They’re a great way to express love, and most women simply adore getting them for special occasions. They’re beautiful, and they smell great.
Besides that, I bet you don’t think much about flowers. Maybe you pass a lovely garden every day on your way to work, but you probably don’t pay much attention to it.
It’s not like anyone gives a deeper meaning to something so ordinary. Well, that’s where you’re wrong.
Flowers have been an inspiration for artists since the beginning of time, and they’re more similar to we humans than you might think.
Yes. Actually, most of the time, flowers do have a deeper meaning. You just have to pay more attention and you’ll realize why they’re such a huge part of our lives.
But, let me give you a hand so you don’t have to think about everything by yourself. I’ve made the most detailed collection of flower love quotes that will help you understand exactly what I wanted to say.
I promise you that each one of these flower quotes will make you think. They’ll help you elevate your mind and soul, and understand all the symbolism of flowers.
Inspirational Flower Love Quotes
If you only take a glance at these inspirational quotes, you’ll assume that they’re about flowers only. You might think that the authors are admiring their beauty and nothing else.
Nevertheless, if you dig a little deeper, you’ll see that these flower quotes are here to teach you a lot about love, women, men, and life in general.
1. “Love is like wildflowers; it’s often found in the most unlikely places.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Mama was my greatest teacher; a teacher of compassion, love, and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.”– Stevie Wonder
3. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – Victor Hugo
4. “Don’t let the tall weeds cast a shadow on the beautiful flowers in your garden.”– Steve Maraboli
5. “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” – Gerard De Nerval
6. “Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson
7. “Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.”– Luther Burbank
8. “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and a man cannot live without love.” – Max Muller
9. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” – Audrey Hepburn
10. “Flowers grow back, even after they’re stepped on. So will I.”– Unknown
11. “Earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.” – Jim Carrey
13. “Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.” – John Harrigan
14. “Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
15. “With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?” – Oscar Wilde
16. “After women, flowers are the most divine creations.” – Christian Dior
17. “I must have flowers, always and always.” – Claude Monet
18. “Flowers are the music of the ground. From earth’s lips spoken without sound.” – Edwin Curran
19. “The very best relationship has a gardener and a flower. The gardener nurtures and the flower blooms.” – Carole Radziwill
20. “When the flower blossoms, the bee will come.” – Srikumar Rao21. “Love is flower-like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
22. “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henri Matisse
23. “If you tend to a flower, it will bloom no matter how many weeds surround it.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
24. “A flower blossoms for its own joy.” – Oscar Wilde
25. “The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days.” – Robert Leighton
26. “Spring flowers are nature’s most fragrant charms.” – Angie Weiland
27. “A flower’s appeal is in its contradictions — so delicate in form, yet strong in fragrance; so small in size, yet big in beauty; so short in life, yet long on effect.”– Terri Guillemets
28. “Tulips were a tray of jewels.” – E.M. Forster
29. “When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one and a lily with the other.” – Chinese Proverb
30. “If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” – Claudia Adrienne Grandi
31. “Flowers whisper ‘Beauty!’ to the world, even as they fade, wilt, fall.” – Dr. SunWolf
32. “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.” – Frances Hodgson Burnett
33. “Live life in full bloom.” – Unknown
34. “The Japanese say, if the flower is to be beautiful, it must be cultivated.” – Lester Cole
35. “The lovely flowers embarrass me. They make me regret that I am not a bee.” – Emily Dickinson
36. “In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.” – Okakura Kakuzo
37. “You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot keep spring from coming.” – Pablo Neruda
38. “All the flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds of today.” – Indian Proverb
39. “Even the tiniest of flowers can have the toughest roots.” – Shannon Mullen
40. “Flowers don’t tell; they show.” – Stephanie Skeem41. “Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow.” – John Lennon
42. “Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made and forgot to put a soul into.” – Henry Beecher
43. “A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” – Zen Shin
44. “Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.” – Theodore Roethke
45. “If every flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.” – St. Therese of Lisieux
46. “Even when petals have flaws; all you see is a beautiful flower.” – Adrianne Elizabeth
47. “She wore flowers in her hair and carried magic secrets in her eyes.” – Arundati Roy
48. “My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece.” – Claude Monet
49. “A weed is but an unloved flower.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
50. “You are allowed to take your time to grow in your own beautiful way.” – Dhiman
Sunflower Love Quotes
Some will say that roses are the queens of flowers, but I’ll have to disagree. For me, sunflowers deserve the most attention and admiration. And, these authors couldn’t agree more.
1. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do.” – Helen Keller
2. “A rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose. All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too.” – Miranda Kerr
3. “Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals. Some seem to smile, some have a sad expression, some are pensive and diffident, others again are plain, honest, and upright like the broad-faced sunflower and hollyhock.” – Henry Ward Beecher
4. “Let the sunflowers of thy soul bloom in the sunshine.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
5. “Who knows what may lie around the next corner. There may be a window somewhere ahead. It may look out on a field of sunflowers.” – Joe Hill
6. “I don’t think there’s anything on this planet that more trumpets life than the sunflower. A satellite dish for sunshine. Wherever light is, no matter how weak, these flowers will find it. And, that’s such an admirable thing, and such a lesson in life.” – Helen Mirren
7. “Ah, Sunflower, weary of time / Who countest the steps of the sun; / Seeking after that sweet golden clime / Where the traveler’s journey is done.” – William Blake
8. “Someone was sitting in front of a sunflower watching the sunflower, a cup of sun, and so I tried it, too. It was wonderful; I felt the whole universe in the sunflower. That was my experience. Sunflower meditation. Wonderful confidence appeared. You can see the whole universe in a flower. “ – Shunryu Suzuki
9. “In a crowd of roses, choose to be a sunflower. Thornless. Unwithering. Abundant in seeds.” – JaTawny M. Chatmon
10. “Come with me into the field of sunflowers is a better line than anything you will find here, and the sunflowers themselves are far more wonderful than any words about them.” – Mary Oliver
Funny Flower Quotes
If you look at life positively, everything is a source of a good laugh. In that case, I’m sure that these flower puns will make you pee in your pants.
1. Not a daisy goes by where I don’t think about you.
2. Our tulips should kiss.
3. Don’t stop beleafing.
4. Please, don’t you ever leaf me.
5. I will love you till the end of thyme.
6. I lilac you a lot. Do you lilac me back?
7. He had me at aloe.
8. I love you a lilly more than you love me.
9. I love you tulip much.
10. Iris a happy birthday.
You have a perfectly good photo with flowers, but you’ve run out of ideas for a creative caption to go with it? Well, you’re at the right place because these captions for flowers will knock all of your followers off their feet.
1. In a field of roses, be a wildflower.
2. My soul speaks in flowers.
3. Always look for flowers.
4. No rain – no flowers.
5. With grace in my heart and flowers in my hair.
6. Bloom where you’re planted!
7. Bloom; A beautiful process of becoming
8. If you surround yourself with flowers, you will always be happy.
9. Keep calm and give me flowers!
10. Keep going, keep growing!
11. Be like a flower; survive the rain but use it to grow.
12. Grow through what you go through.
13. Wake up and smell the flowers; life is so beautiful.
14. My favorite colors are flowers.
15. April showers bring May flowers.
There are actually numerous life lessons you can learn from flowers. Besides representing nature, they’re also quite similar to us.
Flowers are not only there to show us their beauty. They usually appear in spring, which symbolizes new beginnings – something we all need.
Seeing a flower tells you that after all the storms, there will always be chances for fresh starts. A new flower is a new life and a new chapter.
Also, let’s not forget that flowers don’t bloom in a matter of seconds. It takes time for them to reach their full beauty, the same way it takes time for human beings to reach their full potential.
And, what about effort? You have to invest your energy into becoming the best possible version of yourself… am I right?
Well, the same goes for flowers. You have to water them the same way you have to nurture your soul and body.
Finally, some flowers might have thorns, but that doesn’t make them any less beautiful. And, that’s the lesson you should learn about your self-confidence: your imperfections don’t make you any less worthy.
To Wrap Up
I hope that these flower quotes will make you think and help you realize the beauty of life. Not only that: they can also serve as an inspiration to become as strong and as fearless as a flower.
Never forget how much power such a delicate creature carries around. So, what makes you think that you can’t do the same?
Learn to be more like a flower: grow thick roots so nobody can destroy you, wake up even more fierce after every storm, impress the ones who cross your path, and do all of that while looking your best.