They used to say that behind every good man stands a good woman. Well, luckily, times have changed, and now it’s safe to say that next to every good man stands an even better woman.
Here is a collection of inspirational and motivational good woman quotes for everyone who needs reminding what a treasure all females are to this world.
For everyone who’s forgotten that girls run the world, whether men like it or not. Different famous and respectable people are behind most of these good woman quotes.
There are some strong women quotes, quotes on being a good woman, and sayings every woman needs to hear and remember. I assure you that they know what they are talking about.
Strong Women Quotes
Throughout history, men have been considered to be the stronger sex. Well, these good women quotes beg to differ. Here is a list of inspirational quotes about strong and powerful women.
1. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
2. “Now, I have always believed that women are not victims; we are agents of change, we are drivers of progress, we are makers of peace – all we need is a fighting chance.” – Hillary Clinton
3. “I am a strong woman. I don’t sit around feeling sorry for myself, nor let people mistreat me. I don’t respond to people who dictate to me or try to bring me down. If I fall, I will rise up even stronger because I am a survivor and not a victim. I am in control of my life, and there is nothing I can’t achieve.” – Unknown
4. “I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” – Anais Nin
5. “I wanted to be an independent woman, a woman who could pay for her bills, a woman who could run her own life – and I became that woman.” – Diane von Furstenberg
6. “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind learning.” – Amy Poehler
7. “I am a strong woman. Everything that’s hit me in life, I’ve dealt with on my own. I’ve cried myself to sleep. Picked myself back up and wiped my own tears. I have grown from things meant to break me. I get stronger by the day, and I have God to thank for that.” – Unknown
8. “Truly powerful women don’t explain why they want respect. They simply don’t engage with those who don’t give it to them.” – Unknown
9. “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
11. “You can always tell who the strong women are. They are the ones you see building one another up instead of tearing each other down.” – Unknown
12. “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
13. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” – Kavita Ramdas
14. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
15. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
16. “A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.” – Ellen J. Barrier, How to Trust God When All Other Resources Have Failed
17. “On the left side of a strong woman stands a strong man; he is strengthened by her character.” – Ellen J. Barrier
18. “Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, “Oh, no! She’s up.” – Joanne Clancy
19. “I never could understand why some writers treat women as helpless. Every woman I know is strong in her own unique way.” – Terry Goodkind
20. “She has fought many wars, most internal. The ones that you battle alone, for this, she is remarkable. She is a survivor.” – Nikki Rowe
Good Quotes For Women
After reading the best strong women quotes that gave you the empowerment you needed, let’s continue with some famous saying every girl should keep in mind.
1. “Success, they taught me, is built on the foundation of courage, hard work, and individual responsibility. Despite what some would have us believe, success is not built on resentment and fears.” – Susana Martinez
2. “I am a woman in the process. I’m just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience and learn from it. Life is never dull.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “Figure out who are you separate from your family, and the man or woman you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self. With that, you can do anything else.” – Angelina Jolie
4. “Dress shabbily, and they remember the dress; dress impeccably, and they remember the woman.” – Coco Chanel
5. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
6. “No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it’s both, he is twice blessed indeed.” – Godfrey Winn
7. “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” – Coco Chanel
8. “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
9. “What I would like to say to all women here today is this: Women have been so oppressed for so long they believe what men have to say about them. They believe they have to back a man to get the job done. And there are some very good men worth backing, but not because they’re men – because they’re worthy. As women, we have to start appreciating our own worth and each other’s worth. Seek out strong women to befriend, to align yourself with, to learn from, to collaborate with, to be inspired by, to support, and be enlightened by.” – Madonna
10. “Whenever you see a successful woman, look out for three men who are going out of their way to try to block her.” – Yulia Tymoshenko
11. “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.” – Michelle Obama
12. “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” – Brigham Young
13. “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” – Robert A. Heinlein
14. “Women have discovered that they cannot rely on men’s chivalry to give them justice.” – Helen Keller
15. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” – Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
16. “It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union…men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less.” – Susan B. Anthony
17. “You can’t beat women anyhow and that if you are wise or dislike trouble and uproar, you don’t even try to.” – William Faulkner
18. “Womanhood is a wonderful thing. In womankind, we find the mothers of the race. There is no man so great, nor none sunk so low, but once he lay a helpless, innocent babe in a woman’s arms and was dependent on her love and care for his existence. It is a woman who rocks the cradle of the world and holds the first affections of mankind. She possesses a power beyond that of a king on his throne… Womanhood stands for all that is pure and clean and noble. She who does not make the world better for having lived in it has failed to be all that a woman should be.” – Mabel Hale, Beautiful Girlhood: A Timeless Guide for Christian Adolescence
19. “Women are supposed to be very calm generally: but women feel just as men feel; they need exercise for their faculties, and a field for their efforts as much as their brothers do; they suffer from too rigid a restraint, too absolute a stagnation, precisely as men would suffer, and it is narrow-minded in their more privileged fellow-creatures to say that they ought to confine themselves to making puddings and knitting stockings, to playing on the piano and embroidering bags. It is thoughtless to condemn them, or laugh at them if they seek to do more or learn more than custom has pronounced necessary for their sex.” – Charlotte Brontë
20. “There are two powers in the world; one is the sword, and the other is the pen. There are great competition and rivalry between the two. There is a third power stronger than both, that of the women.” – Muhammad Ali Jinnah
21. “It’s men who trust they will suffer no consequences for their actions, while women suffer no matter what they do.” – Meghan MacLean Weir, The Book of Essie
22. “Dear Woman,
Sometimes you’ll just be too much woman.
