A fake friend is one of the worst things one can encounter in life, and yet, one of the most common things everyone has surely experienced at least once.
Real friends truly do make life that much better because real people don’t come by very often.
Shitty things and fake friends will always find their way back to you.
But finding a reason to get up each day and choosing to stay strong is what life is all about!
After finding yourself in some of these fake people quotes, continue on and motivate yourself to find inspiration in the loyal people around you.
Here are some much-needed fake people quotes for all those individuals who show their true colors at some point.
If we choose to look at them as lessons learned instead of mistakes, ultimately, it’s our win.
You can’t let fakers make you forget about the importance of true friends.
1. “You would always have undesired people around you but desired ones are least likely.” – Pushpa Rana
2. “Growing up means realizing a lot of your friends aren’t really your friends.”
3. “Fake friends: Once they stop talking to you, they start talking about you.”
4. “Everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean you are your friends. People pretend well. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention.”
5. “Fake people don’t surprise me anymore, loyal people do.”
6. “Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.”
7. “People don’t change, they reveal who they really are.”
8. “When people are two-faced, the only thing you’ll know for sure is that you can’t trust either of them.”
9. “Pay close attention to the people who don’t clap when you win.”
10. “People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world.”
11. “Life is too short for fake butter, cheese, or people.”
12. “Fake people hate honesty. It’s the lies that keep them feeling good about themselves and their lives. So share your true feelings about their actions and watch how they fade away.”
13. “Fake is the new trend and everyone seems to be in style.”
14. “Some people forget about you until they want something from you.”
Fake Friends Quotes
We’ve all had a brush with a fake friend at some point or another.
It’s a challenging experience but one that helps you see who the real people in your life are and who to discard. And once you’ve made your peace with it, you become that much stronger for any future misfortune.
1. “Cut off fake people for real reasons, not real people for fake reasons.”
2. “Not my job to expose the fake. In due time they expose themselves.”
3. “People’s bulls*** and fakeness are the main reasons why I like to be alone.”
4. “I love straight forward people. The lack of drama makes life so much easier.”
5. “Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.”
6. “Always sleep with one eye open. Never take anything for granted. Your best friends might just be your enemies.”
7. “Every coin has two sides, just like most people have two faces.”
8. “Fake people are only nice when it’s convenient for them or they usually have a hidden agenda. Genuinely nice people go out of their way to help others and they have an honest heart. Stick with the ones who never let you down and keep their promises. You can’t fake that.”
9. “The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.”
10. “Lord, give me the strength to tolerate this fake bitch.”
11. “Fake friends are no different than shadows, they stick around during your brightest moments, but disappear during your darkest hours.”
12. “True friends cry when you leave. Fake friends leave when you cry.”
13. “You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it.” – Mandy Hale
14. “Sometimes you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care but because they don’t.”
15. “A fake friend likes to see you do well, but not better than them.”
16. “Fake friends will believe the gossip about you, but real friends know better and stand up for you.”
17. “Only a true friend will tell you to your face, what others are saying behind your back.”
18. “Fake friends show their true colors when they don’t need you anymore. Be aware.”
19. “Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.”
20. “One fake friend can do more damage than five enemies.”
21. “True friends will always find a way to help you. Fake friends will always find an excuse.”
22. “I don’t have time for fake friends anymore. Either be real, or be gone.”
23. “Friends don’t leave their friends for other friends.”
24. “As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have a ton of friends, and more important to have real ones.”
Inspirational Fake Friends Quotes
Inspire yourself with some wise words that will shed some light on who the real people in your life are and who are just temporary passengers.
Fake people don’t have the power over you unless you give it to them.
1. “Fake friends are no different than shadows, they stick around during your brightest moments, but disappear during your darkest hours.”
2. “True friends cry when you leave. Fake friends leave when you cry.”
3. “Sometimes you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care but because they don’t.”
4. “A fake friend likes to see you do well, but not better than them.”
5. “Fake friends will believe the gossip about you, but real friends know better and stand up for you.”
6. “Only a true friend will tell you to your face, what others are saying behind your back.”
7. “Fake friends show their true colors when they don’t need you anymore. Be aware.”
8. “Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.”
9. “One fake friend can do more damage than five enemies.”
10. “True friends will always find a way to help you. Fake friends will always find an excuse.”
11. “I don’t have time for fake friends anymore. Either be real, or be gone.”
12. “Friends don’t friends for other friends.”
13. “As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have a ton of friends, and more important to have real ones.”
14. “Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.”
15. “You always knew after s**ty things happened, who your friends really were.” – Jodi Picoult
16. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.” – Orrin Woodward
17. “You got nothing to lose. You don’t lose when you lose fake friends.”
18. “Some people are real. Some people are good. Some people are fake and some people are real good at being fake.”
19. “A true friend cares about what’s going on in your life. A fake friend will make their problems sound bigger. Be a true friend.”
