Oops! Did you do or say something that hurt your boyfriend, and now you’re wondering how to apologize to your boyfriend over text, right?
Worry not, it’s happened to me multiple times! (It’s not that I’m bragging about it, God forbid.) The thing is, we all make mistakes in relationships, and what’s important is that we apologize and eventually make up for it.
I personally think that one of the best ways to apologize to your boyfriend is by sending him one of these heartwarming and sincere apology messages. Why?
Because by doing so, you’ll give him enough time to think about it and accept your apology text before seeing you.
Another reason is that the written word is often more effective because you can carefully choose the right words and re-read your sorry message MULTIPLE TIMES before sending it.
Below you’ll find a short guide on how to apologize to your boyfriend over text and a collection of sincere apologies to send to your boyfriend. Feel free to adjust (delete or add) parts of these messages so that they are fully optimized for your boyfriend. Let’s see! 😄
How To Apologize To Your Boyfriend Over Text
When it comes to apologizing to your boyfriend, the most important thing to pay attention to is the tone of your message and your choice of words.
You certainly don’t want your boyfriend to think that your apology is not sincere, right?
Apologizing over text can sometimes be a double-edged sword, but if you follow these tips, then there’s nothing to worry about:
- Choose a personal and specific writing style
After all, you’re apologizing to your boyfriend and not some random person. You want to be as personal as possible so that he sees you’re genuinely sorry. Also, make sure to be specific and detailed.
- Acknowledge the willingness for improvement
Apologizing without expressing willingness to improve is like you didn’t apologize at all, right? That is why you shouldn’t forget to accentuate it at the end of your apology message.
- Express your feelings
Needless to say, now is the right time to express your deepest feelings for your boyfriend and make it as heartwarming as possible. You want him to see how much you care about him and that you want him to forgive you.
- Start your sentences with “I”
Don’t start your sentences with something like “You did this or that.” Dear ladies, that is a perfect example of an accusing style. Instead, you want to start your sentences with “I” and avoid mentioning anything that would upset your man.
- Don’t forget to follow up in person
After apologizing over text, you should also do so in an in-person conversation. I’m not saying that you should recite the apology you sent over text but summarize it and add some new elements to it. As always, just follow your heart and be genuine.
Heart Touching Emotional Sorry Message For Boyfriend
These apology messages for your boyfriend will let him know how sorry you are and how much you care about him. Apologizing has never been more touching than with these texts:
1. “I am horribly sad about what I did and said to you. Please let me make it up to you.”
2. “I’d like to apologize in person because I know I wasn’t fair to you. Please let me know when you’re ready to meet up.”
3. “I never meant to hurt you, and I never want to hurt you ever again. I do understand if you need time to process it. I just wanted to apologize and let you know that I’m now aware of the damage that I’ve caused you, and a simple ‘sorry’ cannot render justice to how I feel about this. Please let me know when you’re ready to talk about it.”
4. “I’ve been thinking a lot about what I said last night, and I really crossed the line. You have every right to be offended and hurt, and I’m truly sorry. I’m going to spend some serious time working on understanding why I lash out and change my behavior.”
5. “For the last few days, I have felt so lonely. I am missing the sweetest hugs from my boyfriend. I am missing the nice words my boyfriend speaks. I am missing my boyfriend’s kindest smile. I am sorry, honey. Please forgive me for my actions that hurt you. “
6. “I apologize for the things I’ve said. I’d like to talk about it if you’re ready.”
7. “My life is spinning out of control, and I have no one to blame but myself. I need the support and security of your love to get my life together again. Know that I love you and did not mean to hurt you.”
8. “I am sorry for what I said and how I behaved. I want to make it up to you.”
9. “It is so annoying that everything came over you. You paid for my mistake; I deeply regret that. I know I do not deserve it, but please forgive me.”
10. “I know I hurt you, and I know you need time. I just wanted to apologize and let you know I didn’t mean to hurt you and that I feel awful for what I said.”
