Come on, you all, let’s admit it… We have all been ignored or ghosted by someone at least once in our lives. And those moments are the worst because you simply don’t know whether you should play their game and go silent or send them a text and express your feelings.
If you choose the second option, to stand up for yourself and give them a piece of your mind via text, I’ve compiled a list of texts I found online. I hope this collection will help you achieve your goal.
If they keep on ignoring you, remember that self-love is everything and let them go. Let them ignore and waste someone else’s time. They obviously aren’t your true friend, and they most definitely don’t care about you.
What Is The Best Reply When Someone Ignores You? 50 Great Examples
So, when someone gives you the silent treatment on purpose, here are some of the best texts you should send them. Of course, don’t send ALL of them, just the one you like the most. 😂
1. You know I’m always here for you if you need to talk.
2. I really miss talking to you.
3. Getting ghosted sucks, and I’m bummed that this is the way you communicate with someone you are no longer interested in. I hope you find what you’re looking for. No hard feelings.
4. I was just thinking about something funny that happened to me today, and it made me think of you.
5. I am a little confused as to why you stopped talking to me. Would you want to let me know what went wrong? I understand if not.
6. I feel sad and confused by you going silent on me. Clearly, we’re not looking for the same thing. Best of luck to you.
7. Is everything okay? I’m worried. Please answer as soon as possible.
8. Are you okay? Actually, are we okay?
9. It appears that we have different degrees of communication. If that’s the case, we should definitely see other people.
10. What you have done is pretty cowardly, but it would take a real man to see that.
11. If I’m being honest, this hot-and-cold communication style is very stressful for me. I think I’m going to move on.
12. I hope to hear from you soon.
13. I am getting the sense I’m being ghosted. If you want to end things, that is okay. However, if we can have an honest conversation about where your head is at, I would appreciate it. It can be over the phone or in person.
14. Just so you know, I’m here for you.
15. I wish I could say I was surprised, but honestly, I’m not. I can spot a player from a mile away.
16. Ghosting may be the norm, but don’t expect me to respond to you after three weeks of silence.
17. Based on your silence, I am going to assume that you are no longer interested in us as a couple. I wish you well.
18. I’m just wondering if you’re busy or if you want to talk.
19. I can’t believe I fell for all your lies and tricks, but I guess that’s what happens when you are trusting and have a big heart. I will share this heart with someone serious about me.
20. It hurts my feelings when I’m left on read.
21. I enjoyed getting to know you the last few weeks, but I realize our time has come to an end. I’d still love to have a talk in person about what happened first if you’re willing to do that. Let me know.
22. I was wondering if you had a minute to chat? I feel like we haven’t talked in a while, and I miss hearing your voice.
23. Since you don’t have the decency to let me know you are no longer interested, I’ll help you out by blocking you.
24. I’m sad that we aren’t talking right now.
25. Being ghosted is not fun, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want someone doing that to you. I hope you find what you’re looking for.
26. Do you want to share what you’re thinking?
27. I’m sorry, and I respect your space.
28. People change their feelings all the time, but you could have been an adult about it. Do me a favor and delete my number. I have no time to fool around.
29. Since you do not feel comfortable sharing your feelings about what our deal is, I will close the door on us. Please do not reach out in three weeks and expect me to respond. I won’t.
30. It was nice getting to know you. Wish you all the best on your dating journey.
31. I’m just wondering if you’re okay; you haven’t been replying to my messages.
32. I’m sad that we feel distant right now.
33. I hope we can talk soon.
34. I don’t know how to respond to ghosting, but I hope no one else has to go through this with you. Goodbye.
35. I’m bummed that our story had such an anticlimactic ending, but I guess that is now in the past. We’re cool. Best of luck.
36. I take it you’re not a great texter. Want to meet for drinks and an IRL convo?
37. I understand if you need some time. Just let me know if there’s anything I can do.
38. Hope all is good with you.
39. I’m not sure if something went wrong or if you simply lost interest, but I’m going to take the fact that I haven’t heard from you as your way of saying you have moved on. Now I will do the same.
40. It sounds like you’re having a tough time. I’m here for you.
41. I hoped that you and I could build something together, but clearly, we are not a good match for each other. Thanks for nothing.
42. I wish you had let me know that I was free to date other people since we are apparently over. Good luck out there.
43. This is the last attempt I’m going to make to reach out to you. For real.
44. I’ve been enjoying getting to know you, but I lose interest when contact lags. I’m not into something so on and off.
45. I’m wondering if you’re free for a quick call?
46. Hey, it seems like you’ve lost interest, and we aren’t on the same page anymore. While that is totally fine, I do wish you had considered my emotions and let me know this was the case. I deserve that much. That said, I wish you well.
47. Hey, is there a reason you didn’t respond?
48. I hope you’re doing well, but I also wanted to let you know that I’m here for you if you need to talk or anything.
49. I totally get it if you’re not feeling a connection. That’s cool. But I can’t read your mind, and I don’t want to assume anything.
50. I have to say, I thought we had a great connection, so the disappearing act on your end really surprised me. While I am not entirely sure what happened between us, I am going to assume that your lack of contact means that you are no longer interested. I wish you the best.
