As difficult as it is sometimes to say goodbye to people and things, it is also imperative to know that with each goodbye and each door closed, there is a possibility for a new beginning. A better beginning.
When you are brave enough to let go of people that are no longer serving any purpose in your life and accept the ending in a healthy manner, you are giving yourself an opportunity to heal properly and promptly.
And when you do that, you will see that with that door closed, another one has opened.
Here are some things you will realize when one door closes that will make it easier for you to keep on living with your head held high.
1. When things fall apart, it usually means that something better is going to happen for us. For as long as you don’t lose hope, you will come to realize this to be true.
2. Sometimes, difficult partings are blessings in disguise. You just have to wait for them to reveal themselves.
3. You just need to take it one day at a time. Take deep breaths, and wait for things to fall back into place. It will take a little time, but in the end, it’s all going to come together.
4. When you least expect it, somebody will come and help you put yourself back together, and you will see why you had to go through that heartbreak. It was necessary for you to be able to know what not to accept ever again and find someone who deserves you.
5. You will realize that some doors simply don’t lead anywhere anymore. And that’s okay. You will come out stronger after coming to terms with this.
6. Your family and friends will show up for you when you need them the most. You will see this now more than ever, and you will learn never to take that for granted.
7. You will finally see that every time something didn’t work out in the past… it was because it was redirecting you to something better in your future.
8. Life is too short to spend time with people who make us miserable, no matter how much love we may have for them. When it’s not working, it’s best to part ways, and focus on better things in your life.
9. When you feel like things are becoming too difficult, you will realize that you need to take a step back, and reevaluate if it is bringing anything positive into your life. And if the answer is ‘no’, you know what to do.
10. Nobody ever promised you that things would be easy. But if it’s the right thing, it will be worth it in the end.
11. It will become crystal clear who has your back in life and who’s just tagging along. Unfortunate situations always reveal people’s true natures.
12. You will learn to see value in these new things that you are opening yourself up to. You will realize that you were held back for so long, and the future will seem a bit brighter than you previously may have feared.
13. When you move confidently in the right direction, you will be able to live the life you’ve always dreamed of.
14. Sometimes it is good to start something new! You never know what life has in store for you, and it can be so exciting and better than you ever expected it to be!
So don’t fear the future; it can positively surprise you.
15. You will understand that what is meant to be will always find a way to happen. And what requires a lot of effort and forcing usually isn’t worth it.
16. When you let go of someone you’ve held onto for so long, you will see how much negativity he or she was bringing you. You will see that you are capable of so much and that you deserve someone who will know that, too!
You just need to find the courage to let go, and from there, it will only get easier.
17. When it’s not going right, you need to keep yourself motivated. Find something that will push you forward and keep your spirits up!
When you have something to look forward to in life, you will get back on track much more easily! Find your thing, and stick to it.
18. When one door closes in your face, you will see what you really need as opposed to what you want. Those can be two different things. You should always follow your gut, and go after the thing that will make a positive impact on your life.
19. Whenever life throws a challenge at you, it’s a new opportunity to prove to yourself how tough and capable you really are and show everybody that you can handle it.
20. You will realize that what awaits you is better than what is gone! There will be excitement in new opportunities.
21. Life sometimes just isn’t fair. There is no explanation, and no reasoning behind it. Sometimes you just have to go through some tough shit, build yourself up and realize that it only prepared you for the next bad thing. And now you know you can handle anything, you’re ready for this new life, with all its ups and downs.
22. Each bad experience teaches you to grow as a person and learn from it. So, everything that you went through was a lesson and a test.
And since you are here, reading this, it means you passed, and you are tougher than you thought. Congratulations!
Now keep kicking life’s ass, and don’t let anything bring you down. Have a little faith in yourself because things always get better.
If they haven’t, it means it’s still not the end.