You’re aware of everything. You’re able to see things as they truly are. You came to terms with the truth, the ugly truth that the person you honestly love doesn’t love you.
Still, despite it all, you simply can’t gather the strength to let go of them. It’s not that you want to stay with them, but you simply can’t imagine your life without them in it. And, that’s blocking you from moving on.
I know that overly confusing and painful feeling very well, and I’m here today to make it a bit easier for you. I compiled the most inspiring moving on quotes I found online into this huge collection, and I truly hope they’ll help you brace up and take that very brave step.
Remember, it’s never late for a new beginning. No matter what everyone else says, your inner peace and happiness are the most important, and it’s high time to make them your main priority.
Inspirational Moving On Quotes
If someone is disrespecting you, making you feel sad, disrupting your inner peace… Then letting go and moving on from them isn’t a choice… It’s something you need to do in order to keep yourself and your own peace of mind.
This list of inspirational quotes will encourage you to walk out of their life, move on, and keep moving forward no matter what they or your heart keeps telling you.
1. “Sometimes, you have to move on without certain people. If they’re meant to be in your life, they’ll catch up.” – Mandy Hale
2. “If I kept saying it; if I kept reaching out. My accident really taught me just one thing: the only way to go on is to go on. To say ‘I can do this’ even when you know you can’t.” – Stephen King
3. “Be Brave and Take Risks: You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
4. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up, and move on.” – Dave Pelzer
5. “A competitive and insecure woman will tell you that “true love” is never giving up on someone you’re in love with. A confident and spiritual woman knows that “moving on” doesn’t mean you never loved someone. She realizes that letting go is what God needs her to do because both your happiness and hers requires taking different journeys for spiritual growth. Letting go is sometimes the hardest thing, but it is the most “real love” you will ever experience.” – Shannon L. Alder
6. “You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go… You don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on.” – Marta Mrotek
7. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
8. “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life’.” – Joel Osteen
9. “Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day; it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self.” – Tere Arigo
10. “I demolish my bridges behind me… then there is no choice but to move forward.” – Fridtjof Nansen
11. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean; a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” – C. JoyBell C.
12. “Moving on will show you a lot about who you are, what you truly want, and what you have no desire to waste your time on.” – April Mae Monterrosa
13. “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” – Mary Manin Morrissey
14. “Time flies, people change. You’re not always needed. There are times to move forward and places to let go.” – Unknown
15. “The great courageous act that we must all do is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
16. “If someone doesn’t care to accept you, respect you, and believe in you, don’t hesitate to move on and let them go. There are many who love and appreciate you just the way you are.” – Amaka Imani Nkosazana
17. “It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters… it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.” – Paulo Coelho
19. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
20. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
21. “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So, you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” – Nicholas Sparks
22. “Moving on is not forgetting – moving on is being able to remember without feeling awful about it.” – Sam Madison
23. “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve or would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.” – Tupac Shakur
Short Moving On Quotes
Whether you’re struggling with letting go of your loved one or some baggage from the past, these short but truly encouraging quotes will motivate you to finally leave it behind and move on.
1. “When one door shuts… sometimes it’s best to leave it shut and move on…” – Scott Joffe
2. “Sometimes, letting go is braver than holding on until you break.” – Rebekah Crane
3. “You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself.” – Mandy Hale
4. “Sometimes, you have to take a step back to move forward.” – Erika Taylor
5. “Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.” – Steve Maraboli
6. “The greatest win is walking away and choosing not to engage in drama and toxic energy at all.” – Lalah Delia
7. “Even a rock moves on.” – Anthony Liccione
8. “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain; you need to learn how to let go.” – Roy T. Bennett
9. “You can’t expect to move forward if your emergency brake is on.” – Angela Cecilia
10. “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.” – Mandy Hale
11. “The pain of letting go will be eclipsed by the relief of moving on.” – Scott Stabile
12. “No reason. They (some things) just are, and that’s all there is to it. Some things you just have to accept and move on from.” – A.F. Harrold
13. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
14. “Sometimes, moving forward changes what’s behind you.” – Kami Garcia
15. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” –
16. “There’s a reason why golfers walk forward to their next shot. It’s to move on.” – J.R. Rim
17. “Girls, you’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.” – Tori Amos
18. “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” – Havelock Ellis
19. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” – Faraaz Kazi
20. “Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
21. “You can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you and find something better in your future.” – Jodi Picoult
22. “When a thing is done, it’s done. Don’t look back. Look forward to your next objective.” – George C. Marshall
23. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Seneca
24. “Breathe. Let go. And, remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
25. “Letting go doesn’t mean giving up; it means moving on.” – Toni Sorenson
26. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” – Raymond Lindquist
27. “Rehashing the past wouldn’t change anything. Time to move forward.” – Zena Wynn
28. “Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.” – Leo Buscaglia
Life Is Moving On Quotes
The fact we’re all aware of is that the journey of life is everything but constant. We all encounter many changes throughout that journey and, sometimes, we get pretty overwhelmed by it all.
However, once we come to terms with it and embrace that inconsistency of life, we’ll be able to deal with it easier. Let these incredible quotes help you reach that acceptance faster.
