Are you making a packing list for a trip you’re about to go on with your significant other? Wait a second because I have something you definitely need to put at the very top of that list.
I’ve compiled the most interesting and amusing road trip questions for couples online into this huge collection. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a short or long road trip because this list of amazing questions will fill your voyage with fun and laughter, and that’s the most important thing.
After all, the destination isn’t that important because with whom you travel is all that truly matters. Choose the questions you find most interesting and surprise your life/travel partner with a few nice topics to talk about.
Deep Road Trip Questions For Couples
1. What’s the worst piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
2. Where do you think the line is for something to be considered cheating?
3. What ideas do you have about how we could improve the ‘couple time’ we spend together?
4. What do you look forward to experiencing with me?
5. What do you think are the most important elements of a successful relationship?
6. What’s good about how we are living our life right now?
7. What are the main differences in your life from one year ago?
8. Do you think opposite genders can maintain a friendship without developing a love interest?
9. What does friendship mean to you?
10. Do you think it’s possible to have platonic relationships between men and women?
11. What would you do if you had one day left to live?
12. How would you feel if one of us took a job that involved a very long commute or staying away?
13. How do you think a person can best use their time in life?
14. When was the first time you said “I love you” to someone in your life other than your family?
15. What is your mindset towards personal finance and debt?
16. When did you know you loved me?
17. In what ways has our relationship changed you?
Road Trip Conversation Starters For Couples
1. What happened on your worst ever first date?
2. What would be your ideal getaway for a long weekend?
3. Do you remember when you first decided you wanted to be in a relationship with me?
4. What is the nicest thing I have done for you recently?
5. Is there any road trip game you particularly like?
6. What city would you most like to visit for a weekend break?
7. Name the first 3 random things that come to your mind. Go, go, go, go!
8. Where would be your perfect destination for a, let’s say, 1st anniversary holiday?
9. What is your most unique family tradition? What is your favorite family tradition?
10. What is your least favorite holiday destination from your past trips?
11. In what ways are you most different from the person you were in high school?
12. What is the most relaxing destination you have ever been on a trip to?
13. What book had the most impact on you in childhood?
14. What is the longest road trip you have ever taken?
15. Tell me about your first heartbreak.
16. Where in the world have you seen the most amazing landscape?
17. If you could apologize to one person from your past, who would it be and why?
18. Which skill would you most like to learn in the future?
See also: 350 Best Speed Dating Questions To Break The Ice
Personal Getting To Know Each Other Questions For Road Trips
1. What made you accept when I asked you out on our first date?
2. Do you have any strange phobias?
3. If you had to change your first name, what would you pick and why?
4. What activities zap your energy the most?
5. Is it OK to notice other attractive women when you are married?
6. What is your favorite way to relax when things get hectic?
7. What is the most terrifying experience you can recall?
8. What’s something you’re really good at?
9. What do you wish you could spend more of your time doing?
10. What is your love language?
11. What talent do you really wish you had?
12. What was the first thing you thought when you met me?
13. What negative thing has happened to you that actually turned out to be for the best?
14. What is your idea of a perfect date night?
15. What do you love about your personality?
16. Which is your favorite date night that we enjoyed together?
17. What has required the most courage in your life so far?
18. What type of behavior makes you feel loved?
19. What profession have you always admired?
20. What type of gestures in a relationship do you enjoy most?
21. What 5 things are you most thankful for?
22. Can you name 5 things in life you are most grateful for?
23. What situation do you want to happen so badly that you’d willingly commit a crime to make it happen?
24. Does change scare or excite you? Why do you think that is?
25. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
26. Can you think of a daring experience you’ve had?
