True love can survive great distances and fight the most challenging obstacles.
For lovers separated by miles, love can be the most difficult, yet the most cherished thing.
If you’ve ever loved someone at a great distance, you know the struggle long-distance lovers go through daily.
These long-distance relationship quotes are sometimes the only thing that can keep you sane while you’re missing the one who makes life worth living.
Spending time together is what makes relationships thrive. Unfortunately, long-distance couples don’t have the luxury of their partner’s presence.
Long-distance relationships consist of a lot of I miss you and I love you proclamations.
To those who know how incredibly excruciating distance can be, these long-distance relationship quotes will be a painful reality.
To couples who can’t experience each other’s presence, these sayings will be a reminder of how strong their union truly is.
All long-distance relationships are based on trust, commitment, constant effort, and unparalleled love, And to celebrate it, I have collected a list of the best long-distance relationship quotes to push you forward when times get hard.
It’s true when they say that true love conquers all. And only those with the strongest connections can truly understand the complexity of long-distance love.
These love quotes are a testament of how priceless it is to have someone love you from miles and miles away.
See also: Topics To Talk About With A Guy: The Ultimate List Of 35 Conversation Starters
Long-Distance Relationship Quotes
If right now, you’re struggling in your long-distance relationship, know that you’re not alone.
Many face their demons at some point, and it’s perfectly okay to feel defeated when your one true love is so far away from your arms.
Your body, mind, and soul are aching for the one who isn’t there. Let these long-distance relationship quotes help you move forward when all you want to do is quit.
• “I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
• “I know we loved each other, but distance can do strange things to people and before I was willing to tell you about it, I wanted to be certain that it would last” – Nicholas Sparks
• “You’re too far for my hands to hold you, but too near for my heart to love you.” – Heraline
• “If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.” – Anna Agoncillo
• “My heart is your home, wherever in the world you are – you will always have a place to stay.” – K.A. Hill
• “Missing someone can hurt. But when you know they are yours forever, negativity helps avert.” – Trishna Damodar
• “Maybe it’s a good idea to write something about you in my book… At least then, there will be a place where we will meet every day… and be together forever!” – Anamika Mishra
• “Maybe, I thought, it’s not the distance that’s the problem, but how you handle it.” – Dash
• “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
• “It’s been a year and 3 months since we’ve kissed, and I’d rather have the ghost of his mouth on my lips than kiss anyone else.” – Alishah Khan
• “Thank God for men who manage to hold from afar, wipe tears away with tender words and dish out the life force that is hope. She has never felt so alone but out there, across an ocean, and in a foreign land, there is a man who loves her and would lay down his life just so she could feel the light once again.” – Donna Lynn Hope
• ‘’Absence makes the heart grow fonder, doesn’t it?” – Simon Van Booy
• “I never got to tell him again that he really was wrong, that miles didn’t matter, not if you loved someone. That borders and oceans weren’t obstacles, not for the mind. I wished I’d been able to tell him these things, because saying them out loud to someone real, instead of a mirror or a picture postcard, would have made them all the more convincing.” – Emylia Hall
• “Maintaining a long-distance relationship requires a lot of discipline,” surmised Duncan. “The loneliness that they experience is a formidable force to be reckoned with, and not everyone can withstand it. A physical entity is always more powerful than a voice distorted by static, more so when they encounter problems and want to share them with their partner in real-time. In such cases, they usually turn to a third party, and that’s when the relationships fall apart like a house of cards.” – Alexis Lawrence
• “She wondered whether all marriages started out this way. Whether this initial stress and adjustment, push and pull, and tremors and shakes were common to all relationships. Maybe the fact that they had started off as a long-distance couple had shielded them from the pressures that normal couples in the same city went through. She wondered why all those relatives who had sat on her head asking her to get married had never mentioned this particular phase.” – Shweta Ganesh Kumar
• “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
• “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Thomas Fuller
• “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
• “If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.” – Bernard Byer
• “Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.” – Meghan Daum
• “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).” – e.e. cummings
• “The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance, but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
• “It seemed that we loved each other better when there were large swaths of two continents between us. The daily work of love was often hard to perform at home.” – Aleksandar Hemon
• “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
• “And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran
• “Distance is just a test of how far love can travel.” – Unknown
• “Ocean separates lands, not souls.” – Munia Khan
• “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” – Tom McNeal
• “How do you know if something is real? That’s easy. Does it change you? Does it form you? Does it give you wings? Does it give you roots? Does it make you look back a month ago and say, “I am a whole different person right now”? If yes, then it’s real. The evidence of truth and reality lies in how much something can touch you, can change you, even if it’s from very far away. Distance is only evidence of what can be surpassed.” – C. JoyBell C.
