Toxic people aka energy vampires are everywhere around us. They have this ability to penetrate our being and feed off our positivity.
And, as a result, they make us feel drained and lifeless.
Toxic people are too good at faking, taking you for granted in toxic relationships and making you feel less worthy.
Their energy is the biggest source of poison that can destroy every human being to pieces.
My so far humble experience with toxic people has taught me that these poisonous people are perfect underneath.
They sneak into your life pretending that they’re your best friend and that they would do anything for you, just to get closer to you so that they can manipulate you more easily.
Toxic people have ulterior motives and they will not stop until they succeed in achieving them (or until they eat you alive).
The truth is there are different kinds of people in the world and not everyone is at the same level of toxicity but sometimes even a small amount of toxic energy can, over time, turn into something more damaging (especially if they are your partner, family member or colleague).
And letting go of these difficult people often equals mission impossible because they would do anything to prove to you that you’re wrong and they’re right. However, you shouldn’t fall for that.
Instead, you should fight against their toxicity with all your strength until you exterminate every single trace of it!
To help you with that, here is a list of toxic people quotes including toxic relationship quotes, quotes on toxic breakups and other toxic aspects of our everyday life.
These inspirational quotes will help you develop boundaries, boost your self-esteem and inspire you and motivate you to cleanse your soul and detox!
INSPIRATIONAL TOXIC PEOPLE QUOTES
1. “If a person finds negative people in his life, then he needs to mend his own nature than that of others, for his own basic grounding decides the level of acidic or toxicity surrounding him.” — Anuj Somany
2. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” — Hussein Nishah
3. “Toxic people spread their toxin to you and then you, in turn, become a wasteland like they are.” — Body Focus
4. “Like arsenic, toxic people will slowly kill you. They kill your positive spirit and play with your mind and emotions. The only cure is to let them go.” — Dennisse Lisseth
5. “We teach people how to treat us.” — Dr. Phil
6. “Toxic people attach themselves like cinder blocks tied to your ankles, and then invite you for a swim in their poisoned waters.” ― John Mark Green
7. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else.” — Darlene Ouimet
8. “Dear Self: Stop re-opening your doors for toxic people, then calling it ‘seeking closure.’ Certain things don’t work out in life… and that’s OK.” — Reyna Biddy
9. “Protect your good image from the eyes of negative viewers, who may look at your good appearance with an ugly fiendish eye, and ruin your positive qualities with their chemical infested tongues.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
10. “Because at some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” — Sandi Lynn
11. “If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it’s OK, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.” ― Germany Kent
12. “It’s amazing how quickly things can turn around when you remove toxic people from your life.” — Robert Tew
13. “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.” ― Chinonye J. Chidolue
14. “Pay no attention to toxic words. What people say is often a reflection of themselves, not you.” ― Christian Baloga
15. “7 things negative people will do to you. They will…
– Demean your value;
– Destroy your image
– Drive you crazily!
– Dispose your dreams!
– Discredit your imagination!
– Deframe your abilities and
– Disbelieve your opinions!
