Communication is the foundation of every healthy relationship and good conversation is indeed one of the most important things in every relationship.
However, we all run out of topics for conversation sometimes and that’s why we have compiled this list of some interesting and important relationship questions for you, to help you spark up a great conversation with your significant other.
If you have just met someone and you want to leave a good first impression, knowing how to ask the right questions is very important.
Here you can find some questions that can also serve as great conversation starters.
If you want to get to know each other better or you just want some questions to spark a conversation, then check out this collection of the best relationship questions for couples.
Relationship questions to ask your girlfriend
Most men struggle with communicating when they’re in a romantic relationship because they are afraid that they might be misunderstood.
However, there is no need for that because even if that happens, remember, communication can solve it all.
It’s very important to check in with your girlfriend from time to time and ask her how she feels.
These deep relationship questions to ask a girl will help you spark a meaningful conversation with your better half and it’ll also strengthen the bond between you two.
1. How do you picture your future?
2. Do you always put your faith in God?
3. Do you ever think about getting married one day, to the love of your life?
4. What is your definition of love?
5. What should a perfect relationship be like for you?
6. What is your idea of an ideal evening?
7. What is a relationship deal-breaker for you, something you couldn’t forgive no matter how much you love your partner?
8. Do you want children?
9. What do you want to be remembered for?
10. Do you have a best friend?
11. How long was your longest relationship?
12. Are you close to your family?
13. Would you meet my parents?
14. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
15. What’s the one thing you’re not so proud of?
16. What challenging experiences have made you stronger?
17. What or who inspires you?
18. What are your life dreams and goals?
19. Do you like secrets and are you good at keeping them?
20. How would you describe me using only one word?
21. What one change do you wish you could make in the world?
22. What’s the most terrible movie you’ve ever seen?
23. Are you romantic and if so, can you tell what the most romantic thing is that you’ve done for an ex?
24. Is there something about you that most people would find awkward if they knew it?
25. What foreign country would you love to live in?
26. We all have something we’re afraid of, I’m sure you do too. What represents your biggest fear?
27. How important is honesty in a relationship?
28. What is your favorite way to relax?
29. What would be the best gift for you, something you would be happiest about?
30. What did you think about me the first time you saw me?
31. What piece of clothing do you always get a lot of comments on every time you wear it?
32. What do you think are some of the most annoying things that happen on social media?
33. What didn’t you realize about yourself until somebody else told you about it?
34. If you could sing one song perfectly, what song would you choose?
35. Picture that tomorrow is our last day on earth. How and with whom would you spend it?
36. Did you learn any lessons from your previous relationships and if you did, what’s the most important one?
37. What is your favorite flower?
38. Have you ever gotten petty revenge on somebody and if so, what did you do to that person?
39. What’s the most expensive thing in your closet that you own?
40. Do you believe in soulmates?
41. Do you believe in a forever kind of love?
42. Have you ever said to someone that you loved them and didn’t mean it?
43. What would be the perfect Valentine’s Day?
44. Have you ever boycotted or protested anything?
45. What’s the best relationship advice you ever heard?
46. Is there something surprising that I still don’t know about you?
47. When you were a kid, what did you imagine your life would be like as an adult?
48. What food do you crave most?
49. What’s the most hilarious lie you’ve heard someone tell?
50. Has a book made you cry and if so, what was it?
51. What is your favorite memory of me so far?
52. How do you want people to remember you?
53. In your opinion, what do you think is the most important thing your parents taught you?
54. Which do you crave the most, stability or adventure?
55. If your house was burning, which three things would you save first?
56. Do you like surprises?
57. What do you think about long-distance relationships and could you ever be in one?
58. What is your idea of the perfect birthday?
59. Have you ever meditated?
60. What do you want your life to be like in five years?
61. Have you ever neglected your friends because of your relationship?
62. If you could be reborn as an animal, which animal would you choose to come back as?
63. How do you treat yourself?
64. What’s something that was way better than you thought it would be?
65. Do you like dancing?
66. Why did your last relationship end?
