If you chase love, you won’t catch it. If you rush into it, it won’t last.
But, if you wait for it, it will find you! And that’s why true love is worth waiting for!
No matter how unattainable love seems sometimes, it is, nevertheless, all around us and inside us.
Love lives patiently within our hearts waiting for the perfect moment to flourish and multiply.
Love also lives in these waiting for love quotes – a collection of inspirational quotes that show that love is worth waiting for!
So, let these beautiful love quotes be your daily dose of motivational quotes, happy quotes and cute quotes – all in one place.
Let them fill your heart and love life with hope, patience, and warmth!
Because love is life and life is love. There’s no life without love and there’s no love without life, and waiting is the bridge between the two!
WAITING FOR LOVE QUOTES
Here’s a collection of famous quotes about waiting for love, relationship quotes, funny quotes about love, romantic love quotes and many more that will bring you hope and wisdom and keep you entertained while waiting for the One:
Love Waiting Quotes
1. “I was made and meant to look for you and wait for you and become yours forever.” – Robert Browning
2. “If you can’t ignore imperfections, then your imaginary ideal soulmate will always remain pending till you grow old and die.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
3. “Don’t rush into love. You’ll find the person meant for you when you least expect it.” – Franzie Gubatina
4. “I have enough patience to wait for the fulfillment of my wishes.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
5. “Never rush into a relationship. True love is bound to reveal itself sooner or later.” – Jayden Hayes
6. “Never rush in love for it never runs out. Let love be the one to knock on your door so that by the time you start to feel, you’ll know it’s real.” – Unknown
7. “If we’re waiting for the most convenient time to say I LOVE YOU, we may never find one.” – Terry Mark
8. “I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.” – Paulo Coelho
9. “God saves the best for the people who know how to wait; who are patient and kind always.” – Unknown
10. “The course of true love never did run smooth.” – William Shakespeare
11. “Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.” – Paulo Coelho
12. “The right person will come, once you have suffered enough to deserve her.” – Juvenal Lopez
13. “I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling, don’t be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I’ll love you a thousand more.” – Christina Perri
14. “Sometimes waiting is the hardest thing of all.” – Luanne Rice
15. “You must learn to wait for the fulfillment of your visions.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
16. “If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.” – Oscar Wilde
17. “Stop waiting for the right person to come into your life. Be the right person to come to someone’s life.” – Leo Babauta
18. “Please don’t be in love with someone else, please don’t have somebody waiting on you.” – Unknown
Best Quotes About Waiting For Someone You Love
19 .”If I am really a part of your dream, you’ll come back one day.” – Paulo Coelho
20. “Good things come to those who wait. Better things come to those who try.” – Nishan Panwar
21. “You can’t force someone to care, you can only sit and wait till everything catches up to them and when it finally does maybe then they’ll realize what they lost.” – Nishan Panwar
22. “Delay is a bitter tonic, but it increases appetite.” – Austin O’Malley
23. “Time is the best teacher; patience is the best lesson.” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
24. “Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we’re waiting for.” – Charles Stanley
25. “There are people out there who are waiting to meet you. Waiting to love you. You have to stick around for them.” – Benedict Smith
26. “How much of human life is lost in waiting.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “Trust the almighty. He’ll open up the right door at the right time.” – Sophieya
28. “Waiting is a trap. There will always be reasons to wait. The truth is, there are only two things in life, reasons and results, and reasons simply don’t count.” – Dr. Robert Anthony
29. “Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.” – Erica Jong
30. “And maybe, although it was a thing you could hardly bear to think about, like death or your last judgment, maybe he would be the last one ever and he would walk away now and it would only be a question of waiting for it all to end and hoping for better things in the next world. But that was silly, it was never too late.” – Brian Moore
31. “I wanted her and only her.
I wanted to be a part of her storm.
I wanted to feel my pulse against hers.
I wanted the bitter on her sweet tongue.
I wanted the sadness in her sweet syrup eyes.
I wanted the silence in her screaming mind and the enigma that is really quite simple – a complicated happiness.
