Soulmate friendship. You may have heard of it, maybe not but if you were lucky enough to find your friend soulmate, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
You know that friend you just instantly clicked with the first time you saw them? The one you have a gazillion inside jokes with?
The one who says I love you when hanging up the phone? That is your soulmate in friendship.
Guess what? Romantic soulmates aren’t the only kind. You can find a forever person in a friendship too (thank God for BFFs).
Your romantic partner is your companion through life but who’s going to hold you up if they break your heart?
Here’s the ugly truth. Life partners come and go and your family members can disappoint you but your best friend will stick by your side, making sure you never feel alone for a second.
To me, that’s love. If you’re lucky enough to have encountered such a person and forged a bond that you genuinely believe can survive anything, you’re going to enjoy reading this.
Not that you need confirmation that your friendship is real but as you’re gleefully screaming to yourself, “OMG, that’s totally me and my bestie!” you’ll realize that you’ll always have someone in your corner.
You spend more time with them than with your family members
There are just friends and then there are friends who are like family. And ever since you can remember, that’s what it’s felt like with your friend.
You love your family of course but they can get on your last nerve sometimes. And with your best friend, it’s a whole other story.
You can be together all day and still, miss them when they’re gone.
What is a soulmate friendship? That right there.
You have LOADS of inside jokes that crack you up daily
You share so many memes and GIFs with each other that you’ve managed to make a private joke out of so many of them.
You can just look at your friend and burst out laughing because you know that they’re thinking the exact same thing.
You can communicate through looks alone
Have I mentioned that you barely need words to communicate? When it comes to a soulmate friendship, words are very unnecessary. You look at each other and instantly know what’s up.
You’ve seen each other at your worst and both stayed
You’ve shared many mental health crises and never imagined leaving their side. When they cry, you cry. When they are heartbroken, your heart aches for them.
That’s what BFFs are for. Being there to hold you up when you’re too ashamed to ask for help. They’re always there.
When you’re sad, your bestie makes it their job to cheer you up
Whenever I’m feeling down or if I’m simply being too hard on myself, my girl never lets me stay that way for too long.
She knows what to do and what to say that it’s virtually impossible to stay sad. Soulmate friendships are so special, man.
You’d rather stay in with your BFF and do nothing than go out and party
Watching Netflix, reciting pop culture references, taking selfies and blasting music seems like a better plan than basically anything else your other friends might have planned.
If you’re together, you can have fun anywhere, doing anything. This might sound like a cliché but it’s God’s honest truth.
You’ve unintentionally coordinated outfits on many occasions
Don’t even get me started on this. You have shown up in the same cute outfit to a night out or to brunch more times than you can count! And you weren’t even that surprised.
That’s what best friend telepathy is all about. You read each other like an open book and basically think almost exactly alike.
Their parents treat you like their own child (and vice versa)
When you think about it, all of their loved ones treat you like one of their own. And you truly feel like you’re home around them.
It’s so comforting knowing that you’re always more than welcome to go by, knowing you’d be treated like part of the fam.
You’re comfortable discussing things you’d NEVER utter to someone else
You’ve discussed the dirtiest details of your long-term relationship and never felt an ounce of shame.
You tell them about gross stuff that would freak others out but the thing is, it just feels so normal with them.
At this point, the only weird thing would be if you didn’t discuss it.
When you two join forces, there’s not a problem you can’t solve
If one of you has an issue, the other one’s there to join forces and help you work it out.
Might I add, you’re quite the dream team. So far, there’s not an issue you haven’t solved with your BFF by your side.
You keep all of each other’s secrets
You just know that your best friend is taking them to the grave and vice versa. She is your number one secret keeper for life.
You genuinely want the very best for them in all areas of life
There’s no one you want to succeed in life more than them. You root for them in every way and encourage them to make their dreams come true no matter what.
Then once they finally accomplish their lifelong goals, there’s not a happier camper out there than you.
You’ve never felt the need to lie to each other about anything
Ever since high-school or college, from being school friends or sorority sisters to partners in crime through life’s adventures, you’ve always kept it real with each other.
You can’t imagine telling them even a white lie. You love them way too much and you know they feel the same way.
Your BFF is your go-to person for anything and everything
Need a date for a wedding? Check. In desperate need of romantic advice? Check. Need an alibi for a particular night? Check.