67. Do you think that nice and kind people suffer the most?
68. Would you take a break from your favorite hobby just to spend some time with me?
69. Are there any things you’ve seen but now you wish you could unsee them?
70. What is your favorite home-cooked meal?
71. Do you have any secrets, some things you’ve been wanting to get off your chest for a while?
72. Which fictional character would you want to live as?
73. Are you happy with where you are in life right now?
74. What’s something that many people find unattractive in a person but you really like?
75. Is there something that can make you laugh every time?
76. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
77. What is the oddest thing you have kept for sentimental reasons?
78. Have you ever had a celebrity crush and if so, who was that person?
79. Is there anything you don’t like about yourself and want to change?
80. Who do you call when you need advice?
81. Have you ever received an unexpected gesture of kindness and if so what was it?
82. If your life was a novel, what would you name it?
83. Do you prefer giving or receiving gifts?
84. What are the nicest and the creepiest compliments you have received?
85. Do you like my friends?
86. What do you consider the best place for a romantic date?
87. What do you look forward to the most when you think about getting old?
88. Do you think that some people are really born under a lucky star?
89. Do you daydream?
90. Can you share something from your life that you haven’t shared with anyone else yet?
91. What’s the first thing you do when you have the house all to yourself?
92. Why do you like/love me?
93. Have you ever fallen in love at first sight with someone and do you really believe that it’s possible?
94. What’s one thing you always have in your bag?
95. Is there something you always wanted to ask me but were scared to do so?
96. What’s the one thing that grosses you out the most?
97. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?
98. What are some things that remind you of me?
99. If you could choose to work anywhere you want and not have to think about money, where would you choose?
100. What’s something I do that I don’t realize I do that you love?
Relationship questions to ask your boyfriend
Be honest, when was the last time you sat down and had a sincere and meaningful conversation with your boyfriend?
If you’re dealing with a lack of communication in your relationship, check out these deep questions to ask your boyfriend and save your relationship.
1. What are you too hard on yourself for?
2. What is your first thought in the morning when you wake up next to me?
3. What do you think the most important thing in every relationship should be?
4. Do you have a ‘dating type’ and if you do, what’s your type?
5. If I had to move really far away, would you come with me?
6. Do you remember the first time we kissed and where it happened?
7. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
8. Who is the most toxic person you know?
9. Be honest and tell me if you really thought that our relationship would last this long at the beginning of our relationship?
10. What is the most romantic place to have a date?
11. Are you friends with your exes?
12. What has been the most embarrassing moment at your current job?
13. Do you want to get married one day and have children?
14. What’s your favorite book and why?
15. If you could have any person in this world as your dinner guest, who would you choose?
16. Have you ever been cheated on?
17. Tell me how your picture of a perfect day looks?
18. What is something you always carry with yourself?
19. What is the best gift you’ve ever given a loved one?
20. Are you pleased with our sex life?
21. If you had the superpower of invisibility, how would you use it?
22. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason and if so, what do you think is the reason we met and fell in love with each other?
23. Is there a song you could listen to all day long?
24. What do you think about cheating when in a romantic relationship?
25. What was your very first impression of me when you first saw me?
26. What habits do you have that annoy other people?
27. What was the best date night you ever had?
28. What are some unfulfilled things in your life?
29. What’s the thing you like the most about me?
30. What is your favorite thing about my face?
31. What was the funniest dream you’ve had?
32. If you could design the perfect house for us, what would it look like?
33. Is there anything you dislike about me?
34. Is there anything that can always make you nervous?
35. When do you think is the right time to say, “I love you,” to your partner?
36. Can you describe our relationship using only one word?
37. Which family member do you agree with the best?
38. If you had to rename yourself, what name would you choose?
39. Do you think fighting in a relationship is a good and normal part of every healthy relationship or do you think that it can harm the relationship and should be avoided?
40. If someone gives you a crystal ball that knows everything about your life and you have the right to ask it only one question, what would that question be?
