Is there symbolism in every dream? I believe there is, especially if you are looking for a Biblical meaning.
Each flower has its own meaning to us, and so does dreaming about them. Any stepping stone we achieve in our life is seen off with flowers. Therefore, flowers in any form are a big part of our lives.
Flowers symbolize beauty and purity, but what is the biblical meaning of flowers in a dream?
In Christianity, flowers have special places. They are seen on graves, churches, and often in the Bible. Today, I’ll help you figure out what the flowers in your dream mean.
What Is The Biblical Meaning Of Flowers In A Dream?
Dreams with flowers are pretty common, so the biblical meaning of flowers in a dream is easy to decipher. Here is what they mean:
Flower dreams and the Bible
“The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.” – Song of Solomon 2:12
Different cultures interpret flowers differently, and we want to stick to our own since we are part of the Christian world. That is why we need to look for the biblical meaning of flowers, especially if we have a spiritual or religious dream with them.
Flowers in the Bible have numerous meanings. They can represent humans, human life, prosperity, and even death. Therefore, you will have to interpret your dreams and figure out what they mean.
There are a few things you need to remember from your dream about flowers to be able to interpret it according to the Bible fully, and this includes:
• Color: The color of the flower in your dream plays a crucial role in interpreting what your dream means. You might not have thought about it, but there can be a totally different biblical meaning to a red flower and a white rose.
• State of the flower: You need to remember the state of the flower in your dream. While most flowers represent positive things, withered flowers have negative connotations.
• Action: Are you picking flowers or watering them? Your actions also tell you how to interpret the current state of your flower, or rather, its biblical interpretation.
• The course of the dream: To fully interpret your dream in line with how God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus Christ intended it, you need to remember what happened in it and any other details that might matter.
While there were no dreams of flowers ever mentioned in the Bible, God’s love should always be interpreted as a flower gift. It is pure and beautiful. The most valued gift humanity has received.
This is why we today can figure out the biblical meaning of flowers in a dream in line with Christianity and not wander off into the world of sin.
The biblical message behind the flowers in your dreams
“Awake, north wind, and come south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread everywhere. Let my beloved come into his garden and taste its choice fruits.” – Song of Songs 4:16
Once you have considered what you were dreaming of, the type of flower you were dreaming of, and which color the flowers in your dream were, you can proceed to interpret your dream.
Remember, biblical interpretation isn’t just about what the Bible says. Of course, it is a crucial part. But you also need to know what your subconscious is trying to tell you. If you have a hunch about what your flower dream might mean, feel free to follow it.
In fact, biblical interpretation is there to help you answer your own spiritual questions and, therefore, should never be studied exclusively through the Bible. The person for whom the biblical dream interpretation is done should be the key to the answer.
The biblical meaning of flowers in a dream is, in fact, straightforward. Most commonly, you just need to address your problems, and Jesus Christ is pointing that out. This is especially true if you have seen a bright light or feel like your dream was more of a spiritual message.
You will have to look at your life and be honest with yourself: Are you currently facing any challenges? Have you lost a loved one? Should you regain control of your life?
You can talk to a therapist or a loved one about your dreams, but a dream of a beautiful flower can only be a good sign.
If you still cannot interpret your dream by yourself, here is a cheat sheet to the biblical meaning of flowers in dreams:
• God’s will: He plants seeds and grows them wherever he wants.
• Fruitfulness: Fruit flowers are the most beautiful blossoms.
• Love of Jesus: He might be expressing his love for you.
• Purity: This goes especially for white flowers like lilies.
• Eternal life: For flowers like daffodils.
• Angels: The smell of roses is a sign angels are near.
• The world of man: Always trying to reach the light of God.
• Fragility: Flowers are fragile, just like our souls.
• Death: The end is near for the flower.
• Resurrection: They come back every year from seeds.
• Beauty: The most obvious, since they are nice to look at and smell.
• Elegance: Simplicity is always effective.
