Sometimes, you can’t see the bigger picture. You only see the negative and think of the world as an awful place that has lost its charm.
Well, let me tell you that you’re wrong. All you have to do is step back and do your best to dig under the surface of things.
You might not always see it, but trust me when I tell you that beauty is all around us – sometimes, you just have to close your eyes to see it. Yes, you heard it right – close your eyes – because it’s probably hidden inside of you.
These deep aesthetic quotes will help you realize exactly this – that everything has a hidden meaning, which is frequently magnificent.
What Is An Aesthetic Quote?
According to the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy’s definition, aesthetic “is a branch of philosophy that deals with the nature of beauty and taste, as well as the philosophy of art. It examines aesthetic values often expressed through judgments of taste.”
Therefore, deep aesthetic quotes are inspirational quotes that help you see the beauty of love, life, and art. In fact, everything, including darkness, has something beautiful in it.
That’s exactly what you’re about to realize if you read on.
Best Aesthetic Quotes About Beauty
How many times have you heard that famous, great quote that beauty is in the eye of the beholder? This is not just an empty phrase or a cute quote – it’s actually the truth.
After all, I’m not the only one saying it. Here is a list of great minds who think that way as well. Read their words quotes, and see for yourself!
1. “Even a color sense is more important, in the development of the individual, than a sense of right and wrong. Aesthetics, in fact, are to ethics in the sphere of conscious civilization, what, in the sphere of the external world, sexual is to natural selection. Ethics, like natural selection, make existence possible. Aesthetics, like sexual selection, make life lovely and wonderful, fill it with new forms, and give it progress, and variety and change.”― Oscar Wilde
2. “Just because something causes you to have a feeling of aesthetic beauty does not make it a work of art.” — Fred Ross
3. “In the world there exists no aesthetic plane, not even the aesthetic plane of goodness.” — Clarice Lispector
4. “Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern.” — Alfred North Whitehead
5. “Aesthetics have substantial political consequences. How one views oneself as beautiful or not beautiful or desirable or not desirable has deep consequences in terms of one’s feelings of self-worth and one’s capacity to be a political agent.” — Cornel West
6. “The more people explore the world, the more they realize in every country there’s a different aesthetic. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” — Helena Christensen
7. “I don’t need to be so full of myself that I feel I am without flaw. I can feel beautiful and imperfect at the same time. I have a healthy relationship with my aesthetic insecurities.” — Lupita Nyong’o
8. “Styles may change, details may come and go, but the broad demands of aesthetic judgment are permanent.” — Roger Scruton
9. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” — Sophia Loren
10. “In the life of the individual, an aesthetic sensibility is both more authentic and more commendable than a political or religious one.” — Tom Robbins
11. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them, just find a new way to stand.” — Oprah Winfrey
12. “Nothing’s perfect; the world’s not perfect. But it’s there for us, trying the best it can; that’s what makes it so damn beautiful.” ―Hiromu Arakawa
13. “In simple words, ‘Beauty’ is what gladdens the heart. Neither a symmetrical face nor a shapely body – If the sight of you generates happiness, you’re beautiful.” ― Adeel Ahmed Khan
14. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” ― Audrey Hepburn
15. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” ― Ashley Smith
16. “There is no definition of beauty, but when you can see someone’s spirit coming through, something unexplainable, that’s beautiful to me.” ― Liv Tyler
17. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” ― Jawaharlal Nehru
18. “I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.” ― Bob Dylan
19. “Without realizing it, the individual composes his life according to the laws of beauty even in times of greatest distress.” ― Milan Kundera
20. “Beauty is ever to the lonely mind a shadow fleeting; she is never plain. She is a visitor who leaves behind the gift of grief, the souvenir of pain.” ― Cristopher Morley
Powerful Deep Quotes
These words quotes will make you think outside the box. They’ll make you scratch under the surface of things and dive a little deeper to the core.