11. “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Hurting you is something I’d never do on purpose. Realizing what I’ve done, I know I hurt you. I never meant to, and I never will again. I’m sorry, baby.”
12. “I know we just went through a rough patch – maybe I could plan a date for us so that we can spend some quality time together?”
Apology Texts To Boyfriend
Sincerity, genuineness, and warmth. These are the elements that every apology message should contain. Sending a heartfelt apology to your boyfriend has never been easier with the following apology texts:
1. “I’ve had some time to cool down and really consider my behavior. I now realize I was totally out of line. I hurt you and feel horrible about it. Take whatever time you need to process your feelings, and when you’re ready, I’d love to apologize again face-to-face.”
2. “The world is worthless for me without you. And I am so stupid that I hurt you knowing this fact well. I love you. Please forget my mistake and forgive me again. I love you a lot.”
3. “If one sorry can end the fight between us, I take the initiative. I am sorry. Please forget everything and let us make a fresh start.”
4. “I shouldn’t have said that, and I didn’t mean any of it. I’m terribly sorry about it. Hurting you is the worst I’ve felt, and I’m sorry.”
5. “Ever since we started dating, you have done all I ever asked you to. So, as one last favor, please forgive me so that I can start doing everything you want me to. I am sorry.”
6. “I get annoyed when pretty girls try to flirt with you. Since I am your girlfriend, I cannot help but feel blue. But I promise that I will not lose my cool next time when girls see you and drool. I am sorry.”
7. “You’re the love of my life and my sweetest joy. I lost it and said some terrible things to you. I am sorry, and I want to make it up to you. Please let me know whenever you’re ready to meet up.”
8. “Some individuals like me are born to commit mistakes, and others like you are born to forgive individuals like me. And when they are together, they become the best couple. I love you. Please forgive me.”
9. “You mean the world to me. I’d never do anything to hurt you. I’m sorry.”
10. “You’re my world, my everything. I can’t bear knowing that I hurt you so badly. I feel awful, and I can only imagine how you’re feeling. I apologize, my love.”
11. “I would never mean to cause you so much pain. I promise to be a better communicator.”
Best Way To Say Sorry In A Text
Still wondering how to apologize to your boyfriend over text? Worry not, these are the best ways to say sorry in a text:
1. “I strive to be a woman of worth, who keeps her word, a woman of warmth. But I make mistakes. I have learned so much from this one, and I promise not to repeat my hurtful actions.”
2. “I never took you or your love for granted, and this time it sounded like the opposite of that. You mean the world to me, and I don’t ever want to hurt you. I’m sorry.”
3. “I gave you a headache and made your heart ache, but I promise to find the best way to heal them. You are always on my mind and in my heart.”
4. “I love you, and I cherish your presence every single day. I’m sorry if I made you feel otherwise last night.”
5. “Baby, we promised not to allow anything to get in our way. I am sorry for the mistake that disappointed and angered you.”
6. “Saying, ‘I am sorry,’ is an underestimation of the magnitude of my mistakes. Only time and your willingness can make you forgive me.”
7. “I was overwhelmed, and I said things I shouldn’t have. Please forgive me.”
8. “I created a distance between us even though all I want is for us be together. It is one of the worst mistakes I have ever made.”
9. “I am imperfect, and my apology will not change the past. However, I promise to become the best version of myself and the man you deserve.”
10. “I’m trying to understand your pain and your past, and yesterday I failed. I am awfully sorry for hurting one of my favorite people on this planet.”
11. “I apologize for acting like a crazy person today. I swear it was not the real me. I am asking you to forget today’s events, sweetheart. Let us pretend it was not real, okay?”
Apology Sorry Text Message For Boyfriend
These sorry text messages call for you to immediately write an SMS to your boyfriend and apologize for hurting his feelings:
1. “I understand you have the right to be angry, but please don’t be because that affects me more than you can imagine.”
