Bedtimes are not just for children, trust me. There’s nothing better for women than listening to their man’s voice rocking them into sleep. And imagine that voice telling the most amazing and captivating bedtime story of all times?
That’s a jackpot right there!
So, here are the five most romantic bedtime stories for your girlfriend that work like a charm, whether you want to ease her period cramps, help her go to sleep or relieve her stress. Add a tight hug into that equation and you’re instantly boyfriend goals!
1. He never told her he loved her. He made her coffee in the morning. He brought her tissues when she sniffled. He bought her flowers when she was sad. He made her favorite dinner every Tuesday and tucked her in when she fell asleep reading. But he never told her he loved her.
2. When a young student of a Catholic Church asked her teacher about the reasons why she decided to become a religious sister, her teacher told her a heartwarming love story. Many years ago, when she was at a similar age, the teacher (let’s call her Ms. Patterson) fell in love with a young man from a wealthy family. The two began seeing each other and quickly developed a deep connection with each other.
Unfortunately, the young man’s family was not at all in agreement with the relationship. They even threatened to enroll their son at a university far away overseas. As Ms. Patterson came from a poor background. She couldn’t possibly have afforded to go with him at that time. This meant that if they wanted to continue the relationship, they would be separated from each other if they wanted or not.
But they both had fallen so in love with each other that ending the relationship – no matter in what way – was not an option. For this reason, they decided to run away. In great secrecy, they planned their escape and set these plans into action when the young man’s family finally found out about it. But instead of quickly returning back home after running away, the two never went back.
They joined the church, took holy orders and began traveling the world for various humanitarian missions. The two spent 40 years traveling and even got married, shortly before the man’s life came to an end.
3. It is the year 1975, when Charlotte Von Sledvin, a 19-year-old student of a Swedish royal family, travels to India to get a portrait made by a gifted artist. The artist was born into a poor Indian family of the lowest caste, also known as the “untouchables.” Despite the incredibly difficult circumstances, the artist, named Pradyumna Kumar Mahanandia, had gained an outstanding reputation for being a gifted painter. His reputation led Charlotte Von Sledvin to travel all the way to India to get her portrait done.
By the time the portrait was finished, the two had fallen in love. Pradyumna was fascinated with Charlotte’s beauty. Never before had he seen a more beautiful woman from the Western world. He gave his best to capture all her beauty in the portrait, yet never fully succeeded. Nonetheless, the portrait was magnificent and Charlotte fell for his simplicity and his beautiful character. Because of him, she spontaneously decided to stay longer in India. A couple of days became weeks and then even months. The two had fallen so deeply in love that they decided to get married according to traditional Indian rituals.
Unfortunately, the time came when Charlotte had to leave again in order to complete her studies in London. Thousands of miles separated the two, but their feelings for each other never changed. They stayed in contact through letters, which they exchanged almost weekly. Naturally, the newlyweds struggled terribly with the great distance between each other. Charlotte offered to buy her husband air tickets, which he refused. He had not only decided to complete his studies first, but he had also set his mind on reuniting with the love of his life on his own terms. He even made her the promise that he would do anything he can to see her again.
After Pradyumna had finished his studies, he took all his possessions and sold them. Unfortunately, the money he earned didn’t even come close to a flight ticket. All he could afford was a cheap and used bicycle. Many would have been greatly disappointed, some would have even given up. But not Pradyumna. Instead of allowing the difficult circumstances to stop him from seeing his beloved wife again, he decided to use what he had in order to see her again. Nothing could stop him from reuniting with his wife, even if that meant an exhausting bicycle ride halfway around the world.
His decision was the beginning of a bicycle journey from India to the Western world. Pradyumna took all his paintings and brushes along with him in order to financially support his endeavor. His voyage led him through eight countries and took more than four months. But eventually, he arrived at Charlotte’s hometown in Sweden and finally saw her again. From then on, the two did never leave each other’s side for too long.
4. Emma had kept her secret for so long, letting it grow in her heart. But the secret was so big, she knew she couldn’t keep it inside much longer. She wanted to show people how beautiful it was, like Heaven on Earth, but she wasn’t sure how.
At first, she noticed the secret trying to get out when she began smiling at everyone, and they smiled back. Oh, that felt good. So, she did it some more. Then she saw her secret working its way out when she talked to people in the grocery store, or on the school playground, or in the neighborhood. She’d say simple things to them like, “Nice weather,” or “I like your baby,” or “Where’d you get those cool shoes?” And they would answer with a simple, “Yes it is,” or “Thank you,” or “At Penney’s. They’re real comfortable too.” She found that being friendly to others made them friendly to her.
