Giving the woman you love a pet name is one of the best ways to express the appreciation and endearment you feel for her. I’ve compiled a list of lovely and cute nicknames for girlfriends and you should choose one for your girl to make her feel happy and, more importantly, special.
Let me tell you something… Love makes us all warm and cuddly on the inside.
We have this natural urge to be super sweet to our loved ones and there is no better way to express our feelings than through cute nicknames.
Even more, you’re not even aware of the effect of a good nickname. It can change the course of your whole relationship because your girlfriend will feel even more loved than she is. She will feel special and unique.
The only catch is to be innovative and unique—we don’t want to repeat the same nicknames everyone else uses.
A cute nickname for gf can help you express your intimate feelings toward your girl and it’ll definitely awaken the butterflies in her stomach.They have to tell a one- or two-word story about something that you believe to be charming and adorable about your partner. They don’t even have to have any connection with their real names.
Nicknames can be something completely unrelated, something that doesn’t make any sense to anyone but the two of you. That’s what makes them even more special.
Let’s learn something more about the best cute nicknames for a gf and help you make your girl smile.
When To Start Using Cute Nicknames For Your Girlfriend?
When is it the right time to invent some unique nicknames for a girlfriend? Sure, it’s never too soon, but there are some rules after all. Won’t you agree it would be so stupid and creepy to call your date ‘cutie’ on your first date?
She would run for the hills because it’s way too soon to start throwing such personal nicknames around. You don’t even know each other that well.
Instead of making a horrible mistake, you should wait until you get a bit more familiar with the girl you’re dating.
When things get a bit more serious between you and when you connect on a deeper emotional level, that’s when it’s the perfect time to introduce a sweet and cute nickname for your girlfriend. In case you never had a girlfriend before (even if you did) continue reading to find out what to do.
Related: Boyfriend Contact Names: 63 Cute Names To Call Your Boyfriend
Using Pet Names Is A Sign Your Relationship Is Going In The Right Direction
As already mentioned above, when you give each other a nickname, it’s a clear sign your relationship has outgrown that first awkward stage when you’re still getting to know each other.
Nicknames are a real, see-through sign that you’ve matured together, and you feel comfortable around each other.
On this note, it’s one thing when a guy gives a girl a nickname and when a girl gives a guy a nickname.
Sure, some people will give you a nickname from the moment they meet you, but usually, that is not the person who is interested in you romantically and usually, guys are the ones who do that first.
But when a girl gives you a nickname when you’re not in a relationship, it means she’s flirting with you and wants to get your attention because…SURPRISE…she likes you.
How to give a nickname?
Cute nicknames for a girlfriend aren’t that easy to come up with. I’m not saying you have to be a wizard, but a certain amount of imagination and solid observational skills are necessary.
If you’re not well endowed in those departments, I suggest you read these instructions carefully and good luck!
When you’re giving someone a nickname, there are some things you need to consider before making your choice:
- What’s your relationship with them – You have to make sure that the nickname you’re giving your partner is appropriate to the relationship you have. If you’re married, some nicknames will probably be more intimate, something that only the two of you understand. If you’re giving a nickname to the person you’re in a more casual relationship with, that nickname will be more innocent and more general. After all, you still aren’t that familiar with one another.
- How the nickname makes them feel – Before choosing a cute nickname for your girlfriend, make sure she is okay with what you’re planning on calling her. Either ask her what she thinks or try calling her that and see how she reacts. It’s not fun nor interesting if the person doesn’t like the nickname you have given them.
- A nickname has to be unique – Your girlfriend has to be the only one you’re calling with that nickname. If she finds out you’re using the same nickname for other girls you know, she won’t feel special nor unique—and that is not what you’re aiming for.
- A nickname has to agree with their personality – Consider carefully the traits your person has before you give them a nickname. The cute pet name you’re coming up with has to agree with what the person is like.
Naturally, you will never stop calling your girlfriend by her real name, but using other cute things to call your girlfriend gives something special to your relationship.
You’re putting in more emotion, and you’re making your relationship deeper by using a nickname that no one but you calls her by.
If by any chance you have problems with coming up with a perfect pet name for your girlfriend, below you will find a list of cute nicknames for girls. Read further and with my assistance, unleash your creativity.
So, what is the perfect name to call your girlfriend?
RELATED: 400 Cute Things To Say To Your Girlfriend To Make Her Happy
Cute Nicknames For A Girlfriend
These cute names for girlfriend may be classic but they are simply irresistible.