What Is The Best Reply When Someone Ignores You? 12 Sarcastic Examples
If you want to change your tone a bit and show the other person that their silent treatment bothers you deeply, here are the right text examples for you:
1. That was a yes or no question. This isn’t difficult. You wouldn’t do well with “Sophie’s Choice.”
2. So, you forget how to use your phone, huh?
3. I thought we were both adults, but clearly, I was wrong. Have a nice life.
4. Lolol, thanks for responding. I’ll just continue the conversation with myself. That’s cool.
5. Sorry if I am annoying you with my friendship. Don’t worry. I will NEVER annoy you again! Goodbye!
6. Up to this point, I really thought we were a good match, but I need a partner who can communicate.
7. I love it when you do that adorable thing when you don’t text me back for hours. So cute.
8. Oh, you’re ignoring me? Perhaps I should start being a jerk because being nice clearly isn’t entertaining enough for you.
9. Hey, I’m coming to help you since you obviously broke your thumbs and can’t respond.
10. I wish you the best in your future dating pursuits! Hopefully you’re a little less ghostly to the next person.
11. You must be so popular if you don’t have time to text me back! 😱
12. Good chat.
26 Funny Texts To Send When Someone Ignores You
If it’s your best friend or a family member and you consider their ghosting funny or a part of some game, you should play along with that game and send them a funny text. The most hilarious examples are waiting for you in this list below:
1. Did you fall off a cliff? Wait, you don’t exercise. Pause your Netflix and respond b*tch.
2. Make sure to add “ghosting” as one of your hobbies on Hinge in the future.
3. Oh, so you fainted from the excitement of getting a text from me? Totally understandable. Just text me when you wake up.
4. Since you ghosted, I should confess that this conversation got to be quite boo-ring.
5. The only excuse I’ll accept is if you’re eating guac and don’t want to get it on your phone. Because avocados are life.
6. You must be Danny Phantom because I can see you’re “going ghost.”
7. Now, I’m gonna ignore you so hard that you’ll start doubting your own existence.
8. Okay, I’ll answer for you. Yes, you’re going out tonight. Glad we had this convo.
9. OMG, your replies are coming too fast. Slow down a bit, please. I can’t keep up like this.
10. This conversation is beginning to feel like a case for the Ghostbusters.
11. Your response time is longer than Ross and Rachel’s entire relationship. 10 seasons. You couldn’t text me back for 10 seasons?!!
12. I see you’re prepping for Halloween early with this ghostly charade.
13. Yo, dawg, I heard you like ignoring me. Now I’m ignoring you while you’re ignoring me so we can ignore the ignoring that is being ignored together.
14. Omg, what a witty and clever response. Nothing. So philosophical.
15. Next time you want to ghost, at least hit me with a “Boo!” so I know what’s happening.
16. You haven’t replied for a while now… I really hope you’re writing me an essay… for your own well.
17. Well, I can cross “dating a ghost” off my bucket list, at least.
18. In the time it has taken you to respond, dinosaurs could have retaken the earth.
19. Now I have to cleanse my phone because there’s clearly a petty ghost trapped in it.
20. I’m not really sure if my text messages aren’t going through or if I’m being ignored on purpose? If you aren’t getting the texts, please call me.
21. OMG, wait, you met Chris Hemsworth, and he’s professing his love for you??!! No? Okay, then you can def text me back.
22. Your favorite emoji must be 👻.
23. Noah wrote Allie 365 letters, so I think you can at least text me back.
24. I apologize for asking if you were coming to watch Bachelor. Clearly, the decision has caused you a serious reflection on your priorities. I’m sorry to have caused you this existential crisis.
25. Should I have been using an Ouija board to talk to you?
26. Did you text me and then decide to THROW YOUR PHONE ACROSS THE OCEAN?! Lol, swim fast. I need an answer.
Should I Reply After Being Ignored?
Well, you can’t call it replying because you’re being ghosted after all, and it would be like you’re replying to yourself. However, you can send that person one more message just to make it clear to them that you know you’re being ignored on purpose.
Perhaps that will make them show some kind of reaction and end the silent treatment. If they don’t want to make you angry, hurt you, or lose you, I’m sure they’ll answer your texts.
You can also invite them out and ask them to resolve your issues face-to-face. After all, certain things can’t be solved through social media or simple texting.
On the other hand, if they keep ghosting you, you should consider it their reply, as they’re telling you they don’t want to see or talk to you. Either they’re really and at you, or they simply don’t care about you at all. Either way, that’s definitely when you should stop texting them.
In The End
So, what do you think? What is the best reply when someone ignores you? Did you find your perfect text example and send it to your ghoster already?
Always remember, no matter how frustrating their silent treatment is, you need to keep your dignity. Behave like a grown-up and don’t attack them immediately or start bombarding them with texts.
Give both of you some time. Perhaps you’ll also figure out the reason for their silent treatment. If you really did do something that hurt them, apologize and give them time to reach out to you.If you didn’t do anything and the other person is simply ignoring you because they don’t care about you, then you need to let it all go. Think about your own mental health and general well-being. Don’t ever obsess about someone who clearly shows how much (actually, little) they care about you.