“I’m not good enough.” This one sentence has become a real pollutant of the human psyche and society in general.
The media, toxic people and your own mind somehow magically always find a way to decrease your self-esteem and prevent you from realizing your worth.
And no, realizing your self-worth is not about being perfect or having everything you ever wanted. It is about knowing what you deserve, setting boundaries and being true to yourself!
Only then will you find true happiness. Realizing your worth is about telling the world: Hey, this is who I am! You don’t have to love me or like me but you will respect me!
(This sounds like something that my parents used to say to me and it’s totally true.)
It is a badass way to live your best life and it has so many benefits. A solid sense of self-worth encompasses multiple life aspects, from your style to your relationships.
In other words, when you know your true worth, you don’t let other people play games with you or interfere with your happiness.
So, don’t let other people define you, your goals, your life or your future!
You are the creator of your own happiness and realizing your worth is the first step to transforming your life and turning it into an exciting journey!
Once you finally realize your true worth, expect these 15 amazing things to happen:
You will boost your self-confidence
Low self-esteem can greatly decrease your performance. Once you realize your true worth, your self-confidence and self-esteem will significantly increase.
Realizing your own worth will teach you that each one of us is special and unique and you will learn to embrace that fact.
You will establish a more positive self-image.
You will no longer be ashamed of the things you used to be before. You will no longer be afraid of standing up for yourself and asking for things you know you deserve.
You will feel proud of yourself and all your achievements. You will no longer be anxious about the future because you won’t be afraid of challenges.
You will be determined to do your best and make things right and you will have the courage to accept the things you cannot change.
You will start surrounding yourself with people who add value to your life
Once you realize your worth, you will meet plenty of inspiring people and new friends who will add value to your life.
You will realize that letting go of toxic people and things that no longer serve you is the key to happiness.
We often surround ourselves with as many people as possible, not thinking about how they influence the quality of our life.
Due to the fear of being alone, we end up being surrounded by people who make us feel miserable.
Realizing your own worth will help you let go of toxic things and attachments.
You will be careful about whom you let into your life. Time will become priceless to you and something you cannot afford to waste.
You won’t give a damn about what others think of you
How many times have you worried about what that one person is thinking about what you have just said or done? I bet one too many, like the rest of us human beings.
The need for acceptance, connection and affection is one of our basic human needs and when you lack self-esteem, this need can start taking its toll on you. But once you realize your worth, you will say to yourself:
I’m the one in charge of my own life and I don’t care about what others think of this or that. I’m willing to listen to them but I will not dance to their tune or be a people-pleaser.
Once you rediscover your own value, you won’t give a damn about what others are saying about you or thinking of you in the real world or on social media and there lies the importance of self-worth.
Trust me, it’s the best feeling in the world!
You will learn to enjoy spending time alone
You cannot enjoy solitude if you’re not in touch with your own self.
Once you realize your worth, you will finally learn to enjoy spending time alone. You will not be afraid of it but you will cherish it.
You will use this time to recharge yourself, evaluate everything that has happened, think about your future goals and what you can do better.
Spending time alone will be your favorite self-care method.
Self-care means self-love!
You will learn to put your needs first. You will not care about missing fun times with other people because you will be busy enjoying your own company.
Once you learn to do that, all the other positive things will follow.
Achieving your goals and becoming the best version of yourself will be your main focus
You will wake up motivated and determined to make the best out of your day. You will no longer say to yourself things like: I can’t do this! I will never succeed in it, no matter what I do.
Instead, you will focus on making an effort and giving your best to achieve your goals and fulfill your dreams.
You will be busy working on BECOMING the best version of yourself instead of only TALKING about it.
From making your bed in the morning to hitting the gym at the end of the day, you will occupy yourself with so many inspiring activities, as well as minor and major achievements.
You will not only focus on the final goal but you will focus on the process of achieving it. Small wins will have the same value in your life as the big ones.
You won’t have time for toxic relationships and crappy dates
Realizing your worth will boost your self-respect and you will not have time to waste on toxic relationships or crappy dates.
Other people will no longer use you as a doormat either.
You will say to yourself: I would rather be single for the rest of my life than in a toxic relationship. I would rather watch Netflix alone and hang out with ice cream than go on a crappy date.
