In this modern time of hectic lifestyle, contagious social media, toxic people, and other negative aspects, it is really important to protect your peace of mind.
We don’t really pay much attention to it, but protecting your peace of mind should be the main part of self-care!
Your productivity, mental health, and physical health all depend on your state of mind.
That is why it is important to establish balance – to protect your peace at all cost.
Because if you don’t, no one else will do it for you.
Your happiness is in your hands and it’s high time you fill your body, mind, and soul with positive vibes and self-love.
It’s time to take special care of your well-being – and not only on special days, but on a daily basis!
The only way to live life in harmony and boost your self-esteem is to find peace in your own mind.
Our thoughts are the most powerful instruments we have at our disposal. We need to protect them by cultivating a positive mindset.
As a result, this will attract abundance and plenty of blessings into our life.
If you’re wondering how to protect your peace and live your best life, read on.
Target your triggers
What are the things that annoy you the most? Do you feel uncomfortable or anxious around some people in your life?
Do you like your job? Do you feel genuinely free?
Think about all the negative things in your life that influence your well-being.
These things are your triggers and in order to overcome them, you need to target them, face them, and get rid of them.
This can be basically anything in your life. For example, I used to be friends with one person who was narcissistic, constantly gossiping about others and whatnot.
In order to protect my peace, I needed to let go of that person and the quality of my life significantly improved ever since.
Let go of any kind of toxicity and negativity
To protect your inner peace, you need to let go of people or things that are toxic and the source of negativity in your life.
Think about your lifestyle. What are the things you could change to become the best version of yourself?
Do you have some bad habits that greatly influence the quality of your life? If you do, acknowledge them and start working on getting rid of them.
It’s the only recipe for success. Focus on things you can change and find the courage to accept the things you can’t.
You will protect your peace of mind by doing your best each day.
Replace toxicity and negativity with uplifting and positive vibes, and your body and mind will be grateful to you.
Surround yourself with people and things that add value to your life
Get rid of all the negativity and surround yourself with quality people and things that add value to your life.
Surround yourself with inspiring people who will motivate you to work on yourself and become the best version of yourself.
Spend time with your loved ones – they are the source of joy and calmness. They are your peace of mind.
Get rid of all the things that you no longer use and have become some kind of a burden to you.
Practice minimalism. Remember that you don’t need tons of new useless things just because the media is convincing you that you do.
Happiness is not about quantity, but quality.
You can have everything you ever wanted in your life (from the most expensive car to the biggest house), but if you’re not at peace with yourself, you will not be happy.
Being grateful for what you have is the key to true happiness.
Create a safe haven at home
Create a place of peace at home where you can recharge and spend some alone time.
This should be your safe space when you’re feeling off, sad, or anxious.
If you don’t have extra room for a safe haven, you can use a corner of your living room or bedroom and turn it into a sanctuary.
You can decorate your safe space with candles, flowers, fluffy things like cozy blankets, colorful pillows, pictures, and other things that fill your heart with joy and warmth.
I know it’s going to sound funny, but my ex’s safe haven was a toilet seat.
He would spend a lot of time just sitting there while playing games on his cell phone.
Needless to say how many times I almost peed myself for the sake of his peace of mind. But I guess it was worth it.
Take a break from your virtual life
Detox from the virtual world, especially social media, because both you and I know that most of us spend a little too much free time on our phones. Well, it’s time to change that!
Forget about the tweets, texting, and infinite scrolling through news feeds for a few days. Rest your eyes, do something else in the real world.
Socialize, dance, sing, go for a walk. Do whatever makes you happy, but DO NOT go back to your virtual life.
I practice this detox method whenever I can, and I can’t accentuate enough how fulfilling the whole process is.
I can literally feel that my body and mind are detoxing because of the uplifting energy that starts circulating through my body. Definitely one of the best feelings ever!
Connect with nature
Yes. Take a break from your virtual life and connect with nature! Nature will fill every fibre of your being with positivity. You will start glowing from the inside out.
You can go for a walk, organize a picnic with your friends, go hiking – the sky is literally the limit.
There isn’t a better way to protect your inner peace than to get plenty of fresh air while soaking in the calming colors of divine nature.
As a matter of fact, why not find your favorite spot in nature and make it your safe haven as well!
Create! Express yourself! Splash paint on a big canvas, find some DIY projects, draw, sing karaoke, play an instrument, write a poem or short story.
There are many ways in which you can express yourself and they don’t necessarily have to be artistic.
You can express yourself while cooking as well. All you need is creativity.
By creating you are recharging yourself and boosting happy hormones in your brain (like endorphins).
Creating also helps you connect with your true self.
When your life becomes a routine, it’s easy to stop being in touch with yourself.
Expressing yourself will help you find joy and passion that are there inside you waiting to be unleashed.
Schedule some “me time”
Take a break from everything and schedule some “me time.” Watch your favorite TV shows, create a new playlist, listen to podcasts, enjoy a long bubble bath. Do whatever makes you happy.
Spoil yourself because you deserve it! For a few minutes or hours, don’t think about your chores, schedule, and whatever else is causing you stress.
Enjoy the moment and make the best of every second.
Set healthy boundaries
Don’t go out of your way to do things that don’t seem right to you.
Don’t try to please everyone around you for the sake of winning their approval.
Set healthy boundaries and stick to them. Remember: You are the creator of your own happiness. If you take yourself for granted, you will never find your peace of mind.
Meditating doesn’t take much of your time and it’s extremely beneficial for your well-being.
It helps you get in touch with yourself, cleanses you from all the negativity that has accumulated in your body, and has the power to improve every aspect of your life.
Sit or lie in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and focus on your breathing.
As you’re doing that, you will feel the energy circulating through your body. You will feel rejuvenated and free as a bird!
18 Protect Your Peace Quotes
1. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” – Dalai Lama
2. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” – Saint Francis de Sales
3. “You should feel beautiful and you should feel safe. What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit.” – Stacy London
4. “You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” – George Michael
5. “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu
6. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Wayne W. Dyer
7. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” – John F. Kennedy
8. “Peace can become a lens through which you see the world. Be it. Live it. Radiate it out. Peace is an inside job.” – Wayne W. Dyer
9. “Being relaxed, at peace with yourself, confident, emotionally neutral, loose, and free-floating – these are the keys to successful performance in almost everything.” – Wayne W. Dyer
10. “If there’s no inner peace, people can’t give it to you. The husband can’t give it to you. Your children can’t give it to you. You have to give it to you.” – Linda Evans
11. “Don’t search for anything except peace. Try to calm the mind. Everything else will come on its own.” – Baba Hari Das
12. “No person, no place, and no thing has any power over us, for ‘we’ are the only thinkers in our mind. When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds, we will find it in our lives.” – Louise L. Hay
13. “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
14. “You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.” – J. Donald Walters
15. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. “We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.” – Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
17. “Peace brings with it so many positive emotions that it is worth aiming for in all circumstances.” – Estella Eliot
18. “Peace comes from being able to contribute the best that we have, and all that we are, toward creating a world that supports everyone. But it is also securing the space for others to contribute the best that they have and all that they are.” – Hafsat Abiola
Protect Your Peace – Protect Your Happiness
Remember that your whole life can change in a week/month/year only if you’re willing to work on yourself.
Focus on your personal growth and protect yourself from every form of negativity.
Protect your happiness by eliminating things that make you unhappy. Live life to the fullest, find joy in little things, and embrace your true self!