If you want to make your wife happy, there is only one right way to do so: show her love and respect! Mutual respect is indeed the only proven way to a happy marriage.
Now, I know you want to find out the best way to show respect to your better half, and that’s exactly what I’m going to reveal to you today… The most practical ways to respect your wife’s feelings.
Lack of respect may only mean one thing: your marriage is anything but healthy. And truth to be told, where there is no respect, there is no love either.
18 Ways To Respect Your Wife’s Feelings (With Tips)
You’re about to discover some new tips that will probably change your marriage and make the bond between you and your spouse a lot better and stronger. So, let’s start ASAP.
1. Pay attention to her emotional needs
A woman will always resent you if you don’t take care of her needs, especially her emotional ones. Women crave attention, affection, and admiration.
We want to be listened to and understood by our loved ones. And when you think about it, those really aren’t huge requests.
If your wife wants to be alone, you should give her space but also make sure she knows you’ll be there, waiting for her, no matter what.
And when she needs you to talk or simply share the silence with her, you should leave whatever is that you are doing and be with her instantly.
2. Always be honest with her
Lying to her is another thing that will hurt your wife’s feelings every time. When you two got married, both of you promised each other that you’d stay loyal and honest with one another no matter what, and you should stick to it firmly.
Not being honest with her might only make her doubt the strength of your feelings. The truth is, you can’t keep lying to someone you love.
3. Listen carefully when she talks
This is something every woman craves, without a doubt! We just want to have healthy communication with our other halves, and we want them to pay more attention to what we talk about and listen to us more carefully.
We want them to remember the small details, the ones they think aren’t that important but are maybe important for us.
Married life would be so much easier if partners worked on becoming better listeners. So, the next time your wife is talking to you, maintain eye contact with her, don’t interrupt her, and listen to what she has to say.
4. Stay FAITHFUL!
Unfortunately, this is a rule most men decide to break sooner or later. It’s also one of the most common reasons marriages fall apart.
When you decided to marry your wife, you vowed that you’d spend the rest of your life with her and that she’ll be the only woman in your life forever.
Breaking your vows would simply mean that you never loved her enough or that, at some point, you stopped loving her.
Cheating on your wife will definitely hurt her feelings. She won’t only feel betrayed but embarrassed and hurt as well.
5. Consider her your best friend
Besides being your romantic partner, your wife should also be your best friend, and it’s something you should tell her more often. After all, she’s the person who’ll stand by your side for eternity.
Confide your deepest and most well-kept secrets in her. Show her that you’re trustworthy and encourage her to open up to you about her secrets too.
And no matter what happens between you, don’t ever reveal her secrets to other people. It’s the most unfair thing you can do to her, and it’ll hurt her feelings more than you know.
Everything about your intimate relationship should stay within your four walls. Don’t ever talk with your buddies about the physical intimacy in your marriage because it’s a sign of disrespect towards your wife.
She would consider it a betrayal, and she would be ashamed of it. A man who respects his wife will always keep those things private because that’s how real gentlemen do it.
7. Treat her well in front of other people
There are and always will be little disagreements and fights between a married couple. However, it’s something you should always deal with when you’re alone.
Don’t take your problems outside of your marriage. Don’t fight in front of others because you may say something that will hurt your wife, and having other people hear it will only make an even bigger problem.
8. Accept and respect her likes and dislikes
You probably don’t like absolutely everything about your wife, but to be honest, there are some things about you she isn’t exactly a fan of.
However, when you fall in love with someone, you learn to accept even those things you don’t particularly like about them.
If you can’t understand her likes and dislikes, at least try to accept them. Those things also represent a part of her, and by not accepting them, it means you aren’t accepting her for who she truly is.
9. Learn her love language
The only way you can show your wife love and respect is by getting to know what her love language is. That will allow you to find out the right way to prove your love to her.
And don’t worry if her love language doesn’t match yours. It simply means that you have a different perspective on love, but it definitely doesn’t have to be an obstacle in your marriage.
10. Pamper her
To make your wife feel happy, respected, and loved, you really need to treat her like a queen. Spoil her by doing romantic, little things for her on a daily basis.
Surprise her with a nice gift every now and then AND without any special occasion. Plan a super romantic weekend getaway for just the two of you.
Take her out on a romantic date or on a fun shopping tour. Those are all some small ways you can pamper and spoil your lady.
11. Pay attention to the small things
Even though most men decide to ignore the small things in their marriages because they consider them irrelevant, the truth is, some of those little things mean the most to women.
It’s through those small things that we can see whether you really love us.
So, pay attention to your wife’s haircut and looks, and when you notice she’s made a change to her appearance, don’t allow it to go unnoticed but offer her a compliment that will lure a smile onto her face.
12. Include her when making big decisions
Marriage is a partnership, and even though it doesn’t mean you need to be together 24/7, you should behave like true partners and make all your big decisions together.
If your wife feels like she isn’t part of the decision-making process, she might start thinking that you don’t respect her the same way she respects you.
She’ll even think that you’re hiding things from her. If you don’t want your wife to be troubled with those awful thoughts, include her in every aspect of your life, including the ones connected to making big decisions.
13. Have a positive impact on her self-esteem
Most women have fragile self-esteem. If you notice that your wife is struggling with a bad self-image or that she simply lacks self-confidence, you should try to help her boost it.
If your wife has bad self-esteem, it may also have a negative impact on your marriage. She’ll have trust issues, and she won’t feel comfortable opening up to you, which will slowly ruin the bond between you two.