27. What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekend when the weather outside is terrible?
28. Would you ever consider applying for reality TV?
29. What is your worst guilty pleasure?
30. Can you see yourself having kids in the future?
31. What’s the best gift I’ve ever given you?
32. What personality traits are most attractive to you in another person?
33. What was your biggest fear as a child, and do you still have it?
34. Have you learned any important lessons from previous relationships?
35. What is your mindset towards having kids?
36. What small things could I do that would really improve your day?
37. How far would you be willing to relocate for a career opportunity?
38. What is your favorite thing about our relationship?
39. What actions in a relationship would be a deal-breaker for you?
40. What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
41. What feature did you first notice about me?
42. If you could work your perfect job, what would it be?
43. Do you like spending a lot of time with your family? How often do you like to visit them?
44. Would you like to own any pets in the future? What kind of animal?
45. What red flag characteristics would make you want to have nothing to do with someone?
46. Which is your preferred social media platform if you had to delete all others?
47. Who is your most trusted friend in life and why?
48. Describe your perfect weekend?
49. Can money buy you happiness? If not, what’s the most important thing it can do?
50. What accomplishment in life are you most satisfied with?
51. What is your favorite type of coffee?
52. Which parent are you most like and why?
53. What is your absolute favorite dish?
54. If you could choose one new talent to have, what would that be?
55. If you could live anywhere in the world, what would be your first choice and why?
56. Can you think of a time you have ever been impulsive? What were the consequences?
57. Is there a childhood holiday that you would like to recreate for our children?
58. What is the bravest thing you have ever had to do in your life?
59. What part of going on holiday do you enjoy the most?
60. Is there anything about the start of our relationship you wish you could go back and change?
61. Give a description of what your dream home would be like?
62. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
63. What new language would you most like to learn?
See also: 200 Deep Personal Questions To Ask A Guy And A Girl
Interesting Travel Questions For Couples
1. What is the most useful travel advice you have ever received?
2. If your friend was cheating on their partner, would you tell their partner?
3. Bungee jumping or skydiving…. Which is scarier?
4. If you inherited 10 million dollars, what would you buy first (after all your bills/debt were paid off)?
5. What made you say yes when I asked you on our first date?
6. What is the one part of my personality that really frustrates you?
7. What compliment would you really like to hear from me?
8. If you had a cloak of invisibility, what would you do with it?
9. What experience would you most want us to enjoy together if money were no object?
10. How do you make a good travel playlist?
11. What food would you never eat under any circumstances?
12. Where would you most like to go on your honeymoon?
13. Am I ever in your dreams, and do you remember any of them?
14. Do you think we spend enough time together?
15. If we had to live in one of the places you’ve visited on vacation, which one would be your first choice?
16. What are some of your favorite things about me when we travel together, and how does it make our relationship stronger?
17. Do you get jealous or uncomfortable if I talk to other attractive people?
18. What overseas location would you most like for us to visit together?
19. What is your favorite memory of us traveling together?
20. Have you ever broken the law?
21. What would be your ideal getaway for a long weekend?
22. What are some of your biggest fears while traveling together?
23. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
24. If you could retire anywhere in the world, where would it be?
25. Do you prefer music or podcasts for car rides?
26. Is there anything in your life that would be classed as a luxury but you cannot imagine living without?
27. What do you like the least about traveling?
28. What was the first national park you ever visited? If not your favorite, which one is at the top of your list to explore?
29. Name 5 things on your bucket list
30. What theme park would you most like for us to visit together?
31. Are you still in contact with any of your ex-partners?
32. What’s a good book or podcast that you’ve been wanting me to check out for our next trip?
33. Which of these forms of transportation would you buy a ticket for right now: a hot-air balloon, a steam locomotive, or a submarine?