Stay away from negative people!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
16. “Don’t let toxic people infect you with the fear of giving and receiving one of the most powerful forces in this world… LOVE!” ― Yvonne Pierre
See also: 5 Things Toxic People Do To Destroy You
17. “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” — Robert Tew
18. “Toxic relationships are dangerous to your health; they will literally kill you. Stress shortens your lifespan. Even a broken heart can kill you. There is an undeniable mind-body connection. Your arguments and hateful talk can land you in the emergency room or in the morgue. You were not meant to live in a fever of anxiety; screaming yourself hoarse in a frenzy of dreadful, panicked fight-or-flight that leaves you exhausted and numb with grief. You were not meant to live like animals tearing one another to shreds. Don’t turn your hair gray. Don’t carve a roadmap of pain into the sweet wrinkles on your face. Don’t lay in the quiet with your heart pounding like a trapped, frightened creature. For your own precious and beautiful life, and for those around you — seek help or get out before it is too late. This is your wake-up call!” ― Bryant McGill
19. “You lift your spirits by moving away from what upsets you. If the stove is hot, you can’t ask how to touch it but be happy about it.” ― Queen Tourmaline
20. “Toxic people will pollute everything around them. Don’t hesitate. Fumigate.” ― Mandy Hale
21. “If you walked away from a toxic, negative, abusive, one-sided, dead-end low vibrational relationship or friendship — you won.” ― Lalah Delia
22. “No matter how valuable you are and your ideas, fools will certainly play both of you down, so exclude yourselves from the inflammatory environs of fools.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
23. “When being in a toxic relationship in life at times you may have to step outside yourself, to see yourself, so you can find yourself and love yourself again.” ― Angel Moreira
24. “The best emotional relief is not venting our problems, that only fuels the pain. It is focusing on something else, taking control of our lives and staying away from people that keep reminding us about our problems.” ― Rodolfo Peon
25. “I will not allow anyone to walk in my mind with dirty feet.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
26. “Real love moves freely in both directions. Don’t waste your time on anything else.” — Cheryl Strayed
27. “People inspire you, or they drain you. Pick them wisely.” — Hans F. Hasen
28. “Most people seem to get bored easily when having an easy life, and need to feed on drama and conflicts to feel alive. They are like vampires and zombies, that feed on the anger of others. The flesh and blood is replaced here by life energy. Now, the main point here is that toxic women and toxic men do make us sick. And life goes nowhere around such decadent souls. Alone, we have choices. With a mentally sick person in our life, you can’t make plans for the future. It’s impossible to make long-term plans when teaming with people that are too obsessed with conflicts and selfish needs. And hopefully, there will come a time when such individuals are segregated from society and put in mental hospitals. Until that moment comes, we can only avoid them and label them toxic personalities.” ― Robin Sacredfire
29. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” — Oprah Winfrey
30. “If they do it often, it isn’t a mistake; it’s just their behavior.” — Dr. Steve Maraboli
Toxic People Quotes To Help You Set Boundaries
31. “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions.” — Will Smith
32. “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” ― Kamand Kojouri
33. “Avoid those who are always hungry, who only know how to take and never give anything in return. Avoid those who need to shatter you into pieces in order to feel whole. Avoid those who disrespect you, mistreat you or underestimate your intentions. Avoid those whom you have to speak in their language in order for them to listen. That you may forget your mother tongue somehow. Avoid, avoid and avoid anyone that may cause you confusion, self-wars and a less peace of mind …” ― Samiha Totanji
34. “Cleanliness is a habit that keeps the body, mind, and environment neat, clean, and delightful and free from dirt and toxic things.” ― Amit Ray
35. “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” — Robert Tew
36. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” — Lucille Ball
37. “I am worth more than these excuses. I am worth more than this inconsistent, unhealthy, disappointing dynamic. I am worthy of finding someone that is never going to allow us to settle into this toxic, distorted version of love.” ― Liz Newman
38. “A lot of people who have experienced trauma at the hands of people they’ve trusted take responsibility, and that is what’s toxic.” ― Hannah Gadsby
39. “When you notice someone does something toxic the first time, don’t wait for the second time before you address it or cut them off. Many survivors are used to the ‘wait and see’ tactic which only leaves them vulnerable to a second attack. As your boundaries get stronger, the wait time gets shorter. You never have to justify your intuition.” ― Shahida Arabi