41. What is a mistake you’ve made in your past relationships that you don’t want to repeat?
42. If you could travel through a time machine, where would you go?
43. Do you consider yourself a perfect boyfriend?
44. What adventures would you like to have before you die?
45. What’s more important for you, your career or your personal life?
46. Are you friends with your exes?
47. Do you have any fears related to our relationship and if so, what’s your biggest fear?
48. What is your favorite thing to do on vacation?
49. Did anyone break your heart in the past?
50. We all have bad days. Can you tell me what helps you to get through it and improve your mood?
51. If you could be the richest person in the world, what would you do with your money?
52. What TV show could you binge-watch all day?
53. Do you feel comfortable opening up and talking about everything with me?
54. If you could look like anyone else in the world, who would you pick and why?
55. Have you ever had a dream about me?
56. Do you have any hidden talents?
57. Do you think that our differences bring us closer together?
58. What is your favorite memory with me so far?
59. If you could choose to meet one celebrity right now, who would you choose and why?
60. Is there something that makes you angrier than it actually should?
61. Do you think I can be both your best friend and your lover?
62. If you could go back to the past and change only one thing, what would you choose?
63. What made you fall in love with me?
64. What’s one thing you feel our relationship is lacking?
65. Would you ever go skydiving?
66. If I was really sad, what would you do to cheer me up?
67. Is there something you know you probably should do but you’re aware that you’ll never do it?
68. What is your favorite outfit?
69. If your partner had close friends of the opposite sex, how would you feel?
70. What is something you’re really good at?
71. If we ever find ourselves in a really dangerous situation, would you save me even though you would be risking your own life that way?
72. Do you miss me every time we’re not together?
73. Have you ever lied about reading a popular book or watching a popular movie just because everyone else had read or watched it?
74. What’s your favorite way to show affection?
75. Do you think that real men should never cry?
76. What job do you wish you could have?
77. What outfit of mine do you like the most?
78. Where is your favorite place to be with me?
79. If someone offered for you to go to the moon with them, would you accept?
80. Do you think we all need to unwind from time to time?
81. What’s one thing you think makes our relationship unique from everyone else’s?
82. What is your favorite meal, something you could eat every day and it wouldn’t get boring?
83. If your friends told you to dump me, how would you react?
84. Is there something about you and your life that you would never change for anyone else?
85. What made you fall in love with me?
86. Do you plan to let me meet your parents any time soon?
87. What does love mean to you?
88. Do you like schedules or do you prefer to go with the flow?
89. What do you like the most about technology?
90. What do you like the least about technology?
91. If you won the lottery, would your life change completely?
92. If you caught another guy trying to seduce me, what would you do or say?
93. How often do you go into a room and forget why you went in there?
94. How easily do you change your opinions?
95. Did you ever cry?
96. Can you think of something really funny you or your friends did while you were drunk?
97. Do you prefer to listen to your heart or brain when making important decisions?
98. What traits do you like about yourself?
99. What is your favorite memory from your childhood?
100. What was the last thing you searched on the Internet?
‘Would you rather’ relationship questions
Relationship questions games are another option to spice up your relationship and to find out some things you didn’t know about your significant other.
‘Would you rather’ is exactly one of those games for couples.
The best thing about this game is that no one can correct you because there are no right or wrong answers in this game.
The important things are to be honest with your loved one and to know the right questions to ask them.
1. Would you rather go on a date to a fancy restaurant that’s quite expensive or a cheap restaurant that’s quite crowded?
2. Would you rather have a date night at your house with me or hang out with your buddies in a club?
3. Would you rather wear high heels all day or walk barefoot?
4. Would you rather we choose different hobbies to each other or that we choose one and do it together?
5. Would you rather tell your partner an innocent lie so you don’t hurt them or would you be always honest with them even though it may hurt their feelings?