It’s not even in question. They’re your constant, your go-to and your life guru. Talk about a soulmate friendship!
Even when you’re physically separated, there’s never anyone closer to you
Even if you’re traveling from as far as New York to Los Angeles, or further, that has never made you feel like they’re not always there.
You’re basically on the phone constantly and thanks to FaceTime, you see them all the time. Distance has nothing on you.
You know that your bestie is always just a phone call away
Whatever you’re going through, you can just call them up and know they’ll always answer.
When it comes to you, they never screen, even if it’s the middle of the night. That’s what besties are for.
You tell each other, “I love you,” on a regular basis
They encourage self-love and never fail to tell you I love you.
Your every phone call ends on that note and even if they never said it again, you’d always know that the love is very much real.
You finish each other’s sentences
Again, this might sound like such a clichéd thing to say but you know each other so well that you finish each other’s sentences half the time.
It’s like two people sharing one brain!
Your bestie can ALWAYS tell when there’s something wrong
That’s some twin flame telepathy right there. When it comes to you, they’re a total empath.
Nothing gets by them. You can try your hardest pretending you’re okay but they always see through you. And God knows you’re grateful for that.
Sometimes, you need someone there without actually having to spell it out for them.
When something (good or bad) happens, they are your first call
When you get a promotion, adopt a new dog, get proposed to, find the CUTEST skirt or get your heart broken, they are your very first call.
You need to talk it out with them because they’ll make you feel better or they’ll be happy for you in an instant.
If it’s good news, they’ll arrive with champagne and if it’s bad, it’s Ben & Jerry’s all the way.
Soulmate Friendship Quotes To Share With Your BFF
There is no love like a best friend kind of love. And when you find your friend soulmate (aka your platonic soulmate), you cherish them like family members.
Here are some inspiring sayings that celebrate the unbreakable bond between besties.
1. “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.”― Candace Bushnell
2. “Because with true friends, no one is keeping score. But it still feels good to repay them – even in the tiniest increments.”― Emery Lord
3. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Damn, that was fun’.”― Groucho Marx
5. “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.”― S.E. Hinton
6. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “True friends are always together in spirit.”― L.M. Montgomery
8. “Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”― Oprah Winfrey
9. “You must remember, family is often born of blood, but it doesn’t depend on blood. Nor is it exclusive of friendship. Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family.”― Trenton Lee Stewart
10. “I don’t care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching–they are your family.”―Jim Butcher
11. “Close friends are truly life’s treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone.”― Vincent van Gogh
12. “True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.”― Nicole Richie
13. “Friends are God’s way of apologizing for your family.”― Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
14. “Two things you will never have to chase: True friends and true love.”― Mandy Hale
15. “For a friend with an understanding heart is worth no less than a brother.”― Homer
16. “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”― Tennessee Williams
17. “You know a real friend? Someone you know will look after your cat after you are gone.”― William S. Burroughs
18. “The most valuable gift you can receive is an honest friend.”― Stephen Richards
A sweet friendship refreshes the soul…
… and enriches your life. And the beautiful thing is that all they have to do is just exist.
Your soulmate friendship is like the fuel that propels you to reach for the stars.
They make you feel like the best version of yourself and encourage you when everyone else tries to limit your ambitions.
And honestly, that’s all you need sometimes. Someone standing in your corner, cheering you on, even when it’s likely that you’ll fail.
For as long as you have your BFF, it’s going to be okay.
That’s what this article is all about. Helping you realize that you don’t need a million people around you. All you need is that one person who never gives up on you.
You know what they say: “A good friend will be there for you when you cry. But a best friend will have a wet shoulder because of your tears.”
And that, my friends, describes a soulmate in friendship to a T.
Angel Number 2 (Meaning and Symbolism) | Sacred Help and Guidance
Tuesday 7th of February 2023
[…] Our life is full of surprises, so it is necessary to have somebody alongside us, that’s why it is important to find a perfect friend or love mate for yourself. By angel number 2, your angels are letting you know that you will soon meet your partner whether in the form of a loyal friend or a soulmate. […]
11 Reasons It's WONDERFUL to Have A True Soulmate - Five Cowries Creek
Monday 19th of December 2022
[…] https://herway.net/true-soulmate-friendship/ […]