Next, she tried telling some of her best jokes to someone she thought might need a good laugh. Then, she would get to laugh along with them. And she made and sent cards to people she thought might enjoy some mail. These were things she’d appreciate from others herself.
Then, she’d use her imagination to pretend to be a bird, flitting on her tiptoes down the sidewalk, singing happy songs. She liked the way the breeze brushed against her body. Next, she tried being a puppy and explored the walking trail in the city park, looking under bushes and growling at squirrels.
She would write silly stories in her notebook and paint watercolor pictures on a tablet to make herself smile. Then, she would neatly tear them out and give them to her friends.
Her secret was getting out. She was sharing her happiness with others. At first, she was a little afraid she might run out of good feelings for herself, but what she soon discovered was it was quickly being refilled as others shared their happiness with her.
5. Dae was the sun and Knight was a curious man. Knight noticed Dae shining as brilliantly as diamonds on fire in the sky. He was in awe of her warm glow and adored her from Earth. She was so bright that it hurt his eyes to look upon her directly. Dae loved Knight as well. She noticed the effort he made to admire her and wished for him to be close to her. He could never look at her nor reach for her without being in great pain! She was so bright! It made Dae sorrowful to know her glow was painful to her Knight. Yet, she was the sun; she provided Earth with warmth and light. It was in her nature to shine and there was no other way for her to be less sun. Their love was tragic yet true. They both wished for the same thing, to hold each other and love together for eternity, but they could not as it caused them both great discomfort.
Knight was very clever. He decided to craft armor made of his devotion to Dae to shield himself from her mighty fire. He thought, “That I may safely reach out to Dae without being burned to ash nor blinded by her wonderful touch.” Surely, this material would withstand her powerful being and they could be together finally. Dae watched Knight toil diligently over the armor.
At long last, he came to Dae after his beautiful, gleaming armor was crafted. She eagerly reached out to him but she melted his armor in just a moment! “Oh no!”, she exclaimed. She hadn’t meant to do this! Knight was taken aback and disappointed that his armor was so easily destroyed, but he still adored her. However, Dae was also upset that her touch had caused him so much grief. Their love was tragic yet true. They both wished for the same thing, to hold and love each other for all time. But, they could not be together as it caused them both discomfort.
No matter to Knight. He used his enormous heart to fashion himself a cloak made of his love for Dae. It was the strongest material ever made in all of time! Surely, this time, the cloak would withstand her mighty touch and they could finally be together.
Knight then covered himself with the cloak and went to Dae once more. He was a man in love, determined to hold Dae close to him. When she saw him in the cloak, she was overcome with joy and shone brighter than ever. This made Knight nervous. The cloak was very delicate. He was unsure if it would be destroyed by her intense rays. He reached out to her anyway. Then, something magical happened! They were able to finally hold each other! Knight gave her happiness and she wished to return that joy to him. The cloak allowed them to be close! She asked him if he would like to become a Moon. He joyfully accepted!
For some time, they stayed close to each other, though his light was pale in comparison to her wondrous glow. When he became the moon, the beings of Earth were in awe of him. Knight was very kind and he loved Dae very much, so would never ask her to shine less than him. He asked her if she would like to try on his cloak instead. Dae was delighted that he would offer his lovely cloak to be wrapped around her celestial body, so she agreed. When Dae put on the cloak, something amazing happened! The space around her was immediately draped with darkness. Neither of them expected that! But, the beings of Earth fell in love with Knight! And they began to sing and praise him as they had praised Dae. When Dae saw this, she loved Knight even more, if it were possible! They remained this way for some time.
However, the Earth was getting sick without Dae’s warmth and light. She made Knight aware of this and he became sad because he knew his pale light was not enough in comparison to the gift her brilliance gave the Earth. Knight was very intelligent. He knew that without the Earth, he would receive no praise from the beings who lived there. He had compassion for them as he was once a mortal human himself.
So, Knight and Dae made a promise together. Dae would wear Knight’s cloak for a short time so that they both could shine in their own way for those who loved them most. Dae and Knight love each other so much, they take turns wearing Knight’s cloak made of his pure love for her. Dae shines always and Knight is always close to her proving his devotion and love. Just as they had wanted all along. No more did they suffer. Their love is true but no longer tragic.