Motivational words are always welcome.
They boost your energy, lift you up when you are feeling down, shake you when you stagnate, and inspire you for great things.
Maybe you are feeling low, life is not your best friend right now, and you need to hear something to make you feel better.
Maybe you are in need of some cool motivational words to complete your Instagram caption or Facebook description.
Maybe you feel unmotivated to study, exercise or work better, you just need some words of wisdom as a form of self inspiration.
If you are a parent you might need some motivational words for kids to guide them through life.
Whatever it is, we’ve got your back. Take a look at this motivational words list that incorporates all those moments in which you need inspiration.
Motivational words of the day for your Instagram caption or Facebook description
1. Be a Warrior, not a Worrier.
2. I decide the vibe.
3. Get out there and live a little.
4. I’m just at a whole new ‘fuck it’ level.
5. You couldn’t handle me even if I came with instructions.
6. Sweeter than honey.
7. Life isn’t perfect…But my Hair is!
8. Her attitude is savage but her heart is gold.
9. Got my coffee and everything is finally OK.
10. Be the type of person you want to meet.
11. Exhale the bullshit.
12. Weekend Vibes…
13. Tequila may not be the answer, but it’s worth a shot.
14. Lost in the world that doesn’t exist.
15. Me doing me.
16. I got it from my mama.
17. If we could only turn back time.
18. The moment when she says you’re cute.
19. Don’t talk, just act. Don’t say, just show. Don’t promise, just prove.
20. Shining from within.
22. Stress less and enjoy the best.
23. I don’t always take a selfie, but when I do…
24. Go wild for a while.
25. Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
26. A sass a day keeps the basics away.
27. 50% Savage. 50% Sweetness.
28. I think I’m ready for my close up.
29. Just two friends having a good time.
30. Find me where the wild things are.
Motivational words for students
1. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
2. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” Mark Twain
3. Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.
4. The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
5. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
6. The expert in everything was once a beginner.
7. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” H. Jackson Brown Jr.
8. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” Beverly Sills
9. Some people dream of accomplishing great things. Others stay awake, and make it happen.
10. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little “extra.”
11. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” Nora Roberts
12. You don’t always get what you wish for; you get what you work for.
13. If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.
14. Life has two rules: 1) Never quit. 2) Always remember Rule #1.
15. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” C.S. Lewis
16. “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” Henry Ford
17. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s going to be worth it.
18. “Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.” Don Marquis
19. “It’s not the time to look for excuses.” Rafael Nadal
20. “There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes.” John Maxwell
21. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” Vidal Sassoon
22. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
23. “Work gives you meaning and purpose, and life is empty without it.” Stephen Hawking
24. Strive for progress, not perfection.
25. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” Sydney J. Harris
26. “My biggest regret could be summed up in one word, and that’s procrastination.” Ron Cooper
27. “The real man is one who always finds excuses for others, but never excuses himself.” Henry Ward Beecher
28. “The only way to learn mathematics is to do mathematics.” Paul Halmos
29. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” Zig Ziglar
30. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” Abraham Lincoln
Motivational words for work
1. Pursue your passion, and you’ll never work a day in your life
2. Hustle until your haters ask if you’re hiring.
3. Express gratitude. Regret nothing.
4. Go BIG or go home.
5. Good things come to those who hustle.
6. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” Colin Powell
7. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” Dwayne Johnson
8. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” Karen Lamb
9. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” Earl Nightingale
10. “Make each day your masterpiece.” John Wooden
11 .”Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” Chris Grosser
12. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” Theodore Roosevelt
13. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.”– Colin Powell
14. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” Will Rogers
15. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” Pele
16. “The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.” Richard Bach
17. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” Robert Collier
18. “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see farther.” J. P. Morgan
19. “Hard work keeps the wrinkles out of the mind and spirit.”– Helena Rubinstein
20. “Nobody’s a natural. You work hard to get good and then work to get better. It’s hard to stay on top.”– Paul Coffey
21. “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” Farrah Gray
22. “If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins.” Benjamin Franklin
23. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” Albert Einstein
24. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” Babe Ruth
25. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” Herman Melville
26. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” Henry David Thoreau
27. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” Thomas Jefferson
28. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” Ray Goforth
29. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.”– Jim Rohn
30. “My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” Indira Gandhi
Motivational words for athletes (gym and fitness motivation)
1. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” Michael John Bobak
2. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” Aristotle
3. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
4. “The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be?” Greg Plitt
5. My best is yet to come.
6. If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.
7. Less sugar, more fruit. Less soda, more water. Less driving, more walking. Less worry, more sleep. Less words, more actions.
8. Turn your “I wish” into “I will”.
9. Don’t stop when it hurts; stop when you’re done.
10. Remind yourself. Nobody is built like you. You design yourself.
11. Forget skinny. I’m training to be a badass.
12. It’s never too late and it’s never too old to become better.
13. Motivation comes and goes; you need to learn to build habits.
14. Once you control your mind, you can conquer your body.
15. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
16. Stop letting food be the boss of you.
17. DISCIPLINE: The one thing necessary to achieve any goal worth having.
18. You can never expect to succeed if you only put in work on the days when you feel like it.
19. Be somebody nobody thought you could be.
20. Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t allow fear to stop you.
21. Winning is a habit.
22. “The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting.” Walt Disney
23. The only way in which you will see results is if you stay consistent.
24. No pain, no gain. Shut up and train.
25. Train insane or remain the same.
26. Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.
27. Success starts with self-discipline.
28. Good things come to those who sweat.
29. What seems impossible today will one day become your warm-up.
30. I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her strengths. I’ve lost to her before but not this time. She is going down. I have the advantage because I know her well. She is the old me.
Motivational words of wisdom
1. Stop beating yourself up; you are a work in progress.
2. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” Winston Churchill
3. “Guard well your thoughts when alone and your words when accompanied.” Roy T. Bennett
4. “I got my own back.” Maya Angelou
5. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” Jim Rohn
6. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become.” Steve Jobs
7. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” Henry Ford
8. “I’m just going to go live life. I’m going to go enjoy life. I have nothing left to hide. I am kind of a free person, a free soul.” Caitlyn Jenner
9. “Slow down, and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast – you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. “ Eddie Cantor
10. ”My life has been a gift up to this point, and I’ve been blessed beyond my wildest imagination. And wherever this ride takes me is where I’m going.” Sean Hannity
11. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
12. “ By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” Confucius
13. “Quit being so hard on yourself. We are what we are; we love what we love. We don’t need to justify it to anyone… not even to ourselves.” Scott Lynch
14. “I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” Lao Tzu
15. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” Socrates
16. “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” Ernest Hemingway
17. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.” Maya Angelou
18. “You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about.” Sophia Loren
19. “A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.” Saint Basil
20. “If today were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do today?” Steve Jobs
21. “To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.” Buddha
22. “When you realize the value of all life, you dwell less on what is past and concentrate more on the preservation of the future.” Dian Fossey
23. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” Lao Tzu
24. “Talent is God-given; be humble. Fame is man-given; be thankful. Conceit is self-given; be careful.” Harvey Mackay
25. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” Reinhold Niebuhr
26. “Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.” Sigmund Freud
27. “Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.” George Bernard Shaw
28. “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” Thomas Jefferson
29. “Take care of your words, and the words will take care of you.” Amit Ray
30. “If I disagree with you sometimes, it’s because I have a mind of my own.” Emma Paul
As you can see, this list covers all the bases; it’s all-embracing.
From motivational words of the day for your Instagram caption and Facebook description all the way to sports, studying, work and even some motivational words of wisdom to pass on to your kids, you surely have it here.
With this motivational words list, do you need anything else to stay inspired and motivated?
All you need now is to be determined to reach your goal whatever it is and stay focused.
Quotes by famous people, public figures and wise man through the centuries intertwined with thoughts of us common people are here to learn from and show us the right way.