34. What’s an event or activity you’ve attended with me that you would have preferred not to have participated in?
35. Which of us is most dominant in the relationship?
36. What are the best travel tips you ever got?
37. If you were going to transport us into any era (either forward or back), where would we go and why?
38. What is your favorite memory from any of our trips/vacations together, and what made it so memorable for you?
39. What’s one travel memory you’d love to recreate?
40. Which of your friends would help you dispose of a dead body if you needed them to?
41. What do you think about going on holiday with other couples? Would you enjoy that?
42. What is your favorite part of travel?
43. What are the three things you like least about travel?
44. What is your favorite food to eat on a road trip?
45. What are the first two adjectives that come to mind when you think about our relationship?
46. How do you like to relax after returning from a long trip?
47. What is your favorite song to listen to on a road trip and why?
48. What have you never done before that you would most like for us to try together if money and time were no object?
49. Is there a location you would like us to go camping together?
50. What is the most terrifying/unpleasant travel experience you’ve had?
51. What is the scariest experience you’ve ever had on a holiday?
52. What is the craziest travel experience you’ve dreamt about?
53. How do you think I show love, and does it match how you like to have love shown?
See also: 205 Controversial Relationship Questions To Ask Your (Potential) Partner
Fun Road Trip Questions For Couples
1. If you could be any animal for the rest of your life, what would you be? And why?
2. Is there anyone you would secretly love to punch in the face?
3. What embarrassing skill do you have?
4. Have you ever peed in the sea or swimming pool? (Come on, you can admit it!)
5. If you had a mediocre superpower, what would it be?
6. If a film was made about our relationship, who would play each of us?
7. What’s the most cringeworthy thing you’ve ever said to someone you were attracted to?
8. What is your worst cooking attempt that was a disaster?
9. What’s one funny thing you know about me now that you’d never have thought of when we first met?
10. When was the last time you were desperate for the toilet? And what did you do? Hold it or go?!
11. Is there an amusement park you would love us to go to as a couple?
Intimate Couples Questions For Road Trips
1. What are three things that I do that you couldn’t live without?
2. What personality trait is the biggest turnoff to you?
3. What’s your favorite sexual memory of our time together?
4. What’s one place you want to have sex?
5. If I don’t say anything, what tells you that I want to make love?
6. What sexual desires do you have that are unfulfilled?
7. What can I do that really turns you on?
8. Has anyone ever walked in on you being intimate with someone?
9. What do you think about monogamy? Be honest.
10. Describe your wildest sexual desires?
11. Were you nervous during our first kiss?
12. Do you ever have sexual dreams?
13. Would you ever try skinny dipping?
14. Where on your body do you most enjoy being kissed?
See also: 281 Deep Questions About Love To Ask Your Significant Other
Would You Rather Road Trip Questions For Couples
1. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button for your life?
2. Would you rather meet the love of your life or find a treasure chest with a million dollars in it?
3. Would you rather give up watching TV/movies for a year or give up playing games for a year?
4. Would you rather be failures together or become successful apart?
5. Would you rather live in a lovely neighborhood or out in the countryside?
6. Would you rather have a horrible short-term memory or a horrible long-term memory?
7. Would you rather be in a bad relationship or alone for the rest of your life?
8. Would you rather live to 150 but have a boring life or live to 50 but have a really exciting life?
9. Would you rather be feared by all or loved by all?
10. Would you rather be the first person to visit Mars or the inventor of a drug that saves a million lives?
11. Would you rather be with a sweet computer geek or a sexy sports star?
12. Would you rather spend the night in a luxury hotel room or camping surrounded by beautiful scenery?
13. Would you rather have a house cleaner or a personal chef who cooks all your meals for you?
14. Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or 20 minutes early?
15. Would you rather go on a beach holiday or an adventure holiday?
16. Would you rather have an unlimited international first-class ticket or never have to pay for food at restaurants?
17. Would you rather live in a boring city with an amazing job or an awesome city with a boring job?
18. Would you rather be the couple that everyone is jealous of or the couple everyone wants to be friends with?
19. Would you rather be able to time travel or teleport?
20. Would you rather have a picnic with your partner or go to a fancy dinner?
21. Would you rather stay in for a romantic evening or go out for an adventurous date?
22. Would you rather have/have had a big wedding or elope?
23. Would you rather go on a beach holiday or a mountain trip?
Random Trivia Questions For Long Car Rides
1. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? Why?
2. What are your favorite movies right now?
3. Which TV shows can you not stop watching right now?
4. If you were forced to pick one person to switch lives with, who would that person be?
5. Would you eat a bug if it landed on your favorite food, and you were never going to be able to eat that food again?
6. What is more important to you, spontaneity or meticulous planning?
7. What is your favorite event in the Winter or Summer Olympics?
8. How do you like your eggs in the morning?
Hitting the open road with a loved one sounds so romantic, and you should really use every opportunity you get for a little getaway. That’s how you’ll keep your bond strong and keep the spark alive in your relationship.
If a long drive is before you, don’t forget to put this list of fun road trip questions for couples on your packing list. This is the perfect opportunity for you to spend some quality time together, indulge in a deep, good conversation, and get to know one another on a whole new level.
Oh, and yes, I hope you’ll have a pleasant road trip with your significant other. Fill it with nothing but pure love and sincere laughter, and you will have the time of your lives.