1. Sprinkles – when you look at it, she is that something extra that spices up your life.
2. Angel baby – a cute nickname for an adorable girlfriend.
3. Doll – she is as perfect as a doll as far as you are concerned.
4. Angel – when you look at her, all you see is perfection. Therefore, it’s logical to compare her to something as perfect as her—an angel.
5. Pooh bear – a perfect and adorable pet name for the sweetest being alive.
6. Apple of my eye – someone special you love and cherish. Someone you don’t want to lose at any cost.
7. My queen – she is the ruler of your heart, whether you like it or not.
8. Angel Eyes – her eyes captivate you, and you’re helpless when she looks at you.
9. Cookie – a nickname for a girlfriend you could just eat up.
10. Babe – a cute pet name for a girlfriend you adore11. Daisy – it doesn’t have to do anything with her name, she is just delicate as a flower.
12. Angel face – for a girl who is flawless in your eyes, like an angel.
13. Sweet Pea – a perfect nickname for the most perfect girlfriend ever.
14. Love Muffin – a sweet way to call the girl who is as cute as a muffin.
15. Baby – the most common and oldest nickname in the book.
16. Happiness – because this girl is the reason you’re happy.
17. Baby Girl – this nickname is popular in the south. It only proves how much you love and cherish her.
18. Cuddly Wuddly – a cute name for your girlfriend you like to cuddle with.
19. Baby Bear – a nickname for a soft and cuddly girlfriend, just like a bear.
20. Kitten – because she is adorable like a kitten. You just want to cuddle and hold her.21. Babelicious – a carefree and humorous nickname which is a more modern version of ‘babe’ and ‘baby’.
22. Hearties – she is the one who has the key to your heart. Perhaps she is the key to your heart.
23. Baby Boo – a cute nickname for a girl you like a lot.
24. Boo – if you find her sexy.
25. Beautiful – a perfect nickname for both her looks and her amazing personality.
26. Lollipop – for a delicious and irresistible girlfriend.
27. Barbie – for an astonishing girlfriend, pretty as a Barbie.
28. Button – your girl is as cute as a button.
29. Blondie – a cute nickname for your blonde girlfriend.
30. Wifey – either you’re already married or you think of her as wife material.31. Beauty queen – for a gorgeous girl.
32. Magic – for the girlfriend who makes you feel magical.
33. Blue eyes – If her eyes are the only thing you see.
34. Bunny ears – an amazing nickname for a girl who has the cutest and the tiniest ears ever.
35. Berry – a sweet nickname for a curvy and adorably cute girlfriend.
36. Pinks – a girl nickname for a girly girl.
37. Bootylicious – if her booty is her strongest weapon, and she is aware of that.
38. Biscuit – a girl with a cute and cuddly character.
39. Donut – a nickname for a sweet and round girl.
40. Bunny – a sweet girl with a softer side.41. Candy – an impossibly sweet girl, just like candy.
42. Summer – a bringer of light and positivity in your life.
43. Buttercup – this nickname is not used that often because it’s old-school, but face it, it’s a classic.
44. Caramel – for a sweet sweetheart.
45. Bub – for an incredibly adorable person.
46. Care Bear – if you’ve ever watched Care Bears, there is no need to explain things.
47. Cutie pie – a nickname for a girl with an adorable face.
48. Honey – no need to say anything. It’s a classic.
49. Cherie – Cherie means ‘sweetheart’ in French. If calling your girlfriend in French isn’t cool, I don’t know what is.
Sweet Nicknames For A Girlfriend
Among many cute nicknames for your gf, these are the ones that will probably work in most cases, but never forget to adapt the nickname to the type of personality your girlfriend has.
50. Darling – another classic that will never go out of style.
51. Cinderella – your girlfriend is a true princess in your eyes.
52. Cupcake – a definition of sweetness for a sweet and yummy girl.
53. Dearest – a woman who means the world to you.
54. Sunshine – every time you see her, she lights up your day.
55. Honey bunny – to your sweet soft and cuddly girlfriend.
56. Dreamgirl – a girl you’ve been dreaming about your whole life.
57. Diamond – a perfect name for someone as precious as a diamond.
58. Bright eyes – her eyes are her best feature.
59. Boo bear – a great nickname for a cuddly girlfriend.
60. Gummy bear – this is a jackpot nickname if she loves gummy bears.61. Fav fav – your favorite girl.
62. My love – that is all you feel when you see her.
63. Honey bee – she is sweet as honey, but she can also bite to take it back.
64. Fluffy – this is a girl who always makes you feel safe.
65. Lucky charm – having her around makes him feel lucky.
66. Teddy bear – a cute and cuddly girlfriend.
67. Dollface – an adorable nickname for a sweet girl.
68. Sweetie pie – like the most delicious dessert, you can’t resist her.
69. Babycakes – I mean, does it get any cuter than that?
70. Light of my soul – a deep nickname with some serious intentions behind the words.71. Fruitloop – an exciting and playful girl.