We have looked at the most common biblical meaning of flowers in a dream. In the next part of this article, we will explore exactly what different types of flowers mean, together with a list of the most common flower dreams and how to interpret them according to the Bible.
Types Of Flowers And Their Biblical Meanings
“The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.” – Isaiah 35:1
“I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.” – Hosea 14:5
“Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.” – Luke 12:27
Not all flowers bear the same meaning. This is why the type of flower you dream of is crucial in biblical interpretation. Needless to say, each type of flower is unique, and each biblical meaning of flowers in a dream brings its own meaning with it.
Flowers, regardless of type, were once believed to originate in pagan rites, and early Christians, therefore, didn’t use them. A lot of things have changed since then, and we see flowers almost everywhere now.
The type of flower plays a crucial role in symbolism, and to better understand what the Lord’s message is, we also need to understand what flower he bestowed upon us.
Here are some of the most common types of flowers seen in our dreams and interpreted to the Lord’s Word:
• Red rose: The most beautiful flowers represent Jesus’s crown. It can also be interpreted as his blood and love for humans. If the rose has five petals, they represent the five wounds from the crucifixion.
• White rose: Represents Jesus’s purity.
• Daffodils: Generally considered an amazing symbol in Christianity, this flower is considered a sign of resurrection. Since it is the first flower to bloom in the spring, it can signify birth.
• Passionflower: Is used as a reminder of Jesus’s sacrifice, his crucifixion, and resurrection.
• White lily: Represents Virgin Mary’s purity and divinity.
• Sunflower: Yellow flowers are a symbol of rebirth and a sign that the negative period in life has passed and that a new cycle begins.
• Thorns: Just like Jesus’s crown during the crucifixion, thorns do not have a positive connotation. Their biblical meaning represents hurt and bad things coming to those who dream of them.
11 Of The Most Common Flower Dreams And Their Biblical Interpretations
“For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For, all people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall.” – Peter 1:23–24
Now we have looked at the most common flower types in dreams, together with their interpretations, and other biblical interpretations of the flower, it is time to look at the different actions in our flower dreams.
In our biblical meaning of flowers in a dream, how and what we do with the flowers can play a crucial role in understanding and interpreting what biblical meaning each dream has. Therefore, it is crucial to remember your dream’s actions and course.
Here are some of the most common ways people dream of flowers and how one can interpret them in accordance with the Bible:
• Smell of roses: Numerous people who have talked with angels in prayer have reported that they have smelled roses. In other words, it is believed that this smell is a telltale sign you are in the presence of an angel. Maybe the dream you had might not have been just a regular one.
• Receiving flowers: Just like you might expect, this is a positive dream that means you have positively affected someone’s life. In other words, the person giving you flowers is giving you their thankfulness.
• Flowers in a vase: While there is no literal symbolism of a flower vase in the Bible, we can interpret this as a peaceful period. In other words, your dream is telling you that you should enjoy the moment since you are in for a smooth patch.
• Picking flowers: Regardless if we are talking about wildflowers or colorful flowers, the act of picking them represents learning new things or enjoying the way you live life at the moment. In any case, it is a positive omen.
• Planting flowers: God and Jesus also planted flowers and enjoyed them. In the Bible, this means that you are expecting something good to happen to you or looking to the future and better things.
• Colorful flowers: Colorful flowers generally represent positivity in a person, and this dream might mean that you are living in accordance with the Christian way.
• Blooming flowers: This type of dream is trying to tell you that you are a good person and should enjoy your good deeds. In any case, blooming flowers are a good sign.
• Sending flowers: This dream signifies that you are thankful or love the person you’ve sent the flowers to.
• Bouquet: This dream can either be about you or someone else sending or receiving a bouquet. The bouquet represents something positive, and giving or receiving the flowers inside of it is also considered a positive omen.
• Wildflowers: Unlike most other flowers on our list, dreaming of wildflowers can be a warning. Wild flowers can represent complications, and dreaming about them might warn you that you are overcomplicating things in your life.
