For most people, first dates are awkward because we don’t know what to talk about with our new partner and we’re all nerves.
Actually, we are afraid that we might say something that will offend our date.
We bring you our list of first date questions to help you make your first date conversation less awkward and more enjoyable.
With this, you’ll see that first dates can be a wonderful experience.
Here are some questions that are great as conversation starters or for small talks. If you want to win your date over with your sense of humor, we have also funny questions to ask.
Everything you need for a good first date is here. Memorize some of these questions and use them on your next first date.
The other person will be amazed by your interest in getting to know them which is a surefire way to get a girlfriend or boyfriend!
First Date Icebreaker Questions
1. What is something interesting that I should know about you?
2. What are your hobbies?
3. Where do you work, and what do you do?
4. Where did you grow up?
5. Which 3 words describe you best?
6. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this week?
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
8. What is the longest word you know?
9. What is the best praise or advice you’ve received?
10. What was your favorite birthday or Christmas present ever?
11. Where would you like to be in 5 years’ time?
12. If money was not a concern, what would you do every day?
13. What is the best/worst/cheesiest pickup line you’ve heard or used?
14. What is your work like? What do you enjoy about work?
15. What kind of food do you like to eat?
16. What is the furthest you have traveled from home? Why did you go there?
17. What is your favorite movie?
18. What’s your favorite TV show?
19. What would your talent be if you were Miss or Mister World?
20. What would the title of your autobiography be?
21. If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
22. What is your favorite magical or mythological animal?
23. Who’s your favorite character from a TV show, movie, or book?
24. What does your favorite shirt look like?
25. Who is your favorite Disney hero or heroine? Would you trade places with them?
26. What would your dream house be like?
27. What TV shows did you watch when you were a kid?
Important First Date Questions
1. What is your top relationship deal-breaker?
2. What should a healthy relationship provide for the people in it?
3. Do you believe everything happens for a reason, or do we just find reasons after things happen?
4. Is there anything you consider absolutely unforgivable?
5. If you wake up tomorrow with no fear, what would you do first?
6. In your life, what has been the biggest blessing in disguise?
7. If you could pick one year of your life to do over, which would it be and why?
8. What is one behavior that you never tolerate?
9. What’s your best friend like?
10. How many siblings do you have?
11. If you could write a note to your younger self, what would you say in only 3 words?
12. What is the one thing that makes you feel alive?
13. Do you usually follow your head or your heart when making decisions?
14. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
15. What are your goals in a relationship?
16. What is your zodiac sign?
17. What are your thoughts on having a family?
18. Where do you see yourself living when you retire?
19. What are your financial priorities and goals?
20. What is on your bucket list for this year?
21. What’s the one thing you most want to achieve before you die?
22. Do you have any habits you want to change?
23. What do you most look forward to about getting old?
24. What do you want to be known for?
Questions To Ask On The First Date
1. How did you meet your best friend?
2. When was the last time you checked something off your bucket list?
3. What is a misconception others often have about you?
4. What’s the most valuable life lesson you have learned because of a mistake?
5. What are some of your favorite things to do when you have free time?
6. What do you do to unwind?
7. Who is the kindest person you know?
8. What’s your favorite piece of furniture you’ve ever owned?
9. How have you changed from when you were in high school?
10. What was the last book you read without skipping past anything?
11. When it comes to love and relationships, what is the first lesson you want to teach your children?
12. If you could change one physical and non-physical thing about yourself, what would it be?
13. What should I know about you that I’d never think to ask about?
14. What do you hate most about the dating process?
15. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a kid?
16. When was the last time you sang to yourself or to someone else?
17. What would be your dream job?
18. What household chore is just the worst?
19. If you could give yourself a nickname, what would you want people to call you?
20. If you could give everyone just one piece of advice, what would it be?
21. Do you have any pet peeves?
22. What’s your biggest pet peeve in a partner?
23. What is the #1 thing in your life that you are not doing that you wish you were?
24. What do you do when you feel like giving up?
25. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
26. What’s your go-to funny story?
27. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure food-wise?
28. Do you consider yourself a morning person or a night owl?
29. Who is your favorite band or musician?
30. Do you order the same thing at your favorite restaurant or do you like to try new things?
31. What do you find most attractive in a potential partner?
32. What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself?
33. What drives you to do what you do? What motivates you?
34. What kind of phone was your first cell phone?
35. What did you love most about the place you grew up? What about it did you love the least?
36. What trajectory are you hoping to push yourself onto? Where do you want to head?
37. What is your most bizarre talent?
38. Is there a documentary or book that really changed the way you thought about something?
39. What is the most random thing you’ve ever watched all the way through on Netflix?
40. What’s your favorite book of all time?
41. You’ve found yourself in New York City in the 1920s. What are you doing?
42. What was the last show you binge-watched?
43. Who is your role model or has had the biggest influence on your life?
44. Are you more of an indoors or outdoors person?
45. Who is the most fascinating person you’ve met?
46. What pets have you had?
47. What’s your favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink?
48. What are you kind of obsessed with these days?
49. Where have you traveled?
50. What’s your favorite international food?
51. What’s the best advice someone has ever given you?
52. What’s the most recent thing you’ve done for the first time?
53. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
54. What is the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it?
55. If you could trade lives with one person for an entire day, who would it be and why?
56. Do you believe in ghosts?
57. Shark diving, bungee jumping, or skydiving?
58. Which would be harder for you to give up: coffee or alcohol?
59. Who are your kind of people?
60. Where’s the strangest place you’ve ever been?
61. Best and worst flavor ice cream? What would make for an excellent new ice cream flavor?
62. Do you have a sweet or savory tooth?
63. What is something you’ve always wanted to try but have been too scared to?
64. What are some accomplishments that you are really proud of?
65. What are some obscure things that you are or were really into?
66. What are some things everyone should try at least once?
67. What fad did you never really understand?
68. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this month?