20. “A real situation will always expose a fake friend.”
21. “I didn’t lose a friend, I just realized I never had one.”
22. “Fake friends are like autumn leaves, they’re scattered everywhere.”
23. “It’s funny how you’re nice to my face. It’s hilarious how you talk s*** behind my back. And it’s downright comical that you think I’m unaware.”
24. “Friends are like boobs: some are big, some are small, some are real, some are fake.”
25. “Fake friends are around when they think you’re cool. True friends are around even when they think you’re a fool.”
26. “Stay real, stay loyal, or stay away from me.”
27. “I’m so tired of: fake friends, drama, liars, being ignored, getting hurt.”
28. “Fake friends are like shadows. They follow you in the sun but leave you in the dark.”
29. “Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.”
30. “Everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean you are your friends. People pretend well. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention.”
31. “Fake friends: once they stop talking to you, they start talking about you.”
32. “Being betrayed is one of the most valuable lessons life can teach.” – Shania Twain
33. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
34. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
35. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” – William Penn
36. “Eliminate those fake friends who seem real when you have something and disappear when you have nothing.” – Rashida Rowe
37. “It is only the great-hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, can never know what true friendship means.” – Charles Kingsley
38. “What greater wound is there than a false friend?” – Sophocles
39. “A genuine enemy is more useful than a fake friend.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
40. “Sometimes the person you’d take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun.” – Tupac
Motivational Fake People Quotes
Here are some motivational words to live by! Pick yourself up and help yourself see your true strength.
True friends will always be there, just be sure to leave room for them by discarding all the fakers.
1. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
2. “He who is jealous, is never jealous of what you see, with what is imagined is enough.” – Jacinto Benavente
3. “Anyone that hates on you is always below you because they’re just jealous of what you have.” – Miley Cyrus
4. “Best friends has 11 letters, but so does Backstabber.” – Wiz Khalifa
5. “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.” – Genereux Philip
6. “I hate fake people. You know what I’m talking about. Mannequins.” – Jarod Kintz
7. “You should be aware of fake friends because it is the hardest to be aware of.” – Eraldo Banovac
8. “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.” – Lauren Conrad
9. “You never lose Friends. Real ones will always stay – no matter what, and the fakes, you don’t need anyways.” – Drishti Bablani
10. “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.” – Kemmy Nola
11. “An honest enemy is better than a best friend who lies.” – Vandi Tanko
12. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” – Richard Burton
13. “Nobody wants to know how you feel, yet, they want you to do what they feel.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
14. “Fake friends are with you today and against you tomorrow. Whatever they say defines them not you.” – Shizra
15. “Always be careful of your friend who loves your enemy; you either trust such a fellow for your life or for your death!” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
16. “Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are everywhere around you. They will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper.” – Shizra
17. “We never lose friends, fake ones are exposed.” – Carlos Wallace
18. “Life is all about losing friends, the people you know. So, just that you get better at finding the ones worth suffering for.” – Mohit Kaushik
19. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
20. “At some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” – Sandi Lynn
21. “One of the biggest flaws of people is pretending to be blind to their own mistakes, but do not pretend to be deaf towards the mistakes of others.”
22. “Lovers have a right to betray you, friends don’t.” – Judy Holliday
23. “Fire false friends as early as possible. Do it before they dig out the dream seeds you’ve planted. The earlier, the better; the quicker, the safer.” – Israelmore Ayivor
24. “We teach people how to treat us.” – Dr. Phil
25. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.”
Fake People Quotes to Help You Pull Through
In your difficult times, rely on these quotes to help you pull through. Sometimes, you just need to be your own hero.
It’s hard and it sucks, but life isn’t fair. All you can do is what’s best for you, and hope that your real friends see your value. If they don’t, they’re not your friends.
1. “I got my own back.” – Maya Angelou
2. “A friendship that can cease has never been real.” – St. Jerome
3. “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” – Henry David Thoreau
4. “Sometimes it’s not the person who changes, it’s the mask that falls off.” – Mhaj Porras
5. “If people are hating you it’s often because they are: 1. Threatened by you, 2. Jealous of you, or 3. Feeling like you’re above them so they put you down to feel better about themselves. The greatest people have haters for a reason, so take it as a compliment.” – Jeanette Coron
6. “You got nothing to lose. You don’t lose when you lose fake friends.” – Joan Jett
7. “Trolls and haters are only distractions from your greater purpose. When you achieve your goals and success, not only will the trolls and haters be forgotten, but they will definitely be looked upon as the biggest fools.” – Kaitlin Gow
8 .”Some people aren’t loyal to you. They are loyal to their need for you. Once their needs change, so does their loyalty.”
9. “Better an honest enemy than a false friend.” – German Proverb
10. “A lot of problems in the world would disappear if we talk to each other instead of about each other.”
11. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” – Suzy Kassem
12. “If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it’s ok, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.” – Germany Kent
13. “Fake friends are like shadows. They follow you in the sun but leave you in the dark.”
14. “It makes no sense to try to extend a friendship that was only meant to be a season into a lifetime.” – Mandy Hale
15. “Not all toxic people are cruel and uncaring. Some of them love us dearly. Many of them have good intentions. Most are toxic to our being simply because… they aren’t inherently bad people, but they aren’t the right people for us. And as hard as it is, we have to let them go.” – Daniell Koepke
16. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” – Jane Austen
17. “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
18. “Before you count your friends, make sure you can count on them. Some friends are only around when they want something from you but are never there when you need something from them.” – Rashida Rowe
19. “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” – Buddha
20. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” – Richard Burton
21. “Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.” – Ismail Haniyeh
22. “Just as the unwanted pregnancy, there are unwanted people in your life you should strive to abort, and such abortion is not sinning, nor harm, but the eradication of a destructive fetus.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
23. “Most people want to see you do better, but not doing better than them.” – London Mond
24. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasow
25. “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.” – Chinonye J. Chudolue
26. “Mindset matters… always. The difference found between the victorious and the envious, the successful and the haters; is mindset.” – Steve Maraboli
27. “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” – Genereux Philip
28. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” – Hussein Nishah
29. “Buy a gift for a dog and you will be amazed at the way it will dance and swerve its tail, but if you don’t have anything to offer it, it won’t even recognize your arrival; such are the attributes of fake friends.” – Michael Bassey Johns
30. “A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
Additional Fake People Quotes
1. “The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals and dreams. The weak-minded become haters.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “Knowledge planted in truth grows in truth. Strength born of peace loses nothing to hate.” – Aberjhani
3. “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” – Waqar Ahmed
4. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them… They always say the problem is someone else.” – Darlene Quimet
5. “Hatred imprisons the haters; love opens doors.” – Debasish Mridha
6. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” – George Washington Carver
7. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” – Habeeb Akande
8. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
9. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” – Chris Jammi
10. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.” – Orrin Woodward
11. “Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.” – Israelmore Ayivor
12. “We fear our enemy but the bigger and real fear is that of a fake friend who is sweetest to your face and most vile behind your back.” – Mufti Ismail Menk
13. “Pretend to be poor in reality and you’ll notice a decrease in your friends’ list and request.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
14. “I despise the rituals of fake friendship. I wish we could just claw each other’s eyes out and call it a day; instead, we put on huge radiant smiles and spout compliments until our teeth hurt from the saccharine sweetness of it all.” – Jody Gehrman
15. “It is hard to deal with someone who smiles and pretends to like you to your face and sticks that eight-inch blade in your back when you turn around.” – Nishan Panwar
16. “A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines.” – Benjamin Franklin
17. “An honest enemy is better than a false friend. When in doubt, pay more attention to what people do and less to what they say. Actions not only speak louder than words, they are more difficult to fake.” – Zero Dean
18. “Watch who you call friend, because friends are the same ones that will leak your business to everyone after y’all not friends anymore.” – Ritu Ghatourey
19. “Time alone can prove the worth of friendship. As time goes by we lose the false ones and keep the best. True friends stay when all the rest are gone.” – Ritu Ghatourey
20. “I’ve got more respect for someone who comes out and says they don’t like me than for the ones who act like they do but talk bad about me when I’m not around.” – Mitchell Perry
21. “Keep talking about me behind my back, and watch God keep blessing me in front of your face.”
22. “I used to think enemies were the worst people in the world, but that was until I met fake friends and realized that they’re a lot worse.”
23. “The same person that speaks highly of you will be the same person that downs you. Be careful who you call friends.”
24. “Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.”
25. “An enemy, who is honest and shows his/her hate openly is better than a friend who is a liar and putting you down secretly.”
26. “I may not be perfect, but at least I am not fake. With me, what you see is what you get.”
27. “You cannot always trust what you see. Even salt looks like sugar.”
All of these fake people quotes ring a bell don’t they?
Who here hasn’t experienced an excruciatingly fake friendship with someone they once considered a best friend?
I’m sure the number is limitless, as I personally have struggled with fake friends throughout many phases of my life. But you know what?
You can never know the real value of a true friend until you get disappointed by a false friend who ultimately showed their true colors.
Life always goes on, but with each fake friend we encounter, it gets that much more difficult to put your trust in anyone.
Sadly, there isn’t a cure that will magically heal you from a fake friend’s backstabbing, but what I’ve found to be helpful is a collection of fake friends quotes that have made me see I’m not alone in feeling so broken.
But today, I’m going to do something a little bit different. Instead of providing you with a list of only sad quotes and fake friends sayings, I’ll offer you more.
Here, you’ll be able to find the best quotes collection that includes everything from life quotes, love quotes, friend quotes, and funny quotes, to inspirational quotes and motivational quotes!