• Wilted or dead flowers: One of the most negative omens in flower dreams is wilted flowers. Generally, in the Bible, wilted flowers represent death. Of course, your dream doesn’t have to be that dark. It could just mean the end of something: a job, relationship, or period in your life.
What Is The Spiritual Meaning Of Flower In The Bible?
In the Bible, flowers mean fragility, beauty, and the fall of humankind. In other words, as beautiful and breathtaking a flower might be, it is bound to die eventually.
Flowers are often seen in scripture, so their symbolism isn’t that hard to decipher. There are numerous flowers and flower names mentioned in the Bible multiple times.
Roses and lilies are types of flowers Christ made to imitate his deeds. They are the most often talked about flowers in the Bible.
Roses are symbols of rarity, beauty, and wonderful fragrance in the Bible. They show in one instance how Jesus can transform a desert into a beautiful rose field.
A rose resembles a crown, meaning that it also symbolizes Christ as the gift to humanity and the one who God crowns.
Lillies are known from the “Song of Solomon” as the lily of the valley. They represent a type of Christ who is pure, with a beautiful appearance, sweet, and fruitful. Another thing they symbolize is the purity of the Christian way. We are as fruitful and numerous as the lily flowers.
“I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.” – Song of Solomon 2:1
The Bible has many references to flowers. In the book of Genesis, God creates a flower garden with many plants. Flowers represent life because they bloom and grow even in uncertain times.
Flowers also represent the beauty of Jesus. He was born in a manger surrounded by myrrh and frankincense. Flowers represent his birth since he was born into a world full of sin.
What Do Flowers Symbolize In Dreams?
Generally, flowers in dream interpretation symbolize happiness and joy. For example, some red roses may signify affection from or towards someone. Of course, this interpretation is different from the biblical meaning of flowers in a dream.
A dream of flowers is almost always interpreted positively. Of course, different flowers have different meanings. According to the color of the flowers, you should be able to interpret your dream.
White flowers can mean purity or loss of it, purple flowers might mean news in the near future, and colorful flowers have a symbolic meaning of new beginnings and happiness.
On the other hand, if you see wilted flowers in your dream, you may feel neglected or unappreciated in your daily life. In this case, you might see blue flowers that symbolize sadness and wildflowers that might also symbolize bad things.
In any case, flowers are common dream symbols, and you should interpret them either for yourself or seek help from an outside source.
What Do Flowers Mean Prophetically?
Prophetically, flowers represent Jesus, his beauty, fragility, and most importantly, the love of God humans received. Truthfully, it is the most beautiful gift humankind has ever received.
Other cultures have also tried to figure out the prophetic meaning of flowers. The biblical meaning of flowers in a dream varies from culture to culture. The meanings are usually based on the flower’s symbolism, their colors, and what they represent in nature.
Generally speaking, we love figuring out the hidden meaning behind things. This is why different cultures have believed that it is necessary to understand the language of flowers for centuries.
Flowers have always played an important role in human culture and civilization. They symbolize love and beauty, but they also have a spiritual and biblical meaning.
As we said before, there are many different kinds of flowers and each one has its own meaning. For example, the lily symbolizes purity, while the peony is a symbol of wealth and prosperity.
This is why Christians need to understand both the biblical meaning and prophetic signs of flowers, especially if you have often dreamed of them.
Prophetic interpretation means we want to understand what the prophet Jesus would believe of flowers. He would say that flowers are like God’s love on earth.
In other words, they are a beautiful gift to humans, and some might not be able to understand it, while others live according to it.
Of course, this is not the only meaning of flowers. Flowers also represent beauty, rebirth, and fragility in the Bible and throughout Christianity.
Waking up after a good night’s sleep and remembering that you dreamed of flowers doesn’t have to be anything negative. Fresh flowers are generally interpreted as positive things.
Even when we are talking about withered flowers, at least your dream dictionary can help you figure out what is happening in your life and what is, in fact, bothering you.
I hope I’ve helped you shed light on what the biblical meaning of flowers in a dream is and that you’ve finally realized what your religious dream meant.