69. What would your perfect morning be like?
70. What’s the most essential part of a friendship for you?
71. What hobbies would you like to get into if you had the time and money?
72. If there was an olympics for everyday activities, what activity would you have a good chance at winning a medal in?
73. What would your perfect vacation look like?
74. Among your friends, what are you best known for?
75. What’s the silliest fear you have?
76. What are your favorite restaurants in the area?
77. What are some funny stories of your childhood?
78. What piece of advice were you given that if you’d listened to it, you wouldn’t be where you are today?
79. Where is your favorite place to go on a weekday afternoon when you have no plans or obligations?
80. Describe one extravagance you have for which you will never apologize.
81. What would you like to know more about, but haven’t had the time to look into it?
82. What country do you never want to visit?
83. Where would your friends or family be most surprised to find you?
84. What’s the most relaxing situation you could imagine?
85. How many times have you been in love and what did each experience teach you?
86. What’s something that comes easier to you than it does for most?
87. What do you feel people take for granted the most?
88. What are you better at than 90% of the population?
89. What small, seemingly insignificant decision had a massive impact on your life?
90. Before you make a call, do you rehearse what you are going to say?
91. Describe your perfect mate in one sentence.
92. When was the last time you did something courageous for yourself?
93. If you knew you were going to die in a year, what would you change about how you live?
94. What are your top 3 favorite things to talk about?
95. What do you care least about?
96. Would you describe yourself as more of an optimist, pessimist, or realist?
97. Which significant other in your life has had the biggest impact on you and why?
98. If you could meet someone who’s dead, who would it be?
99. Do you have any tattoos? What do they mean?
100. If you could come back as an animal, which one would you be?
101. What’s the strangest way you’ve become friends with someone?
102. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
103. When was the last time you cried?
104. What was your favorite game to play as a child?
105. Do you have any embarrassing nicknames you’d like to share? How’d you get them?
106. Dog or cat person?
107. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
108. What is the most thoughtful gift you’ve ever given?
109. Were you closer with your mom or your dad growing up?
110. What is something you are financially saving up for currently?
111. Where is your happy space?
112. What is your favorite article of clothing you own?
113. Do you have any specialty cooking dishes?
Hilarious First Date Questions
1. Are we going to have a second date?
2. What’s invisible but you wish people could see?
3. What’s the weirdest smell you have ever smelled?
4. Is a hotdog a sandwich? Why or why not?
5. How long are you willing to sit in agony rather than stand up and get an out-of-reach remote?
6. Can I trust you to never pressure me into faving one of your tweets? Ever. Like, not even if we get married?
7. Beyonce or I kill you?
8. Do you have to have your closet doors open or closed when you go to sleep?
9. Have you ever taken bottles of shampoo or conditioner from a hotel?
10. Do you sleep with both legs tucked under the blankets or one foot out?
11. How many slices of pizza are you capable of eating in one sitting?
12. Have you ever chased down an ice cream truck as an adult?
Awkward First Date Questions
1. Why are you single?
2. So… What do you want from me?
3. Are you thinking about marriage in the background a little bit – even though this is just sort of our first date?
4. Oh, so you own your condo? How much did you pay for it?
5. What was your name again?
6. Have you ever struggled with your weight?
7. Do you see us together in 5 years?
8. Do you love me?
9. Have you been married before?
10. How would you feel if you and I accidentally got pregnant?
11. How old were you when you first had sex?
12. Do you watch pornography?
13. Was anyone in your family an addict?
14. Do you consider yourself addicted to anything?
15. Do you drink alcohol?
16. Do you smoke cigarettes?
17. Do you do drugs?
18. Have you ever done drugs?
19. How old were you when you had your first drink?
20. Did you grow up going to church?
21. How familiar are you with the Bible?
22. Would you raise your children in the church?
23. Do you identify with a political party?
24. Do you feel comfortable telling me who you voted for in the last election?
25. If you wanted to kill me, how would you do it?
26. Guess how old I am?
27. How much do you think I weigh?
28. If you could change one thing about my body, what would it be?
29. How expensive of an engagement ring can you afford?
Worst First Date Questions
1. Where do you see this relationship going?
2. Are you seeing anyone else?
3. Do you want to have kids in the near future?
4. How is your relationship with your parents?
5. How many people have you slept with?
6. Do you always eat/drink this much?
7. How much do you make?
8. What kind of car do you drive?
9. Do you mind picking up the tab?
10. Who’s your hot friend?
Choose some questions that you would really like to know about your new date.
And the most important thing is: Don’t interrupt. Listen carefully to what your partner has to say about themselves.
These first date questions will help you for sure.
Discovering what kinds of things your partner likes or is into will help you make your next dates better.
Of course, pay attention to the last list of questions and never ask them on your first date. You might scare them away.
Now you know how to make your first date more relaxed.
Now, go out, have fun, and make them fall in love with you instantly. P.S. Don’t forget to use witty phone number pick-up lines (in case you need it).