1. “In so far as the mind sees things in their eternal aspect, it participates in eternity.” — Baruch de Spinoza
2. “For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.” — Steve Jobs
3. “Happiness is within. It has nothing to do with how much applause you get or how many people praise you. Happiness comes when you believe that you have done something truly meaningful.” — Martin Yan
4. “The fullness of life is only accessible in the present moment.” — Eckhart Tolle
5. “With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things.” — William Wordsworth
6. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw
7. “Life is like a piano. The white keys represent happiness, and the black shows sadness. But as you go through life’s journey, remember that the black keys also make music.” — Unknown
8. “Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.” — Lillian Dickson
9. “Dreams can come true, but there is a secret. They’re realized through the magic of persistence, determination, commitment, passion, practice, focus and hard work. They happen a step at a time, manifested over years, not weeks.” — Elbert Hubbard
10. “We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.” — Confucius
1. “We cannot solve problems with the kind of thinking we employed when we came up with them.” — Albert Einstein
2. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus. “ — Alexander Graham Bell
3. “One secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.” – Benjamin Disraeli
4. “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” — Isabel Allende
5. “There is a vitality, a life force, energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.” ― Martha Graham
6. “If the decisions you make about where you invest your blood, sweat, and tears are not consistent with the person you aspire to be, you’ll never become that person.” ― Clayton M. Christensen
7. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” ― Dr. Seuss
8. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.”― Maya Angelou
9. “If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.” ― Buddha
10. “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.” ― Chantal Sutherland
Dark Deep Quotes
Whether we like to admit it or not, we all have some darkness in us. Here is an homage to those parts we keep hidden from the world.
But I have to warn you: these aren’t some funny quotes to make you laugh. Each one of these lines is deep, powerful, and very, very dark.
1. “The darkening of the world makes the irrationality of art rational: radically darkened art.” ― Theodor W. Adorno
2. “There are different kinds of darkness,” Rhys said. I kept my eyes shut. “There is the darkness that frightens, the darkness that soothes, the darkness that is restful.” I pictured each. “There is the darkness of lovers and the darkness of assassins. It becomes what the bearer wishes it to be, needs it to be. It is not wholly bad or good.” ― Sarah J. Maas
3. “Darkness approaches from outside. I feel no light inside me strong enough to resist it.” ― Christopher Pike
4. “It is in the darkest hour, when we are faced with our deepest, most wrenching fears, that we are given the greatest strength. The choice is whether we succumb to the fear or rise with courage to face our truth and shine our brilliance as our sword of valor.” ― Monika Zands
5. “There are all kinds of darkness, and all kinds of things can be found in them, imprisoned, banished, lost or hidden. Sometimes they escape. Sometimes they simply fall out. Sometimes they just can’t take it anymore.” ― Terry Pratchett
6. “When the sun sleeps, the darkness awakens! When the shepherd disappears, the wolf appears on the horizon!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
7. “When you’re attracted to chaos, to the void, to the dark side, something is wrong.” ― Marty Rubin
8. “The deeper the darkness, the greater should be our dependence upon the light.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
9. “If there is darkness in your life, the wheel of Time will turn and bring light again. There is nothing magical about it. Magic happens when you use the phase of darkness to discover your inner light, which is permanent, eternal and unaffected by the wheel of Time.” ― Shunya
10. “Darkness enables us to shine.” ― Steven Magee
Deep Aesthetic Short Quotes
How many times have you been in search of deep short quotes? You kept running into some beautiful quotes, but all of them were too long.
Well, here is the ultimate list of short aesthetic quotes you can use for every purpose – as a way to help yourself feel better, as an Instagram caption or social media status update.
The best idea would be to choose your favorite short aesthetic quote, write it down on a piece of paper and carry it around in your wallet. That way, you can motivate yourself all the time.
1. “In the life of the individual, an aesthetic sensibility is both more authentic and more commendable than a political or religious one.” ― Tom Robbins
2.“Art is the social antithesis of society, not directly deducible from it.” ― Theodor W. Adorno
3. “The aesthetic can have its revenge upon ideology by revealing a power to complicate that is also a power to undermine.” ― Murray Krieger
4. “It’s hard to combine a simple life with a love of aesthetics.” ― Marty Rubin
5. “The idea is to die young as late as possible.” ― Ashley Montagu
6. “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” ― Albert Einstein
7. “If you want to shine like the sun, first burn like the sun.” ― APJ Abdul Kalam
8. “Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?” ― Sun Tzu
9. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” ― T.S. Eliot
10. “There is none more beautiful than the lover of beauty.” ― Raheel Farooq
Dark Aesthetic Quotes
Trust me: there is a lot of beauty in darkness, and these dark but deep aesthetic quotes are here to prove it.
