Breaking up with someone is always hard and one person will always be hurt. But sometimes it’s necessary and unavoidable, no matter how much you deny it.
There are many ways to break up with your partner. No matter which one you choose, always pay attention to other people’s feelings and do it kindly and gently.
We bring you a collection of break up texts that can help you if you want to end your relationship via text message.
Many people would say that it is cowardly to end your relationship that way. But sometimes it is impossible to do it face-to-face and break up texts seem like the only reasonable alternative.
Best breakup texts
1. Love means never having to say we’re sorry. I’m certainly not sorry that we met and fell for each other. It was a wonderful time, but all good things come to an end, and this is it for me.
2. You have been a great boyfriend, but I need to end things. It’s better for us both if we break up.
3. I think you know that things have been hard. Let’s break up so we can remain friends.
4. Life will go on even when we are no longer together. I’m sorry this has to end. Good luck.
5. You are a wonderful human being. You deserve someone who can give you the time and attention that I can’t because of my commitments. She’s out there; go find her. I won’t stop you anymore.
6. I’ve realized that I don’t love you anymore. I don’t want to lie to you, because you deserve to be treated with respect. I know you will find someone who will treat you better. But I just can’t do it. I’m sorry. Goodbye.
7. I wanted to love, and I honestly was trying my best to love you like you love me. But I just can’t lie to myself anymore. We can’t be together, it just doesn’t seem right. You are a wonderful person, and I know you will eventually find someone who will be just right for you.
8. You know how much I’ve loved you over the past years, but the way things have become, it is impossible for me to stay with you. I’m sorry and I hope that you can one day forgive me. Goodbye.
9. I like spending time with you. But it’s not enough. You deserve to be with someone who loves and appreciates you. I just can’t give that to you. It’s time for us to say goodbye to each other and move on.
10. They say that, in a breakup, it is never only one person’s fault. And especially in our case, we are both to blame. Even though we tried our best, we just couldn’t make it work. This is why I think it is better for us to end here on a peaceful note, while we still can. I’m sorry, but this is goodbye.
11. I’ve realized that there’s more to me than loving you. I got so used to being your other half, and I completely forgot that I needed to be myself in the first place. I’m sorry, but we can’t see each other anymore.
12. I don’t know if this is for the best, but I feel this relationship asphyxiating. This is why I want to end this. It’s not you, it’s me, but I feel like I cannot deal with all this stress anymore. I’m sorry, but goodbye.
13. We’ve had a great time. But I just don’t feel like we belong together. Love doesn’t live in this relationship anymore. It’s hard to admit that, but we need to say goodbye to each other to live happily ever after.
14. We can’t save something that has already died. The only thing we can do is to let it go. Our love has died and it’s time to admit it and take another step. I want to be happy and I wish you happiness too, but it will never happen as long as we are together. That’s why we should break up. I’m really sorry.
15. This is as hard for me as it is for you, but the time has come to say goodbye. It was fun while it lasted, and I will always look back on our relationship with a smile, but the time has come for both of us to move on. Please forgive me, goodbye.
16. I have made up my mind. I want this to end. When you ever feel alone in the future, just think why were you unable to maintain this relationship. And if you do, I’d be happy to try this again. But for now, goodbye.
17. I still love you. And that makes it even harder. Although I still have so much love for you, I just don’t feel happy with you anymore. Let’s not look for someone to blame. This is life. Wishing you all of the best.
18. I’ve tried countless times to set things straight, but every time I try to compromise and take one step back, you take three steps forward. Thus, I’m sorry, but this is the end. Goodbye.
19. They say if you love someone, set this person free. I love you, darling, and I want you to be truly happy with someone who’s better than me. I know that I made you suffer a lot and I want it to stop. Please, be happy without me.
20. When you kiss me, I feel like I don’t want to kiss you back. When you hug me, I can’t wrap my arms around you with the same tenderness that you have for me. When you say you love me, it’s so hard for me to say I love you too. I’m sorry, but I’m not the one you need.
21. Tbh it was fun hanging out together, but I don’t think we are meant to be a couple.
22. I haven’t been in touch because I think that continuing this relationship isn’t going to do either of us any good as, in my eyes, it has no future. I think it’s time to call it a day.
23. I’m sorry I couldn’t break up with you face-to-face. I just think that if I did, I would get all emotional and wouldn’t be able to say this to you. I don’t consider our relationship a failure, but it was definitely not a success. This is why it’s better for us to end this now, while we still have the chance to do it peacefully. Goodbye.
24. We never know what will happen tomorrow. There are so many paths we can choose and sometimes we can’t predict where they will lead us. Unfortunately, our path has led us to a dead end. And it means that we have to separate and walk different roads.
25. We shouldn’t regret things that come to an end. Because every relationship in our life brings something new. Every person we meet changes us and makes us rethink many things. Every breakup teaches us to overcome the most tragic moments. Thank you for the experience you gave me. You made me a better and stronger person.
26. Our first date, the first time we kissed, every single message that you sent to me, I‘m keeping in my heart. And every single word that you’ve said to me, touches my soul. Although we cannot be together, you will always be a special person to me.
27. I’m sending you this breakup message to tell you I’m breaking up with you. I thought this might be easier than doing it face-to-face as an emotional scene is the last thing either of us needs.
28. You’ve been moving way too fast with this relationship since it started. I don’t think we’re on the same page at all. I don’t like doing this text breakup, but I think it’s time we face the truth.
29. I’ve enjoyed getting to know you, and I feel like while we can be good friends, a relationship isn’t on the cards for us. I just want to be honest now, so you don’t feel led on.
