Even though speed dating is an awesome way to meet new people and even find your soulmate, it’s kind of tricky to meet someone in only 5 of 10 minutes.
However, when you have the right speed dating questions, this is more than enough time to see whether you want to see the person on the other side of the table again.
Nevertheless, this seems to be the number one problem among speed daters. You can be the most interesting person in the world but when it comes to these events, you simply get tongue twisted.
You don’t know what to say and how to keep the conversation going. Plus, the pressure is immense since you know there are only a few minutes to impress the other party.
The point here is to stand out. You have to have different speed dating questions to everyone else if you want to be remembered.
Well, that’s why we’re here. We’ve put together the ultimate list of speed dating questions for you. Plus, we’ll also impart some of our wisdom regarding this kind of dating.
100 Offbeat Icebreaker Speed Dating Questions
1. What was the name of your childhood best friend?
2. What’s the worst first date you’ve ever been on?
3. What’s your favorite book?
4. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
5. What is the last book you read?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. Are you a morning person or a night person?
8. What do you think about online dating?
9. Do you prefer ham and cheese or peanut butter and jelly?
10. Would you ever go skydiving?
11. What is your favorite TV show?
12. What is your dearest childhood memory?
13. How many close friends do you have?
14. Do you prefer horror movies or comedy shows?
15. Do you still watch Disney movies?
16. What is your dream job?
17. What is your most embarrassing moment?
18. What is your favorite food?
19. What is your favorite memory from high school?
20. Who is your favorite singer?
21. What was your favorite subject in school?
22. Do you prefer cakes or ice cream?
23. What word would your best friend use to describe you?
24. What kind of music do you usually listen to?
25. When did your last relationship end?
26. What is the cheesiest pickup line you’ve ever heard?
27. What was your favorite childhood superhero?
28. Would you break any traffic rules if you knew there were no police around?
29. Do you like to cook? What kind of food do you cook the best?
30. How long did your last relationship last?
31. What is your favorite birthday present?
32. What is your favorite sport?
33. What is your favorite drink?
34. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a child?