• “If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.” – Anna Agoncillo
• “Once trust is built, distance cannot kill it. Time and space alone cannot destroy the authentic connection.” – Vironika Tugaleva
• “Seasons of the heart. To get through what I must I’m often encased in ice and for months he chips away until he can see my face and after a while, I begin to thaw. As warmth and feeling returns, my emotions continue to build until my personality is set on fire. When he leaves, the fire dwindles until there is but a flicker. Then there is stillness and winter returns.” – Donna Lynn Hop
• “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, doesn’t it?” – Simon Van Booy
• “Being close is the first and last desire of lovers, but being far and loving each other without an inch’s difference is the characteristic of real love.” – Senora Ray
• “Does distance really matter? You love your favorite actor, drool for your favorite singer and wait patiently for the next art from your favorite artist or writer. Why not the one you love?” – Jane Morsel
• “Can miles truly separate? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
• “The distance may be far and wide but my heart can cover them all. The space between us is so much more but you should know that I love you so!” – Linda Roy
• “Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heart will never change.” – Ting Stores
• “No matter how far you manage to go, the distance will never be able to erase those beautiful memories. There is so much goodness that we shared together.” – Lucy Aims
• “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Gandhi
• “No matter where I am, no matter where I go, your heart is my northern light, I will always find my way home.” – Michael Kilby
• “I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.” – Steve Maraboli
• “Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.”- Cheryl Ott
• “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” – A.A. Milne
• “True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.” – Unknown
• “I’ll hold you in my heart, till I can hold you in my arms.” – Eddy Arnold
• “In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hans Nouwens
• ‘’Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.” – Unknown
• “Some people can be so close to you even if physically far, they walk with you and stay near in every moment of your life.” – Senora Roy
See also: 10 Crucial Differences Between Love And Infatuation
Inspiring Long-Distance Relationship Quotes
There’s no shame in feeling lost and jaded in the absence of your true love.
After all, this is the person who makes each morning more bearable and each night that much sweeter. Without your soulmate, nothing is quite the same.
Take comfort in these beautiful love quotes and let them guide you through this unpredictable array of emotions. Long-distance love is hard, but it also makes it all worth it.
• “ Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.”– Thomas Fuller
• “ Can miles truly separate you from friends? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?”– Richard Bach
• “ The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence.”– Edward Thomas
• “ For anything worth having one must pay the price, and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice.”– John Burroughs
• “ It’s not the distance that’s the enemy, but the endless time I have to wait until I hold you in my arms.”– Besski Levius
• “ Distance means so little when someone means so much..”– Unknown
• “ The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart..”– Helen Keller
• “ I love when I reach Marcus on the phone and as he says hello, I can hear the music he’s listening to in the background. That music is the sound of him without me. How he surrounds himself when I’m not there, which is almost all the time.”– Megan McCafferty
• “ Our lives were now worlds apart, separated by time, circumstance, and the unbridgeable chasm of money.”– Travis Luedke
• “ We are the perfect couple, we’re just not in the perfect situation.”– Unknown
• “ Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.”– Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
• “ Just because things are not at their best right now does not mean that we should give up. Gold is tested in fire and something precious like love needs distance to be tested.”– Olga Peters
• “ Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heat will never change.”– Ting Stores
• “ Some of the toughest things in this world are to really want someone and not have them around you. Those are the times when you don’t know what to do. All you can do for is wait.”– Tamara Louis
• “ I hate the stars because I look at the same ones as you do, without you.”– Anonymous
• “ Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.”– Kay Knudsen
• “ Love is the shortest distance between hearts.”– Anonymous
• “ Sometimes I miss you so much, I just want to rip you out of my dreams and hug you!”– Unknown
• “ No matter how far you manage to go, the distance will never be able to erase those beautiful memories. There is so much goodness that we shared together.”– Lucy Aims
• “ I have made new friends and have many new people that I know. But hey, you will always be a special part of my heart because no one has been able to replace the space you left in it.”– Stephen Lob
• “ Sometimes I just sit in front of the computer dreaming. I have food in front of me but no appetite to eat it. All because my heart misses you and my mind is dreaming about you.”– Sandra Toms
• “ Odd how much it hurts when a friend moves away – and leaves behind only silence.”– Pam Brown
• “ That farewell kiss which resembles greeting, that last glance of love which becomes the sharpest pang of sorrow.”– George Eliot
• “ I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”– Mother Teresa
• “ I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you..”– Unknown
• “ I can bear the distance but cannot imagine a life without you. For you, I will go through the distance and the heartaches. You are my one and only.”– Montana Lee
• “ I don’t miss you and you alone – I miss you and me together.”– Unknown
• “ I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)”– E.E. Cummings
• “ The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.”– G.K. Chesterton
• “ And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”– Khalil Gibran
• “ If the only place where I could see you were in my dreams, I’d sleep forever.”– Unknown
• “ Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.”– Michael Leunig
• “ Behind every strong soldier, there is an even stronger woman who stands behind him, supports him, and loves him with all her heart.”– Unknown
• “ Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.”– Rumi
• “ Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.”– Albert Einstein
• “ Morning without you is dwindled dawn.”– Emily Dickinson
• “Love knows no distance; it has no continent; its eyes are for the stars.“ – Gilbert Parker
• ”Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.” – Doug Fetherling
• ”The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” — Charles Dickens
• ”Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits.” — Dee King
• ”I exist in two places, here and where you are.’’ – Margaret Atwood
• ‘’In many ways, the art of love is largely the art of persistence.’’ – Albert Ellis
See also: A Collection Of Getting To Know You Questions For A Deeper Insight
These long-distance relationship quotes can help you see your strength when you start to feel weak.
Some of the strongest relationships are those that are battling the miles because if they can survive the distance, what can possibly hurt them?
Through distance, you develop the strength you never knew you had and learn to communicate because that’s all you have sometimes.
Not knowing when you’re going to see your partner again makes you appreciate them in ways you normally wouldn’t.
These are some of the best long-distance relationship quotes because they come from people who know the pain that distance inflicts.
Remind yourself of how priceless your partner is, even though you don’t get to see them nearly often enough.
Their love is what gives you the strength to navigate your everyday struggles with your head held high.
With them, every moment counts, no matter how small.
See also: 12 Reasons Why Your Second Love Is The Greatest One Of All