2. “You didn’t deserve my anger and none of those words I said. I take responsibility for your hurt, and I apologize for it. You’re my world, and hurting you hurts me too.”
3. “I crossed so many lines, and I messed it up… I am sorry for hurting you.”
4. “My life truly feels empty without you in it. I am sorry for everything, and I hope you can forgive me so we can start over. I love you.”
5. “Please don’t let those who said we are not meant to be claim they were right. Your forgiveness is the only thing that will protect and keep us together.”
6. “It is never your fault that I always cause some mess. I’m sorry for making you feel unhappy.”
7. “Darling, you’re my light and joy… I know I overreacted, and I’m sorry. I apologize for hurting you and being insensitive.”
8. “I will keep texting you until your heart calms down. I do not want to lose you now or ever because you are the most precious person in my life.”
9. “I regret saying what I said, and I regret hurting you. I’m sorry, baby.”
10. “I have never felt entitled to your forgiveness just because you love me. I will never try to feel like you should forgive all my mistakes. I only hope that we will always find a way to settle our differences.”
11. “Do you remember telling me that my face becomes ugly when I cry too much? I want to apologize and hope you can make me pretty again. It is your power over me.”
Heart Touching Sorry Quotes For Bf
With these I’m sorry quotes for your partner, there’s no need to overthink how to apologize to your boyfriend over text. All you need to do is choose your favorite one (or a few of them) and send it to your boyfriend. If you want to make it even more touching, try adding some love quotes as well to these texts:
1. “Apologizing isn’t enough… I know I hurt you and that I’m responsible for your sadness at the moment. You’re the love of my life, and seeing you hurt automatically hurts me too. Please forgive me for being so inconsiderate and arrogant towards your presence and needs.”
2. “I really blew it. I owe you a thousand apologies. Here’s the first one: I’m so sorry for how I acted yesterday. You didn’t deserve it, and I wish I could take it back. I can’t, so instead, I’m promising it will never happen again. One apology down, 999 to go!”
3. “You’re my love and light and joy. I would never do anything to hurt you. I am sorry… Please, let’s clear this up.”
4. “I have been feeling down and confused ever since we argued. I did not plan things to happen the way they did. Always know that my happiness lies with you.”
5. “They say those who love each other fight because they care about their differences. Being rude and hurting you is never justifiable. It was wrong of me to express myself that way.”
6. “I should never have done/said that. It was totally out of line. I’m so sorry that I hurt you, and I’m going to work hard to never be so careless again.”
7. “I really messed up. Whenever you feel ready, I’d love to meet face-to-face. I promise just to listen this time.”
8. “Sometimes, my crazy mind makes me commit irreversible mistakes, but I love you. Please look inside my soul and forget all the bad words I said. I am sorry for being so selfish.”
9. “I don’t want to win an argument with you. I want to solve things, agree with you, and accept you as you are. I wasn’t myself today. I hurt you today. I’m truly sorry for hurting you. It was never my intention.”
10. “I’m willing to learn. I won’t repeat that mistake ever again. Knowing that I’ve hurt you, I find it hard even to forgive myself. I can only imagine how you’re feeling right now. Please forgive me.”
11. “I really want to express how sorry I am to you face-to-face – can you carve out some time this weekend?”
What Is A Cute Way To Say Sorry To Your Boyfriend?
The cutest way to say sorry to your boyfriend (or your fiance) is by doing it in an honest and touching way. Well, you can also add some love poems to the equation if you feel like it. Here are the best examples of cute ways to say sorry to your Bf:
1. “It’s my fault that you have no idea how much I appreciate you. I’m not good at communicating, but I’m willing to improve. I’m willing to try. I’m sorry for making you feel the way I did.”
2. “It breaks my heart when we do not speak. I want to cry, but I have no tears left. Would you please accept my apology and show me your sweet smile?”