35. What is your favorite foreign language?
36. What did you do last weekend?
37. What was the last concert you went to?
38. If they made a movie about your life, who would play you?
39. What’s the funniest joke you know?
40. Do you like animals?
41. Do you believe in ghosts?
42. Who is your celebrity look alike?
43. Do you remember your first kiss?
44. What’s the name of your first love?
45. What did you want to become when you were a little child?
46. What is your favorite color?
47. What is the thing about your culture that you hate the most?
48. What do you think about artificial intelligence?
49. What is your lucky number? Why?
50. Are you superstitious?
51. What’s the favorite thing about your career?
52. What is the thing you hate the most?
53. What do you expect from your partner?
54. How do you usually socialize?
55. Have you ever been out of the country? How many other countries have you visited?
56. What’s your favorite city in the world?
57. Have you ever been unfaithful to your partner?
58. Have you ever experienced infidelity from your partner? What did you do? If not, what would you do?
59. Have you ever been the third person in someone else’s relationship?
60. Do you believe in karma?
61. Are you emotionally available?
62. How many serious relationships have you had?
63. What is the most romantic thing you have ever done for your loved one?
64. Would you be ready to move and leave your entire life behind because of love?
65. How long do you think people should wait before sleeping together for the first time?
66. What was your first car?
67. What is your dream car?
68. What’s on your bucket list for this year?
69. How long did your shortest relationship last?
70. How long did your longest friendship last?
71. Have you ever been detained or arrested by the police?
72. What is the most illegal thing you’ve done without getting caught?
73. What are your rituals before going to sleep?
74. How many hours do you usually sleep?
75. Do you hang out with your coworkers or you always separate your work and private life?
76. What is your most embarrassing drunk story?
77. What was the last time you read a book?
78. How often do you lie?
79. What do you do when you get caught lying?
80. What was the best summer of your life?
81. Have you ever cried out of happiness? When and why?
82. What is the best thing you spent money on this year?
83. If you could choose, would you rather work from home or in an office?
84. What food combination do you like eating that most people consider strange?
85. What is the funniest meme you’ve seen online lately?
86. Are you a big fan of social media? Is your social media life important to you?
87. If you had the money, what business would you start?
88. What’s your favorite season?
89. Do you procrastinate often?
90. How did you spend your first paycheck?
91. What do you wish was legal?
92. What do you wish was illegal?
93. Have you ever stayed in a hospital? Why?
94. If you had enough money, would you ever go to space?
95. What is your favorite emoji?
96. If you were the host of a talk show, who would be your first guest?
97. What do you see as your biggest waste of money?
98. What is the most embarrassing trend from the past you blindly followed?
99. What’s the funniest prank someone played on you?
100. What decade can you relate to the most?
50 This Or That Speed Dating Questions
1. Coffee or tea?
2. Mountain or seaside?
3. Skydiving or bungee jumping?
4. Sleeping or clubbing in your spare time?
5. Salty or sweet meals?
6. Restaurant or homemade cuisine?
7. Pizza or pancakes?
8. Chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
9. Coke or Pepsi?
10. Money or free time?
11. Online dating or meeting each other in person?
12. Books or movies?
13. Controversial topics or small talk?
14. Childhood or adulthood?
15. Dream job or dream vacation?
16. Serious questions or cheesy pick-up lines?
17. Long term relationships or flings?
18. Summer or winter?
19. Hot dog or taco?
20. Ketchup or mayo?
21. Big city rush or the countryside?
22. Butterflies or a calm relationship?
23. Romance or friendship?
24. Call an expert or do it yourself?
25. A house or an apartment?
26. Beer or wine?
27. Bubble bath or a quick shower?
28. Online shopping or going to the mall?
29. Text messages or phone calls?
30. Dog or a cat person?
31. Driving or walking?
32. Hitting the gym or working out in nature?
33. Aggressive or passive?
34. Shirt or a hoodie?
35. Kisses or hugs?
36. Art or science?
37. Sober or drunk?
38. Water or juice?
39. Meat or vegetables?
40. Obese or skinny?
41. Funny or intelligent?
42. Beach or forest?
43. Tattoos or piercings?
44. Dancing or singing?
45. Spending or saving money?
46. Overeating or starving?
47. Breaking up or staying in a bad relationship?
48. Plane or car?
49. Books or movies?
50. Perfume or deodorant?
200 Serious Speed Dating Questions
1. What is your deepest secret?
2. Do your best friends know everything about you?
3. What is your biggest fear?
4. What is your wildest dream?
5. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
6. Are you closer to your mother or father?
7. What kind of relationship do you have with your siblings?
8. How long have you been hanging out with your close friends?
9. What would you choose to be your last meal?
10. If you could choose one person – dead or alive – to have dinner with, who would it be?
11. What is your biggest wish?
12. What is your number one relationship deal-breaker?
13. Do you plan on having children?
14. Do you believe in marriage?
15. What would you do if you had to choose between your parents and your romantic partner?
16. When was the first time you got your heart broken?
17. What was the longest period you took to get over someone?
18. Do you believe in staying friends with an ex?
19. What’s your ideal first date?
20. Do you consider yourself romantic?
21. Do you give second chances?
22. Do you consider yourself a good person?
23. What’s the first thing people usually notice about you?
24. If you had to choose between looks and personality, what would you pick?
25. If you met a genie in the bottle, what would you ask him for?
26. What is your biggest regret from the past?
27. Do you move on from relationships easily?
28. How would you describe yourself in three words?
29. What do you consider to be your best quality?
30. What do you consider to be your worst personality trait?
31. What are the three qualities you appreciate the most about other people?
32. What three dating tips would you give to your dearest ones?
33. Do you believe in real-life fairy tales?
34. Name five people you’re closest to.
35. Who is your favorite historical personality?
36. Do you have a celebrity crush?
37. If there was no law, what would be the first thing you would do?
38. If you die tomorrow, do you think you would go to heaven or to hell?
39. What is your biggest sin?
40. What is your biggest blessing?
41. Are you religious?
