When parting ways with a family member, friend, or co-worker, the right words to compose goodbye and good luck messages can be hard to find.
In such emotional moments, when you’re unable to express the bittersweet feelings you want to send your loved ones, goodbye quotes can be useful for your good luck cards.
Here you will find the best farewell messages and good luck wishes to use in greeting cards and notes for the people in your life who might be going away.
Universal Goodbye And Good Luck Messages
For all-purpose ideas for farewell cards and messages that you can use when saying goodbye to anyone, check out the list below.
1. A big change and a new beginning. I know you are up for the adventure and will do great. You are ready to spread your wings and see some new sights. All the best and good luck… but you won’t need it!
2. The journey of life is taking you far from us, but the memories between us will keep you close to our hearts forever. Wishing you an amazing life ahead. Goodbye!
3. Saying farewell is tough, but for me, it is a moment of happiness because I know you are going away for a better and more prosperous future.
4. Although it hurts me to say goodbye as you begin a new chapter in your life, I sincerely wish you all the success in all your future endeavors. Goodbye and good luck.
5. I do not know how to thank you for all the good memories you share with me. You will always be missed, no matter how far apart we are!
6. You will be missed! You were a true partner who always backed me up, so thank you for your support and best of luck for new beginnings!
7. I feel really lucky to have met you is such a crucial part of my life. You are leaving a profound impact on my life. Thank you and goodbye!
8. A sparkling future lies before you, welcoming you into new and fantastic things. May it fulfill all your dreams, and may you grow and flourish in it!
9. As you move into a new chapter of your life, I wish you all the best in all you do. I know you will conquer the new terrain, embrace all the new challenges, and reach the summit!
10. You’re so kind, generous, and talented! May your future be showered with all the goodness you so freely give to others! Stay you!
11. A wonderful future is within your grasp. You deserve everything this world has to offer. I bid you farewell with fondness and gratitude. You will be awesome!
12. Best of luck in your new endeavors! I know you will do great at whatever you put your mind to.
13. I’m going to miss you so much. Best of luck with your new journey and endless adventures. See you soon!
14. You’re one of the best people I’ve ever met. Best of luck with your new life and farewell!
15. Bidding you goodbye is one of the toughest jobs, but we are very happy about the new opportunities you are getting.
16. Your determination has taken you to new heights. We know you can achieve anything you set your mind to and are so proud of you. As you climb the next peak, know we are supporting every step you take. Best of luck, and goodbye for now.
17. Be sure to hold onto your integrity. It’s your greatest strength. Good luck with your future endeavors.
18. It’s hard to believe you’re going, but this is such a wonderful and exciting opportunity for you! I look forward to hearing about it soon! Farewell and good luck!
19. Thank you for all your help and kindness; I will never forget how you comforted me on my vulnerable days! I hope you know this isn’t actually goodbye, but I will miss you around here.
20. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.
21. Go ahead and find your glory. But never forget the ones you shared the journey with. Wishing you good luck with your new life!
22. Enjoy your next chapter! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything or just to catch up.
23. You are the best and brightest of your kind. I’ve enjoyed every moment of our time together. Stay amazing, and best of luck!
24. Thank you for being there for me; it won’t be easy to get used to your absence. I will miss you dearly. Farewell and best of luck.
25. This farewell does not mean that our friendship is ending. This farewell is a sign that we will meet soon somewhere else with new gossips, new achievements, and new love.
26. Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.
27. Thanks for being an incredible part of my life. I am looking forward to meeting you once again on this journey of life. Farewell!
28. They say that people close to the heart are never far away. I wish you the best for the bright future that lies ahead of you.
29. Good luck, and may you always achieve your greatest goals wherever you may go.
30. Wherever you go, may you choose the right path and get all the success you deserve. All the best for your next days of life.
31. Sometimes, you only realize how much someone means to you when it’s time to say goodbye. We’re going to miss you here but wish you all the best for your promising future ahead.
32. No matter where you go, stay in touch always. Take care and goodbye!
33. Today, we are saying goodbye to each other. But there is no reason to feel sad. Think about all the happy moments that we shared together, and a smile will definitely form across your face. Farewell!