Too much of something that makes a man feel like less of a man,
Which will make you feel like you have to be less of a woman.
The biggest mistake you can make
Is removing jewels from your crown
To make it easier for a man to carry.
When this happens, I need you to understand
You do not need a smaller crown –
You need a man with bigger hands.” – Michael Reid
23. “If God has given graces to some good women, revealing to them something holy and good through His Holy Scriptures, should they, for the sake of the defamers of the truth, refrain from writing down, speaking, or declaring it to each other? Ah! It would be too impudent to hide the talent which God has given us, we who ought to have the grace to persevere to the end. Amen!” – Marie Dentière
24. “Don’t use men to get what you want in life. Get it yourself.” – Helen Brown
25. “Dear young woman, do not place your sense of beauty and self-worth, upon the plastic pedestal called ’what other people say to you,’ ’what other people think about your photo,’ ’how many ‘likes’ your pictures get,’ ’how many guys tell you that you look sexy,’ “how skinny can you be?’. A plastic pedestal that is but the dismal shadow of the real one. Dear young woman, place your sense of self-worth and beauty upon the Roman marble pedestal that will exist even when all other people are no longer there. If you were the very last person on this planet, you should still be able to know within your heart that you are worthy, you are beautiful, you are wanted. Even if you become the very last person on Earth, you should be fully wanted. Want yourself. Know yourself. See yourself as beautiful, see yourself as worthy.” – C. JoyBell C.
Being A Good Woman Quotes
How do you be a good woman? Do you achieve it by becoming the best girlfriend ever? The best daughter or the best sister?
No, being a good woman means being a powerful woman. It means staying true to yourself and being beautiful from the inside.
Here are some empowering quotes that will help you achieve that!
1. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeline Albright
2. “Nothing is more impressive than a person who is secure in the unique way God made her.” – Unknown
3. “You can be an absolute woman and also be smart and tough and not lose your femininity.” – Priyanka Chopra
4. “The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.” – Audrey Hepburn
5. “In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
6. “She’s a badass with a good heart, soft but strong. Unapologetic and honest. She’s the type of woman you go to war beside. She’s the type of woman you marry.” – R.H. Sin
7. “A woman is only as good as the peace and light she radiates.” – Coco Chanel
8. “Financial independence is paramount. My mom always says that when a woman is financially independent, she has the ability to live life on her own terms. I think that was the soundest advice that I ever got. No matter where you go in life or who you get married to, you have to be financially independent – whether you use it or not.” – Priyanka Chopra
9. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” – Coco Chanel
10. “When virtue and modesty enlighten her charms, the luster of a beautiful woman is brighter than the stars of heaven, and the influence of her power it is in vain to resist.” – Akhenaten
11. “A man’s got to do what a man’s got to do. A woman must do what he can’t.” – Rhonda Hansome
12. “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” – Albert Einstein
13. “What would men be without women? Scarce, sir… mighty scarce.” – Mark Twain
14. “It takes a thoroughly good woman to do a thoroughly stupid thing.” – Oscar Wilde
15. “For me, a woman who is absorbed in her work, who does not care about gaining one’s favor, strong yet subtle at the same time, is essentially more seductive. The more she hides and abandons her femininity, the more it emerges from the very heart of her existence.” – Yohji Yamamoto
16. “I just believe that us as women – should not criticize nor pull down other women. And why? Because we’re all just trying our best to be beautiful! We all just want to be loved. We want to be beautiful. We’re all trying to leave our own legacy! The good news is that the universe is unending, and that means there is enough space for each woman on earth to leave her own mark and to be her own legacy. To be her own kind of beautiful. So why spend even a second on trying to take away from another woman? Trying to steal, trying to criticize, trying to oppress? There is enough space for every woman and every kind of beautiful in this vast cosmos! When you waste any amount of time trying to take what is another’s – you are wasting your huge chunk of a galaxy that’s already been given to you!” – C. JoyBell C.