3. “Hey babe, I totally lost my temper last night, and I’m so sorry. It doesn’t justify what I said or did. I just want you to know that I know I messed up, and I’m going to talk to a professional about it so it never happens again.”
4. “Please accept my apology and let us move forward. I promise I will stop acting so angry and start being naughty for you.”
5. “You’ve been such an understanding and loving person to me. I’m starting to think I don’t deserve that because of what I did today. I hate the fact that I hurt you. I’m sorry.”
6. “I understand if you need time to process this. I’m sorry for putting us in this situation.”
7. “I’m sorry for hurting the most loving person and one of the most precious people in my life. You’re all I could ever ask for. I apologize, my love.”
8. “Apologies have never been my strong suit. However, I did not mean to hurt you. I’m sorry. Will you give me just one kiss?”
9. “I’ll water the plants this week. I overreacted, and I caused the fight. I’m sorry, baby. I love you.”
10. “I am posting my sincere apology in front of everyone I care about. It is all over the internet, including Facebook and Instagram. I am hoping you will accept it and forgive me.”
11. “The sweet love and kindness we share seem to have been blemished by my selfish mind. I apologize that you had to go through this mess. I regret being mad at you and sincerely hope you can forgive me.”
12. “I wish I had a magic wand to voice my apologies to your heart. Unfortunately, you are not here right now, so I am sending you this message hoping that you can forgive me.”
13. “My dear prince, your princess has to apologize. She was wrong, but she can still become your queen if you find it in you to be her king and forgive her.”
How Do You Say Sorry To Your Boyfriend In A Romantic Way?
By reminding your boyfriend of his important role in your life and explaining to him how his love makes you a better person. This is how you’ll say sorry to your boyfriend in a romantic way:
1. “I am so angry with myself for hurting the love of my life, my best friend, and my ride-or-die. Please give me a second chance to make this right.”
2. “You don’t deserve to be insulted. I wasn’t myself, and I shouldn’t have said those words. I never will again. I’m sorry, my darling. I love you.”
3. “I cherish you. I cherish your presence, and I cherish your love. I’m sorry that I made you feel otherwise.”
4. “Your love made me a better person and whole again. I have been doing my best not to return to my old nature. Please do not give up on me now.”
5. “Please close your eyes and hug me tight; think of you and me tonight. I am so sorry I did wrong, but I want to change.”
6. “You know that you are the most important person in my life, right? I am sure that the gentleman you are can easily forgive me. Will you please forgive me?”
7. “Hey. I just want to let you know how much you mean to me. I’m so ashamed of how I behaved and the way I made you feel. Please forgive me. I promise I’ll do whatever it takes never to do that again.”
8. “I want to make things better. At its best, our marriage is the greatest in the whole world, and I am willing to do what it takes to work through this rough patch. Please help me, honey, and forgive me for all of my irritating habits. I’m sorry, and I love you from the bottom of my heart.”
9. “You are so important to me, and I hate that I made you doubt that. I am so sorry. What can I do to make us OK again?”
10. “Hey, babe. I’m really ashamed of how I behaved yesterday. The worst part about it all is how I made you feel. You don’t deserve that kind of treatment. I promise you it won’t happen again.”
11. “I want to show you that I care about you, so I made you this playlist that reminds me of you.”
12. “You’re my world, my home, and my peace. Hurting you is something I never imagined doing, ever. I apologize, and I ask for your forgiveness.”
Congratulations, Your Bond Has Been Restored!
Did you find your personal favorite emotional sorry message for your boyfriend? Or are you still not sure how to apologize to your boyfriend over text? Worry not. The most important thing is that your apology comes from the heart.
Remember that healthy relationships require serious effort, taking responsibility for your actions, and apologizing when needed. Also, as Verywell Mind suggests: “Apology mends trust.”
Are you ready to take responsibility for hurting your boyfriend’s feelings?
I bet you are. Good luck! ❤