34. Good luck in everything that comes your way in the coming months. I hope that you get the happiness and success you deserve.
35. Though I’m sad to see you go, I’m sending you on your way with warm wishes of success and good luck! Thank you for all the fantastic memories. You will be missed!
36. Good luck. You certainly deserve the best that life has to offer. Keep in touch and don’t forget us!
37. May good luck be your friend in whatever you do, and may trouble always be a stranger to you.
38. Today, I am saying farewell to you, but I am not at all sad. I know that you are going abroad in search of new opportunities. Goodbye, and all the best for the future.
39. Good things come to good people, and you are one of the best. Enjoy every bright day that is ahead of you. Goodbye and good luck!
40. Though I have to bid you farewell, for now, I know in my heart that I will see you again. May life bring you many blessings, and may you always be happy and healthy.
41. You’ve made your mark here, but now it’s time to make it somewhere else. We’ll miss you but want to wish you the very best!
42. Go well along the path to your dreams! Thank you for all that you are and all that you do. You’ll be missed! Goodbye, and good luck!
43. Have fun as you take on the world. I know that you will come out on top after every one of your amazing adventures.
44. Words are not enough to express how happy I am that our paths crossed. I will remember the good times and hope that we meet again. Wishing you all the best for your future. Farewell.
45. Having you in my life was a gift I didn’t deserve. Thank you for all you have done for me. I am grateful to have had you in my life. Good luck!
46. It’s on to bigger and better for you. Hope all of your dreams come true!
Goodbye Messages For A Friend
When a beloved friend is leaving, emotions might run high and words might fail you. Luckily, here are lots of ideas that you can use in your card messages when saying goodbye to a friend.
47. Goodbye is the toughest word, especially if it has to be said to such a wonderful friend like you. May we soon meet again. Farewell!
48. I hate goodbyes, so let’s not say it! I hope you always remember that you have a supportive friend here, no matter wherever you go! See you later, dear!
49. You were there when I was going through the most crucial part of my life. Thank you for being there for me. Farewell, dearest.
50. Goodbye, dear friend. We know you’re moving on to bigger and better things, but your absence will take some getting used to. Farewell and best of luck.
51. I hate saying goodbye to you, my dear. I will always cherish all our good old days and beautiful memories. I hope you know that this isn’t the end; we will stay strong forever.
52. I had never thought saying goodbye would be so painful. Today as we part, I am forced to say goodbye. But I know that we will meet again very soon. ‘Til then, goodbye, my friend.
53. A true friend like you is a precious gift for life. My heart is weeping today knowing that you’ll not be here with me anymore. Have a blessed new life!
54. Remember us when you have gone. A friendship like ours will last the distance, and just because you are moving on does not mean it is lost. So long for now, and best of luck. We will speak soon.
55. Bidding farewell is not easy for me, but I will always want the best for you! May life goes easy on you. I will miss you, bestie!
56. Can miles truly separate you from friends? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?
57. Thank you for the support and goodwill you’ve shown over the years. These memories are ones that I’ll never forget. I look forward to staying in touch with you. Farewell, friend!
58. Dear friend, for me, saying farewell is just a formality because I know that we will meet again very soon. Goodbye for now.
59. I hope to keep in touch, and I wish you all the luck in the world. The most heartfelt goodbye to you, my friend.
60. You are going far away from me. But I know it’s just a matter of time until we meet again. Our friendship will only become stronger by then!
61. Dear friend, good luck with your life ahead. ‘Til we meet again!
62. Do not get sad at the thought of parting. We will meet again, my friend. Farewell!
63. Today, we part ways, but it does not mean we are no longer friends. You will always remain in my heart. Farewell, my friend!
64. This is one of the hardest and saddest days of my life. I never realized that one day I would have to say goodbye to my best friend. Goodbye, good luck, and I hope to see you soon.
65. Until we meet again, I bid you farewell, my friend. May every sunset bring you another smile, another laugh, and another reason for gratitude.
66. Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
67. Farewell does not mean the end of our friendship. We have had a great journey together, and we’ll meet each other at the end!
68. Today is the saddest day of my life. I had never imagined that one day I would have to say farewell to my best friend. Goodbye, dear friend; I hope to see you soon.