42. If you had the law in your hands, what would be the first thing you’d change?
43. If you had the possibility to delete one thing from your past, what would it be?
44. If someone gave you the book of your life with the ending already written, would you read it?
45. If you could save the entire planet or the life of the person you loved the most, who would you choose
46. Do you have more female or male friends?
47. Do you believe in female-male friendships?
48. What song always makes you cry?
49. When was the last time you cried and why?
50. When were you the happiest?
51. Are you involved in politics?
52. What is the darkest thought you’ve never shared with anyone?
53. What’s the saddest movie scene you’ve ever watched?
54. What is your biggest success?
55. Have you found meaning in life?
56. If you could choose to cause any type of harm to yourself or to your loved ones, what would you pick?
57. What is your favorite type of art?
58. Would you rather love or be loved?
59. What do you consider to be the ultimate freedom?
60. If you could choose your place of birth, what would it be?
61. What is your most useless talent?
62. From 1-10 how would you rate your personality and looks?
63. What is your type of man/ woman?
64. If you had the ability to bring your favorite fictional character to life, who would it be?
65. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
66. What is your life motto?
67. What is your favorite book/ movie quote?
68. If you were to write a book about your life, what would be its title?
69. Do you follow your heart or your mind more often?
70. What is the skill you would like to have?
71. Where do you see yourself ten years from now?
72. Do you consider yourself more of an old fashioned or modern type of person?
73. What song describes your life the best?
74. Would you rather be sick but live a long life or die right now, while you are completely healthy?
75. What science field would you like to know more about?
76. What do you have in common with the person you were five years ago?
77. What is the most valuable lesson your previous relationships taught you?
78. Where is the furthest place you’ve been to?
79. What’s the thing you spend most of your money on?
80. Are you optimistic, pessimistic, or a realist?
81. What or who impresses you the most?
82. What kind of music do you hate?
83. Do you consider yourself more of a sinner or a saint?
84. If you were famous, who would you be?
85. What’s your worst vice?
86. What villain would you be for a day?
87. What career do you think you would be the best at?
88. What is the most exciting adventure you’ve ever had?
89. What is the best way someone can spend their spare time?
90. What is the habit that annoys you the most in other people?
91. What little thing can make even your worst day better?
92. What is the most foolish but expensive thing you’ve ever bought?
93. Have you ever been on a speed date before? What was it like?
94. If you were a master at handcrafting, what would be the first thing you’d make?
95. What hobby would you like to have if you had enough money and time?
96. What would be the first thing you did if you had unlimited power?
97. If you could be the champion of any sport in the world, which one would it be?
98. What motivates you the most?
99. Which human quality annoys you the most?
100. What is your phobia?
101. What is your biggest insecurity?
102. What color describes your personality the best?
103. What makes you the happiest?
104. When was the last time you were angry? Why?
105. If you had some important guests coming for dinner, what would you cook?
106. If you could compare yourself with just one animal, what would it be?
107. What do you want to be when you grow up?
108. Who is your role model?
109. What is the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
110. What is the last thing you bought someone?
111. What is the best compliment you’ve ever been given?
112. If you were stuck on a deserted island with just one person, who would you like it to be?
113. Do you prefer being the one who breaks up romances or being left behind?
114. What impression do you try to leave when you get to know someone new?
115. Do you think that opposites do attract or that a relationship with two similar people is more likely to succeed?
116. If you could ask one person, dead or alive, one question while you’re positive that they won’t lie, what would it be?
117. Would you rather live for another century while dealing with a bunch of problems or would you prefer to die young, living every day like it’s your last?
118. What was the best day of your life?
119. How did you manage to overcome the biggest problem you’ve had so far?
120. What memory can put a smile on your face, no matter what happens?
121. Who is the person you think you couldn’t live without?
122. What is the thing you can’t imagine living without?
123. Who is your hero in life? Why?
124. What would you like to be written on your gravestone?
125. Would you commit murder in order to save someone’s life?
126. How do you feel about privacy and boundaries in a relationship?
127. What amount of money would be enough for you to earn on a monthly basis?
128. When do you think someone is ready for marriage?
129. If you could take me anywhere in the world right now, where would you take me?
130. How often do you have the need to be alone?
131. Have you ever experienced something you can’t logically explain?
132. What do you do when you’re alone? Where do you go?
133. Do you have a hard time apologizing when you know you’re wrong?
134. Do you consider yourself to be stubborn or do you make compromises easily?
135. Do you have a hard time forgiving and forgetting?
136. Who is the person who has hurt you the most in your life until now?
137. Do you dream often? What happens in your dreams?
138. Have you ever thought you were going crazy?
139. Do you think that we’re the only beings in the entire Universe or do you believe there are Aliens?
140. What do you think about global warming? What do you do to prevent it and to save the environment?
141. Do you consider yourself superior to animals? Why?
142. What do you think happens after death?
143. Do you believe in past lives?
144. Do you think that the world is a fair place?
145. Are you the same person in private, with friends and with people you’re just getting to know? Or do you have multiple personalities?
146. If you could have any animal in the world to be your pet, what would it be?
147. Do you consider yourself emotionally and mentally strong or weak?
148. How do you usually deal with sadness and other “negative” emotions?
149. How do you show your feelings to another person? Do you have trouble verbalizing them?
150. Do you usually repress your emotions?
151. What is the smartest piece of advice you’ve been given?
152. Who is the wisest person in your life?
153. Do you listen to other people’s opinions or do you always follow through with what you want, regardless of the consequences?