72. Rose – she is as precious as a rose.
73. Lovebird – she’s extremely connected to you. She can’t separate from you, ever.
74. Sugarlips – a girl who gives the sweetest kisses ever.
75. Brown eyes – her brown eyes are the most attractive eyes you’ve ever seen.
76. Snuggly – her cuteness is out of this world. The only thing you want and need is to snuggle with her.
77. Jelly bean – a nickname for a girlfriend who is soft on the inside.
78. Pumpkin – a bright and sweet girlfriend.
79. Jewel – a nickname for a precious girl.
80. Lil dove – for a girl who is fragile and pure like a dove.81. Babylicious – a delicious girl who is all yours and no one else’s.
82. Cuddle bunny – a girl you only want to cuddle and hold tight.
83. Panda – a nickname for a cute, chubby and friendly girl.
84. Kit Kat – a beautiful name for an attractive girl.
85. The Mrs – if you’re planning on marrying her, this is a great way to give her a hint.
86. Ladybug – a beautiful nickname for a graceful and cute girlfriend.
87. Boo boo – if she is playful and cute, all in one.
88. Pookie – there is no real meaning to this one. It’s just cute and that’s all.
89. Baby doll – an ideal nickname for a petite and super cute girl.
90. Cuddle bug – for a girl you love to cuddle with and snuggle on the couch while watching a movie.91. Tootsie – for a girl with lovely feet.
92. Honeybunch – a perfect nickname for a girl who is sweet as honey.
93. Sunny – if your girlfriend can’t get her smile off her face, this is a perfect nickname for her.
94. Smiley – the same as sunny.
95. Gumdrop – there is no meaning behind this word. It’s fun and it’s cute. It’s used often.
96. Lovey – a shorter version of Lovey-dovey
97. Tulip – when she blooms, she blooms for you.
98. Fantasy – perfect for a girl who is like a character from a fairy tale.
99. Twinkles – she shines and twinkles brightly like a star.
100. Dreamboat – she’s everything you’ve ever dreamt about.
Personality-Based Cute Nicknames For A Girlfriend
As for these girlfriend nicknames, they are based on a girl’s personality and that makes them even sweeter. These cute nicknames for a girlfriend will surely take your relationship on a whole new level.
101. Ice – she is always calm and altogether.
102. Wheels – if your girlfriend loves to dance, then this is a perfect nickname for her.
103. Loony – she is a bit crazy but in a good way.
104. Eye candy – she is sweet to look at.
105. Sting – an incredibly stubborn girl.
106. Perfect – you simply can’t find anything wrong with her.
107. Firecracker – she is a restless spirit.
108. Lover girl – she has an old-school, loving personality. She loves with all of her heart.
109. Missy Mischief – she always gets in trouble, and somehow, you get in trouble with her, too.
110. Boss – this girl is and always has to be in charge.111. Giggles – she laughs all the time. It’s her most famous personality trait.
112. Champ – pretty much the same as the nickname ‘boss’.
113. Hot stuff – not only does she look smokin’ hot, but her personality is also hot.
114. Braveheart – this one is pretty self-explanatory.
115. Smartypants – she is super smart, and she knows almost everything.
116. Dragonfly – she changes her personality to what suits her at that moment.
117. Cat woman – a perfect nickname for a fierce, cunning and sexy woman.
118. Gangsta baby – she is a badass from the outside but a sweetie from the inside.
119. Snow White – an innocent and sweet girl.
120. Smile maker – whoever is around her simply has to smile. She has that effect on people.121. Odie – the best friend you can ever have.
122. Amazon – just like an Amazon warrior, she’s strong and fearless.
123. Tricky – she is very hard to comprehend, but you love her anyway.
124. Google – she is a walking encyclopedia.
125. Supergirl – there isn’t a problem that she can’t solve.
126. Meow – she cuddles like a kitten with you.
127. Peaches – this is for a girl who blushes a lot.
128. Rabbit – a great nickname for a girl who is always running around getting things done.
129. Shoppy – she is shopping all the time. Period.
130. Brownie – her attractive brown eyes mesmerize you every time you look at them.131. Melody – she sings like an angel.
