Some guys, despite the fact they are good guys, just don’t know how to act around girls. Something just happens and they freeze. It’s pretty much like Murphy’s Law which says that anything that can go wrong will definitely go wrong.
So, it’s the same with those guys. If they plan a dinner date, nothing will go as they wanted it to. Either the dinner reservation will get canceled, his date is going to fall over and break a leg (literally), or the most probable thing is that he is going to say something that will most definitely come out the wrong way.
No matter how hard they try, they just don’t know what the right words are to say to a girl to make her laugh. So, how to exactly make a girl laugh? Before we get to that part, let’s solve the dilemma of what not to do if you want to at least get to the situation where you can make her laugh.
First, every girl has deal-breakers, they have their standards and if you don’t meet them, they are going to thank you for a great evening and never call you again. Except for these individual standards, there are some common things that no girl likes. So, before getting into the matter of how to make a girl laugh, here is the matter of what not to do on the date.
What are girls’ major turn-offs?
1. You’re rude to the staff. You can’t detect rudeness right away because most people try to hide their shortcomings, of course. But be aware that most women pay close attention to the way you behave to your waitress or waiter while you are on a date. Rudeness is a huge turn-off. How can she be sure that you won’t treat her the same one day? So, if you want to get to the stage of being able to make her laugh, lay off the snarky comments and being an ass overall.
2. You don’t listen when she speaks. So, while you are in the middle of a conversation and you’re done talking, it’s her turn and what do you do? You completely tune out while she tells you everything about herself. You may think that she doesn’t notice that you are only present physically, but believe me, she can and it shows her that you are disrespectful and don’t have any interest in what she’s got to say. Sorry, but acting this way will only get you the opportunity to make a taxi driver laugh on your solitary drive home.
3. Questionable hygiene. Okay, this is just gross. Not wearing deodorant, showing up in dirty clothes, having messy fingernails…yuck. Just… yuck.
4. You show up late. This is just a matter of common courtesy. You simply can’t leave a girl, or pretty much anybody, waiting. If you agreed to meet at a certain place at a certain time, you really have no excuse if you show up late. If this happens more than once, next time, she won’t show up at all.
5. You expect too much, too soon. It’s normal that when you start seeing each other, there is no label on your relationship yet. But what really turns every woman off is you expecting too much too soon. You have to let things go their natural course and see where everything is heading. I’m not saying to go at a snail’s pace, but I’m not saying to go at warp speed ahead, either.
6. Public display of bodily functions. Yay or nay? Well, we all do it and it’s completely normal. But burping or something worse on a first date? I think not.
7. You’re sending mixed signals. Just don’t play the game of hard to get. It’s not interesting. Either you like a girl or you don’t. It’s not rocket science, just lay off sending mixed signals, and be a man.
8. You don’t offer to pay on your first date. No one is expecting you to pick up the whole check, but then again, it’s common courtesy to at least reach for your wallet and insist on paying. I know that there are girls who can’t wait to get a free dinner (sorry, but it’s true), but there are ones who are not interested in that kind of thing, but they still respect a man who will offer to pay.
9. You want to get some on the first date. Here we come back to expecting too much, too soon. Unless it’s a hook-up or a one-night stand, it’s out of the question. If she is really searching for something more than that, you can’t expect to have sex with her right away. It’s just heartless and disrespectful.
10. You act like you know everything. Okay, even if you have knowledge that others will envy, don’t be a jerk about it, and on second thought, no one knows everything about everything, so just shut it and let her talk, too.
Now, that we have established what not to do, it’s time to see what you should do when you want a girl to like you. There are 4 situations in which you can play your cards right and present yourself as the ultimate ladies man and may I add, make them laugh or smile and instantly fall for you.
How to make a girl laugh on Snapchat?
So, first there were no phones and you knocked on your crush’s door, scared to crap of her ex-college football star dad and asking him if can she could go out. Then things got a lot easier with phones and a looooot easier with texts. But as technology is advancing, so is dating. With the appearance of Snapchat, you don’t even have to send longer texts. Now, you just snap a photo and write a word or two if you want. However, don’t think that using Snapchat has made things easier, no—on the contrary, it has made things even harder. Because, when you think about it, your strongest weapon is a photo with millions of filters. How do you choose the right one? Or how do you know how to hit the jackpot in only a word or two? Can you make her laugh using only this?
Let’s see what the best thing to do is if you want to make her laugh and get her to like you using Snapchat:
1. Show off your culinary skills. Snap a photo of your latest culinary miracle and send it to her. It would be even better if the meal is total crap, but you are so proud of it. This will definitely bring a smile to her face. That’s also a great conversation starter. She’ll probably comment about what the hell you are eating, or if you do this often because it doesn’t look like it. Either way, you’ll share a laugh because you are not that good around the kitchen.
2. Use Toolkit. Turn a boring snap into a hilarious masterpiece. Just enter the home screen and you’ll find the Toolkit on the left side. You can add stickers, change your voice and a lot of other funny things. Just let your imagination run wild.
3. Sing a song. Record yourself with funny faces. Use the option which has those ridiculously big mouths. Try to sing something cute and short with the Voice Changer. I guarantee she’ll laugh her ass off.
4. Do a Face Swap. OK, this is always funny, but imagine if the swap is a total fail, or you snap a photo with a dog or something. She can’t help but laugh at that.
5. Snap an inspiring photo with a weird caption. Try to do a romantic sunset or an enchanted forest and then combine it with a caption. Write something sarcastic, funny or even dumb to break the magic of the photo. The possible combination of things to pair up is just damn funny.