I wasn’t willing to let go. I was falling completely, forever, into solid fucking love that was swimming through my veins. I wanted to be the breath in her mouth and the rhythm in her chest that would beat only for me.” – Shey Stahl
32. “It wasn’t my intention to love you that much. I did everything to show how much I care for you. But I guess you didn’t love me as much as I did. Even how hard I tried to hold you but you let me go. Urgh! That was painful. I still wait for you even [if] it takes years.” – Aser Alas Jr.
33. “Days may pass into months, months may pass into years, and years may pass into decades, but I will always keep waiting for you.” – Avijeet Das
34. “And if I can’t be yours now I’ll wait here on this ground till you come, till you take me away. Maybe someday.” – Colleen Hoover
Waiting For True Love Quotes
35. “People count up the faults of those who keep them waiting.” – French Proverb
36. “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
37. “Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.” – John Keats
38. “Waiting is the rust of the soul.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
39. “The right man comes at the right time.” – Italian Proverb
40. “Real love trusts, mature love understands and true love waits.” – Analiza Garcia
41. “The most inefficient and self-harming thing a person can do is go out looking for love. Let it find you when the time is right and you’re out doing what you love to do. Only then will you find it in its truest form.” – A.J. Darkholme
42. “There is no great achievement that is not the result of patient working and waiting.” – J. G. Holland
43. “All things come to him who waits – provided he knows what he is waiting for.” – Woodrow Wilson
44. “Whatever we are waiting for — peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance — it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
45. “You attract the right things when you have a sense of who you are.” – Amy Poehler
46. “You don’t find love, it finds you. It’s got a little bit to do with destiny, and what’s written in the stars.” – Anais Nin
47. “Don’t fall in love with someone who says the right things. Fall in love with someone who does the right things.” – Unknown
48. “One day I am going to wake up, roll over on my side, and kiss the love of my life good morning.” – Unknown
49. “One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else.” – Unknown
50. “Love isn’t finding someone to live with. It’s finding someone you can’t live without.” – Unknown
51. “Stop looking for a partner. Focus on your goals and rebuilding your life. The right person will eventually find their way to you.” – Unknown
Wisdom Quotes And Encouraging Hope Quotes About Love
52. “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” – Nicholas Sparks
53. “Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.” – Orhan Pamuk
54. “You can give without loving, but you can’t love without giving.” – Amy Carmichael
55. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
56. “Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.” – Maya Angelou
57. “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
58. “Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
59. “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
60. “Romance is the icing, but love is the cake.” – Unknown
61. “Heaven grant us patience with a man in love.” – Rudyard Kipling
62. “( … ) maybe the heart is an organ on constant ready, always waiting to try again, always open to the next best thing.” – Kate Ellison
63. “People need love. It’s the most powerful emotion in the world.” – Michael Jackson
64. “We must not confuse the command to love with the disease to please.” – Lysa TerKeurst
65. “Mutual love is the best kind of love for a marriage…..There is an understanding between them that sometimes doesn’t even need words.” – S. Levine
66. “Earth is full of heartache and strife, being able to share the journey with somebody you love helps to make it a little easier.”- Elijah Davidson
67. “Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.” – C. S. Lewis
68. “The eyes tell a lot about what is going on in the mind, and they can convey love in a way that words cannot.” – Alexis G. Roldan
69. “Grow old with me, the best is yet to come.” – Robert Browning
70. “If you could only love enough, you would be the most powerful person in the world.” – Emmet Fox
71. “I think it is absolutely vital when you are married with children to have at least one trip away a year without the kids. No matter how much we love them, it’s really important to remember we are part of a couple too, otherwise the kids completely take over.” – Jason Ayres
72. “The love, kindnesses, and value we have given authentically to others will be our remaining treasures at the end of life.” – Steve Brunkhorst
Funny Quotes About Love
73. “Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner.” – Jerry Seinfeld
74. “If husbands spent their time and attention on demonstrating love to their wives, and wives focused their energy on showing respect for their husbands, imagine how different the world would be today.” – Greg Laurie
75. “Love is a lot like a backache: it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” – George Burns
76. “I want to be your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.” – Unknown
77. “Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” – Mark Twain
78. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
79. “Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.” – Carroll Bryant
80. “Love is blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.” – Pauline Thomason
81. “Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.” – Jackie Mason