132. Chef – she knows her way around the kitchen.
133. Tiger Toes – she is kind of short-tempered, but you love her despite that.
134. Weirdo – her personality is strange and unique. It’s something that makes you love her even more.
135. Brainy – she is extremely smart.
136. Bree – for a girl who is cool and smart at the same time.
137. Fluffy – she is as soft as a pillow.
138. Dimples – if she has dimples on her face.
139. Hottie – your girl is hot and sexy, and she simply deserves this nickname. (DODANO)
140. Hot mama – she’s hot both outside and inside. She is fire.
Cool And Cute Nicknames For Girlfriends
Pet names for a girlfriend can be really special, and one of these is sure to make your girl see how much you care.
141. Fine wine – she is the most exotic girl you’ve ever laid your eyes on.
142. Smooch – all you want to do when you see her is to kiss her.
143. Momma – she is special to you; the nickname confirms it.
144. Bubble butt – only those who don’t have a sense of humor will get angry.
145. Wonder Woman – it’s like she has superpowers. You’re amazed by her.
146. Butterfly – if you call her this, then she must be as pretty as a butterfly on a hot summer’s day.
147. Babyface – she is adorable.
148. Juliet – she is your Juliet, and you’re her Romeo.
149. Milady – a classy nickname for a classy girl.
150. Pretty lady – a pretty nickname for a pretty girl.
Funny Nicknames For Girlfriends
Who says that your nickname options stop with romantic names for girlfriends?! If your girl is the type of gal that appreciates a good joke, one of these pet names will be a perfect choice for your girl.
151. Puppet – she is calm, and she is easygoing. You can always strike a deal with her. She’s reasonable.
152. Teacup – it’s not logical; it’s just adorable.
153. Lovebug – you use a love bug where there is an overload of cuteness.
154. Chipmunk – she has an adorable voice and personality.
155. Puppy love – she is cute as a puppy, and she’s always by your side.
156. Cheese balls – her cheeks are the cutest ever.
157. Energy pop – she is a girl who bursts with energy.
158. Bubbles – she has a bubbly attitude, all day and all night.
159. Pancakes – she is a simple, next-door girl.
160. Whiney – she is kind of a whiner, but you love her anyway.161. Ring pop – she is as cute as a ring pop.
162. Fun size – she is tiny and adorable.
163. Dumpling – she is curvy and adorable.
164. Salty – an ideal nickname for a tough and a bit of aggressive girl.
165. Butterscotch – if she’s blond and you don’t want to call her Blondie.
166. Pikachu – there is no need to explain this one.
167. Little monkey – a great nickname for someone you’re just fooling around with. Be careful and make sure she doesn’t take it the wrong way.
168. Miss Mischief – she’s always up to no good.
169. Snuggle butt – her butt is nice, round and snuggly.
170. Trouble – the name says it all.
Foody Cute Nicknames For A Girlfriend
When choosing the perfect nickname for your girlfriend, you should take into consideration her favorite food or the food she reminds you of because she’s just so darn sweet.
171. Marshmallow – because she is adorable like a marshmallow.
172. Peanut – great things always come in small sizes. She is tough on the outside, but she’s sweet on the inside.
173. Ginger – if she’s a redhead, then she’s a ginger.
174. Waffle – she likes waffles. That’s it.
175. Lambchop – a term of endearment for a cute girlfriend.
176. Snookie – she’s too sweet, and she’s one of a kind.
177. Sugar – because she’s sweet like sugar.
178. Coco – if you’re addicted to her and you can’t imagine your life without her.
179. Snicker-doodle – nice and hard to forget.
180. Blueberry – she’s savory yet sweet.
Cute Nicknames For Girlfriends In Spanish
I don’t know about you, but for me, every nickname sounds cuter and even hotter in Spanish. If you don’t agree with me, I compiled this list of cute nicknames for girlfriends in Spanish that will definitely change your mind.