17. “A pretty face gets old. A nice body will change. But a good woman will always be a good woman.” – Unknown
18. “A good woman inspires a man, a brilliant woman interests him, a beautiful woman fascinates him, but a sympathetic woman gets him.” – Helen Rowland
19. “Dare to be different. Be a pioneer. Be a leader. Be the kind of woman who in the face of adversity will continue to embrace life and walk fearlessly toward the challenge.” – Oprah Winfrey
20. “Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.” – Margaret Nadauld
Losing A Good Woman Quotes
Whether they admit it or not, the truth is that every man’s biggest regret is losing a precious woman. But the fact is that, in most cases, the guys are to blame for this unfortunate set of events.
1. “Pay attention to her. When a woman is ‘tripping,’ she cares. When a woman is ’mad,’ she believed in you, and you let her down. When she’s ’asking questions,’ she is trying to gain clarity. When she’s quiet and letting things ’slide,’ she is giving up. And when she’s not doing any of the above, just know you lost a good woman.” – Unknown
2. “Some men focus more on how to get a woman, but once they have her, they lose focus on how to keep her.” – Unknown
3. “A man will not let a good woman walk away. But a boy with pride will lose his treasured possession because of his ego.” – Unknown
4. “A good woman will never force a man to realize that she is a good woman. If he doesn’t recognize that on his own, it’s his loss.” – Unknown
5. “Don’t wait until you’ve lost her to realize what she means to you.” – Unknown
Love Quotes About Women
Some of the most beautiful good woman quotes were written by men who loved them. Here is the list of the best inspirational quotes about loving a woman.
1. “I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self-respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her, and it is the beginning and end of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. “There’s fire in her. If loved correctly, she’ll warm your entire home and life. If abused, she’ll burn them down. That’s how powerful a woman is.” – Unknown
3. “A weak man can’t love a strong woman. He wouldn’t know what to do with her.” – Unknown
4. “A man who is truly interested in a woman will find an endless number of reasons why he must see her. A man who is just playing around – or confused about his own feelings – will find an endless number of excuses why he didn’t show up.” – Charles Orlando
5. “Men always want to be a woman’s first love. Women like to be a man’s last romance.” – Oscar Wilde
6. “A good woman’s love should never be taken for granted. Only a fool would gamble with something so precious and so rare.” – Unknown
7. “A man is given the choice between loving women and understanding them.” – Ninon de l’Enclos
8. “I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have love in her heart. I guess a loving woman is indestructible.” – John Steinbeck
9. “Women know no perfect love: Loving the strong, they can forsake the strong; Man clings because the being whom he loves Is weak and needs him.” – George Eliot
10. “A family can develop only with a loving woman as its center.” – Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel
11. “Find a woman who makes you feel more alive. She won’t make life perfect, but she’ll make it infinitely more interesting. And then love her with all that’s in you.” – Gayle Roper
12. “It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him (…) I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman. I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” – Coco Chanel
13. “If you have the woman you love, what more do you need? Well, besides an alibi for the time of her husband’s murder.” – Dark Jar Tin Zoo, Love Quotes for the Ages
14. “When a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more noble her character, the more devoted she is to the truth, justice, goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women.” – Fulton J. Sheen, Life is Worth Living
15. “If you consider a woman less pure after you’ve touched her, maybe you should take a look at your hands.” – Kaija Sabbah
16. “Only love of a good woman will make a man question every choice, every action. Only love makes a warrior hesitate for fear that his lady will find him cruel. Only love makes a man both the best he will ever be and the weakest. Sometimes all in the same moment.” – Laurell K. Hamilton, Wicked
17. “There are only three things to be done with a woman. You can love her, suffer for her, or turn her into literature.” – Henry Miller
18. “A man begins by loving love and ends by loving a woman. A woman begins by loving a man and ends by loving love.” – Remy de Gourmont
19. “Men learn to love the woman they are attracted to. Women learn to become attracted to the man they fall in love with.” – Woody Allen
20. “The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.” – Bob Marley
To Wrap Up:
These good woman quotes will give empowerment to some of you. In others, they will serve as motivational quotes that’ll awaken the strong woman who’s been sleeping within you for ages.
Then, there are men who’ll finally understand a woman’s true worth. For others, they will serve as a reminder of the once-in-a-life-time women they had but sadly lost.
Either way, I guarantee you this: nobody can feel indifferent after reading the best quotes about good women. May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them!