendship isn’t about who’s been there the longest, it’s about who is there for you at all times. Thank you for sticking by my side; you are a friend anyone would be lucky to have.
11. Thank you for someone who finds joy in my happy times. Thank you for being there to carry the burden of my tears. Thank you for being my person.
12. You are the most incredible friend person I ever came across. I am so incredibly grateful God made us friends.
13. Thank you for being my kind of crazy.
14. All the most epic memories I have always involve you; that’s definitely a sign that one of us is a bad influence. Let’s make a lifetime of memories discovering which one of us.
15. You are the only one who sees right through me and knows when I need a hug more than anything. Thank you for all the times you knew me better than I knew myself. You mean the world to me.
16. Thank you for those little big things that mean a lot. They tell me I have someone who cares for me at all times. They say I have met my match because you are the only one who shares my unique sense of humor.
17. Thank you for silencing my overthinking. Thank you for being the voice of reason when I’m in too deep. Thank you for keeping my secrets. Thank you for your trust. Thank you for being the best friend a person can have.
18. You make me laugh a little louder, you make me worry a little less, you make my life a whole lot better.
19. Thank you for never looking at your schedule when I need you the most. Thank you for making me one of your priorities. Thank you for the friendship, love, and understanding. I am blessed to have you in my life.
20. Thank you for being your incredible self. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on. Thank you for being happy for me.Thank you for being there no matter what. Thank you for keeping my secrets and sharing yours. Thank you for the respect. Thank you for being my friend.