The bond between best friends is one of the rare bonds that can’t be broken no matter what. That unconditional type of love; that honest and strong connection truly deserves to be celebrated every single day.
And, that’s exactly the reason why I gathered the best short friendship quotes I found online into this huge collection.
True friends are like stars. Their bright light makes our life so much better. However, they, too, like the real stars, can shut down or disappear if they aren’t being treated the way they deserve.
The truth is that friendship, like all the other precious things, is too fragile. It needs to be handled with care, and it really needs to be nurtured in order to make it last.
Remind your friends how much your friendship really means to you every day with this wonderful collection of funny, deep, and sweet friendship quotes.
What Is Friendship Quotes
I have to agree that love is the most powerful force in the world. However, the bond and love that true friends share are very close to it. These true friendship quotes below are the best examples of it.
1. “The feeling of friendship is like that of being comfortably filled with roast beef; love, like being enlivened with champagne.” – Samuel Johnson
2. “[The greatest gift in life] is the gift of friendship, and I have received it; the greatest healing therapy is friendship.” – Hubert Humphrey
3. “Friendship is accepting a person with all their qualities — good and bad.” – Mohanlal
4. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession; friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
5. “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” – Aristotle
6. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – Woodrow Wilson
7. “Friendship’s the wine of life.” – Edward Young
8. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
9. “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” – Henry David Thoreau
10. “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest; it’s about who walked into your life, said, “I’m here for you”, and proved it.” – Unknown
11. “The essence of true friendship is to make allowance for another’s little lapses.” – David Storey
12. “Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends, even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious.” – Thomas Aquinas
13. “Friendship is a sheltering tree.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
14. “A friend is an emotional bond, just like friendship is a human experience.” – Simon Sinek
15. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca16. “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” – Henry David Thoreau
17. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces, but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” – Richard Burton
18. “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation and doesn’t always need togetherness. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part.” – Unknown
19. “Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends.” – Euripides
20. “Friendship — my definition — is built on two things: respect and trust. Both elements have to be there, and it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don’t have trust, the friendship will crumble.” – Stieg Larsson
21. “Real friendship, like real poetry, is extremely rare — and precious as a pearl.” – Tahar Ben Jelloun
22. “Best friends are the people in your life who make you laugh louder, smile brighter, and live better.” – Unknown
23. “Friendship isn’t a big thing — it’s a million little things.” – Paulo Coelho
24. “Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.” – Jon Katz
25. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But, if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
26. “Life is nothing without friendship.” – Cicero
27. “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.” – Khalil Gibran
28. “Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words.” – George Eliot.
29. “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” – Thomas Aquinas
30. “Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.” – Samuel Butler
31. “It’s amazing to have someone in your life who makes you laugh so hard your stomach aches. What’s even more amazing is that the same person is there to wipe your tears and listen to your life’s drama over and over again. Thank you for being my friend.” – Unknown
Short Quotes About Friendship
You need a cute caption for the photo of you and your bestie or some best friend day quotes? Actually, it doesn’t matter because I’m sure you’ll find whatever you’re looking for in this list of short quotes on friendship below.
1. “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
2. “The love that comes from friendship is the underlying facet of a happy life.” – Chelsea Handler
3. “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be.” – Winnie The Pooh
4. “A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” – Lois Wyse
5. “Fake friends believe in rumors; real friends believe in you.” – Unknown
6. “True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.” – Unknown
7. “Each new friendship can make you a new person because it opens up new doors inside of you.” – Kate DiCamillo
8. “Having a few true friends is better than having a thousand fake ones.” – Unknown
9. “In my friend, I find a second self.” – Isabel Norton
10. “Sometimes, being with your best friend is all the therapy you need.” – Unknown
11. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” – Marlene Dietrich
12. “That’s when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you – the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you – because that is what people are supposed to do.” – R. J. L.
13. “Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.” – Richard Bach
14. “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” – Orson Welles.