154. If you were a philanthropist, what charities would you support?
155. Do you think it’s possible for people to change the essence of their personality?
156. Would you rather regret the things you did or the ones you didn’t?
157. Who was your favorite teacher during school? Why did you love them?
158. What kind of a parent do you think you would be? What parenting style would you choose?
159. If you could pick your dreams, what would you dream about?
160. If you could keep just one app on your phone, which one would it be?
161. What are you most nostalgic about?
162. Would you rather be trapped on a deserted island with your arch-enemy or alone?
163. What are the three celebrities you would like to hang out with?
164. What is the most common wrong assumption people make of you?
165. If you were filthy rich, would you still have a job or would you just enjoy your money?
166. What tells you the most about a guy / a girl?
167. What is the most useless fact you know?
168. What would you name your boat?
169. Do you prefer to hear the truth, as harsh as it might be, or to keep on living in blissful ignorance?
170. What is your life purpose?
171. Do you feel older or younger than your actual age?
172. What is the biggest misconception you’ve had?
173. If you had an unlimited budget, what kind of a party would you throw?
174. What house chore do you despise the most?
175. What is the next goal you want to achieve?
176. What was the best vacation of your life so far?
177. What was the biggest age difference between you and your partner? What is the biggest age difference you find acceptable in a romantic relationship?
178. When was the last time you felt genuinely happy?
179. What was the worst place you’ve ever worked?
180. What was your best life decision?
181. What was the worst decision you’ve ever made?
182. What book would you recommend to everyone?
183. What was the most difficult period in your life?
184. What is the weirdest meal you’ve ever had?
185. If you could have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
186. What kind of people do you choose for your friends?
187. Do you think that you should love your family unconditionally, regardless of their behavior or how they treat you?
188. What was your favorite thing to play with when you were a child?
189. What are you most passionate about?
190. How do you usually deal with life challenges?
191. What was the most difficult obstacle you’ve had to overcome?
192. What is the hardest thing you’ve done even though you didn’t want to?
193. Are you a jealous person by nature?
194. Whom do you envy?
195. What is the thing you wasted a lot of nerves on worrying about that turned out to be the silliest problem ever?
196. If you had so much money that you didn’t have to work a day for the rest of your life, what would you do with all of your spare time?
197. What animal scares you the most? Why?
198. What board game do you like playing the most?
199. What cartoon character would you choose to be your friend?
200. What musical instrument would you like to learn to play?
4 Tips and Tricks For Speed Dating Events
Judge the situation
The most important thing about speed dates is that you judge the situation in the right manner from the start. After all, you can’t ask everyone the same questions.
For example, if you see that the person next to you is quite serious, maybe it’s better to skip the funny speed dating questions.
On the other hand, if you notice that the other party is feeling uncomfortable due to the personal questions you’re asking them, it’s time to switch to some fun speed dating questions.
Always avoid controversial topics. The last thing you want is to get into a fight with your speed dating partner.
Also, don’t engage in overly intimate conversations. The other person might think that you’re only after one thing and won’t take you seriously.
Don’t let them realize that you have everything prepared. Instead, do your best to have a personalized approach to every date, so each one of them can feel special around you.
Silence is not acceptable
Awkward silence is nothing unusual on first dates. Even though it is quite uncomfortable, it happens a lot between two people who are only just getting to know each other.
However, when you’re on a “regular” date, a few minutes of keeping quiet won’t spoil your entire night. On the other hand, when it comes to speed dating, you don’t have that luxury.
The thing is that this entire process happens in a short period of time. Basically, you have just a few moments to see whether you like each other and therefore, silence is not acceptable.
Even though you won’t show your dates that you’ve spent days preparing for this event, this is exactly what you should do.
Don’t misunderstand me – I’m not here to put extra pressure on you but you definitely need to get ready as much as possible.
Don’t bring a piece of paper with all of these speed dating question s written down. Instead, try learning most of them by heart but pretend that you’re being spontaneous.
Trust me: this way, all of your dates will be impressed. They will see you as highly intelligent and ingenious.
Ask for contact details
Finally, when you like someone, don’t forget to ask for some kind of contact details. The best way to show them that you’re serious is to ask for their phone number but social media profiles will do the job as well.
Don’t be afraid to make the first move. After all, you’re all looking for your perfect match so there is absolutely no need for nervousness.
Naturally, you don’t have to ask all of these speed dating questions right away. However, I’m sure that you’ll use some of them and that they will help you be more appealing to your potential partners.
Also, you can always use them in further communication with someone you match with. I assure you that the other person will be thrilled by your interest in them.
Forget about your insecurities, have faith in yourself, and rock this speed dating event. Good luck!
Dating Advice For Women You Wish You'd Known About Sooner (20 Tips)
Wednesday 11th of January 2023
[…] Try going out on a blind date. Or, give a shot at speed dating. […]