69. Farewell, my friend. I hope that you may always be surrounded by good people.
70. Friends never say goodbye to each other because, deep inside their hearts, they know that they’ll be in touch forever! Good wishes for your future!
71. No matter where you go, we’re still going to be tied in our hearts by the friendship we share. Goodbye, best friend!
72. Your presence has added so much meaning to my life. Hope mine has set a benchmark for you too. Adieu, dear friend!
Goodbye Messages For A Co-Worker
Co-workers might not be the friends you would normally chose, but as you spend a lot of time with them, it’s easy to become close. Use one of the messages below to convey your gratitude and wishes to a colleague.
73. As you move forward to find your calling, remember those with whom you shared the journey. Wishing you all the best!
74. Right now, I envy the people who will be your co-workers next the most. Trust me; they are the luckiest people to be fortunate enough to get such a great mate at work right beside them. Goodbye and good luck!
75. As you move on from here, know that we all are grateful for your time and dedication. All the best to you at your new job.
76. Best of luck on your new adventure. I’ve really enjoyed working with you! You will be missed around here.
77. Even though we were not able to work as closely together as I would have liked, I would love to stay in touch with you as you progress throughout your career. Best wishes!
78. Best wishes for your continued success. We’ll miss you here, but we know you’ll do great where you are going.
79. Congratulations on a job well done! I know that you’re going to thrive in your next role as you’re a great employee! Best of luck!
80. You were a lot more than a co-worker. Because of you, this office always seemed like a family. Today our hearts weep to say goodbye to you!
81. You’ve achieved so much in so little time; it’s no surprise that you’ve outgrown your wings. Good luck with your new endeavor!
82. Your enthusiasm always inspired me to work hard. My hectic days were fun because of you. It’s time to say goodbye to you. May you achieve your goals.
83. I’ve really enjoyed working with you. You are a great team member and friend! Good luck with your new job.
84. I will cherish the time we had together at work. Your dedication and hard work are inspiring. Good luck in the next phase of your career.
85. It’s very hard to say goodbye to a friend and colleague. Sending you all my best wishes!
86. Goodbye to one of the workaholic employees of our team. Your dedication and enthusiasm inspire others. Best of luck with your new beginning. Farewell!
87. Thank you for your kindness, your hard work, and your funny jokes. I wish you the best of luck and continued success wherever you may find yourself.
88. Good luck to my greatest coworker! It’s been great working with you. Wishing you all the best… We’re going to miss you!
89. Working in this office without you will be so boring. I know you’ll be successful in your new position. Thank you and farewell, my friend!
90. Having a friend like you in the workplace is a gift. I have always admired you for who you are. Saying goodbye is difficult!
91. Happy farewell to you. You are the best colleague I have ever worked with. May you excel in life and achieve all success.
92. Wishing you complete fulfillment in your new role. You have been a wonderful colleague, and I know your new team will just love you!
93. Having the privilege of working with you is the highlight of my professional career. Wishing you the best of luck during retirement.
94. Working with you was one of the best experiences of my life. Thank you for being supportive and friendly towards me all these years. Goodbye and best of luck with your new job.
95. Having you as a colleague was a true blessing! For me, saying farewell is just a formality because I know that we will meet again soon. Take care and goodbye for now.
96. Hopefully, this is not goodbye; it’s just see you later. Enjoy your new job!
97. I am not going to lie, but the office will not be the same without you. I am seriously going to miss you so much, dear friend.
98. Today I want to thank you for your valuable service to our company. This company will never forget your contribution. May all your wishes come true. Goodbye!
99. It was great to work with a colleague with a great sense of humor. I know your new coworkers will think the same of you. Best of luck.
100. Our office won’t be the same without you. Thanks for all the laughs, great ideas, and your strong work ethic over the years. We appreciate you and wish you good luck.
No matter if it’s a close friend moving to a new city or a co-worker who used to wish you good morning every day changing companies, saying goodbye isn’t an easy task. Finding the right words can be tricky.
Luckily, we’ve compiled an exhaustive list of meaningful things to say on such an occasion, and I’m sure you’ve found something to use in your goodbye and good luck messages.