It doesn’t matter whether you’re in the process of getting to know someone new or you want to deepen the bond between you and your partner, it’s a proven fact that asking them the right love questions can bring you toward your goal.
Two decades ago, psychologist Arthur Aron of Stony Brook University conducted research in which he tried to prove whether it’s possible to generate intimacy between two strangers.
He gave a group of people a list of 36 love questions, divided into Set I, Set II and Set III. Each set of questions was more and more personal and it increased the intensity of self-disclosure.
After that, they shared four-minute-long eye contact.
Years after that, Mandy Len Catron wrote an article that was featured in The New York Times, which repeated the study with the exact same list of questions.
She claims that she fell in love with her question partner.
So, I guess that there are some love questions that can help two people become more intimate or even grow to love each other.
Nevertheless, you don’t have to use these personal questions just with a stranger.
In fact, they’re a great way to get to know your partner better and to dig deep under the layers of their personality.
Here is the ultimate list of 100 love questions you can use to fall back in love with your romantic partner or to get to know someone new to the core.
1. If you had a crystal ball that could predict your entire future, what is the first thing you would want to know?
2. What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
3. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
4. If you had the chance to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?
5. If your entire house catches fire, but you have enough time to make a final dash and to save just one of your material belongings, what would it be?
6. If you had the chance to remain a close friend to your ex, would you do it?
7. If you could choose to have a dinner guest, any person in the world, living or dead, who would it be?
8. What is the most vulnerable thing you have done in front of another person?
9. What do you consider to be the greatest accomplishment of your life?
10. When did you last cry?
11. When did you last sing?
12. If you could write a book about your life story, what would it be titled?
13. What is the one thing you would never listen to your partner’s advice about?
14. What is your biggest personal problem at this moment?
15. Complete the following sentence: ‘Right now, I’m in this room feeling…’
16. Do you have a secret hunch about how your life will look when you grow old?
17. Do you prefer making a telephone call to your partner or to text them?
18. What is your most treasured memory from your love life?
19. What is your most terrible memory from your love life?
20. How would you like to spend the last years of your life?
21. What do you assume is the most positive characteristic of your partner?
22. Do you think it’s possible to fall in love with the same person multiple times?
23. To you, what is the most painful thing about breaking up?
24. How would you describe the sensation of falling in love in three words?
25. What is your dream first date?
26. Do you believe in love at first sight?
27. What are the three things you despise about modern love?
28. Do you have a desire to know literally everything from your partner’s relationship past?
29. What do you think are the three most important relationship core values?
30. What is the thing you like the most about your partner?
31. If you knew you would die tomorrow, who would you call? What are you waiting for?
32. What is the one thing you never want to do again in your life?
33. What is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for someone?
34. Can you explain the difference between being romantic and cheesy?
35. What’s the best dating advice you’ve ever heard or read?
36. What is your biggest relationship phobia?
37. How many serious romantic relationships have you had so far?
38. If you could choose, would you be with a different person every night of your life or would you stay next to just one partner, without any possibility of leaving them?
39. When did you have your first kiss and do you remember who it was with?
40. What is necessary for you to fall in love?
41. What has to occur for you to get your heart broken?
42. What is the one thing you would never tolerate from your partner?
43. How should your perfect romance look?
44. If you could skip any of these 100 love questions, which one would it be?
45. When would you say that your last relationship was doomed to fail?
46. What is the toughest but most valuable lesson your past relationship taught you?
47. What are the three main differences between a healthy and a toxic relationship?
48. If you had the chance to relive one year of your life, which one would it be and why?
49. If you had the chance to erase one year of your life, which one would it be and why?
50. If you had the chance to erase one person from your life and memory, who would it be and why?
51. What is the most important thing needed to keep the butterflies alive and to prevent your relationship from falling into a rut?
52. How long does it usually take you to get over a relationship and to jump into a new one?
53. How often do you go on dates when you’re single?
54. What is the type of behavior other people probably find perfectly acceptable but for you is not okay in a relationship?
55. What was the best first date you’ve ever been on?
56. Would you rather be known for your intelligence or your looks?
57. How important is money to you?
58. What three words would you use to describe your family?
59. Would you rather be crazy rich or meet the love of your life?
60. Do you think that you can stop loving someone or do parts of the love you once had for another person remain inside of you forever?
61. What is the most important quality in a person?
62. Of them all, what type of love is most important to you?
63. Do you think you can love someone besides yourself unconditionally?
64. How do you know that you love someone?
65. How do you differentiate between love and affection?
66. What are the key differences between loving your partner and being in love with them?
67. What are the three intimate actions besides sleeping together that you enjoy doing the most?
68. Why do you usually fall in love with people and what attracts you to them?
69. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
70. If you could choose between passionate and exciting love and one that makes you calm and feels like home, which would you pick?
71. What is the number one reason you usually fall out of love?
72. Do you expect your love to change the other person?
73. If you had to choose between experiencing physical or emotional infidelity, which one would you pick?
74. If you had to choose, would you rather have a once-in-a-lifetime kind of love that has to end or an average kind of love that lasts until death do you part?
75. Do you believe that you could love only one person romantically for the rest of your life?
76. Do you believe that you never truly forget about the first person you ever loved?
77. How do you think love has changed you?
78. If you had to choose between a physical, emotional or intellectual connection with your partner, which one would you pick?
79. Have you ever loved someone more than you loved yourself?
80. Do you think you should be open about your feelings from the first day or is it better to be a little bit mysterious?
81. What is the craziest thing someone has ever done just because they loved you?
82. What is the most difficult sacrifice you had to make for the sake of love?
83. What is the one thing you could never forgive anyone in your life?
84. If you had to choose between your friends and your romantic partner, who would you pick?
85. What is the one rule you have yourself that you would never break, even if your life depended on it?
86. What type of person could you never fall in love with?
87. What do you usually miss the most about a relationship after breaking up?
88. What scares you most about love and why?
89. Do you think that opposites attract or do you believe that partners should be as similar to each other as possible?
90. Out of all the people in your life right now, whose death would affect you the most and why?
91. Would you rather be forever alone but happy or spend the rest of your life with a partner who makes you miserable?
92. Would you stay in an unhappy marriage for the sake of the children?
93. Would you rather be with someone you’re in love with but are not compatible with or with someone you don’t love as much but are compatible with?
94. Do you believe in the concept of soulmates, other halves and twin flames?
95. Do you think it’s better to follow your heart, no matter where it takes you, or to be guided by your reason, even if that means hurting yourself emotionally?
96. How does love change your priorities?
97. What is the one obstacle you think no loving couple could overcome, no matter the depth of the feelings they share?
98. What’s the most emotional movie you’ve ever seen?
99. What is the activity you enjoy doing with your partner the most?
100. What would have to happen for you to start believing that you’re not meant to be loved?
Each one of these love questions has its purpose and a deeper meaning.
They’ve been carefully chosen and should serve you to get to know the core of another person’s personality, as well as their way of thinking.
Try your best not to show any reaction to their responses. Don’t have them see that you disagree or even judge something they say. Otherwise, you won’t get honest answers.