82. “Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you’re offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone’s feelings.” – David Sedaris
83. “Marry a man your own age; as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.” – Phyllis Diller
84. “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.” – Erma Bombeck
See also: Short Love Quotes: 287 Inspiring Sayings For Him And Her
85. “Love is sharing your popcorn.” – Charles Schultz
86. “An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie
87. “Love is the same as like except you feel sexier.” – Judith Viorst
88. “I wasn’t kissing her, I was whispering in her mouth.” – Chico Marx
89. “A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.” – Les Dawson
90. “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” – Joan Crawford
91. “He gave her a look that you could have poured on a waffle.” – Ring Lardner
92. “Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in
a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else.” – Jean Kerr
93. “Romantic love is a mental illness. But it’s a pleasurable one.” – Fran Lebowitz
94. “Don’t make love by the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbors ain’t.” – Unknown
95. “Marriage is like pantyhose. It all depends on what you put into it.” – Phyllis Schlafly
96. “What’s the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About 30 pounds.” – Cindy Garner
97. “If love is a blunder, then it means that the biggest fault in my life is loving you.” – Unknown
98. “Will you lend me a kiss? I promise to give it back.” – Unknown
99. “My head and my heart will never cease their endless war. When my head says ‘I don’t care, my heart says ‘I do care’. When my head says ‘I’m not thinking about her, my heart says ‘of course you do.’” – Unknown
100. “It is not love that makes a relationship complicated; it’s the people in it who do.” – Unknown
101. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
102. “Love is an ocean of emotions entirely surrounded by expenses.” – Thomas Dewar
103. “Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” – George Burns
104. “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” – Elizabeth Evans
105. “The four most important words in any marriage. I’ll do the dishes.” – Unknown
Inspiring Relationship Quotes
106. “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
107. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” – Carl Jung
108. “Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.” – William James
109. “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” – Donald Miller
110. “If you would be loved, love, and be loveable.” – Benjamin Franklin
111. “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish Proverb
112. “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Carl W. Buechner
113. “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” – Swedish Proverb
114. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Epicurus
115. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
116. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
117. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Mahatma Gandhi
See also: Movie Quotes About Love: 130 Most Romantic Quotes From Movies
118. “As you think so shall you be! Since you cannot physically experience another person, you can only experience them in your mind.” – Unknown
119. “Conclusion: All of the other people in your life are simply thoughts in your mind. Not physical beings to you, but thoughts. Your relationships are all in how you think about the other people in your life. Your experience of all those people is only in your mind. Your feelings about your lovers come from your thoughts.
For example, they may in fact behave in ways that you find offensive. However, your relationship to them when they behave offensively is not determined by their behavior, it is determined only by how you choose to relate to that behavior. Their actions are theirs, you cannot own them, you cannot be them, you can only process them in your mind.” – Wayne Dyer
120. “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.” – Henry Winkler
121. “A good word is an easy obligation; but not to speak ill requires only our silence; which costs us nothing.” – John Tillotson
122. “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” – Andre Breton
123. “Relationships of all kinds are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.” – Kaleel Jamison
124. “You can’t put a price tag on love. But if you could, I’d wait for it to go on sale.” – Hussein Nishah
125. “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal
126. “A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.” – Honore de Balzac
127. “Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.” – Miles Franklin
128. “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” – Thomas Merton
129. “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.” – Victor Hugo
130. “Some think love can be measured by the amount of butterflies in their tummy. Others think love can be measured in bunches of flowers, or by using the words ‘for ever.’ But love can only truly be measured by actions. It can be a small thing, such as peeling an orange for a person you love because you know they don’t like doing it.” – Marian Keyes
Finding love is worth the wait!
I hope these waiting for love quotes have made your day brighter and filled you with patience and warmth.
And remember, finding true love is hard, but it’s worth the wait!
Also, don’t forget to share these cute love quotes with your best friends, family, or followers on social media because you know what they say: Sharing is caring!
See also: Deep Love Quotes: 160+ Inspirational Phrases (For Him And Her)