14. Don’t raise your voice to her
If you’re always fighting and insulting each other, you must know one thing: it’s not a healthy marriage. It’s a huge red flag that you don’t love each other, and you should put an end to your marriage as soon as possible, or you’ll only keep hurting one another.
If you really love your wife, you’ll never raise your voice to her because every man knows how much it can hurt a woman’s feelings.
You’ll be patient, and no matter how angry you are, you’ll always try to talk to your wife in a healthy way. Abusing and mistreating her in any way won’t only hurt her feelings, but it’ll show her how little you care about her.
15. Don’t ever fight in front of your kids or other people
If you have kids, it’s a huge no-no to indulge in disagreements in front of them. And it’s not only because it may hurt your wife’s feelings but because it may leave very deep consequences on your children’s mental health.
Also, you shouldn’t fight in front of other people too. Don’t give others the right to talk trash about you or your marriage.
Whenever you disagree about something, pretend as if everything is okay in front of others and then solve it when you get home. Solve your issues alone, and don’t let others interfere with your marital problems.
16. Work hard to give her the life she deserves
A husband is also obliged to provide financial security to his wife and their family. She can work, but she can also choose to be a stay-at-home-mom and manage the household for the entire family.
It’s the man’s duty to work and provide for his family. And if you really love your wife, you’ll work hard to give her everything she wants and deserves in life.
17. Also, encourage her to be independent and do her own thing
If she wants to get that master’s degree, encourage her to go for it. Motivate and encourage her to do whatever she aims for and tell her that she is able to achieve whatever she puts her mind to.
Don’t ever stand in the way of her independence because she may lose herself because of it. Allow her to do her own thing and make it clear that you’ll always be there for her, support her, and encourage her to follow her dreams.
18. Help her with the household chores
This is especially important if both of you have jobs. It’s not fair that she’s the only one who has to do the household chores when both of you get home from work.
You should give her a hand every time you see it’s needed. Sharing household chores is the secret to a happy marriage because a clean home is a happy home. 😁
How Do You Tell Your Wife You Respect Her?
You can use words and simply tell her that you respect her and name all the reasons why that is so. On the other hand, you can also show respect through your actions.
Doing all of these things above will show your wife clearly how much you appreciate and respect her. And not just as your wife but as a human being, the wonderful person she is in every sense of that word.
You can show respect to your wife by allowing her to be what she wants to be. Don’t ever stand in the way of her being herself and becoming whomever she wants to be.
Why You Should Respect Your Wife
First of all, for a successful marriage, mutual respect is a must. Without it, you don’t have the foundation that will help you maintain your marriage. With a lack of respect, your marriage is doomed, and sooner or later, it will end up in divorce.
Secondly, by respecting your wife and her feelings, you’ll show her how strong the love you feel for her is. In a woman’s eyes, it’s the greatest proof of love, and there is nothing that can be compared to it.
It’s also a way to tell her that you accept her the way she is and have no intention of changing a single part of her. And that’s indeed the most beautiful thing a man can give his other half.
Respecting her feelings is a way to earn your wife’s respect. Because the fact is, she won’t respect you if she feels disrespected by you.
How A Husband Should Treat His Wife Quotes
I have a few motivating quotes here that will hopefully encourage you to treat your wife in an even better way than you have been.
1. “A man will treat a woman almost exactly the way he treats his own interior feminine. In fact, he hasn’t the ability to see a woman, objectively speaking, until he has made some kind of peace with his interior woman.” – Robert Johnson
2. “The best way to treat your wife is to treat her as Jesus would. The worst way to treat your wife is to treat her as the devil would.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
3. “A sure sign of a man’s strength is how gently he loves his wife.” – Unknown
4. “You can always tell how a man will treat his wife by the way he treats his mother.” – Janette Rallison
5. “The best gift a husband can give his wife is his time, attention, and love.” – Unknown
6. “Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.” – Unknown
7. “If you treat your wife like a thoroughbred, you’ll never end up with a nag.” – Zig Ziglar
8. “Never talk bad about your spouse to another person. This minimizes your wife’s integrity and takes away from your character.” – Unknown
9. “Husbands, love your wives well! Your children notice how you treat her. You are teaching your sons how they should treat women, and you are teaching your daughters what they should expect from men.” – Dave Willis
10. “Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.” – Peter 3:7
11. “A husband should always try to treat his wife with the greatest courtesy and respect, holding her in the highest esteem. He should speak to her in a kind and soft manner, showing his love by word and deed. As she feels this love and tenderness, she will mirror it and return it tenfold.” – James E. Faust
12. “Even the prettiest woman could feel insecure if she loves the wrong man. What makes her beautiful is a man who can treat her right.” – Jhiess Krieg
13. “I treat my wife very differently than I treat my chums and my pals. I wouldn’t worry about calling them on Valentine’s Day, opening the door for them, or making sure they were OK.” – Mike Huckabee
14. “A good husband loves his wife. A great husband makes her feel special. You make me feel whole.” – Unknown
15. “If you treat your wife poorly, do not think you’d treat Jesus well.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
I hope this has been helpful to all of you married couples but especially to every husband who wants to show respect to their wife in the right way.
Now, you’ve learned how to respect your wife’s feelings, and you should stick to what you’ve learned here for as long as you want your marriage to last.
From my point of view, and every sane person’s, respect is the ultimate token of love. There is no gift or sweet word that can be compared to respect when it comes to true love.
Your wife chose you out of the many other men, and she vowed that she’d love you for eternity – that isn’t something you should take lightly.
You should appreciate, cherish, respect, and love her because of that and because of a million other things she does for you daily.