40. “Relationships end, but they don’t end your life.” ― Steve Martin
41. “Fire false friends as early as possible. Do it before they dig out the dream seeds you’ve planted! The earlier, the better; the quicker, the safer!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
42. “Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.” – Albert Einstein
43. “Energy vampires prey on others because they are in pain, and their behavior is a disguised cry for help. However, the important thing to remember is that you are not responsible for resolving their issues. While you can offer help to an energy vampire, it is ultimately their responsibility to sort out their struggles.” ― Aletheia Luna
44. “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?” ― Nicholas Sparks
45. “Losing will not always amount to a loss, sometimes you have to lose those toxic relationships and bad habits to create a space for better things.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
46. “I think most people know when they’re in a toxic relationship – it requires an enormous amount of effort to keep it going, and you don’t get what you want from it.” ― Joanna Coles
47. “It’s one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and continues to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go.” — Daniell Koepke
48. “The hardest part of being in an emotionally abusive relationship, it’s actually admitting you’re in one.” ― Anna Akana
49. “Truth is a well we all draw from and slowly poison, as we use it in ways for which it was never intended.” ― Stewart Stafforddrink a glass of water?’ I think what he was trying to say, interesting coming from my blood father, is sometimes there are people in your family that can be toxic.” ― Nicolas Cage
50. “My father once said, ‘If you’re in the desert and you’re dying of thirst, are you going to drink a glass of blood or are you going to 51. “What’s broken is broken—and I’d rather remember it as it was than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.” ― Margaret Mitchell
52. “We don’t get to choose our family, but we can choose our friends. With courage, we can weed out narcissistic people. We can focus on those who do appreciate us, love us, and treat us with respect.” ― Dana Arcuri
53. “An oppressive nature is like inclement weather, surrounding others and crushing them down with its infectious gloom.” ― Stewart Stafford
54. “If you want to know how negative you are, pay attention to how much you hate negativity in other people. Fragile, artificial positivity needs always to be surrounded by more positivity in order to stay positive, but the ability to be positive, happy, and even, at times, appreciative around ‘negative people’ is the mark of real positivity.” ― Criss Jami
55. “There are people who occasion in one, as it seems automatically, obsessive egoistic anxiety and preoccupying resentment. When confronted with such people one should if possible run: or else deaden the mind to them. (Or behave in some ‘saintly’ manner not here relevant.)” ― Iris Murdoch
56. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” — Deborah Reber
57. “Sometimes there are things in life that aren’t meant to stay. Sometimes change may not be what we want. Sometimes change is what we need.” — Don Bolena Jr
58. “Unhappy people can be very dangerous, don’t forget that.” ― S.E. Lynes
59. “My encouragement: delete the energy vampires from your life, clean out all complexity, build a team around you that frees you to fly, remove anything toxic, and cherish simplicity. Because that’s where genius lives.” — Robin S. Sharma
Powerful Toxic People Quotes
60. “Just because you feel lost doesn’t mean that you are. Sometimes you just have to relax, breathe deep, and trust the path you’re on.” ― Lalah Delia
61. “What is evil neither can nor should be loved; for it is not one’s duty to be a lover of evil or to become like what is bad; and we have said that like is dear to like. Must the friendship, then, be forthwith broken off? Or is this not so in all cases, but only when one’s friends are incurable in their wickedness? If they are capable of being reformed one should rather come to the assistance of their character or their property, inasmuch as this is better and more characteristic of friendship. But a man who breaks off such a friendship would seem to be doing nothing strange; for it was not to a man of this sort that he was a friend; when his friend changed, therefore, and he is unable to save him, he gives him up.” ― Aristotle
62. “It is really exhausting to live in a dictatorship of ‘Me’, which is basically a tyranny of others.” ― Stefan Molyneux
63. “We do not have to be mental health professionals to identify the traits of the possible sociopaths among us.” ― P.A. Speers
64. “The people in your life will either help you shake hands with yourself or they’ll teach you what you don’t want. Everyone, eventually, does one or the other. All pain transforms to learning. All love transforms to self-awareness.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
65. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” — Michael Jordan
66. “What’s more toxic than what they have done, think, or have said about you is how you let your mind receive it. In a world as ours filled with so much noise and hate, what suffers the most is our minds. Know when to keep your mind shut!” ― Chinonye J. Chidolue
67. “Hate is the complement of fear and narcissists like being feared. It imbues them with an intoxicating sensation of omnipotence.” ― Sam Vaknin
68. “I found peace of mind when I walked away from small fights not worth fighting. I stopped fighting for people who gossiped about me. I stopped fighting for those who didn’t respect me. I quit worrying about those who wouldn’t value me for being me.” ― Dana Arcuri
69. “Let go of negative people. They only show up to share complaints, problems, disastrous stories, fear, and judgment on others. If somebody is looking for a bin to throw all their trash into, make sure it’s not in your mind.” ― Dalai Lama
70. “Don’t let toxic people sabotage your happiness, ruin your positive attitude, contaminate your mind or destroy your self-confidence. Instead, surround yourself with generous, positive, and nurturing people who will lift you up.” ― Farshad Asl
71. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too can become great.” — Mark Twain
72. “When people throw at you with toxic words; Rule number one: do not set any equivalent actions. Do not give back as you were given. It is better to transform those in positive words – And use them to build a tower of grateful sublime.” ― Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
73. “Everybody has bad relationships, and, at the end of the day, they are just a great way to set yourself up for a good relationship.” ― Anne Hathaway
74. “As important as it is to learn how to deal with different kinds of people, truly toxic people will never be worth your time and energy – and they take a lot of each. Toxic people create unnecessary complexity, strife, and, worst of all, stress.” — Travis Bradberry
75. “There are only two kinds of people who can drain your energy: those you love, and those you fear. In both instances it is you who let them in. They did not force their way into your aura, or pry their way into your reality experience.” ― Anthon St. Maarten
76. “No matter how much you love the person, you cannot change them. You may influence them; but at the end of the day, they must decide for themselves.” — Robert E. Baines Jr.
77. “The wrong person will give you less than what you’re worth but that doesn’t mean that you have to accept it.” — Sonya Parker
78. “The best way to move forward is to let go of the people holding you back.” — Unknown
Toxic People Quotes To Help You Detox
79.”Don’t let bad people turn you anti-social. Just become anti-jerks.” ― Karen Salmansohn
80. “How you choose to feel today should not be dependent on others.” ― Anthon St. Maarten
81. “You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.” — Joel Osteenn
82. “An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.” — Goi Nasu
83. “Sometimes it’s better to end something and try to start something new than imprison yourself in hoping for the impossible.” — Karen Salmansohn
84. “You will meet a lot of people in your life; some laugh with you, others will laugh at you; some will love to clean your mess, others will love to mess you up! Love all, but choose carefully the one who stays close to you forever!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
85. “The best emotional relief is not venting our problems, that only fuels the pain. It is focusing on something else, taking control of our lives and staying away from people that keep reminding us about our problems.” ― Rodolfo Peon
86. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
87. “You don’t have to live happily ever after with every single person in your life in order to live happily ever after. Some unfortunate endings are necessary.” ― Joyce Rachelle
88. “Sometimes we have toxic relationships with certain people. We know who they are, we know how they operate, and we still haven’t cut them off. It’s difficult for us to let people go, even if they hurt us because we have a greater fear of loneliness.” ― Alafia Stewart
89. “These are the attributes of Bullshit people; they will… blur your imagination, take your endowments for a piece of debris, make you ridiculous, and most importantly, you got to send them to the recycle bin.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
90. “Never rely on another person to make you feel whole.” ― Karen Salmansohn
91. “Weeding out the harmful influences should become the norm not the exception.” ― Carlos Wallace
92. “Forgiveness is a personal process that doesn’t depend on us having direct contact with the people who have hurt us.” ― Sharon Salzberg
93. “If someone drives you into the dirty gutter, it’s because you have given him your car key. Be careful of who leads you and to where and why… else, you will be taken away before you become aware! Be awake!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
94. “The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.” — Anthony Robbins