181. Amanda – darling
182. Amor – love
183. Amante – lover
184. Angelita – my angel
185. Azúcar – sugar
186. Chiquilla – a little girl
187. Bebé – baby
188. Cielito – sweetie
189. Bella – beautiful
190. Corazón – sweetheart191. Bichito – little bug
192. Sol – sun
193. Bombón – chocolate piece
194. Tesoro – treasure
195. Bonita – pretty
196. Vida – life
197. Caramela- sweet as candy
198. Cariño – dear
199. Cari – caring girlfriend
200. Chica – girl201. Conejito – little bunny
202. Estrella – star
203. Empanada dulce – sweet pie
204. Preciosa Mío – my precious
205. Enamorada – your Valentine
206. Princesa – princess
207. Galletita – cookie
208. Querida – beloved
209. Luz de mis ojos – the light of my eyes
210. Mami – cute lady211. Trozo de pan – attractive girl
212. Maravillosa – gorgeous
213. Runga – sweet and lovable
214. Mi Cielito – my little sky
215. Regalito – little present
216. Mi Dulce amiga – my dear friend
217. Peluche – stuffed animal
218. Mi Mujer – my wife
219. Osito – little bear
220. Mi Niña – my little girl221. Ojitos – little eyes
222. Mi Reina – my queen
223. Ojazos – big beautiful eyes
224. Mi Tierra – my world
225. Ninfa – nymph
226. Mi Tigresa – tiger
227. Mimoso – cuddly, affectionate—a cute name for a girlfriend
228. Mi Alma – my soul
229. Mi muñeca – my doll
230. Mi Dulce de leche – candy (popular candy in Spanish-speaking countries)
Cute Nicknames For Girlfriends In Italian
Most people agree that Italian is one of the most romantic languages in the world. If you’re one of these people and you need a pet name for your girl in Italian, below is the right list for you.
231. Amore – love
232. Amo – short for love
233. Bambino – baby
234. Amorina – little lovely
235. Cara – dear
236. Pimpi – short for a princess
237. Ciccino – darling
238. Principessa – princess
239. Cuore mio – my heart
240. Reginetta – little queen241. Gioia – joy
242. Fiore – flower
243. Pulce – tiny girlfriend
244. Sei unica – you are one in a million
245. Micia – kitty
246. Stellina – star
247. Farfallina – little butterfly
248. Tesoro – treasure
249. Coccinella – ladybug
250. Bambina – child251. Fiorellino – little flower
252. Piccolina – child
253. Tigrotta – little tiger
254. Piccola – tiny
255. Vita mia – my life
256. Fatina – little fairy
257. Ciliegina – little cherry
258. Zuccherina – little sugar
259. Tesorina – little treasure
260. Caramellina – little candy
Cute Nicknames For A Girlfriend In French
If you want to give your gf a unique nickname, the one that she never heard before, you should check this list of cute nicknames for girls in French.
261. Beauté – beautiful girlfriend
262. Bibiche – same as “Bichette”—female deer
263. Ma poupée – baby doll
264. Chatounette – kitty
265. Ma chérie – for the love of your life
266. Choupinette – sweetheart
267. Ma princesse – my princess
268. Coquinette – a nickname for a sexy girlfriend
269. Ma reine – my queen
270. Lapinette – a girlfriend cute as a rabbit271. Ma tendre – true sweetheart
272. Ma belle – my beautiful
273. Mon amour – my love
274. Ma chance – my luck
275. Mon bébé – my baby
276. Ma colombe – my dove
277. Mon bébé d’amour – my sweet baby love
278. Mon chou – honey
279. Roudoudou – caramel candy in a shell—cute french nickname
280. Ma crevette – my shrimp281. Pupuce – pet name for a girlfriend
282. Ma douce – sweetie
283. Poulette – chick
284. Ma fée – my fairy
285. Pépette – someone you value
286. Ma lionne – my lioness
287. Mon sucre d’orge – my little candy
288. Ma mignonnette – my beautiful mermaid
289. Mon cœur au chocolat – my chocolate heart (sweetheart)
290. Ma muse – someone who inspires you291. Mon chou – honey
292. Ma pépite – a piece of gold
293. Mon bébé d’amour – my lovely baby
294. Ma petite grenouille – little frog
295. Ma violette – my violet
296. Ma petite sirène – little mermaid
297. Ma tourterelle – turtledove
298. Ma promise – the promised one
299. Ma souris – my mouse
300. Ma schtroumpfette – my Smurfette
301. Mon ange – my angel
302. Mon beau – my beautiful one
303. Mon trésor – my treasure
Pet names and terms of endearment have the power to make our loved ones feel special. They’re some kind of short love expressions and cute signs of affection everyone enjoys.
I hope this list of cute nicknames for girlfriend has helped you find the perfect pet name for your girl that will melt her heart.
Don’t forget that good communication (which includes sweet talk too) is the only key that fits the lock of a woman’s heart.