Sad break up texts that will make him cry
1. I’m so tired of our fights. I have a heart, and you broke it into million little pieces. I’m not going to pretend like nothing is wrong. It’s goodbye.
2. When we first met, I felt a fire burning inside of me that made me want you with every inch of my body. Yet your actions have made this fire burn less and less, and has now reached a point where it has completely vanished. So, I think this is time to say goodbye. It’s not that I don’t love you, but until you learn how to treat a person properly, I’m afraid I can’t be with you. Goodbye.
3. You said you would never lie to me, or do anything to hurt me, but you have proved yourself wrong in both of these statements. No matter how much I want this to work, I cannot continue being with someone that does not care about me, or even worse, that has lied about doing so. Goodbye.
4. You promised to never make me cry for as long as we’re together, but all I have done for the longest time while being with you is cry. Therefore, this is the last time I allow myself to cry over you, and I draw a line here by saying goodbye. I would say I’m sorry, but I’m truly not, because I know that you aren’t.
5. What hurts me the most is not how bad you made me feel now, but how your attitude contradicts so much with all the things you’ve promised to me. This is why, I’m sorry, but I have to go. Goodbye.
6. I have loved you with all my heart, but apparently, my heart is not big enough to tolerate this toxic relationship. So, goodbye.
7. It is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. But sometimes you have to let someone you love go. I know it’s best for us. I know we’ve had enough. Maybe someday our roads will cross, but now we need to say goodbye to each other.
8. I’m losing my best friend. My lover, my protector. I can’t bear to look at you slowly disappearing in your lovelessness. I wish you the best of all this world can give and hope that you will find someone who can make you happy. I’m sorry it’s not me.
9. I’ve tried so hard to make you see that I’m running out of love for you. You just stopped noticing me. And I can’t spend my life with someone who doesn’t want to see me and listen to me. This is goodbye.
10. While it is sad to see you go, it’s even worse for you to be here and not care about me at all. So I’m afraid that this is goodbye.
11. All the tears I am shedding right now are an indicator that I should be more careful with my relationships in the future. You have hurt me more than I could ever imagine being hurt. So this is goodbye. I’m sorry.
12. I’m not sure what love is, but I know what it shouldn’t be. You can call it whatever you want, but what we have is not love at all. I believe we have to break up and give each of us a chance to find true happiness.
13. I always knew that love was not easy, but what we had was real torture. I’m tired of crying and being unhappy, I’m tired of your lies. It shouldn’t be this way. It took me some time to decide and ultimately I realized what can fix everything – your absence in my life. It’s over.
14. You know, there’s a fine line… I have tolerated it for far too long and now it’s time to get my dignity back. I don’t deserve to be treated like this, I’m better than that. And I need someone who’s better than you. It’s over.
Break up text for a long term relationship
1. It’s not that I don’t have feelings for you, but the feelings I once had have changed. Therefore, I don’t think I’m able to continue being with you. I want you to know that I still care about you, and I will always be here for you when you need me, just not as a girlfriend. Goodbye.
2. I will never deny that what we had was once beautiful, but all things change, and your change was for the worse. This is why I feel I can’t continue this any longer. Goodbye.
3. I can’t say that I will not hold dear all the times we have spent together, but I am afraid that all good things must come to an end. And this one wouldn’t if it hadn’t stopped being good. Since you have decided to change your attitude towards me, I have decided to change mine as well, so this is goodbye.
4. No matter how much I’ve loved you throughout the years, I cannot pretend anymore that this relationship is not toxic. So, I think it’s for the best that we end this now. Goodbye.
5. I always appreciated the process and didn’t pay enough attention to the outcome. However painful it is for me to say that our relationship is over, I believe the time we had together wasn’t wasted, because I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you for everything and goodbye.
6. Unfortunately, there are very few things that last forever and our relationship is not one of them. I’m glad we met, because this relationship was a great challenge for both of us and it taught me many things. But now it has come to an end. Thank you for everything and goodbye.
7. It’s better to be alone than with a man who has no respect and love for me. I don’t regret anything. I don’t regret all these years spent with you because it made me realize how much dignity, courage, and strength I had. Now I’m not afraid to kick you out of my life. For so many valid reasons, I should have broken up with you a long time ago.
8. Looking at you today and trying to find the man I fell in love with, I realized that he’s no longer there. You’ve changed so much. And I’m not sure that I have any feelings for this rude and arrogant person you’ve become. We need to break up. I don’t want you to poison my life any longer.
9. Sometimes we need someone in order to be happy and sometimes we need to break up with someone to become happy. I was really lucky to have you as my boyfriend, but now I feel like this relationship makes me unhappy. Our love has exhausted itself and we need to move on, separately.
10. Sometimes there’s no clear reason for people to break up. But still it happens, because some people are not just right for each other. We had a good time together, but I feel like you are not the one I want to grow old with. Sorry for this and good luck.
11. We’ve been together for too long and it’s so hard for me to say this, but I have to. Our relationship doesn’t seem to be developing. We’re stuck in one place. I feel like I need to unburden myself and move on without you. I believe you’ll be fine. Good luck.
To wrap up
If you are sick of how your partner treats you or his ghosting on social media, then breaking up is the only option for you.
You may be afraid of another person’s reaction or think that you may get too emotional if you do it in person. That’s why sometimes breaking up via text message seems like a better option.
We hope you’ll find an appropriate message in our collection of break up texts that’ll help you end your relationship in as painless a way as possible.