15. “Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another.” – Eustace Budgell16. “What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.” – C.S. Lewis
17. “Friendship is a wildly underrated medication.” – Anna Deavere Smith
18. “A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.” – Charles Darwin
19. “Without friends, no one would want to live, even if he had all other goods.” – Aristotle
20. “Best friends don’t necessarily have to talk every day. They don’t even need to talk for weeks. But, when they do, it’s like they never stopped talking.” – Unknown
21. “Friends… they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams.” – Henry David Thoreau
22. “When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands.” – Maria Shriver
23. “Every new friend is a new adventure… the start of more memories.” – Patrick Lindsay
24. “A real friend respects who you are and encourages you to become who you are.” – Unknown
25. “True friends aren’t the ones who make your problems disappear. They are the ones who won’t disappear when you’re facing problems.” – Unknown
26. “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” – Unknown
27. “Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.” – Henry David Thoreau
28. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
29. “Man’s best support is a very dear friend.” – Cicero
30. “When it hurts to look back and you’re afraid to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.” – Unknown31. “Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.” – Francesco Guicciardini
32. “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” – Euripides
33. “Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” – Sarah Dessen
34. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
35. “Good friends help you find important things when you have lost them… your smile, your hope, and your courage.” – Doe Zantamata
36. “There are three things that grow more precious with age; old wood to burn, old books to read, and old friends to enjoy.” – Henry Ford
37. “A real friendship should not fade as time passes, and should not weaken because of space separation.” – John Newton
38. “The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” – Eugene Kennedy
39. “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” – Mencius
40. “Some people go to priests. Others to poetry. I go to my friends.” – Virginia Woolf
41. “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” – Unknown
42. “There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
43. “A good friend knows all your stories. A best friend helped you create them.” – Unknown
44. “Remember, George, no man is a failure who has friends.” – It’s a Wonderful Life
45. “But, friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement, the greater part of life is sunshine.” – Thomas Jefferson46. “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” – Shanna Rodriguez
47. “Time doesn’t take away from friendship, nor does separation.” – Tennessee Williams
48. “Throughout life, you will meet one person who is like no other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored; you could tell this person things and they will never judge you. This person is your soulmate, your best friend. Don’t ever let them go.” – Unknown
49. “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
50. “I value the friend who, for me, finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who, for me, does not consult his calendar.” – Robert Brault
51. “‘Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” – Charles Lamb
52. “The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.” – Aristotle
Cute Short Friendship Quotes
All the real beauty of friendship is hidden in this list of the cutest best friend quotes below.
1. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
2. “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” – Unknown
3. “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.” – Winnie The Pooh
4. “I found out what the secret to life is — friends. Best friends.” – Fried Green Tomatoes
5. “There are friendships imprinted in our hearts that will never be diminished by time and distance.” – Dodinsky
6. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time, we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
7. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You, too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis
8. “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
9. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
10. “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” – Proverbs 27:9
11. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” – Leo Buscaglia
12. “In the sweetness of friendship, let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” – Khalil Gibran
13. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
14. “A friend is someone who helps you up when you’re down, and if they can’t, they lay down beside you and listen.” – Winnie The Pooh
Short Deep Friendship Quotes
For more inspirational and deep quotes about true friends, explore the following list of meaningful short friendship quotes.
1. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” – Thomas J. Watson
3. “True friends are never apart; maybe in distance, but never in heart.” – Helen Keller
4. “One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.” – George Santayana
5. “Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.” – Oscar Wilde
6. “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life — and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” – Dean Koontz
7. “Of all the things which wisdom provides, the greatest is the possession of friendship.” – Epicurus.
8. “Every friendship goes through ups and downs. Dysfunctional patterns set in; external situations cause internal friction; you grow apart and then bounce back together.” – Mariella Frostrup
9. “True friends stab you in the front.” – Oscar Wilde
10. “Friendship is a pretty full-time occupation if you really are friendly with somebody. You can’t have too many friends because then, you’re just not really friends.” – Truman Capote
11. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
13. “Be slow to fall into friendship, but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.” – Socrates
14. “One friend in a storm is worth more than a thousand friends in the sunshine.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
15. “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening fruit.” – Aristotle
16. “A friendship that can be ended didn’t ever start.” – Mellin De Saint-Gelais
17. “You don’t lose friends because a real friend can never be lost. You lost people masquerading as friends and you’re better for it.” – Unknown18. “The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.” – Henry David Thoreau
19. “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” – Euripides
20. “No friendship is an accident.” – O. Henry
21. “Sometimes, being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence; a time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And, a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.” – Octavia Butler
22. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb
23. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elisabeth Foley
24. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
25. “Each friend represents a world in us; a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
26. “There’s not a word yet for old friends who I’ve just met.” – Jim Henson
27. “You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.” – Elizabeth Taylor
Funny Short Friendship Quotes
This list of funny friendship quotes will make you LOL that’s for sure. Share them on your social media or with your besties ASAP and make them laugh, too.
1. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” – Ed Cunningham
3. “True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi connects automatically.” – Unknown
4. “Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap.” – Unknown
5. “You are my best friend because I wouldn’t dare be this weird with anyone else.” – Unknown
6. “You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend. I’ll train you.” – Unknown
7. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
8. “Never let your best friends get lonely… keep disturbing them.” – Candlelight Publications
9. “We will always be best friends until we are old and senile. Then, we can be new friends.” – Unknown
10. “Strangers think I’m quiet, my friends think I’m outgoing, but my best friends know that I’m completely insane.” – Unknown11. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” – Markus Zusak.
12. “Best friends don’t care if your house is clean. They care if you have wine.” – Unknown
13. “As much as a BFF can make you go WTF, there’s no denying we’d be a little less rich without them.” – Gossip Girl
14. “There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson
15. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – Bernard Meltzer
16. “Friends knock on the door. Best friends walk into your house and start eating.” – Unknown
17. “Friendship is so weird… you just pick a human you’ve met and you’re like ‘Yep, I like this one’ and you just do stuff with them.” – Unknown
18. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself, he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” – Laurence J. Peter
19. “God made us best friends because he knew our moms couldn’t handle us as sisters.” – Unknown
20. “Friendship is finding that special someone you can enjoy being a dumbass with.” – Unknown
21. “A good friend knows how you take your coffee. A great friend adds booze.” – Unknown
22. “I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends.” – Unknown
Small Circle Of Friends Quotes
The truth is, you can never have too many best friends. A maximum of 2 to 3 people are actually your BFs; all the other ones are just ‘friends’ or acquaintances. They are people with whom you do hang, but don’t share your deepest secrets, sorrows, and hopes.
The point is that you should keep a small circle of people whom you trust completely. These quotes below show us that when it comes to friendship, it’s all about quality, and quantity isn’t important at all.
1. “Surround yourself with those who won’t compete, but will revel in your success and see your ascent as a reflection of their own possibilities.” – T. D. Jakes.
2. “I keep my circle small. I would rather be able to count on a few people 100% than to have hella people who’re never there for me.” – Unknown
3. “When we have a circle of friends, we have more fun. We get more done, we feel and are stronger, and we really do celebrate the power of our ‘us.'” – Mary Anne Radmacher
4. “I’m not comfortable being around too many people; I don’t like doing celebrity stuff. So, I’m like people who don’t always feel comfortable beyond their small circle of friends.” – Adam Sandler
5. “I have many acquaintances, but a very small circle of friends.” – Unknown
6. “Friends, you and me… you brought another friend… and then there were three… we started our group… our circle of friends… and like that circle… there is no beginning or end.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” – Eminem.
8. “Some people have a large circle of friends while others have only friends that they like.” –Woodrow Wilson
9. “Friends should be like books: few, but hand-selected.” – C.J. Langenhoven
10. “We create our buildings and then they create us. Likewise, we construct our circle of friends and our communities and then they construct us.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
11. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
12. “One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim.” – George Carlin
13. “Know yourself; keep your circle tight. Keep your friends and your work circle tight.” – Rita Ora.
To Wrap It All Up
These short friendship quotes listed above stand for the fact that friendship is truly the most special and unique bond of all. It’s simply one of those connections that can’t be explained with simple words.
A person must experience it in order to understand its real power. However, one thing is for sure, though, our besties make our life better in so many ways, and they inspire us to become the best versions of ourselves.
And, for the end, psst ?… I’d like to share a secret recipe for true friendship. You need a bit of kindness mixed with respect, a sprinkle of patience, a big tub of honesty, and a whole lot of support.