All of a sudden, you will realize that it’s better to be solo and happy than force yourself to enter a relationship that you know you won’t benefit anything from.
Your time will become the most valuable thing you have at your disposal and you’ll be careful with whom you spend it with, so the quality of your life will improve significantly.
You will attract more positive things into your life
You won’t attract positive things if you don’t think you deserve them in the first place. To build self-worth means to attract more positivity and abundance into your life.
There won’t be a place for self-doubt. When you think you deserve something, you will make sure to say it out loud to the universe and your life will be filled with positive changes.
Once you realize your worth, you will ooze with positive vibes and that energy is what will bring you more positive things into your life. You know what they say: ‘What you think is what you attract’.
If you don’t think that you deserve all those wonderful things to happen to you, they won’t happen but if you think you deserve greatness, you will experience it.
It’s just how the Law of Attraction works.
You will attract a partner who will know how to reciprocate
No more being taken for granted, playing games, commitment phobia or dealing with mixed feelings.
When you know your worth, you attract a partner who knows how to reciprocate.
The reasoning is simple here. Given that you’ll no longer be dancing to other people’s tunes or be a people-pleaser, you will not tolerate any form of negativity in your relationships.
You will attract the right partner, the right significant other who will know how to express their feelings and love you the way you deserve.
You will no longer be satisfied with mediocre romances because they are a waste of time.
Instead, you’ll focus on creating something meaningful with someone you really like.
And that person will give their best to shower you with love and always be there for you. They will know that if they aren’t, you won’t either.
Realizing your worth will help you be more relaxed
When you’re not aware of your self-worth, it’s easy for you to worry about irrelevant things, from what others think of you to being anxious about future events.
Once you realize your worth, aka your capabilities, you will be more relaxed in every aspect of your life.
You will no longer think about things like: What if someone laughs at me while I’m doing this or that? I’m worried about what will happen next.
Instead of dwelling in the past or worrying about the future, you will learn to embrace the present and live in the moment.
Truly living in the moment is the only recipe for connecting with your true self and living your life to the fullest.
Only once you’re truly present will you be able to make a difference in your life.
You will feel and be healthier, both mentally and physically
When you take yourself for granted, you basically don’t care about your overall well-being.
You let other people poison you with their toxic thoughts, you don’t practice your self-care routine, bad habits start negatively reflecting on your health and so on.
However, once you realize your worth, you will be fully committed to living a healthy and happy life.
You will feel and be healthier because your health and well-being will be your number one priorities.
You will start exercising, reading inspiring books, hanging out with inspiring people and doing all the other things that improve the quality of your life.
You will do all that because you know you deserve to be happy.
You will learn to stand up for yourself
If you know that you’re right about something, you will not let others tell you that you aren’t. You will not let them manipulate you or play mind games with you.
Instead, you will stand up for yourself and say what you really mean. You will not be afraid to contradict others when you know they are wrong about something.
If someone takes you for granted or hurts you, you will let them know and you will not pretend like nothing happened.
If you respect others, you will expect the same treatment in return because you know your worth and you won’t let anyone humiliate you or tell you that you can’t do something.
You will waste less time (on trivial things)
Once you realize your worthiness, your whole life will change. You will hear that little voice in your head telling you: Don’t do that or don’t go there, it will be a waste of time.
And you will listen to your inner voice because you will trust your gut. When you feel that something might be wrong or unfulfilling, you will not pursue it.
Generally, you will waste less time on trivial things but you will be more goal-oriented and you will think big.
The only way to become unstoppable is to believe that you can do anything you set your mind to.
That’s exactly how you’ll be feeling once you start realizing your true worth.
You will constantly be on the lookout to improve things, challenge your fears and invest your time into things that will be beneficial for you.
You will learn to say, “No,” when needed
You will not be afraid to reject hangouts that don’t seem appealing to you or to reject doing something you feel is not right.
Instead of being a yes person, you will finally learn to say no when needed and you will not worry about disappointing people.
You will not be worried about winning other people’s approval and that’s why you will not always go along with what they want.
You will know your boundaries and values and you will stick to them no matter what.
To realize your worth means to have your own opinions about things and to demand others to respect that. And if they don’t, then you know they’re not worthy of being in your life.