6. Would you rather go out on a date in some nice restaurant or stay indoors and Netflix and chill?
7. Would you rather give up parties or fast food?
8. Would you rather write your own wedding vows or copy them from a website?
9. Would you rather be incredibly rich but without love or happily married but poor?
10. Would you rather stay in a bad relationship or be alone?
11. Would you rather get matching tattoos with me or get a tattoo of my name on some visible part of your body?
12. Would you rather spend the day together being pampered at a spa or enjoying a workout at the gym?
13. Would you rather spend money on traveling and making memories or on a physical item like a good car or some technology device?
14. Would you rather have your lover be much older or much younger than you?
15. Would you rather have the power to speak to animals or the power of being invisible?
16. Would you rather have a partner who’s an extrovert or one who’s an introvert?
17. Would you rather dance to slow music or go wild with retro disco music?
18. Would you rather live together in a mansion or a castle?
19. Would you rather walk through a forest alone at night or walk by a cemetery alone at night?
20. Would you rather steal something or be without food for a week?
‘Never have I ever’ relationship questions
Telling your significant other the most private and personal things about yourself won’t only help you to get to know each other better, it will also build up a more strong bond between you.
Don’t think that if you’re in a long-term relationship, this game won’t be interesting for you.
Trust me, it will, because even though you may think you already know everything about your boyfriend, some things may surprise you after all.
1. Never have I ever said, “I love you,” if I didn’t really mean it and was completely sure about my feelings.
2. Never have I ever tried beer.
3. Never have I ever stolen something or done anything illegal.
4. Never have I ever dated online.
5. Never have I ever listened to opera.
6. Never have I ever dated someone whom my parents didn’t like.
7. Never have I ever kissed someone when I was drunk.
8. Never have I ever stalked my ex on social media.
9. Never have I ever borrowed money from someone.
10. Never have I ever traveled to some other country.
11. Never have I ever lied or pretended to be someone else just to be liked by other people.
12. Never have I ever drunk-texted or called my ex-boyfriend.
13. Never have I ever said, “I love you,” first in a relationship.
14. Never have I ever cheated on my partner in a relationship.
15. Never have I ever believed in love at first sight.
Funny relationship questions
Suppose you have just started a new relationship and you want to create a more relaxed atmosphere between you and your new partner.
In that case, these fun relationship questions will definitely help you spark a conversation with humor.
1. What is the funniest first name or surname you’ve ever heard?
2. If you had to make a cashier laugh by buying three groceries, what would they be?
3. Would you still love me if I was as hairy as a gorilla?
4. Do you sleep with your legs tucked under the duvet or do you take one foot out?
5. If you worked at a circus, which job would you want to have?
6. Have you ever taken bottles of shampoo or conditioner from a hotel?
7. You’re in the bathroom stall and realize there’s no toilet paper; what do you do?
8. Have you ever counted your steps while you walk?
9. Can you wiggle your nose or your ears?
10. Do you love pranks and if so, what is the craziest prank you have ever pulled?
11. If you had to choose to detach one part of your body, which part would that be?
12. If you were dying and had to make a will, what would you leave me?
13. If you had the power to shrink any object and carry it with you in your pocket, which item would it be?
14. Can you put make-up on with your mouth closed?
15. When you get mad at someone, do you ever try to scream in your head?
16. If you had to shave your head, would you sport hats and wigs or rock the bald look?
17. Do you fold your pizza when you eat it?
18. If you could fart the melody of any song, what tune would you toot?
19. If you were a chair and you could pick the people who were going to sit on you, whom would you choose?
20. Do you agree that those packages with the label ‘easy-open’ are actually pretty hard to open?
I know that we all have so many obligations nowadays and that we all suffer from stress every day and it’s normal that it affects our love life, too.
So many couples are dealing with a lack of communication with each other and actually, that is the main reason why their relationships don’t work.
That’s why we came up with a list of the best relationship questions to spark meaningful conversations with your loved one and save your relationship.
Whether it’s your first date and you want to get to know your new partner or you just want to communicate more with your partner, we hope these interesting deep relationship questions have helped you.