6. Try Lenses with a friend. These are so much fun and they change on a daily basis. Try it with a friend and send your girl the ultimate result. These lenses detect two faces and put funny and cute masks on your face. This will definitely put a smile on her face.
How to make a girl laugh on Tinder?
Tinder is not usual dating as we know it. It’s purely straightforward, straight to the point. There is no additional info except looks. You choose one another solely on the basis of your looks. And when you have a match, things get hilarious and the whole seduction magic begins. Here are some of the funniest lines you can write on Tinder:
1. “Thank God I’m wearing gloves right now.”
“Because you’re too hot to handle.”
2. “On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight?”
3. “I have scars and tattoos and make a mean grilled cheese.”
4. “If I were a watermelon, would you spit or swallow my seeds?”
5. “I like your bangs and boobs, so I guess I should bang your boobs.”
6. “Let’s have sex.”
“How high are your results with that Tinder line?”
“I’ve had sex with three women so far. One might have been a man.”
7. “I guess we both have good taste.”
“This is so us. Me doing all the talking and you just sitting there looking cute.”
8. “Hey, did you know you could make a decent living selling hot dogs? Because you sure know how to make a wiener stand.”
9. “What’s the difference between me and my couch?”
“One’s more fun to sit on than the other.”
“Sort of. The real difference is that my couch pulls out.”
10. “Hey, I didn’t think I’d see you again.”
“Haha, don’t you remember drunkenly walking into my dorm?”
“Noo… I don’t. When was this?”
11. “Your bio says you’re not here for one-night stands. Want to try a two-night stand?”
How to make a girl laugh over a text?
Okay, we know that not all guys can be funny, but when the situation asks for it, you have to at least try. So, to avoid waiting for a text back and staring at an empty screen for hours, make sure to read some of the ways you can make her laugh no matter what. Try to text her…
1. “I am going to need your name and number for insurance purposes.”
“I just fell over and injured myself when I saw you!”
2. “You’re so stunning that I just forgot my pick-up line.”
3. “I’m like a Rubik’s Cube. The more you play with me, the harder I get, baby.”
4. “Have you ever been arrested?”
“Really? It’s got to be illegal to look that good.”
5. “My doc said that I can never have an arrhythmia. But your presence is sure proving him wrong.”
6. “Hi, I am Marv. My full name is Marvelous. You must be Beautiful.”
7. “Girl, I know what you did last summer. Wanna do something similar this winter?”
8. “If you were Christmas, I would be the Grinch who stole you.”
9. “Are you going to kiss me, or do I have to lie to my diary?”
10. “Are you a dictionary? You add meaning to my life.”
11. “Hi miss, I am sorry but you cannot walk like that in public as other girls are feeling offended by your beauty.”
12. “I was thinking, we must save fuel. Allow me to drop you home in my arms.”
How to make a girl laugh face to face?
Usually, the first conversation is the most important one because you leave your first impression which will probably stay forever. So, if you had a bad day, you probably don’t want to go out and try to impress a girl. And I bet it’s super scary for you because most of you don’t even have the slightest idea how to impress a girl or for that matter how to make a girl laugh. Well, your worries are over, just read the ways and see if you can use some of them.
1. Act goofy. Being goofy is not that easy, especially because it doesn’t have to work like a charm every time. Some women just don’t like men who goof around. But if that’s your strongest suit, I suggest you use it, just not that much. Only every now and then to make it look cute and funny. She won’t have any problem with that. Just make sure you don’t overdo it.
2. Just smile. This one is pure psychology. When you smile all the time, it’s proven that you evoke other people to smile, too. It’s the monkey see, monkey do principle. So, smile at your girl, and of course, don’t do it to look like a psycho, just smile the right amount.
3. Be yourself. Just stay your true self. If you act like you are someone else, she’ll see right through it and even if she doesn’t, your mask will fall, sooner or later, so there is actually no point in trying to pretend you’re something that you’re not. Be strong and confident in yourself and that will definitely lure a smile to her face.
4. Don’t try too hard. Don’t overdo it and definitely don’t force some jokes you thought were funny but she doesn’t. Don’t try to explain them, don’t repeat them, just forget you ever said them, as if you do anything else, you’ll only make it worse for both of you. Also, don’t memorize jokes and then recite them to your date. It is not as funny as when someone who knows how to tell it tells it.
5. A joke at your own expense. Women like that kind of humor. They like to know that they can laugh while you crack jokes at your own expense, putting yourself down.
6. Pretend you are a dumb dude. When she’s telling you something, often trivial and usually something general that everyone knows about it, pretend you have no idea what she’s talking about and after she’s done, tell her you knew what she was talking about all along. Now this may be risky, because she could get angry, but usually, they all start laughing.
7. Tell a funny personal story. Well, funny tales are always the best way to go if you want to bond with someone. Saying something funny makes you look like this goofy, cute and even awesome guy. So if you have one of these stories, make sure to tell it to her to definitely get her to laugh and you’re winning. If you don’t, you can always use those funny flirty jokes.
8. Tease her. But you have to be careful not to cross the line, so that she won’t get angry. Tease her about something you think she’s very confident about, otherwise, she’ll definitely get mad. But if you nail it, she’ll laugh and possibly flirt with you.
So, here you go, the whole philosophy behind a woman’s smile. Make sure to use these pieces of advice wisely and I’m positive that you are going to make a girl smile. Fingers crossed.