You will unlock your full potential
Once you realize your worth, you will unlock your full potential. All those things you thought you couldn’t do will turn into achievements.
Every aspect of your life will flourish: your work, relationships, hobbies, health, family, friendships, personal growth and so on.
Your lifestyle will be an inspiration to your best friends and the people around you. You will become unstoppable.
Once you unlock your full potential, you will never think that you can’t do something.
You will be solely focused on making all your dreams a reality and you will not stop until you succeed in it.
No matter how many times you fail, you will get up even stronger and start it all over again.
You will be determined, ambitious and patient, which are the three main ingredients of every successful person.
You will learn to love yourself
Oh, yes. You will no longer think that you’re not good enough or that you’ll be worthy of love only if you look or behave in a perfect way.
You will realize that there is no perfection because reality is an illusion.
You cannot love others if you don’t love yourself. These two concepts are interconnected and necessary for your personal growth.
When you learn to love yourself despite all your flaws and quirks, when you learn that perfection is just an illusion, when you learn to embrace your true self, you will realize your true worth.
You will grow self-love within yourself and you will learn to multiply that love with others. You will be a safe haven to so many people who are still struggling to realize their own worth.
You will finally find your purpose and the meaning of life.
37 Quotes About Realizing Your Worth
1. “When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t.” – Unknown
2. “You need to love yourself. Love yourself so much to the point that your energy and aura rejects anyone who doesn’t know your worth.” – Billy Chapata
3. “Know your worth, hold your own power, be you.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
4. “Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness; they don’t need the approval of others.” – Roy T. Bennett
5. “She understood her worth which made her powerful. The world gravely needed a hero so she became one. No superpowers really, just a strong woman who took no nonsense from anyone.” – Randall Core
6. “Know who you are. Know what you want. Know what you deserve. And don’t settle for less.” – Tony Gaskins
7. “To double your net worth, double your self-worth. Because you will never exceed the height of your self-image.” – Robin Sharma
8. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
9. “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” – Ayn Rand
10. “Know your worth! People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them.” – Kanye West
11. “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” – Zig Ziglar
12. “What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate.” – Henry David Thoreau
13. “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
14. “Who you are is not who other people judge you to be; nor is it based on their acceptance of you.” – Sumner M. Davenport
15. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
16. “As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that. You have to know who you are – what others say is irrelevant.” – Nic Sheff
17. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
18. “The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.” – Sonya Friedman
19. “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” – Dalai Lama
20. “When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.” – Mark Victor Hansen
21. “Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn’t have the time to sit around and talk about you. What’s important to me is not others’ opinions of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself.” – C. JoyBell C.
22. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
23. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm Forbes
24. “Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter McIntyre
25. “There is one irrefutable law of the universe: We are each responsible for our own life. If you’re holding anyone else accountable for your happiness, you’re wasting your time. You must be fearless enough to give yourself the love you didn’t receive.” – Oprah Winfrey
26. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
27. “Once you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.” – Rashida Rowe
28. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. “Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up.” – Rachel Corrie
30. “Only when you are aware of the uniqueness of everyone’s individual body will you begin to have a sense of your own self-worth.” – Ma Jian
31. “If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent van Gogh
32. “Never let the opinion of another affect your opinion of yourself.” – Teresa Mummert
33. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – W. W. Ziege
34. “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” – Rob Liano
35. “Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.” – Wendy Wasserstein
36. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
37. “When you please others in hopes of being accepted, you lose your self-worth in the process.” – Dave Pelzer
Once you realize your worth, you will find true happiness!
Once you start realizing your worth, you will discover that you don’t need much to be truly happy.
You don’t need all those expensive things advertised by the mass media, you don’t need to look flawless and you don’t need to blindly follow trends imposed by self-proclaimed influencers.
All you need is to believe in yourself, to realize how special you truly are, and you will unlock your full potential!
Once you become an active participant in your life, you will no longer worry about trivial things.
You will be solely focused on the things you can change. You will accept the fact that you’re not in control of what will happen next but you won’t be afraid of challenges.
Instead, you will face them bravely like a real soldier and if anyone tries to interfere with your happiness, you’ll remind yourself of the following:
“If someone makes you feel like you’re not enough, then know that person is not good enough for you.” – Unknown