1. “The historical division between the beautiful and the sublime indicates that an aesthetic experience is not necessarily linked to beauty, but can also be induced by the unpleasant, unbalanced, distorted, or even hideous.” ― Kristine H. Harper
2. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.” ― Bram Stoker
4. “Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first and is waiting for it.” ― Terry Pratchett
5. “Beauty is sometimes born of pain.” ― Sheri L. Swift
6. “All great beginnings start in the dark when the moon greets you to a new day at midnight.” ― Shannon L. Alder
7. “You are not what you are; You are darkness; Looking for the light within.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
8. “The exceeding brightness of this early sun makes me conceive how dark I have become.” ― Wallace Stevens
9. “The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.” ― Brian A. McBride
10. “Light lost in dark. Dark died in light.” ― Toba Beta
Deep Aesthetic Love Quotes
Love is what moves us all. It’s the most beautiful thing in the world, even when it hurts. These famous people think that as well, and here are the love quotes to prove it.
1. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart.” ― Helen Keller
2. “Aesthetic emotion puts man in a state favorable to the reception of erotic emotion. Art is the accomplice of love. Take love away, and there is no longer art.” —Remy de Gourmont
3. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” ― Albert Einstein
4. “Self-love starts with acceptance.” ― Shreya Maurya
5. “Show me what a people admire, and I will tell you everything about them that matters.” ― Jack McDevitt
6. “…the sad part is, that I will probably end up loving you without you for much longer than I loved you when I knew you.
Some people might find that strange.
But the truth of it is that the amount of love you feel for someone and the impact they have on you as a person, is in no way relative to the amount of time you have known them.” ― Ranata Suzuki
7. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” ― Buddha
8. “I think the perfection of love is that it’s not perfect.” ― Taylor Swift
9. “People accuse me of falling in love easily. It just means that I’m able to see the beauty in most of the people who cross paths with me, and I appreciate it for what it is and also for what it isn’t. Love is imperfect. Falling for someone’s flaws is just as necessary as falling for their strengths.” ― Ashly Lorenzana
10. “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” ― Orson Welles
Good Life Quotes
Sometimes, all you need is a happy quote to lift your spirits up and tell you that everything is going to be okay. And that’s exactly what these good life quotes are bringing along: hope.
1. ”To everything I have ever lost, thank you for setting me free.” ― Unknown
2. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” — Dalai Lama
3. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” — Steve Jobs
4. “We should remember that just as a positive outlook on life can promote good health, so can everyday acts of kindness.” — Hillary Clinton
5. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” — Will Smith
6. “I decided I can’t pay a person to rewind time, so I may as well get over it.” — Serena Williams
7. “I think it’s great to be flawed. I am hugely flawed, and I like it this way. That’s the fun of life. You fall, get up, make mistakes, learn from them, be human and be you.” — Priyanka Chopra
8. “Sometimes you’ve got to let everything go – purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything… whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.” — Tina Turner
9. “Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.” — Unknown
10. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” — C.S.Lewis
Deep aesthetic quotes are mostly related to great art – the best way to gain spiritual satisfaction. Because what’s life without art?
1. “After a certain high level of technical skill is achieved, science and art tend to coalesce in aesthetics, plasticity, and form. The greatest scientists are artists as well.” ― Albert Einstein
2. “Art and Religion are, then, two roads by which men escape from circumstance to ecstasy. Between aesthetic and religious rapture, there is a family alliance. Art and Religion are means to similar states of mind.” ― Clive Bell
3. “Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.” ― E.O. Wilson
4. “Needing to have reality confirmed and experience enhanced by photographs is an aesthetic consumerism to which everyone is now addicted. Industrial societies turn their citizens into image-junkies; it is the most irresistible form of mental pollution.” ― Susan Sontag
5. “Any great artwork […] revives and re-adapts time and space, and the measure of its success is the extent to which it makes you an inhabitant of that world – the extent to which it invites you in and lets you breathe its strange, special air.” ― Leonard Bernstein
6. “Color directly influences the soul. Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the hammers, the soul is the piano with many strings. The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another purposively, to cause vibrations in the soul.” ― Wassily Kandinsky
7. “I think that’s what art is: art is a communication made in the hope that interesting miscommunications will arise.” ― Misha Glouberman
8. “Human impotence necessitates art.” ― Teufel Damon
9. “But neither art nor aesthetics is alone in being doomed to this melancholy destiny of living not beyond their means, but beyond their ends.” ― Jean Baudrillard
10. “When a poet digs himself into a hole, he doesn’t climb out. He digs deeper, enjoys the scenery, and comes out the other side enlightened.” ― Criss Jami
To Wrap Up:
It doesn’t matter whether you’ll use them as your next Instagram caption or embrace some of these deep aesthetic quotes as your life motto – I’m sure that each one of them touched you in a special way. And that’s all that counts!