1. “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die, and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.” – Bryant McGill
2. “You have changed, but that is okay. Life is not static, why should you be?” – Samantha Tamburello
3. “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” – Helen Hollick
4. “You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.” – Oprah Winfrey
5. “Life moves on and so should we.” – Spencer Johnson
6. “Life is about moving on, accepting changes, and looking forward to what makes you stronger and more complete.” – Unknown
For more inspirational quotes and sayings about life, check out these amazing life quotes.
Quotes On Continuing to Move Forward
Neither time nor life will ever wait for any one of us. These magnificent quotes below are proof that we all have only one choice in life; to keep moving forward no matter what.
1. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “To everyone battling a difficulty or under attack right now, smile, keep your head up, keep moving, and stay positive… you’ll get through it.” – Germany Kent
3. “That’s all you can do in this world no matter how strong the current beats against you or how heavy your burden or how tragic your love story. You keep going.” – Robyn Schneider
4. “When the going gets tough, put one foot in front of the other and just keep going. Don’t give up.” – Roy T. Bennett
5. “The answer to every adversity lies in courageously moving forward with faith.” – Edmond Mbiaka
6. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
7. “Moving is not about forgetting. It’s about moving forward and never looking back.” – Imania Margria
8. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we’re curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
9. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
10. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation; without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
11. “The whole point in moving forward is to leave things behind. Once you look back, you stop moving forward. Understanding this makes you move on easier.” – Innocent Mwatsikesimbe
12. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
13. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” – Victor Kiam
14. “Our scars make us who we are. Wear them proudly, and move forward.” – Jane Linfoot
15. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
Relationship Moving On Quotes
It’s normal to fight for fixing or saving your relationship, but it’s unhealthy to hold onto it if you’re aware that it’s not going anywhere. It’s deeply unhealthy to hold onto your loved one when you’re aware they’re toxic for you.
Sometimes, the one and only choice you have in a relationship is to let go of it and move forward. I hope these touching quotes below will explain to you why and when ‘moving on’ is truly necessary.
1. “I think that you never fall out of love with somebody; you just let go and move on.” – Ashley Rickards
2. “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.” – C. JoyBell C.
3. “If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But, you did. And, accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.” – Sarah Dessen
4. “Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye.” – Beyoncé
5. “No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on.” – Alexandra Elle
6. “My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing the beauty of life once more. It has happened before, it will happen again, I’m sure. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive – I’ll find love again.” – Paulo Coelho
7. “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” – Criss Jami
8. “The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will. Let them go.” – Robert Tew
9. “The thing about heartbreak, I realized, is it’s not really about waiting for things to stop hurting before you start moving. A broken heart can and will heal in time, but for time to actually do its job, I needed to acknowledge what I had lost, and move on.” – Ana Tejano
10. “You loved him enough to let him leave… Now, you need to love yourself enough to let him go.” – Ranata Suzuki
11. “Momma used to say, you got to know when to move. More important than knowing when to stay put.” – Joyce Carol Oates
Letting Go And Moving On Quotes
One thing you really need to understand: there is no moving forward without letting go. That is, if you want to move on from someone or something, you need to force yourself to let go and forget about it first.
The (unfortunate) truth is that letting go requires a lot of strength and persistence. Read these quotes below and arm yourself with the strength to finally release everything that has been tormenting you or making you sad.
1. “In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
2. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C.S. Lewis
3. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
4. “Letting go is also a matter of self-worth.” – Efrat Cybulkiewicz
5. “The day I understood everything was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” – C. JoyBell C.
6. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
7. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
8. “Today, expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Realize that the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it. Let the past go. A simply abundant world awaits.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
9. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
10. “By accepting the process of letting go, we make people and things that we can’t stay with forever a part of our history.” – Dr. Prem Jagyasi
11. “Sometimes, the hardest part isn’t letting go, but rather learning to start over.” – Nicole Sobon
12. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go simply for the reason that they are heavy. So, let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” – C. Joybell C.
13. “Sooner or later, we’ve all got to let go of our past.” – Dan Brown
14. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
15. “Sometimes, you can’t let go of the past without facing it again.” – Gail Tsukiyama
16. “Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go until one day, it’s gone for good.” – Eleanor Brownn
17. “The art is not one of forgetting but letting go.” – Rebecca Solnit
18. “If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.” – Amit Ray
19. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
20. “Letting go isn’t a one-time thing, it’s something you have to do every day, over and over again.” – Dawson’s Creek
21. “Peace can only be achieved by letting go of the past and accepting what is.” – Abhishek Kumar
22. “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” – Jessica Hatchigan
23. “Sometimes, the only way to get a grip is by learning to let go.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
24. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
25. “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” – Jackson Kiddard
26. “It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.” – Angelina Jolie
27. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
I hope this collection of moving on quotes made you realize that you don’t lose as much as you actually win by moving forward. You get a new chance to start it all over again.
You get a new chance to build yourself into a whole new person… A better person.
You get a new opportunity to meet love… Real love… The unconditional, unselfish, honest, and beyond every limit kind of love.
That’s why you should celebrate and consider new beginnings as blessings. Pick yourself up, let go of things that are not meant for you, and move on. That is something you truly owe to yourself.
So, here is to your new (A way better) chapter! ? Your new (and more amazing) self! New (honest and undying) love! And, most importantly, new (and way much brighter) happiness!