95. “Many people get into a relationship as a way to compensate for something they lack or hate within themselves. This is a one-way ticket to a toxic relationship because it makes your love conditional – you will love your partner as long as they help you feel better about yourself.” – Mark Manson
96. “I’ve found the most tragic aspect of losing loved ones wasn’t the big boom of the fallout, but realizing later how much healthier I was without them.” ― Maggie Young
97. “I understand the logic behind removing toxic people from one’s life. But I also understand that many who are “toxic” are acting out of a painful past… and that to marginalize someone who’s not known much love is to validate that they don’t matter. To live in the world we desire – a world of good people, safe places – requires less fence-building and more heart-building. It requires valuing the worth of all people and loving the hurt as much as possible.” ― Renata Bowers
98. “Every day you must unlearn the ways that hold you back. You must rid yourself of negativity, so you can learn to fly.” — Leon Brown
99. “Surround yourself with positive people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.” — Roy Bennett
Motivational Toxic People Quotes To Help You Deal With Negativity
100. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” — Dr. Steve Maraboli
101. “Never leave your life plan to be determined by people who are not going where you are going. For the sake of your dreams and also for the sake of the people God created to benefit from your God-give talents, stay away from toxic people. Mount the shoulder giants and see farther ahead!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
102. “It’s very possible and very okay to forgive someone and still not want to spend time with them.” ― Karen Salmansohn
103. “Let negative people live their negative lives with their negative minds.” ― Moosa Rahat
104. “Remember… Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
105. “As you remove toxic people from your life, you free up space and emotional energy for positive, healthy relationships.” ― John Mark Green
106. “If a negative viewer looks at you with an ugly fiendish eye, find a way and pluck off his eyes, or better still, protect your good image.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
107. “No one forces a person to be negative, and no one forces anyone to be positive. The choice is up to an individual and that person alone.” — Byron Pulsifer
108. “When people pressure you to engage in negative decisions and actions, look at them boldly in the eyes and dare them to do good.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
109. “Without haters, you can’t see the level of your progress, that shows you that haters are necessary evil.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
110. “The wrong person will give you less than what you’re worth but that doesn’t mean that you have to accept it.” — Sonya Parker
111. “Entitlement is an expression of conditional love. Nobody is ever entitled to your love. You always have a right to protect your mental, emotional, and physical well-being by removing yourself from toxic people and circumstances.” ― Dr. Janice Anderson & Kiersten Anderson
112. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” — C. JoyBell C.
113. “The only relationships that exist are based on truth. Everything else is just a mutual and isolating delusion.” ― Stefan Molyneux
114. “We all have that toxic people around us that make our lives miserable… The day we take them out from our lives, we will all become better people; including them…” ― Rodolfo Peon
115. “May you reach that level within, where you no longer allow your past or people with toxic intentions to negatively affect or condition you.” ― Lalah Delia
116. “Poisonous relationships can alter our perception. You can spend many years thinking you’re worthless. But you’re not worthless. You’re underappreciated.” — Dr. Steve Maraboli
117. “Life is too short to hang around people who are causing you to compromise. Pulling you down. Your time is too valuable to waste it with people who don’t have a dream. People that aren’t going anywhere.” ― Joel Osteen
118. “Sometimes you don’t get closure, you just move on.” ― Karen Salmansohn
119. “Don’t let your happiness be controlled by something you can’t control.” ― Unknown
120. “Don’t ever stop believing in your own transformation. It is still happening even on days you may not realize it or feel like it.” ― Lalah Delia
Remember that you deserve greatness!
Don’t let other people’s toxicity rule your world, keep you imprisoned in toxic relationships or make you a prisoner in your own skin.
Remember that you deserve so much more!
You deserve to be truly happy. You deserve greatness.
You deserve to get rid of all the negativity that’s blocking you from reaching your full potential!
And once you get rid of it, you’ll open the door to becoming the best version of yourself.
So, let these toxic people quotes open your eyes and give you the strength to delete every toxic trace in your life and never settle for anything less than you deserve!